test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Problem: XP in new areas is too low. Solution: ...

2»

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,289 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ashnvf wrote: »
    Did you run Azures and inscribed garments? I did and didn't have a problem either, HOWEVER, without that, the exp is way too low.

Mine is a GWF who is level 70 without any type of XP boost. He is in the 3rd phrase in the Pit. He needed to level down by the game to level 68 because he is "over experience". He did PVE quest only in the new areas. I did not do any extra vigilance quests. Once, he hit the quota, he moved to the new area. I did occasional HE when it came by. I followed the order of the areas: Coast -> Drowned shore -> Rock -> Pit. No dungeon, no PVP, no daily.

Where else he could get XP? Invocation and leadership profession (the leadership task aims to earn AD, not XP).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    vaargtuyolevaargtuyole Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did you play wow? I did, vanilla to MoP. Mod 6 feels like the change between vanilla to BC. That is to say the difficulty was not scaled around the median player but the top tier. I feel that will always be an incorrect decision, as those who follow will not ever achieve that same status to push into the new content, especially with their deleting of all the old sets or the routes to get the old top tier gear to keep their "raid-ish" instances locked at the level cap, to have immediate challenges rather than making new ones.

My honest problem with the new difficulty is the server stability. Just tacking on HP and DMG to mobs is lazy and cheap and a response to the fact that their servers are garbage. I have rubber banding issues every single day I play and that's really unacceptable. I mean, free game and all that but I've got several free games in my roster that I play that don't have this issue (MWO, War Thunder, LoL, Hearthstone, Heroes of The Storm). Sure they aren't made by Cryptic and sure the two blizzard games have a bigger studio behind them but MWO? and War Thunder? League? Their studios are just as small, League has out grown cryptic but their servers from go have been under more stress than NW has ever had and still has out preformed them with the obvious exception of the derp trolling attack.

The difficulty hasn't been in added mechanics or new abilities because of this and that is a massive failure. Not a big enough one to keep me from enjoying it, I need a PvE game to keep the stress from the others down. But it is really disappointing.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I think I am fortunately that I do not have much rubberband problem in mod 6. I experienced more rubberband problem in mod 5. Granted, I played mod 5 for months and only that many days since mod 6 started (and I play everyday). I also don't do PVP or dungeon (because my char is not equipped well enough). I only do casual PVE in the new area. The rubberband incidence I experienced so far in mod 6 is less than 5 and I play everyday for hours. There were disconnection problem though which is more than 10 incidences.

I am not saying rubberband is not real. I am just saying I am fortunate.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    dameon2kdameon2k Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do not want to highjack the thread but how in the world do you get 5 utility slots? Only my helmet, bracers, and boots offer me this option. Obviously I've missed something along the way...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    dameon2k wrote: »
    I do not want to highjack the thread but how in the world do you get 5 utility slots? Only my helmet, bracers, and boots offer me this option. Obviously I've missed something along the way...

Artifact Equipment such as cloak and belt.