test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please, be patient!

duryntedurynte Member Posts: 132 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello there!

I beg you all, please be patient!

Ever since I started playing NWO, I really appreciated it. It's a
surreal world to venture at, quite amazing. For the record, I am
not that confident with DnD/WoC material, although I gave it a peek.

Now, there is, as of announcement, a new team looking into state
of the game. Just give them *time* to inspect things. No matter
what you think or feel of/or about "the company". You invested
time, probably some dimes, too! Also, as of their site, they are
working on a new project, too. So please, please, just be patient.
If I am not totaly misguided, the *real* question here is: Will NWO
be huddled and cured, or will it just be put offline. And if I am
not mistaken, most of you would vote for the first choice.

Do your professions, give fast progress a break, and give the new
team time to inspect and rebalance what has been fun and entertaining
for you. Flugging out some, beg your pardon, ****loads of negative
not helping feedback will lead management to just say: Cut it off,
we had our revenue, time to head somewhere else.

I for one do *care* for (some) of my characters and I like to /live/
them for some more time to come, and venture to unexplored places.

Happy hunting,
and may you all be blessed by the gods of patience!

Sincerly,
*your sometimes in zone chat occuring huntress*
Post edited by durynte on

Comments

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    durynte wrote: »
    I for one do *care* for (some) of my characters and I like them to /live/
    for some more time to come, and venture to unexplored places.

I'm sure many players would agree with you. At other MMO's this is the goal. Perhaps not so here.

Quotes from Cryptic CEO:
    "No nerf ever caused a statistical drop in user base."
    "After the first month, you lose two-thirds of your players, but the ones who stay - you can't get rid of them."

These quotes are from 2008, and maybe he's changed his stance in the last 7 years. But this is the mindset we are working with. (against?)

Doesn't sound like there is any respect for the userbase, or any motivation to "keep" us. If he already thinks we're lost, and nothing they do will cause a drop in the user base, they might as well keep plodding along with a blindfold on despite the repeated warnings of DANGER!

Ostrich with its head in the sand analogy?

Cryptic:
    I know you can't please everyone. Some people expect one thing from the game, others expect another. That shouldn't keep you from putting out a quality release though.

Keep perfecting it until its up to YOUR standards, then release it.

I hope no-one at Cryptic thought mod6 was finished. Because if what we received is what they considered to be 'ready for release', then all is lost. The impact it made on the rest of the game is.. shoddy.

Not all the blame can be shifted to PWE. Or to the fired staffers. Unreachable deadlines should never have been set. Release dates can always be pushed back. The grief from delaying mod6 again would've been significantly less than the grief incurred by the shoddy implementation. Mod6 didnt just break endgame, it broke the game continuity. (e.g. New level 10 questers get stuck at a quest telling them to goto Cloak Tower (Doesn't exist anymore) and don't know how to progress. =/ (They don't know yet that they can skip it and just go back to Knox to continue the leveling campaign) or,
    e.g.2 - "[Zone] someguy@someguy: where do i find dugan hammerfist, quest tells me to go to pvp house but he aint here")

[Halt and Catch Fire]
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • taymmataymma Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello there!

Happy hunting,

Sincerly,

With all due respect, I am under the impression you haven't been playing very long. Maybe that's why you don't understand the frustration felt by a lot of our players. Some of them have been in game since beta and those dimes you refer to are hundreds of dollars and in some cases a few thousand. They feel and rightfully so, that they aren't appreciated by the company and that their concerns about the state of the game aren't taken seriously.

We have a new dev and all of us are happy about that and hope he will make some changes down the line. At this point though, patience is in short supply.

You're invested in your characters, well so was I once upon a time. They are just that, characters in a game. What's real for me are the people playing them. That's why I replied to your comment. You plead for patience, but I am pleading for understanding.

This is not a flame and is not intended to start one. I just think you need to take the people who write in this forum seriously. Most of them aren't just complaining to complain, but really do care about the game. For some this has been an investment.

Player complaints won't get this game shuttered. It would be a real shame though, if the people who pay for this game couldn't voice an opinion.
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello there!

Happy hunting,

Sincerly,

Did you happen to check the new patch notes ?
    "Not a single Important fix was included that day"

I do care about this game too...just like all the others expressing their concerns.
    Just like me, they too understand that if Cryptic doesn't start to listen to their Players "customers", they're gonna seek a new "service" (game) and NW will die.

Nobody wants that.

The state of the game sould've been looked at while in the preview stage when people urged the developers not to go through with some of the horrible stuff introduced.

We'll talk again when they make Mounts character bound...I have this weird feeling they're so stubborn of their ideas being better tha what their players suggest to go through with even that kind of change...after all....they did it with bags already....
  • raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The game has steadily been getting better for me. Finished a weeks worth of 1600 ILS dungeon runs and completed my armor set. Every run was solo random queueing. The gear does make playing more enjoyable. On to the 2000 ILS dungeons. Good luck everyone.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been patient since I started playing.
    I'm still working around the same bugs since back then.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello there!

Happy hunting,

Sincerly,

I agree 100%! Things are a mess right now, but there is still some fun in the game.

But complaining is the dominant mantra in these forums - a handful of people offer praise for positive updates, but that's about it.

I have faith that things will work themselves out in the end - in a positive manner.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm with ya OP, not everyone here is a Chicken Little! ;)
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I have faith that things will work themselves out in the end - in a positive manner.
    Now that's the spirit mi amigo! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope no-one at Cryptic thought mod6 was finished. Because if what we received is what they considered to be 'ready for release', then all is lost. The impact it made on the rest of the game is.. shoddy.

Honestly I don't know if them knowing would be any better then them 'not' knowing. 'We'(their user base) should not be used as a QA department. Some of these bugs like rank 4 powers not working correctly, and not being able to commit feats and boons are gaming breaking bugs for some people. I find it hard to believe that their current QA process(assuming they even have one) would not have discovered these types of bugs prior to release.
  • kallikendrakallikendra Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been taking a break from the game because for me, it's been ruined. I was so looking forward to module 6 with the prospect of levelling up to 70 and the promise of new content that when I discovered what had happened I was incredibly disillusioned and very disappointed.

The point I want to make, however, is that while I have seen a few people saying how much they like the new module and are enjoying the challenge, the overwhelming majority, and I'm including this forum, Facebook and Twitter in that, of comments are from people saying the complete opposite. I'm sorry if I cause offence to anyone who reads this and does like the new changes but those of us in the majority cannot all be wrong!!

I am tired of seeing people of being accused of being whingers, or worse just because they have voiced an opinion that differs from others in that it is seen as negative. I personally see it as people voicing their genuine concerns that this game has been ruined beyond repair and are trying desperately hard to get the devs to listen.

If I have understood a couple of previous posts correctly and that the devs are going to be working on the game, as in actually listening to their players whether they be free or paying, then hopefully I - and other players who have already left - will feel able to come back.

To the OP, I hope you're right because I know of countless players who have already left the game. I will keep an eye on things but, if I'm honest, I have my doubts that this will ever become the game I loved again.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Hello there!

Happy hunting,

Sincerly,

Thank you for being so understanding! We know it might be frustrating, but the development process takes time, much like Panderus said here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?915151-Elemental-Evil-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-45-20150416c-6&p=10798201&viewfull=1#post10798201

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thank you for being so understanding! We know it might be frustrating, but the development process takes time, much like Panderus said here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?915151-Elemental-Evil-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-45-20150416c-6&p=10798201&viewfull=1#post10798201

Time is a resource, and time is running out.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wouldn't care if the servers would go offline instantly, there is nothing to do for a PVP player. My guild mates seem to think the same, I didn't see any of them since two weeks.

I got the PVP set and am now refining black ice so that I can upgrade my armor in approximately 4 months. Am I looking forward to it? Yes of course, I will get some per mills...
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Any process that does not have sufficient resources allocated to it, takes longer than it should. That is why people are mad. They know that if the zen shop was broken and no one could buy anything from it, it would be fixed the same day with an emergency patch.
    This is not directed at YOU, but please understand that people feel a bit condescended to when they are told, "this takes time". Because, obviously, the time it takes to fix an issue is in direct proportion to the degree to which Cryptic takes an issue seriously.
    Players do not feel like they are being taken seriously.

Like sitting 4 hours in construction traffic and when you get to the merge point you see two guys from the road crew doing the road work and 80 guys from the road crew cutting the grass on the side of the road and picking up trash. Then a foreman comes out to address the angry drivers and says, "Hey fixing roads takes a long time!". Its like OMFG just have all those guys cutting crass help fix the road so the traffic can flow through.
  • pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    In some cases in order to fix the road it is required to, as you say, cut some grass. The trash might contain metal cans that damage the asphalt roller or whatever that machine is called. Just because you cannot see the reason for something doesn't mean there is no reason for it. If people still thought like that, we'd still believe that the earth is flat and that the sun evolves around the planet.

How does that refers to most recent patch that "fixed" dragon coffers when there are severe difficulty balance issues and feat / skill / exploits problems which has not been fixed yet?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How does that refers to most recent patch that "fixed" dragon coffers when there are severe difficulty balance issues and feat / skill / exploits problems are not fixed ?

Because one was ready and the other was not. It isn't what the masses want to hear, but it's the reality of the business.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited April 2015
    Because one was ready and the other was not.

Well let me ask if you were the guy who "decides" what priority what is getting fixed first would you choose:

A) Dragon coffers
    B) Game difficulty balance aka playability for 70% of community.
    edited April 2015
    Well let me ask if you were the guy who "decides" what priority what is getting fixed first would you choose:

A) Dragon coffers
    B) Gama difficulty balance aka playability for 70% of community.

Why not both? Again, it's a matter of one team had their fix ready. The other did not. Your conclusion presumes that the possibilities are mutually exclusive.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited April 2015
    Why not both? Again, it's a matter of one team had their fix ready. The other did not. Your conclusion presumes that the possibilities are mutually exclusive.

If obviously B > A , why wouldn't you apply both of your "resource" teams to issue A as the logic follows ?
  • jonnybggjonnybgg Member Posts: 51
    edited April 2015

A) Dragon coffers
    B) Game difficulty balance aka playability for 70% of community.

Mod 6 simply wasn't ready to go live. I'm not going to speculate or doomsay or point fingers, but in all reality, it simply wasn't ready to go live.

In order to make this post "constructive" I would offer up that the comments and concerns that were raised in the preview forum should have at least been taken into consideration.. if not, then a reasonable explanation why the content and bugs and exploits and lag issues were ignored.
    edited April 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    In some cases in order to fix the road it is required to, as you say, cut some grass. The trash might contain metal cans that damage the asphalt roller or whatever that machine is called. Just because you cannot see the reason for something doesn't mean there is no reason for it. If people still thought like that, we'd still believe that the earth is flat and that the sun evolves around the planet.

Nope. A problem only takes as long to fix as the resources you put into fixing it. The whole point about the road analogy is that the road crew has prioritized something other than the actual ROAD for fixing.

They are not perfecting a system to upload human consciousness into robots, or working on a warp drive for interstellar space craft. All they need to do is make their game work. And if it is true that the problems are so deep and complex that it takes a month to make the game playable than that fact would kill player confidence in the reliability and stability of this game faster than you can say "broken game".
    edited April 2015
    If obviously B > A , why wouldn't you apply both of your "resource" teams to issue A as the logic follows ?

Because the people responsible do not have interchangeable skill sets. You cannot put an artist on an issue for the battle system programmer because they simply do not have the proper knowledge. So you put that artist on a task that they ARE qualified to do.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

edited April 2015
    Because one was ready and the other was not. It isn't what the masses want to hear, but it's the reality of the business.

The fundamental reality of the business is that people stop playing and paying for broken games.
    edited April 2015
    The fundamental reality of the business is that people stop playing and paying for broken games.

It isn't the end of the world. The issue is being looked into. However, a cardinal rule of programming is this: If you cannot reliably replicate an issue, you cannot hope to code a proper fix. You can, at best, guess at the possible root cause.

Nevertheless, you still do not change the reality of the matter at hand: The personnel responsible for one portion of the patch had their task ready and done. The other teams did not and Panderus has already said that some issues will be patched next week. They cannot, and will not, drop ALL existing tasks to focus on one issue. That would be a monumentally inefficient use of resources.

To use the "road" analogy, it would be like assigning the flagman to drive the asphalt truck without the flagman having the proper knowledge to do so safely and properly.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

edited April 2015
    Just a note to Strum and any devs who happen to read this: This is a rough rough time. To me, the survival of this game is not guaranteed. Everyone is pretty upset. Take none of this personally though. Your efforts to fix things and to communicate with us is appreciated, even if most of us don't say so. We just want to be able to play our game again.
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If the fix for the feats/powers/abilities can be temporarily fixed with a respect, why not give out another free one. Instead of making everyone wait another week ( or however long it might be ) until the actual bug gets fixed. It wasn't our fault the game allowed us to rank up 1 or 2 of our powers when M6 came out, that is on you guys. And everything worked just fine until you guys messed up again with the last patch and created this issue in the first place. So, I ask, why do we have to suffer not being able to use our points when you have an obvious though temporary fix available ?
    edited April 2015

Pretty much this , I have absolutely no idea what to tell and do with remains of "gaming buds" that are still playing NVO. Tiamat is impossible, T2's are really really hard and any lags are unforgiving. I can grind RP and I can wait however long it will take Cryptic to get NVO back on trash , I can fork out my credit card on zen to buy whatever there is to buy and what is all that for if what really matters is people you play with that are quitting..

:/
    roughly 60% of ppl on my friends list that used to be really active and fun to play with already said their byes and moved on to different games.

This is something you can't buy or grind.
    edited April 2015
    It isn't the end of the world. The issue is being looked into. However, a cardinal rule of programming is this: If you cannot reliably replicate an issue, you cannot hope to code a proper fix. You can, at best, guess at the possible root cause.

Nevertheless, you still do not change the reality of the matter at hand: The personnel responsible for one portion of the patch had their task ready and done. The other teams did not and Panderus has already said that some issues will be patched next week. They cannot, and will not, drop ALL existing tasks to focus on one issue. That would be a monumentally inefficient use of resources.

To use the "road" analogy, it would be like assigning the flagman to drive the asphalt truck without the flagman having the proper knowledge to do so safely and properly.

How is making their game playable a monumentally inefficient use of resources? Of course you don't assign heavy equipment operation to a flag man, you hire more heavy equipment operators. Or even outsource that part of your operation which you failed to plan proper resources for in the first place.

People are justifiably upset. Let them have their catharsis here and they end up staying on as players. That is a far far sight better than when they stop posting their anger and simply go away because they just stopped caring.
    edited April 2015

Thanks for that. It is great to see a moderator explain things well.

However, some will never understand the reality of business operations . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited April 2015
    Tiamat is impossible, T2's are really really hard

What is interesting about this part of your statement is that I have heard similar complaints when other mods were released. It's called "adjusting to changes." This adaptation does not often come easily, often involving using a completely new set of Encounters and Dailies, and using different tactics.

I will bet that within 2 months, someone will have figured out a good Tiamat strategy, which probably involves being geared MUCH better than most people are geared now in this transition phase.

Patience . . .

edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    This adaptation does not often come easily, often involving using a completely new set of Encounters and Dailies, and using different tactics.
    Patience . . .

How about you show me how you clear eCC with out resorting to use bugs or exploits in a timely manner , lets say 45 min. :) ?
    Vid will suffice