What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Message Regarding Neverwinter: Elemental Evil

Comments

• Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If hrs are worst in spot then this game is full of horrible players. Maybe there are just too many bad hrs playing.
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    alisi1 wrote: »
    If hrs are worst in spot then this game is full of horrible players. Maybe there are just too many bad hrs playing.
    My HR didn't suck at all until mod 6. In fact, I was pretty d*mned good at soloing that toon though some fairly rough content (see: WoD lairs). Take away all my defenses and suddenly it's an L2P issue.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    oops double post
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I would say the same, my HR was the hardest work out of my three characters (others being a TR and DC) soloing, but she was far from impossible until mod 6 (ref to post mod 6 Shar/DR/IWD/WOD etc ). I did get her up to level 66 before the grind wore me out (two to 66 one to70). Did always seem odd that my DC had longer ranged attacks (may have been her build). Note: she did have draconic/vorpal/soul forged etc, I wasn't cheap on gear.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    blannde wrote: »
    I would say the same, my HR was the hardest work out of my three characters (others being a TR and DC) soloing, but she was far from impossible until mod 6 (ref to post mod 6 Shar/DR/IWD/WOD etc ). I did get her up to level 66 before the grind wore me out (two to 66 one to70). Did always seem odd that my DC had longer ranged attacks (may have been her build). Note: she did have draconic/vorpal/soul forged etc, I wasn't cheap on gear.

Yep. I ran corrupted black ice with greater black dragon and greater lethal corrupted black ice enchantments, Perfect vorpal, soulforged, epic lathander's belt and cloak, various epic artifacts, personalized archmage 2 slot rings, a legendary golden dragon's tooth, Ioun stone of allure, I have all the non-pvp boons, rank 7-9 enchants. All in all about a 19.6k gear score.

...so my shock at suddenly being the weak link was profound to say the least. If all that gear stuff sounds like bragging, I apologize, I only mentioned it to illustrate a point. :/

I feel bad for anyone just getting into this game and choosing an HR as their main.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Get where your coming from re mentioning the gear, mod 6 effectivly made a lot of stats worthless on items we had either worked hard to get or paid for, in my case a bit of both, only my TR had managed to get some black ice armour etc prior to the change. Changing the under lying system and calculations without suitably changing the existing gears stat was a mistake, or alternatively some method where we were not left feeling all the work/money we had spent so far was for nothing. And before someone mentions salvage or using it to refine other armour, lets be honest the value you were given was pathetic...
  • Options
    peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had no where near the set up you had. But, my HR was a killing machine in her own right, when managed meticulously. SW, Fighter, Soulforged (which is now useless), Plaguefire (which is now pointless), full Warden gear for armor (thank God for my guild&AH helping me complete it), mix of 6&7 rank Dark and Radiant.
    I'm not a cut-it-in-half HR player, a switch constantly. But, without the lifesteal I put points in (which I did again, not knowing the respec was b/c they made it useless), I'm now worthless.
    I'm no longer a hero, I'm a weak link. A liability, who can throw up a single dodge, so everyone can have enough hope at survival to really feel the pain and anger of getting let down by 2-hit-FPK, instead of a 1-hit-FPK, when facing minions. I don't blame anyone for kicking me now. Its not a matter of people not knowing I used to be 2nd in DPS: I wouldn't want a glass squirt-gun in a party either. It's just a lot of hope at having fun getting ripped away, accentuating the fact that the game has turned on the players above 60. Actually, its turned on all players at any level, because it can down-grade you to death, as an at-will. Which is why I'm not taking my Pally beyond 60. It just isn't worth the 192 grind missions and the pain of getting killed over and over and over afterwards...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Devs please note, the references to lack of fun in the most of the posts, no one plays hoping to rage quit or be tortured with either frustration or tedium. Yes players want a challenge, but it has to be fun doing it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    for now the paladin is still pretty overpowered. it might be easier to level it now rather than post-nerf. keep in mind the only missions you really have to do (and you don't HAVE to) are the ones in spinward. I do find the paladin a little boring. mine's sitting at 66 right now and I can't be arsed to go further at the moment. Boring toon/boring grind = finding other things to do.

I just don't understand why they couldn't make all the campaigns scale to your level, then made all the elemental stuff only accessible at 70 with their jacked up difficulty (and perhaps a touch less jacked up than it is now). How are people supposed to get their campaign boons now if they don't have time to team? Yeesh. what a mess.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok i was done with the leveling of my TR, so decided to take the big hurdle and do it with my GWF, while we all wait for some major fixes.

I was nearly shocked to see, that my GWF can't heal himself at all! Yes, not even by campfire, zero effect. I tried to log in and out, restart client, nothing helps, he is still at half health.

BTW power and feat points still not assignable, can't really advance in that way too.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    senseiwasdsenseiwasd Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    discorice wrote:
    for now the paladin is still pretty overpowered. it
    Ya'll keep saying this, and I know ya'll ain't never played a Paladin at level 70.

Absolutely useless. Can't heal well enough to be useful, as there's no contingency heal (granted only Divine Gift DC's have that). The resurrection aura doesn't work (even if it did, it'd be the same effect as a soul forge enchantment, for one guy, every four minutes), and if they get knocked over they lose all their charge, losing all their emergency heals for the remainder of the encounter. As tanks, they are far too squishy, can't defend the party nearly so well as a GF, the control-immunity aura is bugged and fails 1/3 times, often fails to absorb damage even when it does work, and they have squat for DPS.

Yeah, that knife from the sky daily may one-hit <60 mini-bosses, with that 75% crit severity... But really, after 60, and especially at 70, this class goes straight to the trash.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    senseiwasd wrote: »
    Ya'll keep saying this, and I know ya'll ain't never played a Paladin at level 70.

Absolutely useless. Can't heal well enough to be useful, as there's no contingency heal (granted only Divine Gift DC's have that). The resurrection aura doesn't work (even if it did, it'd be the same effect as a soul forge enchantment, for one guy, every four minutes), and if they get knocked over they lose all their charge, losing all their emergency heals for the remainder of the encounter. As tanks, they are far too squishy, can't defend the party nearly so well as a GF, the control-immunity aura is bugged and fails 1/3 times, often fails to absorb damage even when it does work, and they have squat for DPS.

Yeah, that knife from the sky daily may one-hit <60 mini-bosses, with that 75% crit severity... But really, after 60, and especially at 70, this class goes straight to the trash.

I did actually say I hadn't gotten to 70. I will also say the grind up to 66 was really easy compared to my GF. THAT was a slog running almost pure protector, and solo for the most part. I'm not at 70 now with my tankadin, but I can solo dread ring missions and lairs, and take down all the mobs big or small in Spinward Rise with lvl 61-66 blue gear. I am using ensorcelled mulhorand main and offhand, and perfect plaguefire. That certainly helps. Can it really be just that, though? I'll try some stuff later with more normal gear and see if i feel the same way I guess. At this point his damage is potent for a tank, and that's just at-wills and encounters.

But don't get me wrong: I know things take a nose dive at 70. I have a guild mate in my very tiny guild that has a lvl 70 tankadin, and he's spoken of getting OSK'd in dungeons, and I saw the massive dip in defenses my HR had going from 60-70. I don't think anything is working like it's supposed to. The only reason I'm saying a big nerf is coming is because it always does with new classes. Frankly I don't think anything on the player side needs nerfed, I just see it as an inevitability.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Negation Enchantment:

Beside
    10% Incoming Healing
    10% Recovery
    30% Damage Resistance

All this as a Nonstop buff, It's simply too much!
    and the main Problem is this:

["each hit increase stacks" ]

this is it,
    what this Enhancement extremely overpowered makes.

A way to Balance it could be:
    [Only 1x stack per Second / 1-2 Sec Between]

I think this could help really, to Balance it and
    make it fair opposite to the other enchantments,
    without decreasing the Stats.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    On paper that sounds strong, but given what we're up against i don't think anybody should be nerfing any more defensive buffs or enchantments.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is How Barkshield Enchantment
    Should be to fit the 70. content:

Transcendent Barkshield Enchantment

Armor Enhancement Slot: Every 6 seconds your armor receives a charge of Bolstered Bark up to a maximum of 4 charges.

When you have one charge of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 4,120 damage.
    When you have two charges of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 6,250 damage.
    When you have three charges of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 8,370 damage.
    When you have four charges of Bolstered Bark your armor absorbs 10,500 damage.

Whenever someone attempts to deal damage to you one charge of Bolstered Bark is consumed except from Alt-will damage.
    Alt-wills can't consume a boltered bark-

Your armor is bolstered and will absorb a fragment of incoming damage.

Enchantment
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It'd probably be better to say the bark will not be consumed unless you lose at least 10% of your MaxHP in a single hit -as there's this at-will called "Aimed Shot". (Maybe also lose a max of one layer/10 seconds or something).

But Barkshield's issues are a nitpick, at best. There's far more severe global balancing issues involved here, and Barkshield is just one of the many innocent victims.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    discorice wrote: »
    On paper that sounds strong, but given what we're up against i don't think anybody should be nerfing any more defensive buffs or enchantments.

Yeah pretty conflicting situation that with negation, in PVE it would need to stay or even get a huge dose of steroid under current broken combat system, in PVP it is a pain in your neck, all whales running with it and you must overcome yourself by tons to be able to kill them.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    gwalaplothgwalaploth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One big problem they have is I am starting to think that it is impossible to balance this for both PvE and PvP, but then again, that has been the case for a while.
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not going to read through all 41 pages of feedback. I will however offer some-- if someone has already said it it probably could go with saying again.
    I play a PVE healing Devoted Cleric.
    I am completely unable to complete any solo content by myself-- regardless of having nearly 50% armor pen and all the t1 gear. I took the feats that would be most beneficial to a party which is necessary in your dungeon content. My character is now completely dependent on others.

Some things regarding my class equipment-- I am not a DPS class. Lifesteal has always been completely useless on a cleric or non DPS and now it is even more useless. WHY did you put this useless stat on our level 70 artifact weapon main hand? Lifesteal is only primarily useful if you have enough of it and for classes that do not heal themselves already. Any stat would have been better than Lifesteal-- literally any one of them. The only source of lifesteal I am every going to have on my cleric is from this weapon. I'd really wish you to take a hard look at stat balancing this game and actual class mechanics and roles.

Set bonuses- Were the set bonuses so awesome we had to remove all of them and go to some kind of totalitarian set bonus free nerf zone? What are we questing for in this game if it's not better gear and to better our characters? I don't feel rewarded for having spent 80+ runs in tiamat in module 5 and then have my gear that I worked really hard to get become unobtainable and useless. It's very disheartening. You've made my class and role more necessary for PVE content but made the game unacceptable to me as a player. I'm still going to play your game because I hope you can fix this game that I have invested 3 years of my life into playing and various zen purchases to support. I am not against the game becoming less pay to win and more skill driven- but it seems like you're just trying to siphon money out of my pocket with having to level all these professions if I want better gear rather than allowing player skill and chance to be something we as players can use to motivate our questing and give us purpose.

tldr; Make set bonuses at thing again or at least explain why they aren't even an option- Address why I have lifesteal on my gear as a cleric- address the overall level of difficulty in areas where solo content is necessary. At the very least address quest sharing on dailies/vigilance tasks for those of us who can't go alone anymore.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    equilamequilam Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi there,

here are some Bugs and Feedback that I would like to get some attention on, some of these points have been reported repeatedly in the past.

1. Bug: All augment companion (various Ioun stones, cat, chicken) stat transfers except HP to the character are broken. The companion augmentation buff is there like the "Cat's Prowess" but there is no transfer of power and crit to the character as it is described in the cat's tool tip. Some of the new companion gear has +XY% to a derived stat like healing bonus or reduced thread. These aren't transferred as well. If some of these things are intentional I think it would be fair to inform the players about that.
    2. Bug: Companions with Eldritchs in defense slots don't transfer the extra stat points to the character, also the indicating transfer icon under the character portrait is missing. But the legendary transfer uses now the icon of the Eldritchs runestone in a passive slot. Or at least a very similar looking one.
    3. Bug: The DC heroic feat "Repurpose Soul" is broken. It only heals for a fraction of the amount given in the tool tip (5%, 10%, 15%). Tested with ACT with a sample size of 1000 procs of "Repurpose Soul". This is a big thing because this feat is the main healing source for healing DC players.
    4. Bug: Enchantments with more than 2 stats i.e. Draconic used on companions, aren't transferred to the character at all.
    5. Bug: Divine Glow doesn't proc all weapon enchantments. It's not working with i.e. Terror-, Plaguefire- and Frost-Enchantments, maybe there are more unprocing Enchantments that I haven't tested.
    6. Bug: The duration of the DC Power Astral Shield seams shorter than pre Mod 6 and shorter than in it's tooltip description, also the shields effects sometimes vanish directly after the cast in some cases during a dungeon run.
    7. Bug: The Mod 6 mainhands start for some classes on level 60 i.e. CW, TR and for other classes at level 70 i.e. DC, GF. Is this intentional? Many consider this unfair.
    8. Bug: The Mod 6 mainhands that start at level 60 can be refined with level 60 items, while the mainhands for level 70 accept only level 70 items and some purple 60 items. But not all level 60 purple items. An affected players can't see before if this item is refine able for him or not. This leads to some player anger.
    9. Bug: The companion stat bonus is broken since the beta of Neverwinter. Please fix or remove it from the game.
    10. Bug: The traits Stand Your Ground and Cast Iron Stomach are broken esp. in PvE since the beta of Neverwinter, please fix or replace them.
    11. Bug: If more than one DC within 50' of each other use the class feature "Light of Divinity" all players within stay in combat permanently. This was reported here.
    12. Bug: Some daily dungeons from the Tyranny of Dragons campaign are level 70, while the rest around is at a much lower level. If this is intentional players shouldn't receive the quest for this dungeons if they are under level 70.
    13. Bug: Most DC AoEs don't work if the ground isn't flat, i.e. downward sloping or upward sloping.
    14. Bug: All headgear for my dwarfs has clipping errors, more details.Clippingfehler.png
      (Click to enlarge)
    15. Bug: The new Howling Hatred transmutation is bugged, more details.
    16. Bug: Some Character mechanics can cause great lag to all participating players, please fix these issues instead of using them to build addition mechanics in the game. I.e. to my knowledge the Astral Seal with 1 or 2 Boons can cause these lags, the new Paladin Class has a similar lag maker.
    17. Bug: Please fix the auction abuses, as some players just fill there inGame Mail to the max and bid in the auction house. These auctions can't be bought or rebided by other players since the first bidder can't get his AD back per inGame Mail. Please stop this.
    18. Bug: The patch from 19.12.2013 introduced ugly clipping error on the high forest bear mount, this was reported here including pictures (that thread is in German).
      baerenhintern.gif
    19. Bug: Tensers Floating Disk has a clipping error, the area for the soulforged between the legs clips through the disk. This area for the soulforged visuals is much larger then the clothes inside it for my dwarf. If I fly a looping (by pressing space bar) the overlong soulforged visuals land flat on the disk. This screenshot shows the clipping error when no looping was flown.
      disk_clipping_error.jpg?noCache=1430733137
      (Click to enlarge)
    20. Bug: Please look into the web server issues, as we get quiet some "Service Unavailable - Zero size object errors" if we try to view pages under perfectworld.com.
    21. Bug: The DC power "Divine Glow" still doesn't proc weapon enchantments, doesn't proc feats and boons. And disables the ability to crit for all characters under this buff for as long as it is active.

1. Feedback: The Eldritchs Runestones at rank 11 and 12 give not that much to the players, compared to other stones and the amount of Refining Points and Astral Diamonds used to get to this ranks. Please rethink rank 11 and 12 stats, my proposal for the defense slot at rank 11 = 12% increased stats, at rank 12 = 15% increased stats for the player.
    2. Feedback: The "bonus" of the cat is still one of the worst in the game, please rethink about it.
    3. Feedback: DCs have the worst heroic feats in the game. Most of them are sugar coated traps and a minority is worth using. That leads to an identical heroic feat choice among the DCs. That's a pity. There should be diversity.
    4. Feedback: The new Mod 6 DC feats, powers, class features are of little use in endgame party content. Please make them worthwhile or add an option to skip the new mod 6 feats to save feat points for better feats. A skip of the feats would be easier if they were moved towards the end of a tree right before the capstone feats. For example the class feature "Light of Divinity" ticks fully feated on level 4 with a median of 1200, this is divided among all damaged party members excluding the DC. So in a full party this is 1200 : 4 = 300 per party member. That is so less it's barely noticeable. Also this heal isn't displayed at all. A decent visual for that would be good. Please raise the amount healed and consider to include the DC in his own heals.
    5. Feedback: Please consider to include the DC in his own heals. Often he can heal others excluding himself or with a sharply reduced effect on himself. I don't think players like to heal and support a group while they are struggling to get something from there own support. Think of it like a healer pre Mod 6 that needed to use potions to stay alive to healing others.
    6. Feedback: Please consider to rework Righteousness of the DC class, because it still feels like a class burden not an impowerment.
    7. Feedback: Our guild has a very good Guard Fighter. At the end of a dungeon run he is able to heal himself alone about 1.000.000 Hp more than my dedicated healing DC can heal the whole party. I think this is a clear indicator that the amount healed of dedicated healing DCs should be raised. I'm not new, I play my DC for almost 2 years now. I know that there is not much space to the roof to get my DCs healing any higher.
    8. Feedback: There should be a warning if you sell equipment that has runestones or enchantments in them. I know that it can happen by accident that people sell there higher stones unintentionally. If you don't notice that very fast you can't buy it back. I.e. the last sold tab is emptied if you change an instance. Maybe it would be good to always save and show the last x sold items of a character disregarding what the player does, i.e. change instance, Log Out, ... .
    9. Feedback: I'm not quiet sure is the healing of "Agent of the Divine" is allocated against the triggering damage. Is the damage applied first and the healing second, if the character is still alive? If that is the case please rethink that, as a healer I don't want to heal dead players.
    10. Feedback: Please give the players an option to disable the visuals of armor- and weapon enchantments, like we can with neck and head items. Through I must say these enchantments should be always displayed in some parts of the game i.e. PvP, skirmishes and dungeons.
    11. Feedback: Please add more colors to the Zen Shop, especially white and gold would be cool.
    12. Feedback: Please introduce a new pack in the Zen Shop, containing a neck transmutation to a classic D&D adventurers backpack like this one, a usable campfire (usable like a potion and puts a small campfire in front of the character to gather around, infinite uses) like this, and some emotes like singing, sleeping, drinking, playing a medieval instrument i.e. a lute or drums or a flute, ... . This would add some more flavor to the game. I'm pretty sure not only the RP Players would love this pack.
    13. Feedback: Especially in the last times the change notes were more than incomplete. Some small fixes were listed but the bigger ones weren't. If you guys fixed a bigger thing tell it to your players they will feel much better treated. For example all new Mod 6 DC powers were lacking there divine version and empowered versions (Geas, Warding Flare) on introduction. Now they are in the game and I was very happy as I stumbled across this, but why wasn't this mentioned in the patch notes? As a player you can't or you don't want to play the detective after every patch to see what was fixed but not mentioned.
    14. Feedback: Warding Flare in Divine Mode displays a shield around the DC but not on the player that receives the shield, please display a visual shield for the seconds the player has the divine Warding Flare on him.
    15. Feedback: Under Options -> Interface -> HUD -> "show enemy healing floaters" seams to be wrong. It shows the allied healing floaters.
    16. Feedback: Please make an option for characters to have a sound played if a power effect ends. I mean if the effect of a powers ends in game not when this power comes off cool down. Like the sound if a daily is ready to use, but with another sound of course. This would help a lot, esp. support characters.
    17. Feedback: Please add more usable Slots for potions and other usable items. Three slots is simply not that comfortable to the player as you keep exchanging the things inside this three slots constantly.
    18. Feedback: Please have a deep look in your random number generation. From the time I played and the data me and my guild collected the computed numbers are not truely random and displayed chances are higher than the are calculated in the game i.e. the XY% of success if you rank up enchantments. These unrandom random number generations touches all areas in game from success chances on upgrades to need or great rolls up to drop chances... .
    19. Feedback: I'm working as a developer myself. I know if fixed bugs return or change notes are incomplete this can indicate that the devs don't use any type of version control software system, i.e. SVN or GitHub. If that is the case please please consider to use these tools. They are not new, they are around for several years now. They won't cost a penny and they will save time and improve results.
    20. Feedback: Please consider to use software system to add more transparency to the players that there feedback and bug reports are being valued and used to trigger future enhancements, this could be some thing like this.
    21. Feedback: If this thread is for the new lead dev, please post here to demonstrate that you are reading, value and using these information in this forum esp. in this thread.

This is what came to my mind. Hope this list reaches the right guys and survives the migration to the vanilla forums.
    Thanks for reading :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Screw all this. We need updates. Now.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The Crit Chance on my GWF has suddenly dropped over 5% out of nowhere.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I posted before, but I feel like I should point out: don't tell them to fix bugs that straight-up don't exist. I'm not going to point any fingers here because I don't want to start a flame war, but that's happened several times since I posted, and that's just going to waste their time trying to figure out what you're talking about.

To the devs: something said from your end would honestly be excellent. Like, something to help reassure us you ARE in fact reading this thread. I get that you can't fix all of the bugs at once due to time constraints, but I feel like it wouldn't take that long to type up a two-sentence post letting us know you are in fact working on it.

EDIT: It's come to my attention that if you look at the Preview shard forum's patch notes, Panderus -does- give feedback there. So you can head over there to see what he has to say, but I'd say to not harass the guy because god knows he's probably busy enough as it is.
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not going to read through all 41 pages of feedback. I will however offer some-- if someone has already said it it probably could go with saying again.
    I play a PVE healing Devoted Cleric.
    I am completely unable to complete any solo content by myself-- regardless of having nearly 50% armor pen and all the t1 gear. I took the feats that would be most beneficial to a party which is necessary in your dungeon content. My character is now completely dependent on others.

Some things regarding my class equipment-- I am not a DPS class. Lifesteal has always been completely useless on a cleric or non DPS and now it is even more useless. WHY did you put this useless stat on our level 70 artifact weapon main hand? Lifesteal is only primarily useful if you have enough of it and for classes that do not heal themselves already. Any stat would have been better than Lifesteal-- literally any one of them. The only source of lifesteal I am every going to have on my cleric is from this weapon. I'd really wish you to take a hard look at stat balancing this game and actual class mechanics and roles.

Set bonuses- Were the set bonuses so awesome we had to remove all of them and go to some kind of totalitarian set bonus free nerf zone? What are we questing for in this game if it's not better gear and to better our characters? I don't feel rewarded for having spent 80+ runs in tiamat in module 5 and then have my gear that I worked really hard to get become unobtainable and useless. It's very disheartening. You've made my class and role more necessary for PVE content but made the game unacceptable to me as a player. I'm still going to play your game because I hope you can fix this game that I have invested 3 years of my life into playing and various zen purchases to support. I am not against the game becoming less pay to win and more skill driven- but it seems like you're just trying to siphon money out of my pocket with having to level all these professions if I want better gear rather than allowing player skill and chance to be something we as players can use to motivate our questing and give us purpose.

tldr; Make set bonuses at thing again or at least explain why they aren't even an option- Address why I have lifesteal on my gear as a cleric- address the overall level of difficulty in areas where solo content is necessary. At the very least address quest sharing on dailies/vigilance tasks for those of us who can't go alone anymore.

I used to play PVE healing cleric. I have my account from beta.
    And through all the " lets buy sharandar / dread and icewind. To make it easier for the players i have been there to see it.

What you say is 100 % correct.

I will add some more , from my point of the view, in case someone actually reads it.

Before mod 6, my guild with 60 + players was getting somewhere, in this game.
    With draconic templar gear, full artifact sets ( no legendary ), companions, ench. and armor and weapons ench. that we actually got by doing dungeons and tiamat over and over and over again, we managed.

Grinding through all of the campg. we played this game and enjoyed it even when we died or could not complete everything. WIth this new patch, people got so disappointed that they left.

As a guild leader i have lost almost 50% of my guild for only one reason:
    The new patch made all of us completely useless.
    Everything, from dragon weapon artifacts to our feats and boons.

In order to actually get through the grinding, in 4 new zones i had no other choice but to go dmg. as a cleric. Not the brightest idea if you ask me.
    So after level 70, when i finished all of the 16 vigilant tasks in all 4/4 zones.

Got both of the new elemental artifacts, got all the freaking blue gear that was available through the zones ( except the fairy pit ).
    Got to 14k power / 4k crit / 4k recovery / 4k defence. Now what?
    The next logical choice would be trying to get better gear.
    New blue gear you can get doing ELOL and 1600 dungeons, or buying it with elemental seals.
    The protector seals are something very hard to obtain. So no purple gear Elemental gear until you have black ice shaping lv 5, and massive amount of Unified elements and assets.
    More people left when they figured it out how the new Elemental purple gear is to be obtain.

Unified elements, also something seriously wicked to the point of hitting your head into the wall.

Doing tiamat is , lets be honest about it : useless waste of time. We know it, you know it.
    Doing icewind dale by yourself ? Or any other campg. zone that needs to be done to get your boons?

No leveling through spinward without a paladin or tank. No solo grinding.
    If you wanted to make it hard enough for the players, you did.

How do you expect people to level and better ourselfs when we can not even finish dungeons.

Do you know people tend to leave in the middle of the dungeons cos there is no point in doing the last boss? If you are not "up there" with all the "i have half of my stuff legendary and it just got out 2 weeks ago " people. You can not do it. It is simple enough. We all spend a lot of money. And until now i did not have any need to complain except one ticket. But this is just pure madness.

I am sad to see this beautiful game getting so low.
    And i really hope you ll think about what you want to achieve.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    phargynphargyn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To me, the development of this game,... not in terms of the software,.. but the storyline & content,... seems to have lost it's way.

Mod 6, seems to have been a case of 'we said there would be a big change, so we made a big change'. It seems to have lacked a direction or a goal. At least, it feels like one hasn't been, or can't be communicated to the playing community.

Frankly,... I don't care if you re-use maps or playing areas. If you reuse items, monsters, etc. However, it's got to make sense within the bounds you already created,.. or at least tell us - you are changing the boundaries.

Telling the community about 'game mechanics' and how things work, has never been a strong suit of PWE. This is no different. No, it's not going to make gamers go find and buy a copy of the WoTC books just to get the basic information that should be provided to players to make the game make sense. With the last round of changes,.. there now are no other resources to understand the basic operations of the game,.. and the game team is no more forthcoming with information about game mechanics than they previously were.

It feels like development was done 'in the dark' by the company on it's own. All of the people I know who took part in the development server basically said their comments and viewpoints were ignored. So, why bother?

There are a number of the changes from Mod 6, I like. There are a number that I don't. That is neither here nor there. I believe there many have been a number of changes that could have made the playing community happier AND taken less money and expense to implement. (this would be in the players best interest, the companies best interest,.. but maybe not in the interest of the developers doing the work?)

For example: improve the random number generator. Yeah,... pretty sure that doesn't get much visibility. I've been tracking it for a year now. Do you realize that when your upgrade says '40% chance' it actually performs at about a 28% chance?....With long strings of the same results instead of something approaching random?

Little tweaks,.. like at level 70, with the decrement in the ability score curves, open a 3rd passive power slot? probably doesn't cost that much. Does make each character more specialized, and in line with their class abilities & paragon paths.

Instead of 'Big' developments for level 70 content,... smaller content that opens IN existing areas (instead of re-baselining existing areas - that HAD to be expensive)....

I know I'm rambling,.. (kinda like mod6), but it just feels like a 'players community council', that could work with the lead developers would make a LOT of sense? if there are changes that need to be made, but aren't going to be eagerly accepted, then the players could at least help to find the right ways to communicate that to the playing community. (It happens in every MMO that survives for more than 6 months.) For content changes, the council could help the development team with the concepts, goals, direction and priorities?

I like this game. Log into it every day,... even put some money into it once in a while. I'd much rather spend the time I choose to play, running around a virtual environment slaying dragons, fighting evil, and rescuing those in need,.. than scratching my head wondering how my defense evaporated when I levelled up,.. and why that last kobold was able to kill my entire party?

Anyway,.. just a few free thoughts, worth exactly what you paid for them. I hope they help this game to begin to find a direction... because I really enjoy playing it.
  • Options
    dingrongdingrong Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like the new concept of this mode , but bugs and lags making it bad .

1ST , i made AD respec and now i cant commit any feat or boon, cant play at all , i am wiped by mobs

2ND. Lag in Esot , and all new zones r beyond reasonable , and persist for whole month

3RD when 40 ppl gather for dragon run i get 1 frame per second and have little joy in playing. u should limit no of ppl on 1 instance to 20 or 25 and not single one over that

4TH Content for level 70 character should be in your focus. My advice is to put ALL dungeons and skirmishes for level 70 (U HAVE NICE STORY LINE FOR LEVELING , THERE IS NO NEED FOR LOW LEVEL DUNGEONS) .. low level dungeons r WASTE of space coz either ppl don''t play them , or play them for few days/weeks never to return to them...

5TH i like power/feats sistem-it gives a dose of individuality . But i dont like boons , i think u made it over complicated .. avalanche , rampaging madness etc , IT JUST GIVES COMPUTER A LOT OF DATA TO PROCCES AND HAVE NO IMPACT ON JOY OF PLAY , those things just happen , i do not even notice them BOONS should be more simple(+400 power , +10% healing etc) and OFC they should WORK!!

6TH some powers/boons/feats are not described accurately .. E.G tyranical threat , changes your warlock's curse for SHORT TIME!!! WHY u dont write 15seconds?!
  • Options
    sianekasianeka Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just a note from an apparent minority here: the casual player. Some of us don't have the time available to spend unlimited hours grinding away nor resources to reach/be able to play ultimate endgame <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> content. Some of us play for free only when we get home from work when we want to unwind and relax and have some fun. Not everyone is an uber gamer able to stay on a game 24/7. Maybe shell out some money now and then, but it is hard earned lucre and not easily budgeted to a game that gets increasingly unplayable.

Those of us who have worked hard part time to finally get our toons to a campaign area (My sis and I finally have two characters in IWD only to have this new module come along - rumor is, making my beloved Sharandar and Dread Ring is now unplayable to me, and I shudder to think what my guys who only recently got into IWD are going to face if the two other campaign areas have been so badly tweaked/amped up.)

It's truly taking a while to see the advantages to the new invocation system which requires me to spend at least 4-6 hours to get rewards. I finally see there is some good to come out of it, although at first I absolutely hated it. Now I'm trying to adjust and to be able to utilize the different types of rewards now earnable.

As others have mentioned, backwards progress on the professions. I feel the game is totally laughing at me for maxing and purple-ing out my professions for each of my character types. Major grinding/time/effort to earn less than ever before.Especially leadership.

Is the game planning to go in a direction to exclude us part-time weekend warriors? To cater to only the uber el33t OP <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> players? Any love for us gals who just wanna have some fun? Unless one is ready to commit body and soul and wallet, we aren't wanted? We'll only get to try out new areas and the good stuff after we've committed 10 years worth of part time play?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    EDIT: It's come to my attention that if you look at the Preview shard forum's patch notes, Panderus -does- give feedback there. So you can head over there to see what he has to say, but I'd say to not harass the guy because god knows he's probably busy enough as it is.
    Yes, and much to my disappointment I don't see any of the issues discussed in this thread being addressed. Indeed, they are plugging up exploits and nerfing players even further. They are at least addressing some bugs, but not the balancing issues that have destroyed the 60+ playability of this game.

They are, apparently, even deleting posts that make mention of the old dungeons. We lost twice as much content as we gained with Mod6 (even worse than that, if you take into account nearly all of the Mod6 content is recycled). If that isn't a valid complaint, I don't know what is. How many MMO patches have you heard of that removed more content than they added?

At least levels 1-60, aside from being robbed of content, aren't too badly affected. I suppose we can just keep making new characters, if we want to play this game proper. Which is what I've already taken to doing - I've 24 level 60+ characters, I don't want to experience 61-70 as it is ever again. So until these issues are addressed, I suppose all those characters are profession slaves.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    senseiwasd wrote: »
    Yes, and much to my disappointment I don't see any of the issues discussed in this thread being addressed. Indeed, they are plugging up exploits and nerfing players even further. They are at least addressing some bugs, but not the balancing issues that have destroyed the 60+ playability of this game.

They are, apparently, even deleting posts that make mention of the old dungeons. We lost twice as much content as we gained with Mod6 (even worse than that, if you take into account nearly all of the Mod6 content is recycled). If that isn't a valid complaint, I don't know what is. How many MMO patches have you heard of that removed more content than they added?

At least levels 1-60, aside from being robbed of content, aren't too badly affected. I suppose we can just keep making new characters, if we want to play this game proper. Which is what I've already taken to doing - I've 24 level 60+ characters, I don't want to experience 61-70 as it is ever again. So until these issues are addressed, I suppose all those characters are profession slaves.

I can't describe how saddened I am by what has been removed from CC. That was far-and-away the best dungeon for exploration: it had side areas galore, lots of lore, some funny NPC dialogue, a miniboss, even a little bonus discovery for people with Nature skill. It was awesome, and all of that has been removed. Now it's just a soulless one-dimensional run to the end chest with none of the character it had before. It's just an empty shell of its former self. It really makes me sad to see that apparently no one at Cryptic properly appreciated it for what it was.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured