test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crafting Fails at an All Time High

2»

Comments

• pa1nk1ller1989pa1nk1ller1989 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You need to look no further than skill kits to see there is an issue. I can't count how many times I have gone without a failure, only to see that 1 failure pop up and immediately think "wonder how many this will take" and it almost always takes 3-4 tries. Watch for this next time you are grabbing skill nodes...you won't fail much, but when you do, you'll fail multiple times.

The crafting system is barely useable as is...I dont think the tier system is really necessary either.

skill nodes are a testament to how bad this rng works(?)
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    skill nodes are a testament to how bad this rng works(?)

I'm thinking you read something wrong some where. In a nutshell, the RNG is very streaky...and it becomes obvious when you do skill nodes a lot. You will go 20 or 30 without failing, then suddenly fail 4 times on the same box.

It wouldnt' surprise me if some boxes were actually more difficult than others, and they just never updated the tips. Could be the same with crafting. However, again....why make crafting harder when its already largely useless except for a couple things.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's been suggested that cryptic put in a failsafe for consecutive successes within a given period where once a certain number of successes is achieved in the game it will no longer give a success no matter the chance until the period resets. If true it likely went in around the same time as the boxers had worked out a system to game the game, and get multiple copies of rare item from the boxes by opening them in rapid succession, often working with others doing the same thing to increase their chances. They never fixed the RNG habit of going on streaks but put in some protection to prevent the boxers from ruining prices on these items. It's possible they simply applied this failsafe to everything, but of course there is no such protection from repeated failures due to RNG shortcomings as they do not hurt the PWE bottom line, only the players.

It's sad seeing what was a fun game going down the tubes due to so many of these short sighted decisions.
    edited May 2015
    *Update* went back and tried a few more jewelry items just for ****s and giggles (and cuz I can't afford AH prices for em). This time I tossed my summoned orange hammer, unslotted and reslotted the forgehammer of gond and summoned a new orange hammer, hoping perhaps it was just the summoned one that was bugged. Nope. 15 fails in a row now with a 70% chance of success. This is madness! I submitted a support ticket last week and ofc no response. There is maybe a .0001% chance that this could actually happen and surpasses my successive skillkit fails record by several. I just don't get why this is happening and what I might do to break out of it.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    0.3^15 = 1.4 *10^-8, or 0.000000014, or 0.0000014%.

Or one in seventy millions.

Congraaaaatulations, you found the ****happenz motherlode!!!
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    *Update* went back and tried a few more jewelry items just for ****s and giggles (and cuz I can't afford AH prices for em). This time I tossed my summoned orange hammer, unslotted and reslotted the forgehammer of gond and summoned a new orange hammer, hoping perhaps it was just the summoned one that was bugged. Nope. 15 fails in a row now with a 70% chance of success. This is madness! I submitted a support ticket last week and ofc no response. There is maybe a .0001% chance that this could actually happen and surpasses my successive skillkit fails record by several. I just don't get why this is happening and what I might do to break out of it.

And for what? To avoid people flooding the market with the gear? The gear you can make is already at a bare minimum of profitability. This tier system of results only means that profit is even less.

I prefer the BI Shaping way. These are the mats, and if you get higher tiers, you get back some of them. So instead of having to roll that Natural 20 to get the item you want, you get the item you want 100% of the time, but might get it cheaper if you are lucky.

The Tiered results system needs to go away, OR there needs to be a way to get to 100%.
    edited May 2015
    Well on the bright side there are a bajillion failed no gem rings on AH for super cheap...