Patch notes for 23rd ?

2»

Comments

• jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    As a D3 player i'm quite familiar with their soonTM trademark :P
    but guess what another layer of Cryptic soonTM:

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance - 4/23 7AM PDT (Pacific)

Neverwinter will have its scheduled maintenance on 4/23 at 7AM PDT (Pacific) with an estimated downtime of 2 hours.

We'll update you here and on our social channels when the maintenance is done.

Patch notes to be posted very soon. We'll update this thread with the link when they're posted.

Dear Mr Strumslinger, saying "very soon" all day isn't really a good start as a CM >_>
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jharlis wrote: »
    As a D3 player i'm quite familiar with their soonTM trademark :P
    but guess what another layer of Cryptic soonTM:

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance - 4/23 7AM PDT (Pacific)

Neverwinter will have its scheduled maintenance on 4/23 at 7AM PDT (Pacific) with an estimated downtime of 2 hours.

We'll update you here and on our social channels when the maintenance is done.

Patch notes to be posted very soon. We'll update this thread with the link when they're posted.

Dear Mr Strumslinger, saying "very soon" all day isn't really a good start as a CM >_>

the problem with them saying "patch notes will be posted very soon" worries me in the sense that they have the maintenence planned, but they don't have patch notes ready. which makes me think the planned patch may not be ready, and instead we'll get something else as they don't want to post the planned patch notes in case they are unable to keep the commitment.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't get your hope raise for fixing bug.. this is cryptic we talking about
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, whatever changes we'll see in the upcoming weeks had better be good. I just logged in momentarily to let my guildies know that the patch notes were up (I guess this whole guildmaster thing is beginning to seep in now that I was drafted into it, but that's another story). Unfortunately, no one else was on. At 10pm EDT, that NEVER happens. Not a good sign, guys. Let's hope that they really mean it, because it looks like they're going to have to earn an awful lot of trust back.

As for myself, I'm still in a hold mode. Even with a new 3205 iLvl, I still can't survive many WoD dailies (and, I presume, IWD as well), so those are no-go areas for me. I actually have a need for more Zen for coal wards, but at the moment I'm planning to keep Zen purchases on hold as well. If communication keeps flowing from Cryptic and I become convinced that they're making a good-faith effort to make difficulty sane again (as opposed to being tailored only to the hard-core BiS power-gamers), then I'm prepared to start purchasing Zen once again.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • xginocidexxginocidex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Patch notes are up, but they're basically a very long list of bugfixes -- nothing to address the difficulty issues. We're still wait-and-see on that score.

That said, for the last couple of days all I could think of was the scene in Apollo 13 when the crew was asking for the re-entry procedure and they kept getting put off.

"We'll get that procedure to you just as soon as we can. Ken Mattingly is in the simulator right now working on it."

"Ken's working on it?"

"They don't know how to do it."

"I think Jack's right."
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xginocidex wrote: »

Any idea what his forum account would be? would be great to get some Design insight from him. he should do an AMA, and actually like, answer questions based on a design standpoint. would be really interesting too see why some decisions were made .
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was pretty hopeful for the patch.
    Then I saw it's all easy work for devs.

Change a variable here, edit a string there, copy/paste etc.
    Nothing worthwhile has been fixed.

It's hilarious how they hopped on "fixing" DC's AP bug so fast but still can't speed up the animations for SW encounters.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hopefully the campaigns get fixed today.
    then hopefully i can unlock something from the campaigns, because right now i can't. i mean iwd and sharandar. Tod have not tested it yet.that.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Where is the gwf proposed changes they said would be implemented?
    Did I miss something? Its been 2-3 weeks, and that was the proposal time?