Options

Lostmauth set for CW pve

2»

Comments

• Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

You can keep equivocating, but it will get nerfed down to about a 3-5% damage boost.

Until then:
    - They make good money from HE or WOD dragons or big (illegit) help to farm sets with the raised dps.
    - They find another broken/imba thingy.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Until then:
    - They make good money from HE or WOD dragons or big (illegit) help to farm sets with the raised dps.
    - They find another broken/imba thingy.

Illegit?
    Are leveling zones that are so laggy you rubberband all over the place including back to the mob you dodged from for a 1 shot death illegit?
    Are broken Rank 4 powers illegit?
    Is using feats that players provided feedback on test detailing how they worked, that were still implemented on live illegit?
    Is running content where any trash can one shot 100k health player with most attacks illegit?
    Is playing the game the way it was implemented illegit?
    I won't be surprised if the set gets nerfed, but saying using it is illegit seems pretty foolish.

I often found it interesting that some people think you shouldn't use something because they don't want to have to use it themselves.
    Neverwinter is the game implemented by Cryptic, not the game you have in your head.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People seem to forget the main problem, which isn't with the Lostmauth set on itself as much as it is about the lack of actual usefulness for a CW when it comes down to control itself.

This is an issue that has to be addressed, over and over again, because the "control" in "control wizard" is lacking massively and the Damage to Control ratio is laughable to say the least. Nobody will build their character solely for control itself because people have to play solo at certain points and it won't do justice to anyone if there's only control and no damage.

Speaking as a SpellStorm mage who doesn't use Icy Veins to solve the ongoing control problem = There's too much CC resistance with the level 70+ mobs that it's practically impossible to invest in the control.

There's the issue with the Daily Arcane Singularity

- First of all, mobs can hit you even when you cast it, so you have to dodge any ranged attack. Then, the daily usually doesn't even collect mobs adequately, unless they're really the supertrash mobs.
    - Then, it's NOT FAST, not at all fast. Compared to the MoF daily, way too slow. I'd opt to go to MoF in order to control mobs better AND also provide a proper debuff.
    - There are no attributes which reduce the casting time, something that's much needed for a CW of any sort. Instead, some spells are faster, some are slow. You can't tweak them to your liking. I know I could do this 15 years ago in different MMOs. -0.5 casting time still counts.
    - Entangling force on spell mastery lifts only one solitary target. It should lift at least three enemies on rank 4.
    - Icy Terrain should COVER MUCH WIDER AREA for each rank increase. 10ft per rank. Oppressor should have this increase even more potent.
    - Shard of Avalanche should be buffed so that it's useful for crowd control once again and the duration of the stun/prone prolonged.

As long as we don't get the much needed control, there's no point in chasing after control because

a) Doesn't pay of.
    b) Doesn't f***ing pay of in case you missed the point "a".
    c) There's no point in trying to achieve something greater, party-wise, if you need 3 CW doing the job of 1 CW. This seriously cuts the need for control and if there's any control involved it's for the sake of DPS boost since it's quite complimentary.

VT set does provide what we'd opt as CW, but it's 3/3 is so futile compared to the 3/3 that LM set offers, that it's not even a trade.

SO LET'S STOP ASKING FOR NERFS OF ARTIFACT WEAPONRY and actually BUFF other artifact gear for a change?! Perhaps then things might be "more viable" in order to have some usefulness and people don't chase the ONLY possible solution for a module that enforced and made DPS builds a MUST in order to make a success in some decent time.

Nobody wants to chase the gear that makes no real change (the one you can't even sell), that won't help with the new content whatsoever and will probably become so obsolete to the point of cursing your life for ever trying to get it, only in order to have some sort of diligence about playing this mod? No?

If anyone tells me that they're chasing the VT set for the sake of +15% control, they have to be out of their freaking mind.

CW controlling powers are BROKEN CIRCA MOD3. Do not ask for control when it's futile, and stop asking for nerfs where there's no need for any. Strong GWFs are a GOOD THING because they go in the front ROW and need that Critical Strike artifact set. There's a POINT in going to dungeons to get it. It keeps things spinning around. There's the economy machine right there. It gets nerfed? Some serious breakdowns are going to happen.

More control to the wizards! Artifact gear that actually provides 50% controlling power! For a mob that is frozen for 1 sec, that's the increase of the WHOLE 0.5 sec, wow! So OP...:rolleyes: I can't see anyone going for Lostmauth set :rolleyes: And we don't even get that to begin with.

I bet that GWFs outDPS some of the elitist CWs/SWs who now QQ for lostmauth to get nerfed, or someone cut them in slices in PvP so now it's QQ LM's op. Of course it's OP, you don't get to play since beta only to keep one enemy frozen for 3-4 sec. That is wrong on so many levels.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language