test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150416c.6

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Hey all,

Thanks for all of your continued feedback and daily PMs, not everything obviously made it into the build for this week, but some are already fixed and will be ready to go out for next weeks update. Things including: Rank 4 powers not behaving properly, campaign zone difficulty warnings, more Tiamat/Hoard changes.

See you all in the game!

Classes and Balance
  • Hunter Ranger: Gushing Wounds: This power will no longer have unintended interactions with other damage triggered abilities.

Content and Environment
  • Lair of Lostmauth: Updated the quest logic for the Twin Fire Scorpions to better track when they are defeated.

Items and Economy
  • Dragon Hoard Coffers: Increased the drop rate for Dragon Hoard Coffers for enemies in the Well of Dragons.
  • Dragon Hoard Coffers: Increased the number of Dragon Hoard Coffers awarded for defeating Dragon Heroic Encounters in the Well of Dragons.
  • Duergar Guard and the Black Ice Prospecter: Removed the force Taunt from active power granted to player. Instead they will now give extra Damage Resistance versus AoE attacks to the player.
  • Wheel of Elements: Resolved an issue wherein temporary HP granted by the Wheel of Elements earth buff was not correctly absorbing damage.

Performance and Stability
  • Resolved a client disconnect that could occur when changing maps.

User Interface
  • Catalog: Search is now automatically done when switching to this tab instead of needing to be clicked the first time.
  • Campaigns: Tyranny of Dragons: Donating to the Hoard is now possible from the campaign window again.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    These are going to the preview shard now.
  • Options
    ly4icolncaly4icolnca Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lostmauth set would be fixed?
    Any information about 2xRP event?
  • Options
    freezingshardfreezingshard Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rlly? what do we need more dragon hoard coffers for when we cant donate them after tiamat donation is 100%? just to make sure you get the information...... tiamat donation to 100% after last reset took 1.5 minutes. and after that noone on the whole server can donate.

..... rlly strange patch .....
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I truly appreciate that you folks continue to work on and address various issues with this latest module, but I feel that there are a few glaring issues that need to take precedence:

1. Address the difficulty of many areas for non-BiS characters, (campaigns, dungeons, etc).

2. Related to 1, do something to address the difficulty in acquiring better gear. Dread Ring and Sharandar used to be a place one could go to get some starter epic equipment, but now that's gone.

3. Address the time & risk vs reward for many of these areas - why should I take the time to run many of these areas when the payoff is some green gear or maybe a R5.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I truly appreciate that you folks continue to work on and address various issues with this latest module, but I feel that there are a few glaring issues that need to take precedence:

1. Address the difficulty of many areas for non-BiS chaarcters, (campaigns, dungeons, etc).

2. Related to 1, do something to address the difficulty in acquiring better gear. Dread Ring and Sharandar used to be a place one could go to get some starter epic equipment, but now that's gone.

3. Address the time & risk vs reward for many of these areas - why should I take the time to run many of these areas when the payoff is some green gear or maybe a R5.

I agree with you on the high level at least of what you are saying and have a meeting later on today to discuss some of these sorts of issues I've been writing on a Post It note until the notes overflowed last week or so.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    rlly? what do we need more dragon hoard coffers for when we cant donate them after tiamat donation is 100%? just to make sure you get the information...... tiamat donation to 100% after last reset took 1.5 minutes. and after that noone on the whole server can donate.

..... rlly strange patch .....

The donation filling so quickly was due to switching the event to fill weekly instead of hourly so this will be MUCH less of an issue, but we will also be fixing it so you have the option to donate after it is 100%.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My Perfect Terror (which cost me 8 million ad's) is still bugged and is buffing the mobs 4% not debuffing them. Therefore I can't use it and get kicked instantly from all dungeons because I have no weapon enchant, or am I suppose to spend another 8 million to get something else?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ly4icolnca wrote: »
    Any information about 2xRP event?

TEE HEE! I can't wait for the next one either, I still have my Golden Dragon weapons waiting to be refined.
  • Options
    creatorsage8creatorsage8 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Looks Good
  • Options
    anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Promised GWF buff? weapon master rank 4?
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nothing about the dungeons event change/bug introduced last week??? If its working as intended then someone needs to explain what the heck it is now.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    empalas wrote: »
    Nothing about the dungeons event change/bug introduced last week??? If its working as intended then someone needs to explain what the heck it is now.

What bug specifically? Please be specific and refrain from saying "X bug" it is not clear and could be referring to a number of things.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nice to see the Wheel is getting fixed. I'm glad to see the HR bug may be fixed too.

There are still a lot of things that need attention though, like the infinite AP cleric bug. You said it was fixed, yet, on live, it's still here. If you need proofs I have some. And lag...
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    What bug specifically? Please be specific and refrain from saying "X bug" it is not clear and could be referring to a number of things.

Dungeon chests always require a key now, even when the dungeons event is active. That sucks and it's harder than ever to find people willing to play that content...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The Dungeons event...to open the chest you now always need a key. The Chest tooltip says its unlocked during DD event. But it is not unlocked in the Dungeons event anymore. The RAD I have only gotten from the chest so you also need to use the key during the event to get the RAD.

Before last weeks patch the chest worked fine(most of the time although sometimes it didn't but most of the time it did)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    anim3k wrote: »
    Promised GWF buff? weapon master rank 4?

Promised is a strong word, I think I mentioned this previously but these changes may not be coming for some time as we deal with higher priority issues and evaluate overall class balance.

I called out the Rank 4 issues at the beginning of my post that we have many already fixed for next weeks release.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The Dungeons event...to open the chest you now always need a key. The Chest tooltip says its unlocked during DD event. But it is not unlocked in the Dungeons event anymore. The RAD I have only gotten from the chest so you also need to use the key during the event to get the RAD.

Before last weeks patch the chest worked fine(most of the time although sometimes it didn't but most of the time it did)

I see, ok, thanks.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The donation filling so quickly was due to switching the event to fill weekly instead of hourly so this will be MUCH less of an issue, but we will also be fixing it so you have the option to donate after it is 100%.

wuhuuuuu good to know :)

What about the boons/ action-points one cant set after lvl 70? still got some boon waiting and i cant use them....
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    wuhuuuuu good to know :)

What about the boons/ action-points one cant set after lvl 70? still got some boon waiting and i cant use them....

Did you use the free respec yet? They posted that you need to use that and it would fix the issues people were having well that was for feats but I was guessing it might be a similar issue
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Did you use the free respec yet? They posted that you need to use that and it would fix the issues people were having

yea i did. but me and lots of my friends have the same problem. we hit 70 days ago. but since last patch i cant set new boons i researched same for action-points i got as lvl-reward
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I see, ok, thanks.

Just would be nice to know if its a bug or an undocumented feature....I have introduced a few of those into our codebase at work.
  • Options
    evildruevildru Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn race broken.
    I buy race token, change my halfing and i don't see hp boost.
    Metalllic Ancestry: You receive 3% more healing from all spells and abilities. Your Hit Points are increased by 3%.
    This racial trait not workin.
  • Options
    bubbleleaderbubbleleader Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015

First off, I appreciate you taking the time to address questions. This type of communication goes a long way. When clarifying questions are asked, you just get opinions or misinformation from other forum users and often times a dev comment can just put it to rest.

Second, are you saying that the number of donations needed to get to 100% will change (increase) with this patch, thus giving people more time to donate. And that a future patch will allow donating even if it hits 100%. That's the way I read it.
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Really? Still no fix for rank four powers and broken Justice Protection OP and Executioner TR capstones? :/ At least an acknowledgement that they're being worked on?
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @panderus:

Is there a chance for an update on the Weapon Enchantment front? Specifically the Feytouched and various bugs attached to it, but also debuffing enchants. Most do not apply the correct debuff (Pure Plague Fire, Trans Plague Fire) or are even doing the exact opposite and are buffing mobs (Terror, Pure Vorpal, Trans Vorpal). So guys that know how to utilize it use the utterly broken Feytouched and the rest has to settle for Perfect Vorpal or Plague Fire right now.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    naicalus wrote: »
    Really? Still no fix for rank four powers and broken Justice Protection OP and Executioner TR capstones? :/ At least an acknowledgement that they're being worked on?

One of the first things panderus said:
    Thanks for all of your continued feedback and daily PMs, not everything obviously made it into the build for this week, but some are already fixed and will be ready to go out for next weeks update. Things including: Rank 4 powers not behaving properly, campaign zone difficulty warnings, more Tiamat/Hoard changes.
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Because the code was branched for release prior to the bug fix getting in.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Promised is a strong word, I think I mentioned this previously but these changes may not be coming for some time as we deal with higher priority issues and evaluate overall class balance.

I called out the Rank 4 issues at the beginning of my post that we have many already fixed for next weeks release.

I guess there was no mention of the word promise, but it did sound pretty guaranteed. I think a lot of us PvP loving GWF's are looking forward to it so that's why it keeps popping up that's all.

I agree there are more pressing issues to be looked at first, I consider the bugged Weapon enchantments, buggy paladin skills (infinite damage loops, sancutary activation bugging out, smite not working sometimes) and DC cleric AP gain all very important to fix.
    Hey all, wanted to drop in and let you all know we are monitoring the PVP performance.

To clarify some things, we are generally fairly happy with where GWFs are in PVE. They are competitive, and do very solid damage for the risks they take being in melee range (where there are more consistent threats to worry about).

However in PVP we want to make a few targeted buffs that should not strongly impact PVE performance. These buffs will not make it for launch, but should go live roughly 2 weeks after launch.

Determination: Determination gain now scales with damage before damage resistance (instead of damage after damage resistance).
    Unstoppable: Now increases movement speed by 20% while active.
    Takedown: Base stun duration now increased to 4 seconds (up from 3 seconds). This stun can no longer be improperly deflected.
    Front Line Surge: Base stun duration now increased to 4 seconds (up from 3 seconds). This stun can no longer be improperly deflected.

We believe these buffs should help improve PVP performance significantly without upsetting the PVE balance greatly.

Thank you all for your continued feedback.
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    rexfire91rexfire91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for giving us a date for the rank 4 bug fix! It's good to not have to wait in the dark.
This discussion has been closed.