test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

bound bags

cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I don'thave the ability to look now, but can someone confirm if they are btc or bta?

I don't really care if they bind, but if they btc, it would have been nice to know in advance so I could take empty bags off characters I don't play. I could have at least put them on a character that I can actually use them on.
Post edited by cjh1983 on

Comments

• blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    According to patch notes, they are BoE - so, btc. I happened to read the patch notes last night, so was able to empty one.

The big thing I'm concerned about (aside from the change) is that previously, if you get a bag on a character that doesn't have all slots filled, it automatically is equipped on that character. I highly doubt that this behavior has changed.

Which means - don't buy a bag on an alt with AD thinking you can send it to your main, unless your alt already has all bag slots filled. Or pay Zen for a bag except on the toon you want to have it.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For a different subject related to bag,

1. there is a new 36 slot bag in Zen market.
    2. One should not buy the greater bag in AH because it is more expensive than buying from Zen market.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This move is sheer money grabbing. Some zen items being bound were done as a fix to an issue, but this is just pure greed. I like to move bags from main to alts when I level them temporarily, now they are trying to make me buy more.

Great big "go take a flying leap" Cryptic. You dont deserve my cash right now and no matter how you try to squeeze it from my wallet, you wont get it. Do something I can support, like more dungeons or PVP maps and we can revisit my wallet.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep, just read the
    Blog about the bags.
    3. Note: If these bags are already equipped, they will not become bound until they are equipped again.

They must have realized sales of Runic Bag of Holding would be less if they bound all the existing equipped bags.
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    briseda wrote: »
    This move is sheer money grabbing. Some zen items being bound were done as a fix to an issue, but this is just pure greed. I like to move bags from main to alts when I level them temporarily, now they are trying to make me buy more.

Great big "go take a flying leap" Cryptic. You dont deserve my cash right now and no matter how you try to squeeze it from my wallet, you wont get it. Do something I can support, like more dungeons or PVP maps and we can revisit my wallet.

Or you could just wait until there is real info before ranting like a moron.

Anyway, thanks blackjackwidow.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since the bags are bound to CHARACTER, I can say, definitively, I that I will never, ever, EVER buy another Zen bag again. Period.

If they bind to account? Sure.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since the bags are bound to CHARACTER, I can say, definitively, I that I will never, ever, EVER buy another Zen bag again. Period.

If they bind to account? Sure.

Ditto. The only reason I bought them before was because I can use them while leveling up and then move them to my next character. Once I hit max level, I have little need for them.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    How about increasing the number of items you can slot on your belt, hell, i would be happy with just 1 or 2 more belt slots. I know this has been brought up several times on these forums.

Regards

Shhh! You may see that in Zen store. Are you giving them another money making idea? ;-)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • neilburtonneilburton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    More greed on Cryptic's part yet again. If I have to pay real money for Zen to buy items, they should all be BOA.

Unless something changes, I'm pretty much done spending money on Zen.
    IT Guru & avid gamer since 1981
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No more room for more bags in my inventory = no new bag purchase. I'm not going to delete my old bags just because someone at cryptic thought it was time to charge twice for inventory.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pretty much agreed with everyone else. These (bags) are not very cheap, making them bound to char is definitely a crappy move :mad: While I have 3 greaters on every char I would like to send a pair to my new char while lvling. Don't think I will sell them thus I don't mind if they are BoA, but BoE to char... no good :( (or sell to get a bigger one)
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cjh1983 wrote: »
    Or you could just wait until there is real info before ranting like a moron.

Anyway, thanks blackjackwidow.

Ranting is the response of choice on these forums, unfortunately. At least there are some more reasonable people posting to offset the rants . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think BoA wouldn't upset most people. Bind to character, though, that's what's upsetting most of us.
  • sds404sds404 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think BoA wouldn't upset most people. Bind to character, though, that's what's upsetting most of us.

Exactly my thoughts!
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So did someone complain about bags of holding being tradable or bound to account?

I highly doubt it...

My initial impression is those who are saying this is just another, Cryptic "greed" scheme seems to be right on the money (pun intended).

I mean what possible practical purpose does this move make except to force players to purchase more duplicate equipment that they probably can very well do without?

Speaking only for myself, I can say it will take much longer to complete quests and map areas because when my inventory is full, I will not be buying a bound to character bag to make game play more convenient. I will instead stop playing and redistribute, post for sale on the Auction House or just sell items to empty my inventory before continuing.

Buying a bag or even an upgraded is clearly optional; it is something people wish to do not something they have to do to play and if bags are now bound to character for me that just removes the incentive to purchase them.

My two cents ~
    DD~
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited April 2015
    This proves once again they dont give a f.u.c.k about players and gameplay freakin greedy *** company why dont you release the game on a DVD with a CD key + subcription ???? ?!!!
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited April 2015
    they want to get more juyce from the zen store in 1 month game will be dead do more updates like this till u obliterate the whole game community
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    they are boc....sigh
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Game just getting worse. Obviously BoA was the correct way to approach this. You buy new bags and move your current ones to another toon. And they would of sold more bags this way. Done spending money here will spend it on BDO.

As a person with max bags/bank slots I would of definitely bought 2 bags today to replace my last 2 24 slot's on my main and moved the other bags elsewhere, but not now.

Looks like Akro left at the right time.
    GShBCGl.jpg
    edited April 2015
    stah01 wrote: »
    Game just getting worse. Obviously BoA was the correct way to approach this. You buy new bags and move your current ones to another toon. And they would of sold more bags this way. Done spending money here will spend it on BDO.

I think I'm done spending money here as well... A shame really, I quite like this game.
  • cornflakes2014cornflakes2014 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can anyone confirm if they still auto-equip cause I thought it did before. This means that its not really transferable even though it says it is in the cash shop description (unless all your bag slots are full so it cant auto-equip).

I think this is a real bad idea as it deters purchase of bags in the future. I want to buy the new runic bags so I can upgrade from my existing greater bags on my main, but will only do this because I can pass the old ones to other toons. As far as I can tell I can still do this for now since its already equipped before the update. But I cannot do this with any toon I equip the bags on from now on. I'm not paying 16 dollars to equip a new bag just so I can throw the old one out.

If you're gonna make it bound, make it bta.
    edited April 2015
    My guess is auto-equip if you don't have all bag slots full...and for why its boc....

.I know what it was...they saw that they release paladin and then they had a bag sale thinking they will need new bags for their pallys...which must not have been that great...and they looked into why...and oh well lets just do this so they can't do that anymore...
    edited April 2015
    I'd have been okay with boc...if it also included a greatly decreased bag price...drop them to 400,700,1000 at least give options for a little more expensive ones to open on all characters...
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think this is a positive step, I'll be buying these bags and like the fact that they are BoE.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gomok72 wrote: »
    I think this is a positive step, I'll be buying these bags and like the fact that they are BoE.

But if they auto equip like they use to, then might as well be boc on purchase until you have all 5 slots filled.
  • krowsyskrowsys Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Now that the bags bind, I am unable to transfer them to my new characters for leveling and loot gathering. I was unable to play as much as I would like before this change in Bag binding on equipt because of the time I needed to invest in inventory management. So I will be playing far less Neverwinter from now on.

I have purchased all the large bundles for this game and if it were playable to me I would have continued to purchase all new content, DLC in the future. But seeing as I can actually play Star Trek Online among other games and not have to worry about inventory as much I'll just stay there.

I have 16 level 60's, 1 almost 60 and 7 empty character slots I was going to use for new races and classes.

You should have made all bags bound to account at the very least. I hope your new income strategy works for you but it doesn't work for me. I have almost all very rare mounts, companions and so on. I just bought the Clothing for XP bonus. But this Bag Binding on equipt change just put a nail in NWOs' coffin.

You should have focused on content players want like a guild hall, playable combat air ships like in STO and such rather than creating unnecassary burdens to force honest gamers to spend money just to play on their free time.

(Edit) Bound to account is bad but Bound to Character is unacceptable. Period.

Good luck with that Cryptic.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm usually against this but look at the positive here with this if you do have a main character. I have a ton of the greater bags between different avatars that are level 60, I can now buy the legendary bags and sell the ones I currently have on the AH. I'll keep a set of four for my next alt but to me this is a win/win situation here.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • nomadwanderer3nomadwanderer3 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've only just now started playing this game.

The blog post says something about bags and this change was made to "protect them from any pesky goblins, dragons or thieves".

What are they talking about?

I'm trying to understand what the player benefit is to this change. Are there tailors/bag makers in this game that will now be better off? Is there some aspect of this change that benefits someone?
    edited April 2015
    The blog post says something about bags and this change was made to "protect them from any pesky goblins, dragons or thieves".

What are they talking about?

I assume they are talking about gold / AD spammers
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »
    But if they auto equip like they use to, then might as well be boc on purchase until you have all 5 slots filled.

i LOVE your signature man. thanks for making me laugh.