test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Solo Content is TOO hard

asmose01asmose01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I've recently unlocked the portal on my DC and I can't kill the mobs on my own this is a quest you can't get help with and its a real game killer when you guys buff the mobs for opening story line to Shar Dred IWD and the Portal for well of dragons so that unless your a tank with a ton of HP or sky high dps you can't pass them.

80k hp and the hunter kills me in two shots and the mob destroys me if she gets me locked down in a trap this is not fun nor is it funny!

My GWF just unlocked the quest to get his class artifact again all I do is die granted he has no weapon or gear enchants but something like that should not be needed!

Fix your content so that the solo content can be soloed or remove it from the game all together this is just stupid !!!!!:mad:
Post edited by asmose01 on

Comments

• asmose01asmose01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you want us to grind out daily's for your game then tone down the difficulty . . . heroics should be group orientated but daily's unless its a mini dungeon should be easy to pass
  • greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    asmose01 wrote: »
    he has no weapon or gear enchants but something like that should not be needed!

You want everything on a silver platter?

****ing entitled scrubs.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well I'm pretty freakin frustrated that I'll have to invest in a healer companion for my HR because the striker I'm using for immersion sake isn't helping me from getting melted alive in spinward's vigilant tasks. It's impossible to do the 2 leader bosses inside the rehashed orc fort unless I have steady incoming healing as it takes forever to down them while getting hit from them hurts like a banshee.

Zero issue with my CW/TR/GF, they're backed by healers. Either cut down enemy health or the damage. The game shouldn't be both grindy and frustrating at the same time.
    You want everything on a silver platter?

****ing entitled scrubs.

You do realize you need coal wards for weapon/armor enchants don't you? They don't grow on trees.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You should not expect an easy journey in an end-game area. You should DEFINITELY ask questions about tactics and character builds in the DC forum - people there will be glad to help you.

The content is tougher, but that is what most people wanted, as the prior content was a cake walk that took little skill.

Overall, please don't complain about content being too hard until you have worked your build and tactics through discussion with experts.

And have a great day! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »

Overall, please don't complain about content being too hard until you have worked your build and tactics through discussion with experts.

That's exactly whats wrong with it, you shouldn't have to consult build experts just to enjoy the solo game content playing solo.
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I actually enjoy the challenge in the old campaign zones. My GF is at about 97k hp in full eternal set, 2 pieces of elven ward gear (neck and ring), purple and blue new main/off hand... and I like that things in DR actually put up a FIGHT. I went to dwarven valley, and attacked the group of trolls to the left of the entrance... it was an actual fight; there was a moment where I thought I was actually going to be defeated. This is a group I would routinely pwn for amusement pre mod 6. It can be solo'd... it's just not the cakewalk it used to be. Dungeons on the other hand......
  • thewolfisloosethewolfisloose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    80k hp and the hunter kills me in two shots and the mob destroys me if she gets me locked down in a trap this is not fun nor is it funny!

If you get caught by the archer's CC you shouldn't get a gimmie or a do over. This is end-ish game and you just kinda have to die if you mess up.
    b100d31f wrote: »
    That's exactly whats wrong with it, you shouldn't have to consult build experts just to enjoy the solo game content playing solo.

You don't need experts. Adjust your style and if that doesn't work help others and let them help you by teaming up.
  • manzillaprimemanzillaprime Member Posts: 49
    edited April 2015
    b100d31f wrote: »

Actually yes, you should. You shouldn't be able to just throw your character together with random mishmash of armor, and no thought to your powers or tactics and expect to faceroll the new content. You should be expected to need to strategize, optimize your stats, look for weaknesses in your character, or your own abilities. The game was ridiculously easy before, and while some of the group content and dungeons need to be tuned/balanced, the solo content is just fine.

Adapt and overcome.
  • b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    By adapt you mean stop playing because i find it not fun anymore. Don't mind if I do.
    No one said faceroll content

What gets me is that all these minmaxing ppl screaming for harder stuff, yet no body tells them to adapt their play styles, and run under geared and what not. But the minute casual non minmaxed ppl start asking or arguing its too hard for them to play as they played b4, they get told. Consult a build expert, adapt their play style. Well I will adjust my playstyle and that is to not have one.
  • bruceiferbruceifer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    prettycelt wrote: »
    As stated in other threads, the player base has just fragmented into two different camps on this. You all can sit there and try to convert the other side to your way of thinking, but it stands about as much chance of success as Democrats converting Republicans or vice versa. People play the game for different reasons, some more serious, some more casual. Yeah, a challenge is nice. A stupidly hard fight every single time isn't, and that's just my opinion. I liked facerolling old content, personally, it felt good to just kill sh-it without needing tactics every time. I hate grouping, period, I'd rather solo everything when possible. Again, that's just my opinion.

Having yet another thread dedicated to flaming back and forth is pointless. Let's just see what happens tomorrow.

I agree completely, and you will not find a one size fits all solution. There are as of now 4 end game campaign areas. Sharandar, Dread Ring, Well of Dragons, and Ice Wind Dale. There should be room to make them at varying levels of base difficulty so that everyone finds a couple of them fun.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bruceifer wrote: »
    I agree completely, and you will not find a one size fits all solution. There are as of now 4 end game campaign areas. Sharandar, Dread Ring, Well of Dragons, and Ice Wind Dale. There should be room to make them at varying levels of base difficulty so that everyone finds a couple of them fun.
    thats exactly what they did
    Paladin Master Race
    edited April 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    thats exactly what they did

Let me then clarify. Just as I agreed with your suggestion in another thread for an even harder end game campaign to challenge even the best players; I would also be in favor of the first campaign Sharandar per say to be a bit easier for the folks who just made 70 and have low gear and low enchants. Even they should be able to solo their dailys without as the lady above said "every fight being a challenge".

I think most players fall in the middle some where, but it's a game with thousands of players of all ages, experience and play styles. Thus I think each end of the spectrum should have an area they enjoy (make the top harder, make the bottom easier.)
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The difficulty in some areas are driving people away from this game.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i simply cant imagine sharandar/DR/ToD as a challenge, no difference between how it is now and how it was at launch of that module, imho ToD is even easier. the ones that can be challenging are IWD and WoD

IF you do them at lvl 70 as it should be

and WoD just gives few expensive boons that new players cant afford anyway and IWD includes HE's in progression that are too hard for new players(and HE's should be hard, its a 5+ content not solo like before)
    Paladin Master Race
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree it has gotten too hard...

and

the rewards do not reflect this

Urlord
  • haelrahaelra Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    i simply cant imagine sharandar/DR/ToD as a challenge, no difference between how it is now and how it was at launch of that module, imho ToD is even easier. the ones that can be challenging are IWD and WoD

IF you do them at lvl 70 as it should be
    I was in the middle of Dread Ring when MOd-6 went it. Pre-Mod6, I could do the campaign areas solo (as they're designed an intened to be done) though it was oftentimes touch and go. I had to plan attacking certain groups of mobs, and I'd lose health, and even occasionally die, especially in the campaign instances. For those, I would occasionally get a partner, and then it's a lot more certain. Challenging and fun, with steady rewards.

With Mod6, I stopped that, and went and did all four new questing areas. Those were hard, even though I was constantly getting level-appropriate upgrades from the AH. Lots of deaths, lots of partying, lots of painful, not-fun grind against mobs that could one-shot me if I hit them from the wrong angle, or had a blip of lag. I finally got to level 70, had both artifact weapons, bought carefully chosen blue gear from the auction house to round out my gear, and then went back to Dread Ring. The first group of mobs that had a three-pip non-minion killed me in seconds. I kept trying for a bit for a while, but it was worse than the level-up areas. I logged out, and haven't logged back in since.

Will I play again? Maybe, but for now I'm just watching the forums to see how things shake out. Maybe I'll be gone for a few months or a year, and then check back in.
    edited April 2015
    Even if I didn't agree, with dozens of threads full of people complaining about the difficulty I would say to turn it down (in Sharandar and Dreadring). The game at this juncture should not alienate that many people. People arriving in Sharandar have come from Spnward, the mobs should be close to identical in level/difficulty until you earn better gear, just as the mobs in the elemental quests went up in difficulty VERY gradually.

With no more in combat healing enchants the difficulty will be higher than it was before. The game is going to make us dodge and block effectively to survive now, and honestly I soloed the elemental quests in the new blue and green gear with lev 5 enchants, and it was challenging at points but not too bad (just redundant...192 vigilance quests is a bit mind numbing).

That should continue into Sharandar. The jump in difficulty between the air quests and Sharandar should be the same as it was going from one elemental area to the next.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Solo crafting is still very easy fortunately. Hallelujah!!!
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think the IwD and WoD campaign dailies are really frustratingly tough with some classes. And by that mean doing them with Good-ish gear, ILvl >>2k. And in the tighter packed zones, like e.g. Dwarven Valley Trollistan, dodging space is often enough also somewhat reduced.

While I'm happy enough with facing difficult challenges every now and then, I don't like to do this on a regular, daily, workday-after-job basis. I just don't want to have to get all hyped and adrenaline-high after a strenuous workday, when in principle I'm after some relaxation and "something completely different", especially not before going to sleep - with which all that adrenaline somewhat interferes...

And I think that I'm not the only one who feels tlike this.

I'm really OK with letting Dungeons and weeklies like e.g. Biggrins as they currently are (though, judging by the clamour regarding the DC AP effect, many people don't like and/or don't manage that, either...), that's stuff intended for people who are, and times when one is after a challenge, optional, at one's leisure. But dailies are meant to be playable as such, and as solo, and with a wlan and/or meh ISP ping, and within a reasonable time.
  • asmose01asmose01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't need to consult anyone I am one of the people who has spent time and energy since open release as a DC all of my gear is the new gear blue or purple! I have 81k HP P.Vorp P.SF. . . I am not an idiot nor am I a self entitled scrub! yes its an MMO Massive "multy player" but that being said Quests that were designed to be solo content are no longer solo and since crytpic has not got off there buts and given us two tree's to work with I am not specced for DPS because you can't heal a dungeon as a dps cleric any more thank god for that! So I could not do it on my own even when I timed my dodges and ran like a chicken!

In the end I had a friend come and help me, but honestly how many people have the time to log on as a group or have a guild that is not small and fragmented by time zones in this game anymore? so that you can go as a group and smash your dailys, artifact quests and so forth!

they have removed all abbility to solo effectivly, I am agree that the game needed to be made more difficult but even mmo's through time were set so that you could have the option of doing dailys solo or as a group and this has become a game breaker for anyone who is not a P2P player or those of us that have played since beta or live! So when your flaming me for venting my frustration over solo content being none existent in a game based on being able to solo or group think what it would be like if you deleated all your toons epic craft tools ad gold and started from scratch and see if you still have the same opinion!

For those that did not flame and took the oportunity to say somthing inteligent I thank you!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Player survivability, especially with respect to the ability to solo dailies once more, is what I'm looking for first and foremost going forward. I cannot stress this enough.

I would prefer to be explicit in describing the precise degree to which I consider this issue critical, but alas gremlins keep causing causing that information to vanish into the ether. I guess forum bugs plague us all. Let's see if the bug misses this one: the ability to solo dailies is linked to the amount of enjoyment I derive from playing the game via a direct causal relationship. One way of categorizing it would be as a necessary but not sufficient condition.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't need to consult anyone I am one of the people who has spent time and energy since open release as a DC all of my gear is the new gear blue or purple! I have 81k HP P.Vorp P.SF. . . I am not an idiot nor am I a self entitled scrub! yes its an MMO Massive "multy player" but that being said Quests that were designed to be solo content are no longer solo and since crytpic has not got off there buts and given us two tree's to work with I am not specced for DPS because you can't heal a dungeon as a dps cleric any more thank god for that! So I could not do it on my own even when I timed my dodges and ran like a chicken!

In the end I had a friend come and help me, but honestly how many people have the time to log on as a group or have a guild that is not small and fragmented by time zones in this game anymore? so that you can go as a group and smash your dailys, artifact quests and so forth!

they have removed all abbility to solo effectivly, I am agree that the game needed to be made more difficult but even mmo's through time were set so that you could have the option of doing dailys solo or as a group and this has become a game breaker for anyone who is not a P2P player or those of us that have played since beta or live! So when your flaming me for venting my frustration over solo content being none existent in a game based on being able to solo or group think what it would be like if you deleated all your toons epic craft tools ad gold and started from scratch and see if you still have the same opinion!

For those that did not flame and took the oportunity to say somthing inteligent I thank you!

I agree that the difficulty can be challenging, but I changed my play style as well as replaced augment with battlefield healer. I have been farming the well and IWD. The only time i had trouble was with HE's and greater polar bears. Just completed Bigrin died 3 times before I figured out the rotation. There is no more tanking and a lot more dodging. Toon is a SS Thaum CW 2.6k GS. 62k HP. High gear score does help.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    You should not expect an easy journey in an end-game area. You should DEFINITELY ask questions about tactics and character builds in the DC forum - people there will be glad to help you.

The content is tougher, but that is what most people wanted, as the prior content was a cake walk that took little skill.

What I think most people wanted was a 3rd tier legendary level for skirmishes and dungeons. Instead the dev crew took a gamble and changed the whole game. And the gamble failed for them.

We now have a new lead developer though, who is going to start making changes in the game. So I would suggest giving him about 6 months to show that he has the game on the right path, the path that WE want. Otherwise jump ship.

Honestly I was going to be gone if I didnt see some changes for the SW in todays patch, but as with everything in this game lately, they manage to buy themselves just a little more time.

No more excuses. Make the game enjoyable for the playerbase, or we're gone. You cant make it any more plain the that. And I know you cannot please all the people all the time, but Neverwinter can do alot better then it is now. Nobody can deny that.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    too hard content ,you have to thank the wallet warriors.they ask for it
    its easier for most of them to buy their way up than play the game
    and for the 1 shot mobs,if I as a warrior cant 1 shot them they should not be able to 1 shot me
    yep big mistake
    they can change the name to titanic
  • kaucukovnik6kaucukovnik6 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm a lowly equipped GWF (green elemental main & offhand + blue gear from AH), and I find the solo difficulty fine so far (Dread Ring, Sharandar). I have to pick my battles and not just follow the breadcrumb trail and kill everything in its path.

Yeah, rewards are underwhelming and nothing useful drops, ever.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After leveling 3 characters to 70 I can say that the solo difficulty depends a lot on your class! I was actually a bit surprised how easy everything was with my GWF (can still solo HEs) after leveling up my wizard and warlock first. Probably because the GWF gets more powerful the more damage she takes (can do unstoppable after 1 hit), while my warlock has to be lucky for a life steal proc to even survive trash mobs...
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey hey now. I know someone who knows someone, who's a cousin of a dev who knows someone. And word is that their official unofficial statement is... "Talk to the Hand".

Again...I really want to see a feature when we can give + for the comment.
    THIS !!!! mwhahahahah
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've recently unlocked the portal on my DC and I can't kill the mobs on my own this is a quest you can't get help with and its a real game killer when you guys buff the mobs for opening story line to Shar Dred IWD and the Portal for well of dragons so that unless your a tank with a ton of HP or sky high dps you can't pass them.

My GWF just unlocked the quest to get his class artifact again all I do is die granted he has no weapon or gear enchants but something like that should not be needed!

Fix your content so that the solo content can be soloed or remove it from the game all together this is just stupid !!!!!:mad:

The mob got u locked down in a trap?
    You think you are (or should be) able to play level 70 end-game areas without gear/enchantments?
    Gear should not be needed to play end-game content? Whats about chars? Is a keyboard needed or a mouse? A brain?
    You REALLY think just because YOU can not play solo ...OTHERS can´t do it too?
    Maybe the cookie-times are over? Learn to play. Think first and DO NOT TROLL!

//Bellistor
  • nasfaelnasfael Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello,

I started on this game about 3 weeks before the patch.

I am a experienced MMO player, but having a family, I consider myself a casual player.

I reached lvl60, about 1 week before the patch, bought T2 set for too cheap from the HV, and had a strong feeling that this game was **** too easy, with 12k equipment lvl, no enchant above lvl 5, playing mostly solo, excepted some WD content, nothing was really opposing any challenge.

Note I didn't try any T1/T2 dungeon since Mod6.

Since mod6...
    I would say first impression was that difficulty was unbalanced, some mobs could one shot kill you, like the sorceress in the 1st levelling zone.
    Then in the 2nd zone, the caster mobs, one shot kill.
    Zapped the 3rd zone completely, the 16 vigilance quests per area are IMHO too many, and boring, should be adujsted to 12, as you can easily level to 70 avoiding completely one of the levelling zones...
    In the 4th one, everything was starting to be easier, excepted the Giants, most mobs and quests are affordable solo, the 3 people mini-dungeons are doable with 2-3 people, nothing in this area seems to have a ugly one shot power trigerring from time to time like in the 2 previous one.
    Actually in Shar and Dred I am even able to solo the mini dungeons with 1600 i LVL.
    Didn't go back into WD zone yet, anyway don't need it to progress on boons as of yet just need the menestrel quests.

So, my point, from a new player perspective, the game is now working as expected, it was too easy before, my opinion is that it is better balanced now than before mod 6.

But as I said, I didn't try the dungeons yet, from what I read they suffer, like the first 61-70 levelling area, of some mobs damage that need tuning, especially those with one shot powers that tend to make you throw the keyboard by the window when they are able to hit because of lag, the payoff is too big, or for the half second of lack of attention, game should keep being fun, too much challenge may ruin that for alot of people.

Have fun.
  • magnusolammagnusolam Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2015
    prettycelt wrote: »
    As stated in other threads, the player base has just fragmented into two different camps on this. You all can sit there and try to convert the other side to your way of thinking, but it stands about as much chance of success as Democrats converting Republicans or vice versa. People play the game for different reasons, some more serious, some more casual. Yeah, a challenge is nice. A stupidly hard fight every single time isn't, and that's just my opinion. I liked facerolling old content, personally, it felt good to just kill sh-it without needing tactics every time. I hate grouping, period, I'd rather solo everything when possible. Again, that's just my opinion.

The main difference between the two camps is that one is calling for a more inclusive/viable game, while the other wants a more exclusive game (more likely to fail through lack of funding). If you want Neverwinter to continue it seems sensible to opt for a more inclusive game IMHO.

Also, some players like to play with multiple characters with differing builds, this means that they will probably never get any character maxed out on gear (which wasn't previously a problem). Why have differing builds in the game if there ends up being only one viable build, for those who want to play a variety of styles going the way of exclusivity is likely to see them go the way of a different MMO.

Players who max out their gear should remember that ultimately they are reliant on 'lesser' players continuing to play in order for Neverwinter to exist.