test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch notes for 23rd ?

pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
So, we've been told preview patch notes were only a small part of long and snaky list of fixes that are going to go on live server on 23rd.

So, here were are 1 day ahead of the D-day,
Which has been foretold by many players as stay or go~

Now,
When will we get to see FULL list of patch notes for patch that is coming tomorrow ? I am pretty sure team cryptic already got finalized build by now ... > _ >
Post edited by pancakeattax on

Comments

• Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We never get patch notes until maintenance is actually under way.
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We never get patch notes until maintenance is actually under way.

This. It is wise to withhold patch notes on big patches until the last minute. Sometimes something doesn't make it in for one reason or another, or maybe during internal testing before they open the server back up they find a bug they can avoid by pulling out one of the fixes. There are too many whiners who will scream that they were lied to and cheated if something in the published notes can't make it in.
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't know about D Day.

I'd say Mod 6 was Terminator's Judgement Day. Now we are hoping for a John Connor to come along and somehow get us out of this mess.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Come with me! If you want to patch.
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well I think that ALWAYS patch notes was publishe before servers restarts (not including hidden fixes, just few of them).
    Anyway Cryptac know he screw up game. I really dont believe they don't read our complains, suggestion, wishes or regular bug reports.

The point is if they are able to fix all of their mistakes in so short time.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I dont think there will be a patch note at this point. If it was going to have a big impact it would be on preview already
  • Options
    zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    fixed it :D

Nah, it was more correct before. They've always been both fairly vague and very confident of their fixes in patch notes.

Lest we forget the lfg queues which weren't able to, and as far as I know still aren't in pvp, backfill a party when someone left. That got mentioned as fixed at least twice in patch notes, neither of which times was it fixed at all. This is the only MMO I've ever played where the devs couldn't get a queue to work right....
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think tomorrow will be actual mod 6 release. What we played last 2 weeks was obviously beta version.
    Probably all of old dungeons will be available again in mod6 style.
    HR & DC so-called exploits won''t be fixed. Neither will be DH problem.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    I think tomorrow will be actual mod 6 release. What we played last 2 weeks was obviously beta version.

I love your attitude.

I have played MMO's where they have done similar things. Having some people work on the issues during the preview is not as telling, when it comes to the entire community, as seeing the issues with an open beta.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mmm1001 wrote: »

Agree

I still think the mod 6, is incomplete.
    By, I cant opine on it.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys, I'll post any patch notes as soon as I possibly can and probably very soon. Thanks for your concern.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am looking forward to patch day tomorrow.

I hope that they fix the HR bug..
    So tired of hearing "Do you have that set? no.. ok we dont want you" or get invited to party, inspected (dont have the set), and instant kicked from party because of it..
    My char is not in a guild so I resort to random grp and the LFG channel. Sooner this fixed the better.

I would however like to the see the T2 dungeons adjusted at least a little bit. My HR has over 88K HP (and no she does NOT have that set) and getting 1 shot by T2 bosses is not fun.

For Example:
    I have checked my combat log after several attempts at ToS and seen my char get one shot for over 120 - 130K damage taken from the spider queen each time we attempted it.. Doesn't matter how good your DC or Paly can buff you or heal you. That much damage cannot be outhealed in one shot..

Please adjust the dungeons some.. Not alot where its as easy as pre mod 6, but at least to the point we at least have some kind of chance to win without teams having to use expoits or bugs just to win..
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys, I'll post any patch notes as soon as I possibly can and probably very soon. Thanks for your concern.

Thank you kind Sir !
    You have no idea how many friends of mine are on the verge of quitting..
    I been telling them patch on 23rd will get this mod 6 situation sorted !
    I am ready for miracles !
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I doubt they'll post everything that got fixed in those patch notes. There's always some small fix here and there that are forgotten.
  • Options
    forcemajureforcemajure Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tick....tick....tick....tick....tick....
  • Options
    sher0013sher0013 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know, maybe I'm asking for too much, but I really hope the situation will become better after the patch. For now this is getting ridiculous - t2, dragons and tiamath are impossible to complete without certain bugs and it is not normal, when the mission turns into a total bug-exploiting. And I also hope that these certain bugs will be fixed - or, even if difficulty is lowered, HR and DC will be the most desired classes. As a TR Executioner that didn't get ultimate bug-feature and was also nerfed I already feel as undesired and useless as in almost any other module except m5. If this does not stop, the game will be interesting only for rangers, clerics, paladins and, of course, mages.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Also include any fix for Authors to make Foundry Quests work again? Most of them are having an [Admin] Map Transfer Failed. error
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are they going to make it so the dragon's in WoD drop the greater belts tomorrow? and the fact that most of the time you only get coins and enchantment?
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • Options
    drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hope to see more dungeons get added back in SO BORED atm sitting around in PE (last mod was interesting) and also hope to see IWD/WoD campaign package (like Dread/Shar)
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think it should be more than patch notes, personally. I think there should be something like a 'state of the game' address by the producer, or at least their best attempt at explaining what the deal was with the initial Mod 6 release.
  • Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still have my doubts that we will anything close to a big patch tomorrow considering that nothing new is on preview. I can imagine a few small changes and maybe a fix for the worst exploits, but I have 0 hopes for something radical that can make this mod fun to play.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tomiotar wrote: »
    I still have my doubts that we will anything close to a big patch tomorrow considering that nothing new is on preview. I can imagine a few small changes and maybe a fix for the worst exploits, but I have 0 hopes for something radical that can make this mod fun to play.

Yea, its nearly 5PM Cryptic time. And nothing yet has been posted on the PTS shard. At this point, it seems like "The big patch" is going to get delayed.

Its also worth pointing out that they never promised a big patch on the 23rd.
    In addition, we are targeting a build with many additional fixes for release on 4/23.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?871891-Elemental-Evil-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-45-20150317a-5&p=10418051&viewfull=1#post10418051

They did leave themselves a little wiggle room. And once again the community took any statement as a hard commitment.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea, its nearly 5PM Cryptic time. And nothing yet has been posted on the PTS shard. At this point, it seems like "The big patch" is going to get delayed.

I hate reading tea leaves, but if it winds up being delayed, here's hoping that it's due to the message being received. A poll running 5-to-1, with over 400 votes, showing that people can't stand mod 6 is a pretty clear signal. Thread after thread, with post after post, exhibiting frustrated and infuriated players is a *really* clear signal.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    I hate reading tea leaves, but if it winds up being delayed, here's hoping that it's due to the message being received. A poll running 5-to-1, with over 400 votes, showing that people can't stand mod 6 is a pretty clear signal. Thread after thread, with post after post, exhibiting frustrated and infuriated players is a *really* clear signal.

The only two options on that poll were loving it and can't stand it, and since mod 6 had issues it was difficult for anyone to say loving it. Not sure how much of a clear message that is. I didn't think "Can't stand it", but I put that because I didn't think "loving it" mainly because the dungeon I did was to easy... go figure... Which I thought was funny in retrospect.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't blame Cryptic or any Dev but it really seems like what has been going on here is exponential failure. Like you start with three fails, try to fix them and it becomes nine fails, 81 fails....so on and on. I would not be shocked to see some things addressed in the patch, but more problems created than are fixed.

Disappointment is the word of the day for mod 6 and no magic from Cryptic can fix that, only the players own tightly managed expectations. Management of customer expectations is a key fail for many troubled operations. And I am not sure I have seen an operation more troubled than this game. I want it to do well but reality is reality.

SO...be satisfied with the game as it is now and don't expect it to get better literally over night. That will reduce your disappointment tomorrow.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Thanks, be really nice too see some of the balance changes that we've been waiting for. I hope lostmauths set is going to be adjusted, ATM it's so much more overpowered than any of the other sets even people who have STR/DEX as non-class ability scores use it for the amazing dps increase. it needs a serious look at because its just limiting gear options for endgame at the moment. Sadly I have the expectation that this will not be adjusted for a while though, unless a quickfix ICD is added or something.

It'll also be nice to know what bugs are being fixed in this release also. Some enchants are still broken, underpowered, overpowered. etc. I hope that the player feedback that has been everywhere on the forum is taken seriously and module 7 (and the patches to come in module 6) is one for the community.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,