edited April 2015 in The Library
Hi there
Anybody test it already?
Post edited by ly4icolnca on

Comments

• angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, I have it at blue level.
    It does a bit less damage than Storm Spell on a HIGH crit build.

Here is an example of what it is capable of with the last patch (this is without DC daily):
    2rfr6n6.png
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    IE, it's BiS for CW currently. If you don't take it, you're doing it wrong.

It still remains a thing that might change in the patches, but given that it DIDN'T, HA! I'll be taking it pronto.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It really looks op even after fix, but i cant stand str and dext on belt... NERF NAU!!1 :rolleyes:
  • ly4icolncaly4icolnca Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Tnx for ACT sample
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's easy to calculate the value of the Lostmauth set bonus.

Since Valindra set only give control bonus/resist, then it can be ignored in the comparison.
    The stat of the 2 set are equivalent so only the buff to INT/CHA should be accounted.
    For this example, I will say that my mage have only 50% real crit chance (it's a lot more in reality but it's easier for the demonstration).
    Lostmauth set add weapon damage (~1k) to every crit so it lead to adding 500 damages to every attack with 50% crit chance.
    +2 INT increase damage by ~2% and +2 CHA increase crit chance by 2% resulting in another 1% damage increase (at 50% crit chance and 100% severity). Total are +3% damages.
    So we have 3% = 500 damage for both set to be on part.
    So average damage should be around 16.6k for both set to be equal.

+ effective crit chance are more around 70%+, it's in favour of Lostmauth set.
    + set bonus damage are between 2k and 22k (see ACT result), it's in favour of Lostmauth set.

How to be balance Lostmauth set ? (select one or more)
    + giving it an ICD
    + changing it's damage for not being amplified/buff/... (always 100% damage)
    + giving it a proc chance
    + restricting the power that can proc it.
    + restrict class choice

PS: I'm curious to see what it can do with a MoF.
    edited April 2015
    Also keep in mind that all natural Spell Storm procs are 100% crit.
    Mine show up as less because of the Artifact offhand spellstorm ability generates non crits. -- At least we know 1 offhand artifact ability works.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I went with the vt set because I figure there's no way the LOL set stays the same. Its really, really absurd the way it is. Although given how long its probably going to take to get proper fixes and balances it may be the best for a real length of time.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The problem is icy terrain being able to proc things. There is a reason gor which path of the blade for example is not.. and its the same reason.
    Right now it would need 3 sec icd and being able to proc on single target only.
    Looking at the act screenshot there is no way it will stay the same
    edited April 2015
    Just imagine as MoF, it can proc from all DoT. If you add the debuff from Swath of Destruction, the result is just absurd.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    But it's.... STR/DEX! THE two most useless stats for a CW. (At least CON gives HP.)

Is 10% control bonus really *that* worthless that it's now worth it to get an arti belt that gives useless ability stats?
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone who's looking at the parses knows the set bonus isn't suppose to be doing 20-30% of your damage.

It'll get heavily nerfed, so buyers beware.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nathyiel wrote: »
    Lostmauth set add weapon damage (~1k) to every crit so it lead to adding 500 damages to every attack with 50% crit chance.

There's where your math is off. The Lostmauth set bonus is doing 11k average damage in the above parse, not 500. I acquired a set and tested it on preview and got about the same thing: ~23% of my total damage.

The reason I tested it on preview is because I am very wary about equipping it and making it bound. It's so far better than any other set that it's preposterous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nah, just bad math. A lot of mechanisms deals DoT damage from %x weapon damage. I thought Lostmauth works similar to Razor Action.
    @angrymanagement Can you give me timestamps in Losmauth Vengeance from ACT?
    edited April 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    But it's.... STR/DEX! THE two most useless stats for a CW. (At least CON gives HP.)

Is 10% control bonus really *that* worthless that it's now worth it to get an arti belt that gives useless ability stats?

10% control bonus is useless imo... I have no interest in farming the Black Ice set, which leaves the Valindra set....and well 10% control bonus on T2 mobs wouldn't even be perceptible I don't think. So, it puts int/char (which I love) vs a minor 2nd spell storm.

hawkend wrote: »
    Nah, just bad math. A lot of mechanisms deals DoT damage from %x weapon damage. I thought Lostmauth works similar to Razor Action.
    @angrymanagement Can you give me timestamps in Losmauth Vengeance from ACT?

I don't keep the parses, just some screenshots to look back at. Can get one, but there is no cooldown as far as I know. If you crit, it activates. 55-60%+ crit + chaos nexus (or EoTS if your Thaum) equates to a lot of crits.
    edited April 2015
    @abaddon : I love when people stop reading my explanation mid-way. Can you please restart by reading what I say just 4 lines below :
    + effective crit chance are more around 70%+, it's in favour of Lostmauth set.
    + set bonus damage are between 2k and 22k (see ACT result), it's in favour of Lostmauth set.
    1k damage is what it should be doing.

But all in all, you just made this crit for trolling as we are all here OK to say that this set is OP for CW.
    And I say that it need to be heavily nerfed or corrected.
    edited April 2015
    Orb of Elemental Fire at Rank 35 has weapon damage of 1,170 - 1,430.
    Add to that the debuffs (average 169.9% effectiveness on lostmauths - i think 200% is the highest I have seen).
    Based on the 3 piece description, it should be doing weapon damage.
    If we take the average attack (all crits) of 10,305.25 & take into account the 169.9% effectiveness, that leaves us with 6065.47969393761.
    Now reverse that through the crit formula (which I assume is still valid in mod 6) we get a hit damage of around 2516.8 damage.
    (92.1 + 50 (pvorp) = 142.1% crit sev or 2.421 / x = 6065.48 or x = 2516.796680497925)
    If you take damage modifiers into account such as Powers (48% modifier based on tooltip) and Chilling Presence stacked 6 deep, I suspect it is doing about weapon damage as its base damage.

That being said, no other 3 piece compares with this set currently.
    edited April 2015
    In fact, it's really like Abyss of Chaos before the nerf.
    The question is at what level should be the damage to be at best on part with Valindra set.
    And yes, 15% control bonus is really low.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just imagine as MoF, it can proc from all DoT. If you add the debuff from Swath of Destruction, the result is just absurd.

Which would make MoF play a plausible one, no? It would compensate for their lack of burst. I opt that there should be a set similar to this one, but with INT/CHA version as well as the one with DEX/CON version. A strike on critical strike is a very good thing because

a) It's an end-game set.
    b) Why the hell not?
    c) Why the hell not, again?
    d) Anyone can/could wear it.
    e) Unless VT set gives 50% more control I'd never, ever change my Black Ice set for it, especially given how immune mobs are to the controlling effects now.
    f) I'm really, really, really sick of 3set items that suck major ballz. This at least has some use and makes people to have a thing GOING for them, organizing runs to elol etc. Things that you can actually sell, buy and/or get along the line.

I believe that Lostmauth should remain the way it is now. It's already fixed. It's a good DPS item, best one for a GWF. Strong GWFs that deal damage is a good thing.

If you're afraid of the set, then don't use it.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you forgot the fact we are control wizards:) if i want play something for damage only i will not play cw:)
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @abaddon : I love when people stop reading my explanation mid-way. Can you please restart by reading what I say just 4 lines below :

1k damage is what it should be doing.

But all in all, you just made this crit for trolling as we are all here OK to say that this set is OP for CW.
    And I say that it need to be heavily nerfed or corrected.

Apologies. The first line of your post made it seem as though you were attempting to calculate and compare the damage output of the sets as is. It wasn't clear that you were calculating it as it should be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    Here is a screenshot showing procs:
    11mba8l.png
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Probably the best set nowadays for dps.
    I saw 15% to hr, 17% to tr and 20% to gwf(insane mod6 weapon dmg) contributing to their overall dmg.
    Probably good for CW too.
    Its shame its useless stats but still awesome dps the set alone.
    edited April 2015
    you forgot the fact we are control wizards:) if i want play something for damage only i will not play cw:)

CW can be respecced for damage like anybody else. Before mod5 I never wandered that priests can do dps and here we go...
  • parswindparswind Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    probably it'll get nerfed. as good as its sounds to have +25% damage boost with an item, but i think its wrong.no item should provide such amount of boost for dps. its even worse than having passive abilities provide big portion of our damage.

the items and passives have to boost other aspect of our abilities, like +5% crit chance, or +5% damage or +15% control duration. things like +25% damage or +40% crit chance are destroyer of other viable options and playing styles, making default meta CW and making testing and creativity invalid.

the game is more fun and enjoyable when there are different roles and play styles that they can compete fairly with each others, both in term of power and feat selection and available items [or class].

sorry if my post have language errors,english is my 3rd language
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People are trying to justify the massive DPS boost for the Lostmauth set. I could agree with it IF the other set bonuses were comparable, but they're not even close. When the set is so good people are giving up +4 points in their main attributes to get it, you know it's broken.

You can keep equivocating, but it will get nerfed down to about a 3-5% damage boost.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you forgot the fact we are control wizards:)

Nobody has forgotten that. That's why we're talking about DPS.

if i want play something for damage only i will not play cw:)

To each, his own.
    People are trying to justify the massive DPS boost for the Lostmauth set. I could agree with it IF the other set bonuses were comparable, but they're not even close. When the set is so good people are giving up +4 points in their main attributes to get it, you know it's broken.

I've got to agree. It won't last long, and there is no way I'd bind those pieces to me, unless I had millions and millions of AD to throw away.
    edited April 2015
    Exactly. It's the same as the Emblem healing nerf. People spent millions of AD to get an advantage for a couple weeks...then they complained that it got nerfed.

Don't try to justify it. But enjoy it while it lasts.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    emblem was abusive for a long *** time, i hope they fix this faster
    edited April 2015
    you forgot the fact we are control wizards:)

And don't forget control means aoe dmg in D&D!