test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This coveted companion is yours to keep!

karok73karok73 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Got that email earlier today and redeemed it. The companion isn't showing up at the claim agent, like the redemption said it would. :(
Post edited by karok73 on

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Where does it say you get a companion? It says "Trove of Elemental Evil."
    It's a chest in the Promo tab and you get a "chance" at several different things.
    Not a guaranteed companion.
  • kuroshiro31337kuroshiro31337 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Where does it say you get a companion? It says "Trove of Elemental Evil."
    It's a chest in the Promo tab and you get a "chance" at several different things.
    Not a guaranteed companion.

I received this same email this morning, which states you get a companion. This isn't a Trove of Elemental Evil thing. However, when I try to redeem the code, it says it doesn't work.
  • neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    whats the code?
  • karok73karok73 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015

That's the chest email promotion. This is a different one for a Drow companion.
    edited April 2015
    mekols wrote: »
    whats the code?
    <removed> is the code
    edited April 2015
    karok73 wrote: »
    <removed> is the code

code dont work, so i guess its a 1 time code only, how you guys got it?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    It's more likely this is a promotion for the Drow Mercenary companion. Did you look at the date on the email? Do you already have the Drow Mercenary companion?

Could you copy and paste the email's contents? Be sure to remove your email address and the code before posting though.
    You may also wish to contact Support with full details.
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    It's more likely this is a promotion for the Drow Mercenary companion. Did you look at the date on the email? Do you already have the Drow Mercenary companion?

Could you copy and paste the email's contents? Be sure to remove your email address and the code before posting though.

how do i get a companion from the drow merchary?
    edited April 2015

Yes, it's for the Drow Mercenary. Don't already have him. I'm on my phone right now, otherwise I would copy/paste. If it doesn't show up at the claim vendor later today, I'll get ahold of support
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    how do i get a companion from the drow merchary?

You misunderstand. There is a companion called a "Mercenary" that is a drow. I am assuming that is what this email was about from karok's reply above and the code itself. Which lead me to believe the user found an old email and may already have the companion.
    Yes, it's for the Drow Mercenary. Don't already have him. I'm on my phone right now, otherwise I would copy/paste. If it doesn't show up at the claim vendor later today, I'll get ahold of support
    Thanks! Good luck!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can someone clarify this for me - the code that was posted seemed to only give a chance box, (from which I got paladin fire weapon transmutes). Now, I know the original promo code was shut down, but were we supposed to get a companion from the newer one that was given?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited April 2015
    You misunderstand. There is a companion called a "Mercenary" that is a drow. I am assuming that is what this email was about from karok's reply above and the code itself. Which lead me to believe the user found an old email and may already have the companion.

Thanks! Good luck!

ah, so there is no way of getting this companion now?
    edited April 2015
    This is not an old promo, it's a current one.

neverwinter%20promo_zpsia1atllj.png
    edited April 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Can someone clarify this for me - the code that was posted seemed to only give a chance box, (from which I got paladin fire weapon transmutes). Now, I know the original promo code was shut down, but were we supposed to get a companion from the newer one that was given?

No, this is a separate promotion.
    edited April 2015
    No, this is a separate promotion.

then how do i get accses to this promo?
    edited April 2015
    then how do i get accses to this promo?

I have no idea... it was in a email.
    edited April 2015
    Thanks! I'll send some messages out and see if I can get any details on this. As it is the weekend, I may not get any information until Monday. I'll try though. :)

I strongly suggest to go ahead and file a Support ticket though, since Support has been working weekends lately.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    A bound transmute... oh goodie...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    If this is the guy:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Mercenary_(Companion)

then I already have him. However, I was expecting a blue quality companion since it said "Rare", which is why I didn't think it was this particular companion.
    edited April 2015
    Thanks! I'll send some messages out and see if I can get any details on this. As it is the weekend, I may not get any information until Monday. I'll try though. :)

I strongly suggest to go ahead and file a Support ticket though, since Support has been working weekends lately.

thx, it would suck if only some people get this, i want this companion too =)
    edited April 2015
    If this is the guy:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Mercenary_(Companion)

then I already have him. However, I was expecting a blue quality companion since it said "Rare", which is why I didn't think it was this particular companion.

Yeah, that's the companion I was talking about, so that may be why your code isn't working for you. From your email, it sounds like you'll be getting another gift tomorrow if you log in again. Perhaps tomorrow's will be something you don't have and you'll be able to see if that one works?
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, that's the companion I was talking about, so that may be why your code isn't working for you. From your email, it sounds like you'll be getting another gift tomorrow if you log in again. Perhaps tomorrow's will be something you don't have and you'll be able to see if that one works?

Thanks for checking into things and appreciate the help.

Edit to add:

Actually, didn't get anything at all for logging in today. Maybe it will happen tomorrow?
  • skandranon68skandranon68 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would not mind to get that companion too....
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for checking into things and appreciate the help.

Edit to add:

Actually, didn't get anything at all for logging in today. Maybe it will happen tomorrow?

Wait... reading comprehension FTW...

after re-reading the email, sounds like all items will come on/after May 3rd?
  • jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Um, it says before May 3 . . .
    edited April 2015
    jiinks wrote: »
    Um, it says before May 3 . . .

"before midnight ON May 3rd "
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "before midnight ON May 3rd "

That wording is tricky. 00:00 on May 3rd STARTS the day, it doesn't end it, so if that's what they meant, it means before 23:59 on May 2nd.

Anyway. Am I the only one deeply bothered by these random promos claiming to be 'rewarding' random people for supporting the game, but then many, many people who have also been supporting the game get nothing? This is just as bad as the 'Neverwinter Enthusiast Pack'.

If anyone is in charge of this kind of promotions reads this: this does not inspire faith in the company for most people. Everyone who didn't get the promotion will probably find out about it eventually and question why they - people who support the game, people who have been playing since beta - are not being 'rewarded' for being a 'veteran' or 'enthusiast'.

It's fine if you're trying to target and encourage certain parts of your player base to play more, but I don't think irritating people who you aren't targeting (and thereby 'encouraging' them to STOP supporting the game) is a good way to do it.
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That wording is tricky. 00:00 on May 3rd STARTS the day, it doesn't end it, so if that's what they meant, it means before 23:59 on May 2nd.

Anyway. Am I the only one deeply bothered by these random promos claiming to be 'rewarding' random people for supporting the game, but then many, many people who have also been supporting the game get nothing? This is just as bad as the 'Neverwinter Enthusiast Pack'.

If anyone is in charge of this kind of promotions reads this: this does not inspire faith in the company for most people. Everyone who didn't get the promotion will probably find out about it eventually and question why they - people who support the game, people who have been playing since beta - are not being 'rewarded' for being a 'veteran' or 'enthusiast'.

It's fine if you're trying to target and encourage certain parts of your player base to play more, but I don't think irritating people who you aren't targeting (and thereby 'encouraging' them to STOP supporting the game) is a good way to do it.

Nope, you're not the only one.

I've been actively playing this game since open beta and haven't recieved a single one of these "loyalty" or "veteran neverwinter supporter".

And you're right it doesn't inspire faith in the company. Instead it makes me feel like they don't care that I've been playing this game for almost two years, or that I've spent money that I had to work hard to earn on their game and quite frankly is somewhat insulting.
  • jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Midnight can mean either the start of the day (00:00) or the end of the day (24:00). So yes, it's an ambiguous statement. But either way, if it's before May 3's "midnight", that means logging in today should "count".