test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

bound bags

Comments

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since the bags are bound to CHARACTER, I can say, definitively, I that I will never, ever, EVER buy another Zen bag again. Period.

If they bind to account? Sure.

^^^^this.

Well, I wouldn't say "never ever", but I'll really thoroughly think that through...
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All these people calling bags now being BOE a money grab seem to have forgotten that doing Tiamat one can sometimes get bags for free, even when the Tiamat fails. Got two this way on my DC, again, for free. It's a shame people always complain but never post things like 'Thank you, Cryptic, for the free bags'. Ok, not never, because someone just did. Me.
  • cyberranger71cyberranger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    $16 for now BoE bags!? As if $10 wasn't already a lot for a single non-transferable bag. Greed in 2 ways.
    I think this is really messed up first all the lag and problems giving a code and taking it back so we can not have it. Can not level in end game content cause you die, you die, and then you just die no matter how much money you put into the game before is useless now. It is one stab in the back after another form you guys. It seems like you guys are going out of your way to end this game with no fast fix for it. I am not going to put one more dallor into this game at this rate. I waisted to much money to build up items only for them to be worthless now. You should get rid of the lowest slot bag and make the 36 slot the $10 bag with no character bound like before.
  • user4035user4035 Member Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Since the bags are bound to CHARACTER, I can say, definitively, I that I will never, ever, EVER buy another Zen bag again. Period.

If they bind to account? Sure.

ya, I just bought the paladin pack and got my first bag. Why can't the bags just be bind on account?

My buddy who used to play and got me into this game is the type who will spend alot on games like this. But he also loves to restart characters all the time. With changes like this he will never come back and play.

I thought PWE learned their lesson from from last years wave of bind on equip items. People want BIND ON ACCOUNT!!!!

If this is the direction they are going with this game to have everything bind on pickup instead of account to try and get people to soop up 1 character then I think I'm out.
    But whatever, its their business model.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gphxgphx wrote: »
    All these people calling bags now being BOE a money grab seem to have forgotten that doing Tiamat one can sometimes get bags for free, even when the Tiamat fails. Got two this way on my DC, again, for free. It's a shame people always complain but never post things like 'Thank you, Cryptic, for the free bags'. Ok, not never, because someone just did. Me.

You were incredibly lucky, then.

I ran many. Many. Many. Many. Many. MANY Tiamats , most of them wins, and got ONE bag out of all of those runs. The drop rate on the bags is ridiculous, and just because you got two of them doesn't mean they're easy to get. I myself got two Imperial Rods of Restraint off the dragon in Rothe, but how many others have grinded hundreds of dragons without even getting one?
    edited April 2015
    I highly agree it should be all bind on account not character.
  • drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I highly agree it should be all blind on account not character.

Please don't blind me. But I totally agree with what I think you meant. Bind to account keeps the goblins away just fine. Bind to character is petty.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
    edited April 2015
    Please don't blind me. But I totally agree with what I think you meant. Bind to account keeps the goblins away just fine. Bind to character is petty.
    Yeah it seems like spell checker fails me as much as this game does now.
  • draelyndraelyn Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    I just want to know why anyone working for this company thought that making all bags BtC was a good idea. All they accomplished was upsetting a lot of people, making people lose faith in their product, and dissuade people from spending their money on this game.

I actually am contemplating leaving the game over this. It's not cool. I have spent more money than I care to admit on this game, and making a move like this has made me lost faith in the game. Whats wrong with BtA? The bags are still not tradeable to other people, if they truly had our best interests in mind when making a decision like this, these bags would be BtA not BtC. I think the thought of the potential money blinded PWE to what is truly important, keeping the people who spend the money happy. And this decision is not keeping people happy.

So... I can spent 10 bucks and get a bag I can only use on 1 character ever again, or I can goto a gold seller and purchase AD dirt cheap and buy bags off the trade house for far less. Yes, I can still only use those bags on one char, but I get more bang for my buck than I do purchasing zen from PWE.

Just some food for thought, I doubt PWE even cares enough to pay people to read these forums.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Very disappointed with this. ZEN bags are hideously expensive in any case and the only minor saving grace was that they were moveable to new alt. They could at least have made them BtA...
  • dustpuppy107dustpuppy107 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I feel it's a cheap shot to encourage people to sell their bags of holding to upgrade to a Runic bag of holding as these don't bind (currently). I wouldn't have minded the bags being Bind to Account, as I use mine for levelling characters, but it puts me off spending any more money on this game when stunts like this are pulled.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    While I'm not saying that you should boycott the game/company (which I'll be doing), I will say that you can get guild bank storage as an alternative for 150k, then 300k for your 2nd one. That's $3 for 48 slots compared to $16 for 36. They can have separate uses, but it's something people ought to know. You just need 5 people in the same instance to make a guild (can be on an alt, there are level requirements) and they don't even need to stay.

This is convenient for some things but comes with a whole host of other problems. One, your guild bank storage is NOT SECURE. If someone hacks your account somehow and takes everything out of your guild bank storage, you won't get ANY of it back. Two, it keeps you from joining an actual guild. Yes, you can join a different guild on some characters but then you don't have access to any of your storage very easily. You have to mail it to another character, which is time consuming. Three, you can only put unbound stuff in there. It's great for the random enchants that pile up, though. I will say that.
    I feel it's a cheap shot to encourage people to sell their bags of holding to upgrade to a Runic bag of holding as these don't bind (currently). I wouldn't have minded the bags being Bind to Account, as I use mine for levelling characters, but it puts me off spending any more money on this game when stunts like this are pulled.

Dragon cult packs don't bind right now either (that I can tell), however, they did say in the announcement that they are BEGINNING to transition into having ALL bags bound. So my guess is the new bag will be bound too in a matter of time.

Direct quote from the announcement (emphasis mine):
    There's a few changes to some of the items that hold your dear treasures by your side and will work to further protect them from any pesky goblins, dragons or thieves. Starting with this Thursday’s maintenance, we will be transitioning all bags, including the Bag of Holding, Greater Bag of Holding and Embroidered Elven Silk Bag, to bind on equip.
    edited April 2015
    I imagine when they bring out the 42 slot Mythic Bag of holding then the Runic one will become bind on equip if not sooner.
  • nomadwanderer3nomadwanderer3 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I play this game with my two sons who love to try out different classes and characters. Bags being bind to account mean that they can have 4 char slots and level characters to level 20 decide they don't like the character move the bags to another one of their characters and level up a new combination.

If I understand this change correctly this means that they cannot have bags anymore on characters that they might not taking to endgame

Is that right

I don't mind the freemium model, our family has 4 accounts with ~18 char slots, and have opened ~50 purple lock boxes, and bought a couple zen mounts.. This is only in the first month. I had thought we we were just getting over a setup initial fee ( all games have something like this) This change is probably the one that gets us out though

I think part of the fun for them , they are only 7 and 11, is the family mmo time. If this game is going to on its way out what other non sub mmos are out there?
    edited April 2015
    For those still looking to trade or sell bags via the Auction House, make sure you do not equip the bag after purchasing from the Zen Market.

The following bags are now Bind on Equip:

Greater Elven Silk Bag
    Bag of Holding
    Greater Bag of Holding

Note: If these bags are already equipped, they will not become bound until they are equipped again.

Yes, you now have to be careful when you equip a bag, because you can't transfer it afterwards.
    edited April 2015
    Update : Bags in use will also become bound
    Greetings Neverwinter Adventurers,

There's a few changes to some of the items that hold your dear treasures by your side and will work to further protect them from any pesky goblins, dragons or thieves. Starting with this Thursday’s maintenance, we will be transitioning all bags, including the Bag of Holding, Greater Bag of Holding and Embroidered Elven Silk Bag, to bind on equip. For those still looking to trade or sell bags via the Auction House, make sure you do not equip the bag after purchasing from the Zen Market.

The following bags are now Bind on Equip:

Elven Silk Bag
    Greater Elven Silk Bag
    Bag of Holding
    Greater Bag of Holding
    Embroidered Silk Bag
    Bandit's Satchel
    Dragon Hoard

Note: Any current bags slotted will become bound.
  • brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I
    ...will work to further protect them from any pesky goblins, dragons or thieves.

By this they mean us, the community. We are stealing the money from their pockets by using bags on another char. They want you to buy them, sell them in the marketplace to others, but if you have a new char, buy a new bag.

This annoys me. It annoys me because it is so transparently money grabbing. Someone asked, "How can we squeeze a few more bucks out of the community?" and this was one of their answers? Are they trying to say that they are protecting me from hackers stealing my bags? Their poor coding (I dont know if this has been fixed) did not include a forced client update which allowed ne'er-do-wells to use old clients without security to access the game, bypassing the need for a new computer to access the email code. That isnt something the community should have to pay for monetarily. They made that problem.

Ive been involved with gaming, game development, game servers, etc for over ten years. This stuff is hard to watch cause it seems too amateur to be believable.
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    briseda wrote: »
    I

By this they mean us, the community. We are stealing the money from their pockets by using bags on another char. They want you to buy them, sell them in the marketplace to others, but if you have a new char, buy a new bag.

This annoys me. It annoys me because it is so transparently money grabbing. Someone asked, "How can we squeeze a few more bucks out of the community?" and this was one of their answers? Are they trying to say that they are protecting me from hackers stealing my bags? Their poor coding (I dont know if this has been fixed) did not include a forced client update which allowed ne'er-do-wells to use old clients without security to access the game, bypassing the need for a new computer to access the email code. That isnt something the community should have to pay for monetarily. They made that problem.

Ive been involved with gaming, game development, game servers, etc for over ten years. This stuff is hard to watch cause it seems too amateur to be believable.

It's almost as if they are doing it on purpose. >. >
  • geoffreysgeoffreys Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This move is sheer money grabbing. Some zen items being bound were done as a fix to an issue, but this is just pure greed. I like to move bags from main to alts when I level them temporarily, now they are trying to make me buy more.

Great big "go take a flying leap" Cryptic. You dont deserve my cash right now and no matter how you try to squeeze it from my wallet, you wont get it. Do something I can support, like more dungeons or PVP maps and we can revisit my wallet.

Yes. It is. The ultimate objective in the current game design
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Has there been any official word from Cryptic or the NW people saying WHY they thought it would be a good idea to bind the bags as they decided to do?

How come we haven’t heard from “the company” on the reasons they thought binding previously unbound equipment was a good idea?

I have my suspicions, but they are merely that – suspicions.

Spending real world dollars to purchase make-believe game items is something not everyone does and now I fully understand and agree with their reluctance to do so.

In addition, to encourage people to purchase character slots to create more characters and make so many items bound to character that a person would have to spend several hundreds of dollars to properly equip these characters is just insane and it has just become even more unreasonable in my opinion.

I know I have several characters in my one account as I thought it would be interesting to be able to play every race and class of character since they often have quests specific to those classes and races… but no more.

Why would anyone be incentivized to purchase character slots for more characters if every character is going to require a significant outlay of real world funds just to optimally equip every single one of those characters with non tradable, non transferable gear?

I would think it would do the exact opposite, remove the incentive to purchase character slots and run more characters because of the additional expense of having to purchase additional equipment for each character...

I know there is currently little or no incentive for me to spend any more on the purchase of equipment that Cryptic or who ever will later decide I cannot use and transfer as I was allowed to do and had previously before they decided to impose additional restrictions on that gear.

At this point I don’t care if I have “wasted” money on the purchase of character slots; they can all gather dust and cobwebs as far as I’m concerned. I’m not forking out the funds to purchase ZEN to get items like bags of holding that will be bound to each character. I did finely break down and purchase ZEN several times to obtain tradable items from the ZEN Market and acquires Astral Diamonds to purchase high level (now nearly obsolete) weapons and armor for many of my characters.

Something I find I now regret.

*and the fact that the ZEN market which would allow players to trade Astral Diamonds for ZEN is terminally defunct, some say by design to force people to purchase ZEN with real world money, doesn’t help either.
    DD~
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I

Agreed, it is insulting that they even try to spin changes like this as some positive protective measure... I don't know who is making these decisions but I have a feeling Cryptic's hands are always tied in this. I'm worried they're just trying to milk whatever they can before letting this tank... They're not even trying to reassure us or anything, just more blatant cash grabs rather than paying any attention to the screwed up game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krowsyskrowsys Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This community needs to demand that the Zen bags be reverted to Bound to Account at the very least. Sign a petition or something, I feel cheated.

I purchased the Greater Bags of Holding for a specific purpose, to transfer them from character to character. Now they change the properties of my puchased item. They have become useless to me. PW should refund our Zen for these bags they changed without warning.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jimmyhar wrote: »
    On a more positive note, the game is now so hard that we don't need as many bags because we can't stay alive long enough to earn any loot.

Also, you don't need any bag slots for that extra set of gear - there's only the one standard uniform...