test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150416c.6

Comments

• canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    TEE HEE! I can't wait for the next one either, I still have my Golden Dragon weapons waiting to be refined.

It would be nice if the Dragon Hoard enchants were fixed so we can attempt to have some RP to use :)
  • xiuhdragonxiuhdragon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Finally, can get Linu`s again :)
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree with you on the high level at least of what you are saying and have a meeting later on today to discuss some of these sorts of issues I've been writing on a Post It note until the notes overflowed last week or so.

It makes me really glad to hear this. I've been checking out the various dungeons and skirmishes and I have to say, they're not just insanely difficult for the non-BiS players, but even for BiS or near-BiS. People keep asking me why I've stacked over 13k defense on my archer HR, and I keep telling them it's so I get two-shotted most of the time instead of just one-shotted (to put things in context, HP is right at about 100k). Even with 42.9% DR, it's like I'm made of paper. I can't tell you how glad I am to hear that the guys and gals over there are at least talking about difficulty.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Campaign zone difficulty warnings? I really hope you will consider lowering the difficulty instead of just putting up a warning sign. A lot of people are leaving the game because of the imbalance...
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Promised is a strong word, I think I mentioned this previously but these changes may not be coming for some time as we deal with higher priority issues and evaluate overall class balance.

I called out the Rank 4 issues at the beginning of my post that we have many already fixed for next weeks release.
    rversant wrote: »
    I guess there was no mention of the word promise, but it did sound pretty guaranteed. I think a lot of us PvP loving GWF's are looking forward to it so that's why it keeps popping up that's all.

I agree there are more pressing issues to be looked at first, I consider the bugged Weapon enchantments, buggy paladin skills (infinite damage loops, sancutary activation bugging out, smite not working sometimes) and DC cleric AP gain all very important to fix.

- Surely you haven't used the the word " Promise", But you give us a roughly time
    of to 2 weeks..
    ..should go live roughly 2 weeks after launch.

- Of course there is some Bugs that have a higher Priority, But please do not forget us,
    I can understand your decision and also agree with @rvesan.

When there no time for improvements,
    Than please FIX Unstoppable!

Unstoppable:

- Many Skills can ignore it and the immune to control effect doesn't work!.-
    Chains of Blazing, Sun Burst, Repel, dazes many other Pushes and other Skills,
    Can ignore Unstoppable completely!
    and We losing too Fast DR over time!
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • kazuhiro3kazuhiro3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Transcendent Feytouched Enchantment.
    If i get this buff "Feytouch Weapon", the enemy gets it too, he increases the damage and for him.

Combat log.

[Combat (Self)] Storm Shaman deals 4198 (6565) Necrotic Damage to you with Ranged Attack

-NO BUFF

[Combat (Self)] Storm Shaman deals 15377 (18878) Necrotic Damage to you with Ranged Attack

-BUFF Feytouched Weapon
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi panderus,

Hr: thorned roots isnt applaying armor pen. Hr damage is way too low right now for this reason.
    Trascendent feytouch causes 7M hits. Its the most bugged enchant in game.
    Trascendent and pure vorpal reduces your damage.
    Tr: one with the shadow doesnt refill completely stealth when in combat. Works right vs dummies.
    Item: lv 70 leather shirts give half stats than other shirts

Thanks for reading
  • lorandelczlorandelcz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    canmann wrote: »
    It would be nice if the Dragon Hoard enchants were fixed so we can attempt to have some RP to use :)
    Completely agreed. Dragon's hoard enchants still bugged - refine stone stop dropping after abnout 1-2 hours of playing.
  • jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The donation filling so quickly was due to switching the event to fill weekly instead of hourly so this will be MUCH less of an issue, but we will also be fixing it so you have the option to donate after it is 100%.

I'm not following. Are you saying the event is switching back to hourly, so it will be less of an issue? I didn't see that in the notes.

I'm glad to hear we will be able to donate past 100% in the future, but you seem to be implying we'll get some relief after today's patch, and I'm missing how this will happen.
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    empalas wrote: »
    Did you use the free respec yet? They posted that you need to use that and it would fix the issues people were having well that was for feats but I was guessing it might be a similar issue

I used the free respec, then I got another power point from overflow and the problem arose again for it.
  • roccohoe4roccohoe4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wanted to know if anyone else has had problems with the Enchanted coffers from leadership only droppping green profession items. This has happened with both level's of leadership enchanted coffer's. I opened over 80 with all of them having only profession items coming from them or does it just have really bad drop rates. Thanks
  • aristofanusaristofanus Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guys, I've read abt the bug with boons - and encounetered it myself with paladin, I've opend 3d boon in DR campaign - and it can't be activated in boon window. What should I do? Also I'm unhappy Justice Pala, what do u advice - respec or wait for fix of Justice capstone?
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im having folks look into these, thanks.

As for the GWF buffs, they will be happening at this time, but we will continue to evaluate the state of classes in both PvP and PvE as M6 continues.

and then...
    Promised is a strong word, I think I mentioned this previously but these changes may not be coming for some time as we deal with higher priority issues and evaluate overall class balance.

I called out the Rank 4 issues at the beginning of my post that we have many already fixed for next weeks release.

I'll just leave that right here.
  • ndiovndiov Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ... but some are already fixed and will be ready to go out for next weeks update. Things including: Rank 4 powers not behaving properly,...

Does that mean Rank 4 powers fix will be in preview next week or Live?
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    What happened to my question?

Panderus, if there are fixes for some of the things you talked about at the begining of the patch notes... Why hold onto them for another week?

These issues do affect peoples enjoyment of the game... why delay?

I wouldn't call the fixes not getting in ASAP a delay exactly. It's really about how much we can reasonably test in time before we need to do our weekly update.

If I get a checkin to fix an issue late Tuesday, it takes several hours or a day to get into a build and then several more hours or a day to get tested. If there is an issue along the way we have regressed the state of the build to a possibly worse state for our Thursday releases. "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't."

So slowing down and taking our time is crucial to providing a stable build and experience. We are already getting fixes to live faster than I am normally comfortable with but we are prioritizing what we believe to be higher priority issues first. You may have noticed there has been a build every week since M6 launch instead of the usual every other week cadence we have switched to a few Modules back.

In addition, we are always working on upcoming features and modules so it can be difficult to just take a huge chunk of time from those without first examining the schedule and seeing how that would really impact moving forward. For example, we can't just take all of GentlemanCrush's time working on the upcoming things as there are dependencies on his work. Animation and FX can no longer contribute to the powers he would have made without a design and new tasks would need to be found for them, possibly filler tasks that are not critical to the next feature we are working on.

I hope that clarifies things a little better as to why we don't just open the firehoses of fixes. But we are certainly evaluating what we should do to help the long term health of the game, its just not an On/Off switch.
  • mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wouldn't call the fixes not getting in ASAP a delay exactly. It's really about how much we can reasonably test in time before we need to do our weekly update.

If I get a checkin to fix an issue late Tuesday, it takes several hours or a day to get into a build and then several more hours or a day to get tested. If there is an issue along the way we have regressed the state of the build to a possibly worse state for our Thursday releases. "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't."

So slowing down and taking our time is crucial to providing a stable build and experience. We are already getting fixes to live faster than I am normally comfortable with but we are prioritizing what we believe to be higher priority issues first. You may have noticed there has been a build every week since M6 launch instead of the usual every other week cadence we have switched to a few Modules back.

In addition, we are always working on upcoming features and modules so it can be difficult to just take a huge chunk of time from those without first examining the schedule and seeing how that would really impact moving forward. For example, we can't just take all of GentlemanCrush's time working on the upcoming things as there are dependencies on his work. Animation and FX can no longer contribute to the powers he would have made without a design and new tasks would need to be found for them, possibly filler tasks that are not critical to the next feature we are working on.

I hope that clarifies things a little better as to why we don't just open the firehoses of fixes. But we are certainly evaluating what we should do to help the long term health of the game, its just not an On/Off switch.

Thank you for the candid response here. Loyal players LOVE getting new content. To be fair with you, the priority should be a functional live play experience. The respec issue is big for us all. One thing I might point out to aid in avoiding some of this would be your test to commit process. It seems that you are commiting changes from 2 test sources?(please enlighten us if you can) There has been bugged code since mod 1 that comes back in when you are commiting from the other test shard. Every other module/patch has issues/bugs from the older build that is/are reintroduced. I won't ask what database you are using or for the full details of the process for obvious reasons, but this ONE issue has caused headaches numerous times on BOTH sides of the fence. IF this is the case, you MIGHT consider correcting these old coding issues and mirroring it to the other test so you have a new base camp for test building.
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Will the graphics bug ever get addressed? (Certain sprites, such as above-head question and exclamation marks, path marker,flames of harrowstorm, and what's most annoying , certain monster attacks and their warning markers (not all warning markers though) do not display since Mod 6 came about)

Needless to say, it makes a plenty of encounters a pain in the butt since good luck dodging an attack that will kill you when you don't know where it's coming (green hags were such a case).
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    metalldjt wrote: »
    so why dont you guys take your time for each thing and fix them on category?

like spend 1 week on armour and weapon enchant fixes
    1 week on class balance
    1 week on UI stuff .

instead of doing 1 from each thing that is not satisfing the players at all, but at least if you pick a category to fix you will know that you've done that job and dont come back at that again.

especially that if you work and focus on 1 category at a time you will do better job.
    i am not a programmer but tbh i think it would take 3-4 weeks to make this mod enjoyable and playable.

how the mod was released and how it looks?
    its like you have 1 milion rough ad (mod6) and you can only refine 24k per week (patch notes) . ofc its totally not enjoyable, and alot of players are waiting to see a huge list of patchnotes, like we are hoping to get agift from santa claus , but never happens :(

This is what should be done, a development "fix" schedule. This way the players know exactly what is being looked at, and when. It alleviates questions as well as gives you the ability to focus on ONE thing at a time.

Also, the "class advocate" position is something that honestly should be re-done but not in the same way. The class advocates can accumulate all the meaningful issues brought to them by the community.

Then when time comes for class balances, YOU DEVS reach out to each individually, have a conference call or SOMETHING for direct communication from that advocate (or even strum can) and then you look at that classes issues.

If you alloted "X" week for class balances, you can focus on just that one aspect of the game, class balance and then when its over the players know, to post feedback for the next time around.

The transparency is I think the biggest issue, noone knows what you guys are seeing, not seeing, looking at, not looking at, what you guys think is WAI or not.

I think the biggest hesitation for players to heavily invest is that things change FAR too much for items to be looked at as a stable investment.

Ive been playing for 2 years now and even I hesitate to invest into an artifact item or some enchants because who knows when ONE crucial piece of the build gets nerfed, ruining the whole thing and re-do it all.

I think a set development schedule, that is transparent with a direct line of communication to the players or from the players is key and you guys will see ALOT more happy people on the forums and in game as well as more people willing to invest RL $ as well.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Err... about lag? Game's becoming nearly unplayable on every aspect and with this patch it seems even worse than before. (I had no idea it was possible).
    Any acknowledgement of the issue and ETA on a fix?
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Thumbs up. =D Thanks.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited April 2015

what overall class balance? since beta cws are kings of pve (become better module after module by the way); gwf have 2 great modules thanks to bugs to be fixed in the next module. other classes +/- fallow the same step, 2 modules and garbage. what balance is that when just one class is "historically solid"?

buffs, please. the comunity can make a list.
  • mysticmarksmysticmarks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In fact, the last time the respec issue came into play(3 times total now) your team issued server respecs again within just a day or 2. The big thing with a digital product that can be forgotten compared to every other product is it's intangibility; this game and all within it are just figments of the imagination. The end sale is entertainment. When the product loses its entertainment value to a customer, that customer stops consuming the product. When the live server has the player base deem an issue critical, not addressing it immediately can be costly over the long term. On the same topic of sales success, you guys really need to adjust key prices permanently. I would have bought keys consistently since open beta if they were the price of a gumball machine toy(appropriate value for for a key). $1.25 a key is simply too much guys. Adults would buy far mor consistently, and the younger crowd would be able to spend within a youth budget yielding another consistent purchasing audience. At current prices I almost NEVER buy keys. Too many other adult friends have purchased thousands of dollars worth of keys with little returns. At 25 cents a key many of us would purchase key packs regularly as the cost to entertainment value falls more in line with current drop rates. I've had this discussion with many many players over the evolution of Neverwinter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profit_maximization It's isn't a tangible product; I understand how the calculation was reached. HOWEVER, you would ACTUALLY get far greater returns on the overhead and development investment selling 10 times as many keys at 1/5th the cost. You would also further enrich the game environment, expand the player base quickly, initate return players who felt the prices were simply out of their entertainment budgets, and ultimately start generating far more overall revenue from the game with no more work than is already being done. It doesn't follow traditional profiting guildlines, but these formulas were designed for products with limited production rates. How many keys can you create and sell daily?.. as many as you want.
    Sometimes you're your own best teacher. ~Me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In addition, we are always working on upcoming features and modules so it can be difficult to just take a huge chunk of time from those without first examining the schedule and seeing how that would really impact moving forward. For example, we can't just take all of GentlemanCrush's time working on the upcoming things as there are dependencies on his work.

You are doing a right way. Things need to be tested. And not by players on live. Problem is that there are a lot, really a lot of known issues that stay know for too long. Most of HR r4 bugs were reported in February. And no matter how much we all want to see new stuff (new modules and so on ) in game, first we want to finally play this module not in 'beta' state. some of HR bugs are from mod 4 really. Players still have not forgotten about them. we don't want to run and hit invisible wall on every second step.

It is from your prospective those are pushing on future stuff but from ours - it is pushing on our current daily. Example: you did great with refinement window now. Things is that we used that window and had that pain for a year.

So maybe you guys should really focus for some time on crucial things for this release? It take a lot of 'pain' to postpone schedule. Especially due to bug fix reasons when you need to explain this to some top manager (been there done that)

But truth is you can not count reputation losses due to failed release. Those are long term losses and will effect every next release after this for long.
    It is better to do something good once. You have only one chance to make first impression. And it is better be right one. My point is there is no sense in future release if present is lost.
    These are critical production bugs if you understand what i mean.
  • scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wouldn't call the fixes not getting in ASAP a delay exactly. It's really about how much we can reasonably test in time before we need to do our weekly update.......I hope that clarifies things a little better as to why we don't just open the firehoses of fixes. But we are certainly evaluating what we should do to help the long term health of the game, its just not an On/Off switch.

People, this is Software Development 101. You have teams of people. Some work on some parts, others on other parts. You can't just retool everyone for a specific bug. You have a build schedule, fixes go from environment to environment and they take time. If the fix and the testing isn't ready, it gets bumped to the next release. The guy who works on the coffer drop rate doesn't work on feats and power points. His stuff was ready, so it got into the build. I think most people on the forums have no idea what the SDLC is. And just because your little shop runs agile doesn't mean everyone else does.

The power points and the feats keeps you from being more powerful but there is a work around, so frankly it's not game breaking. Use your free full respec, and then buy a new one later, they are like $2.20. If you have internet service I'm sure you can afford it.

And as far as communication goes, I'd never say when stuff was going to live until right before. Look at this proposed "GWF buff", If they say its next week and then the fix needs more testing and is delayed, everyone goes beserk, where's my buff? No promises ever.

I'm not saying Cryptic is perfect and even really good at this, but you're focusing on the wrong things. They have more fundamental design problems, and perhaps sufficient testing problems, but I'm tired of hearing either stupid complaints or terrible impractical ideas.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    So my question is this: Why not put every possible asset in fixing such an issue even if this means some people will have to wait on them? Stuff like that happens in every dev department around the world and there's no shame in doing some filler work if that means the required people are busy getting the product back to working order.

I tried to cover this in my post but basically it comes down to dependencies. We can't just take resources away from what people are currently working on without causing people who are depending on that work to do their work.

In order to do this we need to make a complete list of what we want to address, then make schedule adjustments and check for dependencies several different disciplines, not just the couple people we diverted.

We are certainly in the process of doing that right now, it just takes time. During that process however, we can hammer out some of the nails sticking out that don't require additional design thought process.
    edited April 2015
    People, this is Software Development 101. You have teams of people. Some work on some parts, others on other parts. You can't just retool everyone for a specific bug. You have a build schedule, fixes go from environment to environment and they take time. If the fix and the testing isn't ready, it gets bumped to the next release. The guy who works on the coffer drop rate doesn't work on feats and power points. His stuff was ready, so it got into the build. I think most people on the forums have no idea what the SDLC is. And just because your little shop runs agile doesn't mean everyone else does.

The power points and the feats keeps you from being more powerful but there is a work around, so frankly it's not game breaking. Use your free full respec, and then buy a new one later, they are like $2.20. If you have internet service I'm sure you can afford it.

And as far as communication goes, I'd never say when stuff was going to live until right before. Look at this proposed "GWF buff", If they say its next week and then the fix needs more testing and is delayed, everyone goes beserk, where's my buff? No promises ever.

I'm not saying Cryptic is perfect and even really good at this, but you're focusing on the wrong things. They have more fundamental design problems, and perhaps sufficient testing problems, but I'm tired of hearing either stupid complaints or terrible impractical ideas.

I like you, you get it.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like you, you get it.

"we can't just take all of GentlemanCrush's time working on the upcoming things as there are dependencies on his work. "

I think the problem is that only a handful of devs can actually fix the game breaking stuff so things don't get fixed in time because those are the same devs that has to work with the new mods. Then you have some interns or less experienced devs that works on small stuff.

Basically you are low on manpower with the knowledge needed and it has a negative effect on the game that we clearly can see. Its simply an impossible situation and the players has to suffer.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok, so we got the grasp of how development takes place. That's good. However, sometimes it seems like we have to open tens of threads about a bug before it gets noticed and investigated. Some never get noticed and just lay there. Also there are times when ppl report a known issue over and over again. There should be some proper bug tracking implemented so we know what bugs the devs know of and what they don't, and what's WAI.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wait, wait, wait... the "buffs thing"is not promise made yesterday. the promise itself was a response to a DEMAND OF THE CLASS. and that demand dont coming only because some classes are overbuffed, again, again, again. is the description of the class.

"The Great Weapon Fighter is an unstoppable force of damage and steel, skilled in using the weight of a greatsword to dispatch those that stand in the way. The epitome of strength, the Great Weapon Fighter is also resilient enough to defend allies in need."

i take 177000 damage to a dragon yesterday, to a melee attack w/o animation to be dodge IF I HAVE DODGE.

the only single tree that work now is this:""The Destroyer is a torrent of unfettered rage and anger that deals a crushing amount of damage no foe is likely to survive." and that, thanks to a bug.

whats happening to:

"The Instigator combines cunning and strength to harnesses the ferocity of battle into precision attacks and tatical maneuvers."

or

"The Sentinel uses innate strength to entice the aggression of monster and mitigate blows that would otherwise devastate allies."

???
  • berthraktusberthraktus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Even when the paladin will still remain broken? The class is destroying all minimum savings of the game with your bugs who along with any bleeding are killing boss in seconds.

Other than that .. what do today in neverwinter?

PVE: totally unbalanced Dungeons where you have no reward for spending hours and hours.

PS: Seriously that no one even commented on the bug Epic Cragmire crypts.

PS²: Stop investing in BoP items .. this only discourages more and more of trying to get AD this game.

PVP: Fully broken .. it's just a look at the "leaderboard" and see the first page full of "ghost players". I do not know the real reason to continue playing PVP where the rank of the same is fully buggy and outdated.

What I just wrote is the same thought that thousands of players are seeing about the game at the time, and most when you ask ... "what to do in neverwinter?"

They have a great job and I hope they consider this as constructive criticism and see the real way the game is going.
    No Pain -.
This discussion has been closed.