test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crafting Fails at an All Time High

d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
There is something wrong with the crafting professions. With a Legendary Forgehammer you should have a 70% success rate on your crafted items, yet 6 out 7 of my crafted items have been fails since mod6 hit. Sure it's possible to fail that much but the odds against are astronomical. You only have to look at the huge number of failed items on AH to see that many are having the same problem. Same with the extremely high prices of success items. Considering that L25 crafted items take very expensive materials, the ROI is just pathetic and is likely making many NW artisans consider getting out of the business. I can't even gear my own toons, let alone have any to sell.

Please Cryptic, take a look at what's going on here and fix it so we actually do have the chance of success that the game promises. Getting good gear is hard enough without this nonsense.
Post edited by d4rthd00fus on

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This my fault. Last week I went 14/15 on making Gemmed Exquisite Rings.

Sorry :(
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    This my fault. Last week I went 14/15 on making Gemmed Exquisite Rings.

Sorry :(

Truly it is folks that have success like yours that make it all the more difficult for folks the game has cursed with failure. I have to ask though, why would you make the old rings instead of the new ones? Perhaps the fail rate is more attached to the L25 stuff.
  • b4rb4r1kb4rb4r1k Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Agreed! Success rate is not anywhere close to 70%. I thought I was just unlucky as hell but there is probably more to this than meets the eye.
    edited May 2015
    Also I noticed that the rare tasks for these level 25 items hardly ever come up. Very frustrating!
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is one of the things which I have no problem....

Urlord
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Truly it is folks that have success like yours that make it all the more difficult for folks the game has cursed with failure. I have to ask though, why would you make the old rings instead of the new ones? Perhaps the fail rate is more attached to the L25 stuff.

They were the level 25 rings...I just can't be arsed to look up the full names :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • m34n5tr34km34n5tr34k Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fails are out of hand. Starting to think the forgehammer is bugged and might actually be reducing chance of success instead of increase. If ironzerg79 is not just trolling then I want his hammer!
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I also have been gifted with a high (60%) success rate with all the new level 25 stuff. Only 2 failures out of 14. Those of you using the Forgehammer might want to look for a fine print......"If craft is successful.....REROLL" :rolleyes:
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Maybe they need the equivalent of a coal ward for crafting??
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cryptic's RNG seems to be very streaky.

So many times I've used 5 or more skill kits on a professions node which supposedly has 75% success rate. My LWer just ended a nasty streak of 6 failed attempts at making gemmed shirts/pants. I had such bad luck making gemmed jewelry in Mod 5 that I started doing the same task on two slots simultaneously, hoping at least one would succeed, and I'd still end up with two non-gemmed rings.

It's nothing new to Mod 6.
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    empalas wrote: »
    Maybe they need the equivalent of a coal ward for crafting??

That's not such a bad idea. Wouldn't even mind if they made the actual coalescent ward suitable for that (a 100% success option even with white assets for 1000zen basically)
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't use hammer - 1/2 is success or so. But it can be 3 successes /3 loss.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mifiisu wrote: »
    That's not such a bad idea. Wouldn't even mind if they made the actual coalescent ward suitable for that (a 100% success option even with white assets for 1000zen basically)

prices would skyrocket then. But yeah having mithril tools (1-2m AD) with 60% chance only sucks.
    edited May 2015
    thedemien wrote: »
    Don't use hammer - 1/2 is success or so. But it can be 3 successes /3 loss.

It's an awful expensive thing to have and not use it. But if the extra bonus really is broken and actually lower your chances it would ALMOST account for the huge number of failures reported by many using one. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that Cryptics math skills caused what was supposed to be a gain to turn to a loss.
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My experience seems to be ok. I have a legendary forgehammer so far which has failed but seems to succeed most of the time. Overall I get a reasonable amount of successes too. I craft like 10 shirts/rings (though the rings are rarer to come up) a day give or take. Whether going to mythic quality is detrimental I don't know considering rank 4 skills can often be nerfed in damage or time. Sometimes I get 3/3 successes (for a set), sometimes 2/3 losses.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Considering the amount of bugs they have been missing in game. I would honestly be surprised if the numbers were crunched right.

And lets be honest, ever since launch that 75% success rate for profession kits has never been accurate. It hasnt even been close to accurate.
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not really understanding why there isn't a lvl 25 jewelry piece that gives lifesteal. :/
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
    edited May 2015
    WRT the forgehammer being bugged, it's certainly possible. I have noticed that I've had better luck when not using for some reason. I would like to see this looked into. That artifact has zero other reason for being other than the 10% increased chance of SUCCESS (at legendary) it's supposed to provide, but if like many other broken things in Neverwinter it's actually doing the opposite Cryptic really needs to look into it. Prices for crafted L25 items are nuts right now so it's in the best interests of everyone to make sure the professions and assets are working properly.
  • drey181drey181 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have bad luck too, when I was trying to upgrade my Waters Artifact to rare, it failed 9 times.....
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    drey181 wrote: »
    I have bad luck too, when I was trying to upgrade my Waters Artifact to rare, it failed 9 times.....

Yea I have used 12 pres wards on a 40%(I think was def above 30) chance before. Anyone want to figure out the odds of that?
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I experienced a spell of failures (to get top tier items) some time ago and that spurred me to track my success rate for all crafted items.

Over the period of approximately 1 year, the success rate (of getting Rank 3 result) with 4 epic asset stands at 58%, which is close enough to the stated 60%.
    edited May 2015
    well streak is now 7/8 fails but luckily it was just pots and I got the middle tier result, so in that case just lost out on a couple pots. Luck is just not with me in Mod6. Maybe I haven't said enough kind things about the game? Ok, lets try... umm... well.. there's that one thing.. no that was before the nerf. Sorry coming up empty here.
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    While I was tracking the results, I noticed spells of high failure followed by spells of high success rates. It sort of evens out in the long run.
    edited May 2015
    While I was tracking the results, I noticed spells of high failure followed by spells of high success rates. It sort of evens out in the long run.

Not evening out here. Just ran a ring through and paid for early finish thinking I surely couldn't fail again. 8/9 now. If this is a 70% success then I just got elected Pope. I give up.
  • drey181drey181 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Upgrading a artifact to rare has a 90% chance to go through.... Took me 9 times before it did. lol
    edited May 2015
    What was I thinking? Ring task came up again and taunted me. Brain damaged person that I am I thought this streak can be broken, and after this I'm sure I'm due a long string of successes. This time I left off the forgehammer and just used purples. You can guess where this went. Yep I'm 9/10 fails now. I think cryptic is telling me in no uncertain terms that my poor wi-flagged account is not going to succeed in professions, ever. Hang up your tools and retire. You are better off just buying things you need off of AH and not contributing to the economy as anything but a consumer. Thanks Cryptic for closing my last door to gearing at a lower cost and making some AD on the side. You truly know how to drive away customers with your evil algorithms.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    report it in the bugs section. im sorry it has happened but sometimes things go bad. you know how life is.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You need to look no further than skill kits to see there is an issue. I can't count how many times I have gone without a failure, only to see that 1 failure pop up and immediately think "wonder how many this will take" and it almost always takes 3-4 tries. Watch for this next time you are grabbing skill nodes...you won't fail much, but when you do, you'll fail multiple times.

The crafting system is barely useable as is...I dont think the tier system is really necessary either.
  • bsrangerbsranger Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You need to look no further than skill kits to see there is an issue. I can't count how many times I have gone without a failure, only to see that 1 failure pop up and immediately think "wonder how many this will take" and it almost always takes 3-4 tries. Watch for this next time you are grabbing skill nodes...you won't fail much, but when you do, you'll fail multiple times.

The crafting system is barely useable as is...I dont think the tier system is really necessary either.

Wasn't there a vicious rumor floating around that this is not really determined by an RNG to get %, but rather a timer? Meaning 75% of the TIME it works, but if you are in the window of 25% it will fail every single attempt?
    This is from the early days, did someone refute this?
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bsranger wrote: »
    Wasn't there a vicious rumor floating around that this is not really determined by an RNG to get %, but rather a timer? Meaning 75% of the TIME it works, but if you are in the window of 25% it will fail every single attempt?
    This is from the early days, did someone refute this?

i dont think this is the case.