test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Message Regarding Neverwinter: Elemental Evil

Comments

• alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    At least you got to play eLoL. I was immediately kicked at least half a dozen times from eLoL today just because I was an HR. Eventually I got a group willing to take me in, and we beat it after a couple of tries.

I hate that. Sorry to hear it happened to you. There are many times I zone into a dungeon and get kicked on my HR because they automatically assume I am useless and dumb. My HR actually provides a ton of CC keeping everything rooted and dazed. Their loss.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why are people kicking hr's? I'm usually top dps or 2nd if someone else already has t2 epics. Not to mention all the awesome cc. I've been kicked when I join pug at the boss in elol, but it's always by a group that has no heals or tank, so I understand. Honestly it's not the kicking I think pisses most people off. It's the way they do it. A simple we need a tank/healer would go a long ways.
  • senseiwasdsenseiwasd Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote:
    It is more than 1% who think the difficulty is fine
    Then they aren't playing this game.

Never, in a single player max level area, with high end equipment, has it taken over an hour to complete just the intro quest.

Never has an epic skirmish, with high end equipment, risked a full party kill with every single encounter.

Never has the difficulty curve been this broken. Not even in the alpha.

The game difficulty needs to be more consistent. You spend 1-60 being a god. 61-69 you slowly feel more and more pain. Then suddenly, at 70, you're a fly on the windshield of a Mack truck, and all the 61-69 areas get MORE difficult, rather than less.

And really, a tank/healer can't do nuttin for you in eLOL, once you reach that dragon. All the deaths are insta-kill (and the few that aren't bypass mitigation AND blocks). Playing mostly tank/healers, I find this infuriating, and would kill for a party with four HR's. Anything but DPS is pointless there.
    edited May 2015
    alisi1 wrote: »
    Why are people kicking hr's?

Back in the day, HR's lived in everyone's shadow. Nobody wanted a HR around. That mindset still floats around to this day.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
    edited May 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    Back in the day, HR's lived in everyone's shadow. Nobody wanted a HR around. That mindset still floats around to this day.
    I know. I was around in those dark days. Figured there must be a new reason.
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Damage-wise my stormwarden is lovely. No complaints there really, especially since they added cordon of arrows/plant growth. Now, surviving long enough to DO damage is another thing entirely.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    @ ajames127, at least you didn't get screwed by having faith in them and dropping $100 on NW, only to miss out on the sale
    Good way to bend people over and boost sales. Make the game unplayable if we don't spec your way and give money and companions away to those on the fence. Is that really the message you wanted to send to people like me, who believed in you? 'Cause that's what you made ring loud and clear.
    I'm getting angry, for what little it matters, the more I think about the events of the past few weeks (since I hit 60) and mod6 came out. But, I'd like to hold on to hope that it makes a difference. Maybe they are listening and reading this thread, but are so overwhelmed they can't respond. Maybe they are fixing mod 6 and can't devote the resources to say so. But, they violated my faith in them so severely, I'm hard pressed to continue, to put out for them (in spirit, I already got f'd on cash) while they prepare to f-over XBOne users.
    I just want to grab the new players (on PC and XBOne) and shake them: "I loved this game and Cryptic F'd me! They don't care about you and you shouldn't spend a dime until they get their s*** together. Mod 6 will ruin your experience! stop playing now!" But, I know that means any chance of revisiting the pseudo-content and changes would be nullified.

I find myself at an ethical impasse. And no game should present this kind of situation, unless it is in the context of the content. You shouldn't ask me to lie for you and say it is "fun" when it isn't. In fact, this thread started with the admission that you screwed up. Severely. Not you personally, but as a company, you let the players down - you let your selves down. Why do we fall...

You have hundreds of maker/players and thousands of fans. We want to help you get back up. Listening is only the first step. You need to talk back to us. Communication is not a one-way street. I would buy a PS4 to play mod 5 on it. I would regret every cent spent on it, if I got mod 6, as I regret every cent spent on it now. Let us help you make gobs of money on this IP. It has potential, but you're actions and lack of words make us all feel like you don't care about either money or players. We are confused and angry. The first action you took, in light of people reporting insane difficulty, broken classes, etc... was to cut back the value of otherwise meaningful campaigns and fix bugs which could be exploited to survive the content you (Cryptic's NW team - not you personally) George Lucased.

Give us a more expansive world. Give us the ability to play with and help each other. Give us our heroes back. Let us be those people we can't be. Let us be the heroes we wish we could be.

Give us D&D.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why are people kicking hr's? I'm usually top dps or 2nd if someone else already has t2 epics. Not to mention all the awesome cc. I've been kicked when I join pug at the boss in elol, but it's always by a group that has no heals or tank, so I understand. Honestly it's not the kicking I think pisses most people off. It's the way they do it. A simple we need a tank/healer would go a long ways.

Im just guessing here but most likely they're kicking you hoping that a DC or tank shows up. I've been in groups that have done that and I've also been the guy being kicked 20 times because I keep getting put into a parties waiting for a DC or tank lol. It sucks but what else can you do.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It never happened in mod 5. It's happening now because everyone knows that HR's are WiS in mod 6. Not enough defense to handle taking aggro from the DPS classes and not enough DPS to be considered one of them. The infuriating part is that the devs likely weren't even targeting HR's -- we're just collateral damage :mad:
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited May 2015
    It never happened in mod 5. It's happening now because everyone knows that HR's are WiS in mod 6. Not enough defense to handle taking aggro from the DPS classes and not enough DPS to be considered one of them. The infuriating part is that the devs likely weren't even targeting HR's -- we're just collateral damage :mad:

Beg to differ on the damage there, sir. It would be fine if our survivability was better than say, a water balloon in a box of kittens. As it stands though, we'd need to be able to OSK everything to stay upright. Even then it would be dicey.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
    edited May 2015
    snotty wrote: »
    Im just guessing here but most likely they're kicking you hoping that a DC or tank shows up. I've been in groups that have done that and I've also been the guy being kicked 20 times because I keep getting put into a parties waiting for a DC or tank lol. It sucks but what else can you do.

If I random queue, that is normally when I see a kick, zoning in at the end boss. A few times at the start of a fresh one, never during the dungeon. Problem is that they don't even give me a chance. I could of been the very edge they needed to push for a win. I've done mod 6 elol and vt groups in all dps. It's possible and depends on the players.

Either way, the queue logic is all messed up right now. If the content is pushed to needing a tank and healer, then why drop in a random DPS to fill the slot? It's the same when I play on my OP. We could use a tank but they dump in a TR or other DPS class? Cryptic should just save everyone the headache and give a proper group composition if the queue system is used.

werewolf.jpg
  • synslaughtersynslaughter Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Something of a personal gripe of mine: the DPS cleric is persona non grata in group content.

Mind, before the inevitable "get outta the game, useless!" begins, the developers themselves gave the nod to the build. So much so that they reinvented the third feat path precisely for us, and to excellent effect (prior to Module 6, that is.)

While the damage is still good, there is one slot and one slot only available to clerics in a pug scenario: healer. Pure healer. We cannot assign ourselves or select an option to fill a DPS slot, thus whatever group we find ourselves with spots us and assumes (then later demands and screeches and yips like obnoxious small breeds of dog) that we are to serve them like AI companions.

I don't mind re-slotting powers to do more healing if the group composition calls for it or a group member requests it, however - after having my cleric play style finally supported by the game-given options during character creation and leveling - it's damnably frustrating to have a significant portion of endgame content effectively cordoned off because the difficulty level requires a prefabricated healbot (still, STILL!) wearing level-60 T1 gear from dungeons no longer in existence. (Yeah, there's still a huge call for full High Prophet-or-geeteeeffo.)

A good bit of the problem does stem from the difficulty issue, but it also represents a longer-standing bias clerics have faced since the game was in beta. Along the lengthy stretch of bugs, lag/client problems and imbalances, it'd be worth having a look at this'un.
    I have the ability to heal you. A shield to protect you. Blades to slay your foes. Magic! So I'm a tiefling, so what? We have a common enemy, and a common goal. Here, you can put ornaments on my horns if it'll put you at ease.
  • khaymanbb1023khaymanbb1023 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Getting to 70 is fine, it's what to do AFTER 70 and all the new areas are done, is the real issue. The only way to get BiS gear is to pug dungeons, get your daily allotment of Seals, pvp for Glory, and you are done. There is no need to grind anything else, period. WoD? Rewards are junk, you already received your main/offhand. Likely had Linu pre-Mod 6 so you bought your Lostmauth or Greater items. Then, when you finally pug your way through a month's worth of dungeons, you buy the BiS gear from the Seal vendor and what, go to Icewind Dale? Well of Dragons? FOR WHAT! The goal of a game like this is no end game. If there was an endgame, there is no way to keep players. You need to add content, you need to add new maps, you need to add new gear, you need to add new GRINDS, new campaigns, new ideas, etc. with new rewards to give incentive to play as often as possible. Prior to Mod 6 I logged on daily, morning and night, took vacation when new mods were released, anxiously awaiting the new areas to explore. Now, less than a month after this new mod's release, I log in and don't know what to do. Can't hit IWD, as I get instakilled by a wolf. Can't go to WoD as the peon's there hit me for 30,000 damage at a time. And Yes, I have gear. I used Glory to create Burning Executioner Set. I used black ice gear to create new gear. I have new main/off purple, my 4 arties legendary (one green), trans negation, pure vorpal and terror. So what, is the Seal gear better than this? Not for the HR, it's just different stats...I pvp a few times, maybe run the two seed quests, then turn on my tv. I want to be obsessed with this game again people!
    Yes, the new areas are neat, but they are re-made areas! I own hundreds of D&D books, there are tons of cities/towns that can be incorporated into this game. We need a progressive grind reward system to be set up for our daily incentive to play, and that is no longer there for us post-70 guys.
    I think what these guys need to understand is that, if we have a game we love, we will spend our money on it. If the prices are cheap to buy zen transfer to AD and buy BoE rp's, we'll do that. But with everything being bound, prices are skyrocketing, and that is the causing the opposite of what they are trying to achieve. People are saying it's too expensive so they don't spend. Sure, some things need to be bound to account, but to the extent where they are tightening wallets is counter-intuitive to what they need to do. They need to give an incentive so people will spend their hard-earned money on a free-to-play game. They need each person to drop $5 or $10 every month or so, not exist only on those few that drop thousands. Just like real life, these games run parallel to real life economics, and their current pace is bankrupting themselves.
  • blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What players need, and I would think by now the major issues the players have are known is some word from the Devs on what they are prepared to change and what they are not, with at least a rough time frame. Whilst changing quest's etc would be impractical, I think most players would be happy if the Shar/DR/WOD/IWD were returned to pre mod 6, and the numbers used to calculate damage/gear/npc's were worked over to a similar pre Mod 6 structure. As khaymanbb1023 wrote above the Zen/AD price etc needs a overhaul so the average player wants to buy more. For instance often you get a piece of gear you really like, but its hugely expensive to modify appearances, plus you lose the original. If it was cheaper, and you did'nt lose the original, I expect it would happen way more often. Enchanting, a less than 1 percent chance once past a certain level... I have had multiple failures at 75 percent... and how much to protect your enchantments... a lot. There are so many areas you could do things differently, make all companions go to max level or at least do'nt make it insane amounts of AD. My Lillend was over a million to get her to max, 500k I would have considered it. People having a good time will spend money when it seems fair in both price and content. But right now the game it self needs triage. I want a reason to re-create my characters and possibly a few new ones.
    edited May 2015
    Yes. Communication is overdue, and updates will be required.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2015

WiS? I beg to differ, SWs have been beaten yet again with the nerf stick, we had no way to mitigate damage before, but lifesteal made it oh so easy to catch up on the beatings we took so we were still on par with other classes; now with life steal being what it is, we drop dead like flies before we get to even start a rotation.
    edited May 2015
    If hrs are worst in spot then this game is full of horrible players. Maybe there are just too many bad hrs playing.
    edited May 2015
    If hrs are worst in spot then this game is full of horrible players. Maybe there are just too many bad hrs playing.
    My HR didn't suck at all until mod 6. In fact, I was pretty d*mned good at soloing that toon though some fairly rough content (see: WoD lairs). Take away all my defenses and suddenly it's an L2P issue.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
    edited May 2015
    oops double post
    edited May 2015
    I would say the same, my HR was the hardest work out of my three characters (others being a TR and DC) soloing, but she was far from impossible until mod 6 (ref to post mod 6 Shar/DR/IWD/WOD etc ). I did get her up to level 66 before the grind wore me out (two to 66 one to70). Did always seem odd that my DC had longer ranged attacks (may have been her build). Note: she did have draconic/vorpal/soul forged etc, I wasn't cheap on gear.
    edited May 2015
    blannde wrote: »
    I would say the same, my HR was the hardest work out of my three characters (others being a TR and DC) soloing, but she was far from impossible until mod 6 (ref to post mod 6 Shar/DR/IWD/WOD etc ). I did get her up to level 66 before the grind wore me out (two to 66 one to70). Did always seem odd that my DC had longer ranged attacks (may have been her build). Note: she did have draconic/vorpal/soul forged etc, I wasn't cheap on gear.

Yep. I ran corrupted black ice with greater black dragon and greater lethal corrupted black ice enchantments, Perfect vorpal, soulforged, epic lathander's belt and cloak, various epic artifacts, personalized archmage 2 slot rings, a legendary golden dragon's tooth, Ioun stone of allure, I have all the non-pvp boons, rank 7-9 enchants. All in all about a 19.6k gear score.

...so my shock at suddenly being the weak link was profound to say the least. If all that gear stuff sounds like bragging, I apologize, I only mentioned it to illustrate a point. :/

I feel bad for anyone just getting into this game and choosing an HR as their main.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
    edited May 2015
    Get where your coming from re mentioning the gear, mod 6 effectivly made a lot of stats worthless on items we had either worked hard to get or paid for, in my case a bit of both, only my TR had managed to get some black ice armour etc prior to the change. Changing the under lying system and calculations without suitably changing the existing gears stat was a mistake, or alternatively some method where we were not left feeling all the work/money we had spent so far was for nothing. And before someone mentions salvage or using it to refine other armour, lets be honest the value you were given was pathetic...
  • peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had no where near the set up you had. But, my HR was a killing machine in her own right, when managed meticulously. SW, Fighter, Soulforged (which is now useless), Plaguefire (which is now pointless), full Warden gear for armor (thank God for my guild&AH helping me complete it), mix of 6&7 rank Dark and Radiant.
    I'm not a cut-it-in-half HR player, a switch constantly. But, without the lifesteal I put points in (which I did again, not knowing the respec was b/c they made it useless), I'm now worthless.
    I'm no longer a hero, I'm a weak link. A liability, who can throw up a single dodge, so everyone can have enough hope at survival to really feel the pain and anger of getting let down by 2-hit-FPK, instead of a 1-hit-FPK, when facing minions. I don't blame anyone for kicking me now. Its not a matter of people not knowing I used to be 2nd in DPS: I wouldn't want a glass squirt-gun in a party either. It's just a lot of hope at having fun getting ripped away, accentuating the fact that the game has turned on the players above 60. Actually, its turned on all players at any level, because it can down-grade you to death, as an at-will. Which is why I'm not taking my Pally beyond 60. It just isn't worth the 192 grind missions and the pain of getting killed over and over and over afterwards...
    edited May 2015
    Devs please note, the references to lack of fun in the most of the posts, no one plays hoping to rage quit or be tortured with either frustration or tedium. Yes players want a challenge, but it has to be fun doing it.
    edited May 2015
    for now the paladin is still pretty overpowered. it might be easier to level it now rather than post-nerf. keep in mind the only missions you really have to do (and you don't HAVE to) are the ones in spinward. I do find the paladin a little boring. mine's sitting at 66 right now and I can't be arsed to go further at the moment. Boring toon/boring grind = finding other things to do.

I just don't understand why they couldn't make all the campaigns scale to your level, then made all the elemental stuff only accessible at 70 with their jacked up difficulty (and perhaps a touch less jacked up than it is now). How are people supposed to get their campaign boons now if they don't have time to team? Yeesh. what a mess.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok i was done with the leveling of my TR, so decided to take the big hurdle and do it with my GWF, while we all wait for some major fixes.

I was nearly shocked to see, that my GWF can't heal himself at all! Yes, not even by campfire, zero effect. I tried to log in and out, restart client, nothing helps, he is still at half health.

BTW power and feat points still not assignable, can't really advance in that way too.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• senseiwasdsenseiwasd Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    discorice wrote:
    for now the paladin is still pretty overpowered. it
    Ya'll keep saying this, and I know ya'll ain't never played a Paladin at level 70.

Absolutely useless. Can't heal well enough to be useful, as there's no contingency heal (granted only Divine Gift DC's have that). The resurrection aura doesn't work (even if it did, it'd be the same effect as a soul forge enchantment, for one guy, every four minutes), and if they get knocked over they lose all their charge, losing all their emergency heals for the remainder of the encounter. As tanks, they are far too squishy, can't defend the party nearly so well as a GF, the control-immunity aura is bugged and fails 1/3 times, often fails to absorb damage even when it does work, and they have squat for DPS.

Yeah, that knife from the sky daily may one-hit <60 mini-bosses, with that 75% crit severity... But really, after 60, and especially at 70, this class goes straight to the trash.
    edited May 2015
    senseiwasd wrote: »
    Ya'll keep saying this, and I know ya'll ain't never played a Paladin at level 70.

Absolutely useless. Can't heal well enough to be useful, as there's no contingency heal (granted only Divine Gift DC's have that). The resurrection aura doesn't work (even if it did, it'd be the same effect as a soul forge enchantment, for one guy, every four minutes), and if they get knocked over they lose all their charge, losing all their emergency heals for the remainder of the encounter. As tanks, they are far too squishy, can't defend the party nearly so well as a GF, the control-immunity aura is bugged and fails 1/3 times, often fails to absorb damage even when it does work, and they have squat for DPS.

Yeah, that knife from the sky daily may one-hit <60 mini-bosses, with that 75% crit severity... But really, after 60, and especially at 70, this class goes straight to the trash.

I did actually say I hadn't gotten to 70. I will also say the grind up to 66 was really easy compared to my GF. THAT was a slog running almost pure protector, and solo for the most part. I'm not at 70 now with my tankadin, but I can solo dread ring missions and lairs, and take down all the mobs big or small in Spinward Rise with lvl 61-66 blue gear. I am using ensorcelled mulhorand main and offhand, and perfect plaguefire. That certainly helps. Can it really be just that, though? I'll try some stuff later with more normal gear and see if i feel the same way I guess. At this point his damage is potent for a tank, and that's just at-wills and encounters.

But don't get me wrong: I know things take a nose dive at 70. I have a guild mate in my very tiny guild that has a lvl 70 tankadin, and he's spoken of getting OSK'd in dungeons, and I saw the massive dip in defenses my HR had going from 60-70. I don't think anything is working like it's supposed to. The only reason I'm saying a big nerf is coming is because it always does with new classes. Frankly I don't think anything on the player side needs nerfed, I just see it as an inevitability.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Negation Enchantment:

Beside
    10% Incoming Healing
    10% Recovery
    30% Damage Resistance

All this as a Nonstop buff, It's simply too much!
    and the main Problem is this:

["each hit increase stacks" ]

this is it,
    what this Enhancement extremely overpowered makes.

A way to Balance it could be:
    [Only 1x stack per Second / 1-2 Sec Between]

I think this could help really, to Balance it and
    make it fair opposite to the other enchantments,
    without decreasing the Stats.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
    edited May 2015
    On paper that sounds strong, but given what we're up against i don't think anybody should be nerfing any more defensive buffs or enchantments.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet