test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150416c.6

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2015 in Patch Notes (PC)
Classes and Balance
  1. Hunter Ranger: Gushing Wounds: This power will no longer have unintended interactions with other damage triggered abilities.

Content
  1. Lair of Lostmauth: Updated the quest logic for the Twin Fire Scorpions to better track when they are defeated.

Items and Economy
  1. Dragon Hoard Coffers: Increased the drop rate for Dragon Hoard Coffers for enemies in the Well of Dragons.
  2. Dragon Hoard Coffers: Increased the number of Dragon Hoard Coffers awarded for defeating Dragon Heroic Encounters in the Well of Dragons.
  3. Duergar Guard and the Black Ice Prospector: Removed the force Taunt from active power granted to player. Instead they will now give extra Damage Resistance versus AoE attacks to the player.
  4. Wheel of Elements: Resolved an issue wherein temporary HP granted by the Wheel of Elements earth buff was not correctly absorbing damage.

Performance and Stability
  1. Resolved a client disconnect that could occur when changing maps.

User Interface
  1. Catalog: Search is now automatically done when switching to this tab instead of needing to be clicked the first time.
  2. Campaigns: Tyranny of Dragons: Donating to the Hoard is now possible from the campaign window again.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why increase coffer drop rate when the counter goes to 100% in 1 minute when it resets on Mondays? Might as well just NPC them.
  • kenvoggkenvogg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please tell us there's more...please.

Dragon hoard enchants. Eldritch runestone. Boons. Playability.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No fix for the Capstone of the Justice Tree for OPs? *sad panda face*

Maybe next time...
    va8Ru.gif
  • anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Promised GWF buff? weapon master rank 4?
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    anim3k wrote: »

This. We're still waiting for it. can we at least have confirmation if it is going to come or not please?

Hey all, wanted to drop in and let you all know we are monitoring the PVP performance.

To clarify some things, we are generally fairly happy with where GWFs are in PVE. They are competitive, and do very solid damage for the risks they take being in melee range (where there are more consistent threats to worry about).

However in PVP we want to make a few targeted buffs that should not strongly impact PVE performance. These buffs will not make it for launch, but should go live roughly 2 weeks after launch.

Determination: Determination gain now scales with damage before damage resistance (instead of damage after damage resistance).
    Unstoppable: Now increases movement speed by 20% while active.
    Takedown: Base stun duration now increased to 4 seconds (up from 3 seconds). This stun can no longer be improperly deflected.
    Front Line Surge: Base stun duration now increased to 4 seconds (up from 3 seconds). This stun can no longer be improperly deflected.

We believe these buffs should help improve PVP performance significantly without upsetting the PVE balance greatly.

Thank you all for your continued feedback.
    Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

The Stun's not being deflectable is something we really need to be able to lock down people who otherwise just kite, dodge, and deflect everything we throw, and considering our reliance on stacks to deal damage, even if we land the perfect stun there's a decent chance we're not going to have enough damage stacks to deal a decent hit to our enemy, and the move speed / Pre DR unstoppable are something I think ALL PvP GWF's are waiting for now.

It'd be nice if IBS had an extra modifier to it that was along the lines of "If enemy is marked by you, this power ignores 50% of the enemies deflect chance" or if Takedown had "If enemy is marked, Takedown prones the enemy player instead of stunning" (since it seems quite obvious that whoever is in charge of balance doesnt want takedown to inherently be an easy prone if it lands, adding this mark prerequisite is an interesting change, Personally I feel GWF mark would be really cool if it was a bit like curse, make it last a bit less time, but our Paragon encounters and dailies have additional effects when hitting marked targets) , with the high levels of deflect pretty easy to get having our heavy hitter shrugged off for 4k damage is demoralising and not fun. But obviously performance needs to be looked at once the promised changes hit before we look into additional changes as just adding a bunch of extra changes before testing balance can be disastrous
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • baszun67baszun67 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    This. We're still waiting for it. can we at least have confirmation if it is going to come or not please?

The Stun's not being deflectable is something we really need to be able to lock down people who otherwise just kite, dodge, and deflect everything we throw, and considering our reliance on stacks to deal damage, even if we land the perfect stun there's a decent chance we're not going to have enough damage stacks to deal a decent hit to our enemy, and the move speed / Pre DR unstoppable are something I think ALL PvP GWF's are waiting for now.

It'd be nice if IBS had an extra modifier to it that was along the lines of "If enemy is marked by you, this power ignores 50% of the enemies deflect chance" or if Takedown had "If enemy is marked, Takedown prones the enemy player instead of stunning" (since it seems quite obvious that whoever is in charge of balance doesnt want takedown to inherently be an easy prone if it lands, adding this mark prerequisite is an interesting change, Personally I feel GWF mark would be really cool if it was a bit like curse, make it last a bit less time, but our Paragon encounters and dailies have additional effects when hitting marked targets) , with the high levels of deflect pretty easy to get having our heavy hitter shrugged off for 4k damage is demoralising and not fun. But obviously performance needs to be looked at once the promised changes hit before we look into additional changes as just adding a bunch of extra changes before testing balance can be disastrous

Please do NOT force pvp gwf to play IV And spec into mark.
  • thoreshammer1thoreshammer1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i dont like the new dungens my pally even level 70 8k plus def and over 85k hitpoints gets one hit even in gaurd stance wtfb is this all about its ridiculus to even try to do dungens with the WoD gear and best blue stuff i can get still cant even do anything in dungens pallys need something done about there block its ridiculus i blocked and still get 1 hit by things in dungens how are you supposed to help group when you cant tank like your supposed to be able to
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Items and Economy
    1. Dragon Hoard Coffers: Increased the drop rate for Dragon Hoard Coffers for enemies in the Well of Dragons.
    2. Dragon Hoard Coffers: Increased the number of Dragon Hoard Coffers awarded for defeating Dragon Heroic Encounters in the Well of Dragons.

These are great fixes ... but a little pointless. The drop rate on the coffers has never really been a problem, the 10 minute cooldown between drops has always limited how many of these you could pick up. But even if you did away with the cooldown and upped the drop rate through the roof what difference does it make? I have coffers waiting to be turned in so I can finish my weekly quests and I can't do a thing with them because the hoard is pegged at 100% and has been all week so nobody can donate to it.

Simple fix ... either put the donations back to the way they were or allow us to donate over 100%. Right now only a handful of people who happen to be on at exactly the right time get to donate each week.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree these are good fixes. I think the main problems people want to get fixed are server-related, although I understand those take time. I guess just keep fixing the class-specific bugs like you did with the hunters and fix the dungeon map bugs and we'll get through this. This really isn't a horrible mod, it's just a lot buggier and thus getting a lot more hate compared to mod 5, which was horrible, but didn't cause people to crash every 10min.

Keep up the good work!
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • zetahatatezetahatate Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I realize these are just patch notes, but honestly, if there's a bit of news related to Module 6 and much awaited patch notes, you may wish to post it there. Thankfully, Panderus has posted some helpful notes in the preview patch notes released today. Whether these keep, I can't say, but still, it's something to keep in mind.
    panderus wrote:
    Hey all,

Thanks for all of your continued feedback and daily PMs, not everything obviously made it into the build for this week, but some are already fixed and will be ready to go out for next weeks update. Things including: Rank 4 powers not behaving properly, campaign zone difficulty warnings, more Tiamat/Hoard changes.

And now to keep on topic with this, let's comment on the patch notes themselves!
    Content
    Lair of Lostmauth: Updated the quest logic for the Twin Fire Scorpions to better track when they are defeated.

Well, this is kind of good, yes. Hopefully this will make sure the scorpions don't just disappear during the fight and either just clear the way or just respawn and you have to fight them anyway.
    Items and Economy
    Dragon Hoard Coffers: Increased the drop rate for Dragon Hoard Coffers for enemies in the Well of Dragons.
    Dragon Hoard Coffers: Increased the number of Dragon Hoard Coffers awarded for defeating Dragon Heroic Encounters in the Well of Dragons.

I kind of like this, personally. It may not be the most needed change, but I've hardly had luck with them, personally.
    Performance and Stability
    Resolved a client disconnect that could occur when changing maps.

Thank you. This has been plaguing my friends for a while. I've been fortunate enough to be untouched by this, but it was a problem.

These are the ones I feel like I'm interested in or qualified in talking about, as I know nothing of Hunter Ranger. I do seriously hope you the best for the next patch.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    baszun67 wrote: »
    Please do NOT force pvp gwf to play IV And spec into mark.

That seems to be the path theyre taking as these buffs that crush spoke about were meant for PvP performance and As FLS is IV only and one of them targets it, I feel thats what they were looking at. However SM has access to mark via Daring shout and IBS Kill.

Like I said though my suggestions there were just ideas, because obviously its better to test the promised changes first before looking at more changes to stuff. If Swordmaster had a decent encounter / at-will Dash / gap closer skill to chain flourish too (like GF lunging strike) I'd totally respec to SM.

My main concern is knowing whether these changes are actually going to come or not and if possible when, and it'd be really great to get a confirmation from a developer / producer please.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • olegius88olegius88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would more preffer the fix of Dragon Hoard's enchants drop rate instead of the coffers. I also wanted to see the fixes:
    -DC unlimited ap bug with Hastening Light + Offhand with Hastening Light + Hammer of Fate daily is still like an exploit and causes no fairness in pvp.
    -New Artefact cooldown bug of CWs which comes from the middle path feet where you get your encounter powers coodlown faster. This bug causes that a CW can use the artefact every 30 sec. = unlimited ap with a DC artefact.
    Mainclass: DC
    Mainchar: Mr. Shu
    :cool:
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Of all things you choose to attend to 2 companion bonuses...?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For those who missed Panderus' announcement in the preview patch thread:
    panderus wrote: »
    Hey all,

Thanks for all of your continued feedback and daily PMs, not everything obviously made it into the build for this week, but some are already fixed and will be ready to go out for next weeks update. Things including: Rank 4 powers not behaving properly, campaign zone difficulty warnings, more Tiamat/Hoard changes.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • lunaticslave777lunaticslave777 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...When are the frame rate lag and locks going to get fixed on XBone?! performance on the game should be priority over anything else, imo.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great to see that Rank 4 powers are on the list to be fixed - I suppose an extra week wont kill us (our characters though are going to continue to take a beating :P).

It hasn't effected me (as I haven't had any extra Power points or Boons to assign), but do we have a timeline for the applying PP, feats, boons issue? I feel like the issues being Patched aren't always the most crucial - no point fixing DHC drops if we can't use them, but having feats and powers has a major affect on gameplay.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i dont like the new dungens my pally even level 70 8k plus def and over 85k hitpoints gets one hit even in gaurd stance wtfb is this all about its ridiculus to even try to do dungens with the WoD gear and best blue stuff i can get still cant even do anything in dungens pallys need something done about there block its ridiculus i blocked and still get 1 hit by things in dungens how are you supposed to help group when you cant tank like your supposed to be able to

I feel your pain. Oh, how I feel your pain. I've stacked defense to the max on my HR. 13.7k defense, 42.9% DR, 100k HP, and it's still as if I'm made of paper. Tomorrow I might see if I can push it to 14k, but from what I'm seeing it would have to be over 20k to keep me from being one- and two-shotted by literally everything.

I honestly don't expect survivability fixes or difficulty adjustments this soon. That said, though: strumslinger, has there been any dicsussion about difficulty? It sure would go a long way to mollifying some of the angst among us if we knew that you guys and gals were at least taking a look at it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    anim3k wrote: »

!!! !!! !!! Argh! - This is really heavy. Really guys, the focus is NOT good. Who cares about the campaign donation window comfy function or the catalogue?? We need the class mechanic working!!! Especially the GWF is totaly destroyed/bugged. The 23.4 patched "perhaps (?) unwanted possibilities" to gain endless AP are still available. And people are doing Cragmire without problems? Hmm.. how? why? The GWF is a bug pile. Main-Hand Sure Strike bugged, Weapon Master deactivated, the AoE feat is not working and dotzens of other issues.

#15 says they will fix rank 4 powers next week... let´s wait and hope...

//Bellistor
  • allanondallanond Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kenvogg wrote: »
    Please tell us there's more...please.

Dragon hoard enchants. Eldritch runestone. Boons. Playability.

Yes please be more like how about oh idk, winnable dungeons?
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Why increase coffer drop rate when the counter goes to 100% in 1 minute when it resets on Mondays? Might as well just NPC them.

Perhaps, that change is not intended for Tiamat-Goers.

There are also players, who prefer to collect chests and treasures to exchange them for Linus Favor.

I would have liked to see an increase in buyable passive companion slots. I still have 10 companions in my bank, that I would like to bind...
  • mmonederommonedero Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    With how broken the lvl70 content is we need every stat increase we can get but we cant get these increases because when we work days and days to unlock more boons we cant spend the point in the boon because of the bug. They have to fix this or i dont see how they will keep people playing this game. Right now its almost unplayable
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    neirgara wrote: »
    Perhaps, that change is not intended for Tiamat-Goers.

There are also players, who prefer to collect chests and treasures to exchange them for Linus Favor.

I would have liked to see an increase in buyable passive companion slots. I still have 10 companions in my bank, that I would like to bind...
    Its clearly for this reason and i m much happy
  • echeydeecheyde Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To see some fixes we have to wait 15 days, I hope three months to see if the "metagame" returns to normal, Welcome to the times of open beta.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is that it?
    I was expecting something like, I dunno, class balance, bug fixes, etc.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • syrickwolfsyrickwolf Member Posts: 102
    edited April 2015
    and now my hr gets to go back to not being wanted in anymore dungeons. gg cryptic.
  • kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All well and good for some,
    but when you can barely play due to Mod 6 induced lag,
    these fixes mean little.

:(
  • katerrotkaterrot Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Patch Notes: NW.45.20150416c.4

Devoted Cleric: Resolved an issue with Hastening Light giving more Action Points than intended.

This bug is still not fixed. Clerics with a bug and Hammer of Fate destroy any desire to go to PVP.
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fix mob damage/stats in Dungeons and certain areas

Give this game some balance back.

It's insane.

If you really want to make more money, cater to the casual players too.
    If they have fun playing your game, they will in time start chipping in.

You can get as much money as you have already got from those who buy loads of zen to max out their builds.
    There will be nothing more for them to buy eventually.

It's the players who find these absurd stat changes/damage that you can't keep in the game anymore you're gonna miss out from.

This has turned from fun into a struggle at best.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    katerrot wrote: »
    Patch Notes: NW.45.20150416c.4

Devoted Cleric: Resolved an issue with Hastening Light giving more Action Points than intended.

This bug is still not fixed. Clerics with a bug and Hammer of Fate destroy any desire to go to PVP.

... bugs should be fixed.. but what exactly is your issue with hammer.. it blows still honestly. U dying to that?
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im sickened that several of my toons STILL are not playable.

HOW is this not the top issue in the game is beyond me, we need some answers here guys.
This discussion has been closed.