What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF in Mod 6 - Opinions

Comments

• Options
    dewman22dewman22 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ****ing take this ****ty game and shove it straight up your asses. **** you crytic
  • Options
    derekdrygonderekdrygon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    dafuq, no hidden daggers, weapon master and destroyer ? and you wonder why the dps is bad ?
    D

"When Tanking PVE" auto-correct changed it to taking. Of course I don't use destroyer or weaponmaster or any of the others mentioned when tanking. All of those are DPS powers. All of those powers however, I regularly use when DPS, but our DPS is still less than an equally geared TR or CW.

By the way, weaponmaster is bugged at the moment. If you use weaponmaster rank 4, the power does not work.

Jo'dan
  • Options
    derekdrygonderekdrygon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    playing IV destroyer lev 61 nearly no boons, blue gear, some purple stuff, using FLS, Roar, IBS atm i do solo the HE´s "surge" in the cavern (or how its called)

It's not the normal world solo content that is the problem. I can solo HE's no problem, even as a DPS (except in IWD, which is a level 73 zone. Quite challenging.) It's the dungeon content that's the real issue, and the role we bring to groups. Try tanking some of the epic dungeons, and let me know how you fare.

Jo'dan
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not the normal world solo content that is the problem. I can solo HE's no problem, even as a DPS (except in IWD, which is a level 73 zone. Quite challenging.) It's the dungeon content that's the real issue, and the role we bring to groups. Try tanking some of the epic dungeons, and let me know how you fare.

Jo'dan

Can you please provide a video of you soloing a HE in IWD? I was extremely well gear in mod 5, and even in mod 6 I can well geared. However I melt in IWD when specced for DPS.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    Can you please provide a video of you soloing a HE in IWD? I was extremely well gear in mod 5, and even in mod 6 I can well geared. However I melt in IWD when specced for DPS.

you obviously didn't read the post. Read it again.
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Questing in Drowned shores and levelling up my passive slot pets in the process. And the pets are doing better than myself. They're not geared and I am, but I get hit way harder than they do.
    Also I run the two repeatable quests where Boo (or Mink, I don't know which one is the imaginary friend) is doing all the killing and I just walk around.
    So, so far my gwf can't do anything but as long as either the pets or the NPC can kill the foes for me, I can live with that.

Not sure what I'll be wearing though, once 70. Never got any BI Gloves. And never stacked Seals of Triumph during the previous Mods. Pvp is something a gwf tends to avoid.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "When Tanking PVE" auto-correct changed it to taking. Of course I don't use destroyer or weaponmaster or any of the others mentioned when tanking. All of those are DPS powers. All of those powers however, I regularly use when DPS, but our DPS is still less than an equally geared TR or CW.

By the way, weaponmaster is bugged at the moment. If you use weaponmaster rank 4, the power does not work.

Jo'dan

i know about weaponmaster r4 its an old bug from preview, but it still gives nice bonuses on sent tree + bonus threat

cc reduce damage monsters deal to u and allow smth like cc to freeze mobs, reducing damage even further
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You guys still playing gwf? Mine became invocation/profession slave and my new main is a paladin now. It's ridiculous how lame gwf has became. In mod 5 I could at least survive okay-ish in PvE with lifesteal and regeneration. But mod 6? With most stats nerfed to the ground, set bonuses removed as well as trash mobs one shotting? **** that.

When I compare my Sentinel GWF with my Oath of Protection Paladin... One has restoring strike, unstoppable and sprint for survivability. The other has shift mechanics that heal and reduce damage, tab mechanic that increases DR and taunts mobs in an area, auras that boost DR or debuffs mobs, dailies that full heal you or give you 50-100% temporary hitpoints and makes you immune to CC for 20 seconds, encounters that give half your HP as temporary hitpoints, encounters and atwill that give you shields and so on and on... And that's not even talking about feats that are insanely good compared to GWF's.

So yeah, w/e. GWF is dead, now more than ever.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015

did you go with a tank and a healer in the dungeon?
    The way its should work is: 1. tank pulls mobs 2. healer focus on tank 3. damagedealer start dealing damage.
    GWF = no tank ; GWF = damagedealer
    in case of dying from mobs aoe, not having aggro...have no clue, throw dagger
    Questing in Drowned shores and levelling up my passive slot pets in the process. And the pets are doing better than myself. They're not geared and I am, but I get hit way harder than they do.
    Also I run the two repeatable quests where Boo (or Mink, I don't know which one is the imaginary friend) is doing all the killing and I just walk around.
    So, so far my gwf can't do anything but as long as either the pets or the NPC can kill the foes for me, I can live with that.
    what game do you play ?
    my GWF runs through these dungeons, minsk way behind, the mobs don´t even get me near death and die very quick, you sure should press one or two buttons? or is this a troll comment?

so grouped with a GWF today - destroyer, SM i think....he just made me cry, my warlock was not able to deal damage, he run though the instance killing everything, well geared of coures, 18k+ power 5k crit+ 5k+ arp
    please stop begging for more damage, thats far enough be sure, he nearly two hittet the endbos in wod instance, lol
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    GWF = no tank ; GWF = damagedealer

That's my point. We've had a potential role stripped from us with mod 6. I used to tank any of the game's content, even before the stats were ridiculously inflated to the point where the "tank" role was really no longer necessary. We're supposed to be able to tank if speced properly, and we cannot in mod 6, otherwise what the hell is the point of the sentinel line? Why would the devs put threat generation in a feat tree if they're not supposed to be a tank?

As far as DPS goes, we're sub par and just as squishy in mod 6. In order to compete with other DPS classes we have to have far better gear. Furthermore we bring 0 utility to the group. The class is broken, hell even other classes admit that. Hopefully that will be different once they've fixed weaponmaster, as that loss of 15% crit chance hurts my numbers big time. I'm not willing to spend zen for a respec because cryptic screwed up.

Jo'dan
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    endboss in TOS hits my SW fpr 230k damage, so only a tank can hold against
    get used to have uesless feads path etc. , this game is not well programmed nor fixed anytime in year old bugs, new coming on top every mod
    in case of neverwinter its not as if any logical thinking could solve problems that are just ignored by devs, the list of needed fixes reaches arround the world and is the result of consitenly ignoring all arguemnts and bugs, and improvements that are told by 1000s of player, so just go destroyer SM if PVE is what you want, and enjoy your damage, probabably invest in some defence for better perfroming, or play glasscanon
    these SM destroyer, well equipped, deal obviously huga amounts of damage, as i could see with my own eyes grouping with one of them, following him not getting any target down nor dealing damage myself in case of he was blewing everthing away in seconds (18k power 5k criot and arp) and this one was not even maxed
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm still hoping for a Paragon rework mod 7 for GF and GWF, Remove SM from GF and give them a GF one like Gladiator or Champion, and remove IV from GWF and give us Something like Battlerager, Then we have SM as a DPS paragon, and Battlerager as a TempHP tank one (though Paladin relies on a lot of temp hp, battle-rager gets it a different way) and GF has Champion/Glad as offense path, and IV as defense.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I take back what I initially said about sub-par DPS. After comparing myself to equally geared TR's, and other DPS classes, I have come to the conclusion that our DPS is quite good in mod 6. However, that doesn't change the loss of a role assessment in the tank department.

Jo'dan
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    DPS as a destroyer is strong, but must work around survivability using sprint well and may be Daring Shout in epic dungeons.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    DPS as a destroyer is strong, but must work around survivability using sprint well and may be Daring Shout in epic dungeons.
    I just say he is not bad .
    But eq graded Hr/CW/DC is much stronger w/o any exploit or lol set.
    But when they use exploits what GWF simply cant they will beat y in brute way.

The mod 6 helped us to step a bit forward on the paingiver ranking we are almost there where we shoud be but agan our role is striker /defender and we still cannot 100% complite our role .
    We are still not the best dps ...
    And we are faar faar faar faar faar faar faar faar away from defender:)

Lets just say GWF isnt hopeless but i cant say the same thing from SW (w/o fable set he cant do anything).
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    But eq graded Hr/CW/DC is much stronger w/o any exploit or lol set.

I will predict that GWF will be near top damage and competeable to other classes in mod 6
    And we are faar faar faar faar faar faar faar faar away from defender

ok gwf get hit by 110k from endboss in TOS, warlock for 230k damage, GWF is not a tank even having a tanking specc, i would call this an offtank to bind some trash, problem is this trash oneshots most player...
    Lets just say GWF isnt hopeless but i cant say the same thing from SW

SW is really a special case in getting nerfed in lots of ways, some nerfs i can understand, some not at all
    playing SB fury I only shine in PVE when dealing focus damage, most classes do better in PVE Hunter CW, DC
  • Options
    xeezertxeezert Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Haven't even got to epic dungeons yet as I'm still building but my DPS in skirmishes has been somewhat ridiculous but.....

Ran Kessel's for the first time last night, no tank and for the last fight I had battle fury, daring shout, restoring strike, bravery and avalanche of steel slotted. Basically run in take a swipe and run for my life. Ended up finishing with just me and the groups DC from about 30% of the bosses hp, probably 3 SF procs and I was just... my nerves were shot to say the least so I can't even imagine what the epic dungeons are like right now and can't say I'm in a rush to find out.

DPS is looking great for me but I'd trade some of it to take a punch better tbh.
    Dragons are ruining my life.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    since i level a destroyer IV my plan is: sacrifice some arp, crit and power and put this into deflect/DR/lifesteal+ speccing boons and fead in that direction, since damage is really very good, hope it will work
    yesterday i went Dread ring lev 62, upsclaing to 70 and wearing lev 62 gear it is really challenging atm, but fun in my case, beeing 70 with more stats and gear it sure will become much easier having 80k+HP
    would be very helpfull to hear from someone that already tested the dungeons with a more defensive destroyer-build?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    my 36% base dr, 100k hp+ a ton of temp hp, paladin has been instakilledquite a few times in 1600 iLvL content, ive been instakilled through shield at max DR so it wont really be of much help to gwf :D ok dps gwf wont tank that much direct damage, but there is still the problem with aoe cluster****

imho they should change AC and add AoE resist to heavy armor classes, maybe 0.5~1% DR/AC and 0.5~1% AoE resist/AC
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    A quick question: what is, in your opinion guys, the best weapon enchant for GWF Destroyer? I'm using Vorpal but increased DR of new mobs and increased tenacity effectiveness+ slow stacks build up make me think about Plaguefire too...what do you think?

Vorpal offers great burst but is more mitigated by tenacity and is slower at building stacks in PvP. It's also true that new changes coming will give more unstoppable time and faster movement during unstoppable, making it easier to build stacks.

PF gives needed defense debuff and fast stacks, but losing critical severity. What would you do guys?
  • Options
    tropicofcancer43tropicofcancer43 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    **** GWF is pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> again , havent laid down this much damage since the deep gash bug , too bad a nerf is coming . Im sure the pvpers are already crying like they always do when the class isnt kept at the bottom , until then Im going to enjoy it and if they arent nerfed I'll start investing in my gwf again .
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    **** GWF is pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> again , havent laid down this much damage since the deep gash bug , too bad a nerf is coming . Im sure the pvpers are already crying like they always do when the class isnt kept at the bottom , until then Im going to enjoy it and if they arent nerfed I'll start investing in my gwf again .

if it happens, will not be on demand (until m8 at least). in fact, if exist a demand today, is for buffs (defensive OR utilitary part if the devs are smart...)

ps: how i got the new weapon, off hand?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    PVP in this game is out of any order, its only "class-hopping" nothing else
    i don´t think it will give a nerf, even if ppl ask for, there are too many things broken, so let the GWF be mega imba Op for next mod it doesn´t matter any more imo
    but a buff, i can´t imagine, since all classes die a lot atm, buffing gwf defence would imbalance this game much more, PVP wise, and PVE wise, since GWF deals huge damage atm, top damagedealer imo
    if on top he just could stand in the "red sauce" - no need to think about incoming damage it will be nothing more than a "nuub-class"
    i think if devs want to get anything done they only focus on PVE in this game, if they focus anything at all (not sure about it)
    since the work to be done is enormous (we know how long things takes in this game)
    broken DC will sure get fixed in case of paladin does not play any role against this gamebreaking bug
    T2 dungeon, espec. bosses, without spamming dailies will get hard to unplayable
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    A quick question: what is, in your opinion guys, the best weapon enchant for GWF Destroyer? I'm using Vorpal but increased DR of new mobs and increased tenacity effectiveness+ slow stacks build up make me think about Plaguefire too...what do you think?

imho vorp should be pve top choice, and, maybe at bis pvp, especially with the insane crit numbers we can get, it could be possible to get really close to 100%

im not changing my pvorp, but its tempting, though id go for terror
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm stuck with a plague fire, can't afford a 3rd vorpal, already got 2 char using greaters. WMS works good enough with the double debuff from it though.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    imho vorp should be pve top choice, and, maybe at bis pvp, especially with the insane crit numbers we can get, it could be possible to get really close to 100%

im not changing my pvorp, but its tempting, though id go for terror

For PvP, what i noticed is that with current tenacity level the damage from crit is reduced quite a lot and in the meanwhile you struggle trying to build DP stacks vs dodgy classes like TRs.

I went from GVorpal to Perfect PF, same price pretty much (PF cheap due to terror being BiS and lessers coming from boxes thus not needing a Coal ward to craft them). My considerations after testing a normal PF vs GVorpal (same "rank" since PF has a different rank progression, GPF was max rank= PVorp if i remember well) i found, for destroyer in PvP, PF to be more reliable and only slightly less bursty for the following reasons:

- increased tenacity means higher % reduction of crit hits. The higher the crit severity, the higher the reduction. So the overall damage buff would be floating (you burst IF you crit) and also be reduced further (past module we got like 24-26% crit resist from tenacity, now i have 43%);

- Very high ArP resistance from tenacity (i have 86%) makes defense debuff more important to reduce the enemy DR

- Higher defense stat and reduced return means the 45% defense debuff i get from PPF is more effective

- I get damage buff on normal hits where with vorpal i only boost my critical hits, so damage is more reliable

- I debuff the enemy DR for my team too, and with daggers i can AoE debuff the enemy team on node

- As mentioned above, more reliable stacks build-up which means i can easily keep my DP up all the time

For PvE if you need personal DPS Vorpal still the better choice. PF can help the whole party since pretty much nobody reaches the 86% (i guess) DR epic mobs are supposed to have. I'm at 50% DRI right now, may be other classes can get higher but even so, i guess nobody will go that high, so PF imho still is good to have since the loss in DPS i get compared to vorpal, can be compensated by the increase in whole team DPS.

Just theorycrafting, i didn't test with numbers except this:

i tested crit hits on dummies comparing NPF and GVorp in trade of blades. IBS crit was 52k with PVorp, 47k with PF. Didn't find the difference so big considering my normal hits are all buffed by PF.

Am i missing something?

BTW, i'll see how it goes and keep testing.

Terror is good but the real "terror" is how stuns can stack on trapper HRs or if multiple Pure/Trascend. Terror enchants hit you.
    I'd wait and see cause may be it will get a slight nerf or some changes.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Vorpal offers great burst but is more mitigated by tenacity and is slower at building stacks in PvP. It's also true that new changes coming will give more unstoppable time and faster movement during unstoppable, making it easier to build stacks.

PF gives needed defense debuff and fast stacks, but losing critical severity. What would you do guys?

I'm just using my Pure terror, I'd probably say plague is better than vorpal at the moment unless you have stacked a lot of crit. I mean the only other thing that really benefits from our crits is deep gash, and thats really underpowered.

• Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    **** GWF is pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> again
    No.
    a nerf is coming .
    Yes.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't see my pure vorpal freaking working. The debuff won't register anywhere, and some say it actually debuffs THE USER. I'm going to stick with my vorpal either way, planning to stack around 12k crit to make it viable. Already managed to get back to the same crit chance I had next mod, now it's just a matter of stacking. Vorpal is still awesome folks! (if they ever fix the dang bugs of course.)