test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problem: XP in new areas is too low. Solution: ...

jimmyharjimmyhar Member Posts: 450 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Problem: XP in new areas is too low.
Solution: LOWER the XP in the older areas.

That's what's coming in today's patch, according to the blog and patch notes.
As "compensation" we'll get one week of double XP.

Just a teeny glimpse into the insane decisions being taken by someone, somewhere.
....has left the building, and the game, and gone to play Guild Wars 2.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The amount of XP given by old campaigns (Sharandar, Dread Ring, Icewind Dale) is already laughable, I was getting like 1500K WITH my Levelling underwear on. The Tyranny of Dragons XP was the only decent XP left in the game and now it's gone. Yay.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    get urself Azure enchantment. I had 5 x Rank 7 Azure enchantment and 2 Garment totalling 75% bonus XP. Leveled my char from in about 10 hours
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not a solution yet. Did you even read the whole thing? They are still trying to figure out what xp reward is right for the campaigns and are for now just making the rewards for all campaigns the same and giving us double xp until they find the real solution.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I used it for levelling my tons of companions, thank you very much. I worked my *** off getting them all to max level before the module because we were told they would still be max level when the mod dropped, but that was not the case. Instead, now I have to get them ALL another five levels, and it takes forever when the XP I get at 70 is atrocious.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    From the blog:

Don't worry. It takes time to become proficient at reading. Besides, the XP rewards in the new zones are fine.

Which means daily ToD quests(kill cultists, ghost stories, local dailies for dragon and whatever) will give no longer 5k exp but 3k as all the other ones. The only unchanged ones are the progress ones, which are one time deals to unlock new "help" repeatable tasks for cloaks.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jimmyhar wrote: »

Just a teeny glimpse into the insane decisions being taken by someone, somewhere.

it is not too low, with gwf and some invoking i did only shore and spinward, on pala i did shore, spinward and 1/3 of fiery, though i did have azures in utility slots

ppl hit lvl 60 before finishing whispering cavern, and that was before invoking added a ton of exp in the mix, my alts are 63.5 just from invoking, and i missed a few days cause of a bug
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yes, but as can be observed in countless other threads, you are a crazy fanatical nutter bloke who is in a minority but who shouts loud and long. 83% of folk in the poll that say they don't like mod 6. Those folk are the majority.

those are the ppl who are whining on forums while ppl who like the mod plays the game instead of voting in stupid polls :P

they added a lot of exp with new invoking system
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its not really a mod, its a rework, Ive said that from the start.. they threw in some lvls and a small story arc, but unless that story arc is relizied with end game content via something like 4 seperate elements, plus new raid in the next few months, then its not much of anything.

4 new dds , based around each element, then a raid to defeat the cult. Then lets not rehash another cult for awhile actually. Im starting to feel bad for these blokes =P

I have NO issue with them taking thier time to do that. But it would be nice if they communicated with us a little more.

In terms of exp, blah to that.. it was a nice alternative path to level up with and avoid the first two zones and just do the third. I understand they are giving us double exp, but I think a better alternative, wouldve been to up the OTHER quests to 4-5k each.

The whole concept of some of these lvl 70 quests giving 1.7k exp is ... well not good.

I neither hate or love this mod, its not a mod to me, there is zero end game added here.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    A majority of the forum users at best. And we're about 10% of the playerbase. So to say that the majority doesn't like this "mod" is overstretching the truth. Not to mention that people dislike it for many different reasons, not all of which include the "low" XP. For example, I dislike this mod because of the lack of a campaign and storyline and the repetitive way we're forced to level to 70. But I do like the increased difficulty even though I'd gone about it in a different way than the game has.

Forum users though, is representative of the playerbase, if you also consider the loss of income and downward player population as factors, its clear since mod 3, some mistakes have been made.

I do agree with you in terms of content, they started it off very well, then, it crashed and burned, why didnt they follow through with more Minsc and Boo content driven story?

Im not trying to bash, in fact, I think the game needed a reboot for awhile and it was a "ok" start, just needs more end game content, better story lines and maybe a small rescaling of damage in some area's dds.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Im not trying to bash, in fact, I think the game needed a reboot for awhile and it was a "ok" start, just needs more end game content, better story lines and maybe a small rescaling of damage in some area's dds.

considering they had enough work with xbox, increasing lvl cap, adding a new class and redesigning stats i have hopes that mod7 might have more focus on polishing existing stuff and adding some quality story, but then again im hoping for that every module xD, but reboot was really needed
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    If mod 6 which promised, "big things" didn't meet your expectations, then I really don't think you should have big expectations for anything else imo.

new class, new level cap, reworked stats, reworked difficulty for the new cap, reworked dungeons, seems quite a lot of work, im not saying there arent issues, but its quite a lot of work, and more than we have gotten in any mod
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    Most of that is just changing a few values around. They likely didn't test it as much as other companies would. If something is of poor quality, then I'm not going to be impressed regardless of how 'much' they've done. All it says to me is that they'd rather toss content for the sake of having content instead of making it good. Shouldn't we be here to have good content. To me the whole campaign equated to rehashed content with new enemies that really didn't feel that threatening, they were jus there and you had to stop them. It felt like the situation was pretty much already under control and that our impact wasn't that great, we just helped out.

If they focused on new and rewarding content, then I'd be happy. Instead they're binding more and more stuff and reducing farming potential more and more. I'm not even as against mod 6 as other people, it's just that I really don't care. If you still want to look forward to future content, then that's your choice, but I've seen the low quality and punishing trend for far too long for me to hope they sort themselves out. Why show support to those that don't care if what they churn out is good or not?

Oh, it was fully tested and tester feedback was completely ignored.

Mod 6 has been a pile of dog <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> from the get-go. It wouldn't have been any more difficult to leave existing content alone and create a new endgame campaign.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From the blog:

Don't worry. It takes time to become proficient at reading. Besides, the XP rewards in the new zones are fine.

Clearly it takes time to become proficient at reading between the lines.

The problem presented was that XP is too low in the new areas. Just how many "non repeatable" quests are available after the main story line is completed? Not a whole lot. So reducing the exp on repeatable quests is a an extremely poor solution to something that should have not been a problem in the first place. There was no problem with the exp rewards in Sharandar, etc. etc. before this mod went live. So why on earth would they make the exp rewards lower?
  • Options
    vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2015

No probem here. I was 70 during the second vigilance phase in spinward rise. And I didnt do anything else but play the new zones.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    No probem here. I was 70 during the second vigilance phase in spinward rise. And I didnt do anything else but play the new zones.

Did you run Azures and inscribed garments? I did and didn't have a problem either, HOWEVER, without that, the exp is way too low.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The XP in the new Mod 6 areas is definitely not too low. I'm going to hit level 70 before I even get through Spinward.

(Yes, I am only at level 68 on my main because I am a casual player).
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    The XP in the new Mod 6 areas is definitely not too low. I'm going to hit level 70 before I even get through Spinward.

Alot of the perception of the new areas could be addressed, by allowing you to take all the quests at once.

But becuase you have to run around and do things 4 quests at a time, often repeating the same quest area over and over and over and over.. its boring.

The 2 first zones are the worst, they are rehashed and do not give any real reason to do them (hence the reason many of us just did ToD dailies instead until 66 , then go to spinward)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »

The problem is, running the old level 55-60 content I was getting 8000-10,000 exp per quest with azures and inscribed garments. The new content was giving around 5000 exp for spinward quests.

To me that is a complete disconnect. I didn't even bother with the new content till I was already level 66. I shouldn't have to run 5 azures and inscribed garments to get 5K exp.

I should also add that despite having run through the old content (at least 10 different characters to 60) I still like the old content and the way the quests/story line were done.

Making level 60 - 70 be done doing dailies/repeated quests is just a cheap cop out and is not a proper design. I find it boring grabbing the same set of quests over and over again. So the reason folks think the XP is too low is also because they don't want to keep doing the same quests over and over.
  • Options
    vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ashnvf wrote: »
    Did you run Azures and inscribed garments? I did and didn't have a problem either, HOWEVER, without that, the exp is way too low.

Nope. No azures, no inscribed garments, no exp boosters. Haven't done a single dungeon run, pvp match or a daily. Just played the game as intended.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    Nope. No azures, no inscribed garments, no exp boosters. Haven't done a single dungeon run, pvp match or a daily. Just played the game as intended.

I don't see how that is possible. I started Spinward Rise at 66 running 5 Rank 10 Azures and inscribed garments so something like 90% bonus XP and didn't hit 70 till just before finishing the 2nd set of Vigilance quests. I did this on 3 different characters and it was pretty much the same point on all of them, so you HAD to be doing something extra (way beyond just the vigilance quests).

Most quests were giving me around 5K exp, with a rare few that gave over 10K.