Install Arc
Options

Solo Content is TOO hard

Comments

• Options
    b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    asmose01 wrote: »
    I've recently unlocked the portal on my DC and I can't kill the mobs on my own this is a quest you can't get help with and its a real game killer when you guys buff the mobs for opening story line to Shar Dred IWD and the Portal for well of dragons so that unless your a tank with a ton of HP or sky high dps you can't pass them.

80k hp and the hunter kills me in two shots and the mob destroys me if she gets me locked down in a trap this is not fun nor is it funny!

My GWF just unlocked the quest to get his class artifact again all I do is die granted he has no weapon or gear enchants but something like that should not be needed!

Fix your content so that the solo content can be soloed or remove it from the game all together this is just stupid !!!!!:mad:

The mob got u locked down in a trap?
    You think you are (or should be) able to play level 70 end-game areas without gear/enchantments?
    Gear should not be needed to play end-game content? Whats about chars? Is a keyboard needed or a mouse? A brain?
    You REALLY think just because YOU can not play solo ...OTHERS can´t do it too?
    Maybe the cookie-times are over? Learn to play. Think first and DO NOT TROLL!

//Bellistor
  • Options
    nasfaelnasfael Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello,

I started on this game about 3 weeks before the patch.

I am a experienced MMO player, but having a family, I consider myself a casual player.

I reached lvl60, about 1 week before the patch, bought T2 set for too cheap from the HV, and had a strong feeling that this game was **** too easy, with 12k equipment lvl, no enchant above lvl 5, playing mostly solo, excepted some WD content, nothing was really opposing any challenge.

Note I didn't try any T1/T2 dungeon since Mod6.

Since mod6...
    I would say first impression was that difficulty was unbalanced, some mobs could one shot kill you, like the sorceress in the 1st levelling zone.
    Then in the 2nd zone, the caster mobs, one shot kill.
    Zapped the 3rd zone completely, the 16 vigilance quests per area are IMHO too many, and boring, should be adujsted to 12, as you can easily level to 70 avoiding completely one of the levelling zones...
    In the 4th one, everything was starting to be easier, excepted the Giants, most mobs and quests are affordable solo, the 3 people mini-dungeons are doable with 2-3 people, nothing in this area seems to have a ugly one shot power trigerring from time to time like in the 2 previous one.
    Actually in Shar and Dred I am even able to solo the mini dungeons with 1600 i LVL.
    Didn't go back into WD zone yet, anyway don't need it to progress on boons as of yet just need the menestrel quests.

So, my point, from a new player perspective, the game is now working as expected, it was too easy before, my opinion is that it is better balanced now than before mod 6.

But as I said, I didn't try the dungeons yet, from what I read they suffer, like the first 61-70 levelling area, of some mobs damage that need tuning, especially those with one shot powers that tend to make you throw the keyboard by the window when they are able to hit because of lag, the payoff is too big, or for the half second of lack of attention, game should keep being fun, too much challenge may ruin that for alot of people.

Have fun.
  • Options
    magnusolammagnusolam Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2015
    prettycelt wrote: »
    As stated in other threads, the player base has just fragmented into two different camps on this. You all can sit there and try to convert the other side to your way of thinking, but it stands about as much chance of success as Democrats converting Republicans or vice versa. People play the game for different reasons, some more serious, some more casual. Yeah, a challenge is nice. A stupidly hard fight every single time isn't, and that's just my opinion. I liked facerolling old content, personally, it felt good to just kill sh-it without needing tactics every time. I hate grouping, period, I'd rather solo everything when possible. Again, that's just my opinion.

The main difference between the two camps is that one is calling for a more inclusive/viable game, while the other wants a more exclusive game (more likely to fail through lack of funding). If you want Neverwinter to continue it seems sensible to opt for a more inclusive game IMHO.

Also, some players like to play with multiple characters with differing builds, this means that they will probably never get any character maxed out on gear (which wasn't previously a problem). Why have differing builds in the game if there ends up being only one viable build, for those who want to play a variety of styles going the way of exclusivity is likely to see them go the way of a different MMO.

Players who max out their gear should remember that ultimately they are reliant on 'lesser' players continuing to play in order for Neverwinter to exist.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    magnusolam wrote: »
    The main difference between the two camps is that one is calling for a more inclusive/viable game, while the other wants a more exclusive game (more likely to fail through lack of funding). If you want Neverwinter to continue it seems sensible to opt for a more inclusive game IMHO.

Indeed, the two camps are not of same size. There's much less people that want harder content, it's just that many of the others are not on these forums. Also the "hardcore" players don't put much money into the game because they grind everything and don't care for cosmetics.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Indeed, the two camps are not of same size. There's much less people that want harder content, it's just that many of the others are not on these forums. Also the "hardcore" players don't put much money into the game because they grind everything and don't care for cosmetics.

completely wrong
    1) one camp whines on forums while other plays the game and enjoys the content(im here because i cant play at work)
    2) f2p games are supported by 1~5% of the player base - the whales that spend ton of money on the game, on another game i knew somebody who spent 10k+ $ a month and was in a guild with somebody who spent 5k+ within 3 months, those ppl are actually paying the bills, ppl who want everything and are paying for it, and, from what ive noticed, they are usually above average skilled players and like having challenge
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    completely wrong
    1) one camp whines on forums while other plays the game and enjoys the content(im here because i cant play at work)
    2) f2p games are supported by 1~5% of the player base - the whales that spend ton of money on the game, on another game i knew somebody who spent 10k+ $ a month and was in a guild with somebody who spent 5k+ within 3 months, those ppl are actually paying the bills, ppl who want everything and are paying for it, and, from what ive noticed, they are usually above average skilled players and like having challenge

When it comes to whining...

But as far as the second point goes, relying on a small number of whales to prop up the game is a recipe for disaster, when they move on (which they will) the whole thing goes poof!
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey hey now. I know someone who knows someone, who's a cousin of a dev who knows someone. And word is that their official unofficial statement is... "Talk to the Hand".

With the background that everyone knows everyone via 6 links, my chances there are similar.

Cryptic should talk to the hand... ...that feeds them.

[...]
    f2p games are supported by 1~5% of the player base [...]

Do you have something like a reliable source for that?

Let's see what the new Lead Designer will trigger... ...from his "Hello, Faerûn!" I'd reckon _some_ message got through. Also, the timing of this second personnel change... ...seems... ...well,...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    When it comes to whining...

its not like i have anything better to do at work atm, and ive seen content nerfed because of whiners, dont want it to repeat, finally i can enjoy doing content instead of it being a braindead grind, and ask questions "can i do it" and "how can i do it better" instead of "how long will it take" and "how can i do it faster"
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its not like i have anything better to do at work atm, and ive seen content nerfed because of whiners, dont want it to repeat, finally i can enjoy doing content instead of it being a braindead grind, and ask questions "can i do it" and "how can i do it better" instead of "how long will it take" and "how can i do it faster"

I agree. At least we still have a chance to figure out what to do, what skills to use, and trying to dig deeper in to class synergy to try to win.
    When I left the game a year back it was easy. From what I've heard it went to absurd like soloing a CN - which is just...
    Game is harder and this is good, grind is terrible but...well...
    I bet that after some time many players will come back here stating that game is FUBAR "because I can solo T2's with ease"
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    You should not expect an easy journey in an end-game area. You should DEFINITELY ask questions about tactics and character builds in the DC forum - people there will be glad to help you.

The content is tougher, but that is what most people wanted, as the prior content was a cake walk that took little skill.

Overall, please don't complain about content being too hard until you have worked your build and tactics through discussion with experts.

And have a great day! :)

Another "you're playing it wrong" answer.

That's horsesh!t. Absolute f!cking horsesh!t.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's horsesh!t. Absolute f!cking horsesh!t.

Why? You can clear ( just an example) ToS epic without BIS and without bugusing. You can get blue new gear. Only for leveling. You can get blue gear for IL1600 dungeons that makes you strong enough to go in IL2000 dungeons. Sry, but i looooove the difficulty of the epic dungeons. No kindergarten/"we dont need GF/DC"/ runnign from boss to boss/no challenge module 5 anymore.
    Oh...you only can clear an dungeon with a good grp? Wot a surprise in an MMOPRG...

P.S.: @your sig:
    If you believe this maybe you need some advices in the game? ^^

• Options
    bruceiferbruceifer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's too hard, its frustrating and no fun, vs. it needs to be challenging to be fun, and should be even harder. Watching each camp (and each have sizable numbers) insult each other, and argue in an obviously futile attempt to persuade the other side that they are either lame gamers playing the game wrong, or elitist snobs and wallet warriors is getting laughable; this is like watching the US congress on C Span.

I grew up in the Mountains of the Northeast US, we get a lot of snow and skiing is a major winter activity. I am a fairly skilled skier, and have been skiing for over 40 years. The resorts up here have slopes that run the whole gambit of difficulty level, from ultra easy to extremely challenging. Depending on your preference you can take your pick and find a trail that is fun for you. If a resort limited its slopes to one difficulty at either end of the spectrum they would lose a large portion of their clientele, the idea is to give everyone something they can enjoy. I don't want to chase off all the folks who are less skilled, they help pay for my slopes. Why can't this apply here.

There should be room for everyone to find a campaign with a challenge level that fits them, and have fun there.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    spideymt wrote: »
    Why? You can clear ( just an example) ToS epic without BIS and without bugusing. You can get blue new gear. Only for leveling. You can get blue gear for IL1600 dungeons that makes you strong enough to go in IL2000 dungeons. Sry, but i looooove the difficulty of the epic dungeons. No kindergarten/"we dont need GF/DC"/ runnign from boss to boss/no challenge module 5 anymore.
    Oh...you only can clear an dungeon with a good grp? Wot a surprise in an MMOPRG...

P.S.: @your sig:
    If you believe this maybe you need some advices in the game? ^^

If game devs listened to pseudo-elite players like you then mosts mmos would be shut down nowadays due to lack of players.

You gotta give new players a challenging learning curve. But teaching someone to swim by throwing him in a shark tank is not gonna work. Currently the mobs are overtuned and the majority of the community is (and always has been) formed by casual players. One cannot simply make their daily tasks unfun and not give them a 1600 dungeon that they have a reasonable chance of completing using the auto group finder.
  • Options
    anguis3anguis3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bruceifer wrote: »
    It's too hard, its frustrating and no fun, vs. it needs to be challenging to be fun, and should be even harder. Watching each camp (and each have sizable numbers) insult each other, and argue in an obviously futile attempt to persuade the other side that they are either lame gamers playing the game wrong, or elitist snobs and wallet warriors is getting laughable; this is like watching the US congress on C Span.

I grew up in the Mountains of the Northeast US, we get a lot of snow and skiing is a major winter activity. I am a fairly skilled skier, and have been skiing for over 40 years. The resorts up here have slopes that run the whole gambit of difficulty level, from ultra easy to extremely challenging. Depending on your preference you can take your pick and find a trail that is fun for you. If a resort limited its slopes to one difficulty at either end of the spectrum they would lose a large portion of their clientele, the idea is to give everyone something they can enjoy. I don't want to chase off all the folks who are less skilled, they help pay for my slopes. Why can't this apply here.

There should be room for everyone to find a campaign with a challenge level that fits them, and have fun there.

May I say this it the most reasonable and useful post I have read in months. Great post.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i think their is a problem with how your gear scales to 70, not how hard the mobs hit etc. It is defeintly harder, i enjoy it - at least on my rogue. Will require you to use CC abilities to not die so fast and other tactics unheard of - however those who are slow to catch onto change usually complain without much thought. I've yet to try without using any CC powers though, feels like i take a dip in dps.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If game devs listened to pseudo-elite players ...

Yes. Im a pseudo elite player. I never cleared any dungeon and i got no clue at all to manage bosses/trashes. But its true...mod 5 was much much better and much more challenging.
    Zuviel Kaiserschmarrn gegessen, das du soviel Schmarrn erzählst?

• Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes. Im a pseudo elite player. I never cleared any dungeon and i got no clue at all to manage bosses/trashes. But its true...mod 5 was much much better and much more challenging.
    Zuviel Kaiserschmarrn gegessen, das du soviel Schmarrn erzählst?

When I think of "challenge", I immediately picture my entire party getting killed by Archers as soon as they spawn.
    Because that **** is difficult.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    When I think of "challenge", I immediately picture my entire party getting killed by Archers as soon as they spawn.
    Because that **** is difficult.

What is this, CoD spawn camping now?
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [...warum nicht sachlich bleiben?...]

I'm not arguinging IwD / WoD should be soloable by e.g. people who don't even grab the EE ArtiWeapons and wear Lvl 60 gear. What I do think, however, is that solo dailies should wourk out solo, in campaign- and level-adequate gear, by a moderately skilled player in a reasonable time and without being OSK/2SKed by trash. And it shouldn't be a > 1h thing with some classes...

Mod 5 wasn't better. I'm all for upping to that time's difficulty. I'm also all for having challenging stuff - on demand. Or at a time during the week you choose, that challenge shouldn't interfere with the daily grind. I'd also like to add that this doesn't include the daily HE in IWD, which, as has been mentioned repeatedly in other threads, is an intended multiplayer thing. Still, you don't have to party up for that, you'll almost always find ad hoc fellows joining in by just waiting near the site.

This game's campigns are the "do your time - get rewarded" path. I play(ed) different games where "pass the high hurdle - get reward" is the standard, and I'm fine with that, too, even if you only get a (drop) chance at the reward. "Pass the high hurdle 50 times without the chance for lucky drop", however, isn't on my preferred menue.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    bruceifer wrote: »

im kind of sick repeating this but..
    but thats what they did with mod6, there is easy content in sharandar, tod, 3mans, medium content in dread ring, harder in IWD, WoD and t1, and hc in t2, what many ppl are doing here is falling face down the hardcore slope, breaking their legs and a few ribs and then whining and asking for it to be leveled so they can do it too, instead of doing content thats meant for them

so many ppl are saying that there should be content for everybody, but at the same time asking to remove hc content

aand they added IWD completion token for a reasonable price of 50$ :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    im kind of sick repeating this but..
    but thats what they did with mod6, there is easy content in sharandar, tod, 3mans, medium content in dread ring, harder in IWD, WoD and t1, and hc in t2, what many ppl are doing here is falling face down the hardcore slope, breaking their legs and a few ribs and then whining and asking for it to be leveled so they can do it too, instead of doing content thats meant for them

so many ppl are saying that there should be content for everybody, but at the same time asking to remove hc content

aand they added IWD completion token for a reasonable price of 50$ :D

/sign sign sign....and again SIGN!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    here are some videos made by well known player showing what can be done solo

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbXDrYZP1C1QzweFCgjyds25ykRX-Z4zr
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    here are some videos made by well known player showing what can be done solo

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbXDrYZP1C1QzweFCgjyds25ykRX-Z4zr

YAAAWN!!! People don't tend to want to play like other players they want to play like themselves, maybe incorporate a few tips here and there sure, but spend too much time (for them) trying to perfect game play, nah, too much like work not fun.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    YAAAWN!!! People don't tend to want to play like other players they want to play like themselves, maybe incorporate a few tips here and there sure, but spend too much time (for them) trying to perfect game play, nah, too much like work not fun.

then they shouldnt cry about not being able to do certain content
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    they already nerfed mobs gz...........
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    then they shouldnt cry about not being able to do certain content

Yes they should, that is exactly what they should do. What people should not do is cry about content being too easy when it lies within their control to choose to gear up to make it less easy.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yes they should, that is exactly what they should do. What people should not do is cry about content being too easy when it lies within their control to choose to gear up to make it less easy.

they decide to not put effort in gearing up, they do not put effort in their builds, they do not put effort in their gameplay, What people should not do is cry about content being too hard when it lies within their control to choose to gear up, work on their builds and skills to make it less hard.
    Paladin Master Race