test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Paladin the new Tr?

sirrapprosirrappro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvP Discussion
Paladins are way to op at the moment. There should be no reason a class can tank 4 individuals for over 1 minute then come back and 1 hit you. Facing a paladin 1v1 as any melee class atm is impossible. The scary thing is that 90% of paladins i have faced arent even geared and their doing this much damage, with green items. And the few geared ones i faced our literally impossible(especially at low levels) to kill. Imagine when paladins are fully geared with legendary artifacts, this is going to be way to op.
Post edited by sirrappro on

Comments

• dbpunchdbpunch Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't worry they will be nerfed in tomorrow patch
  • drey181drey181 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PvP wise they are OP. PvE wise, no. It takes over 30 seconds to kill a freakin mob at 60+, my DC kills mobs more than three times as fast. The only good attack power they have is their first daily. The rest are super weak or 100% support. Pretty much you can't die but your damage is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, other than your daily of course. Overall they need less hit points and their daily needs to be taken down about 25-35% damage. My Paladin has more than 2x hit points than my DC, which has epic gear. At level 30 I had the same hit points as my lvl63 DC, it's crazy.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    their first daily is way too OP. but i dont think that way. CW is the new TR, paladin is just another broken class. well at least in my cleric, cw is a pain. rogues not anymore.
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    their first daily is way too OP. but i dont think that way. CW is the new TR, paladin is just another broken class. well at least in my cleric, cw is a pain. rogues not anymore.

Dont compare CW to TR becouse he can tank 2 or even more people through very long time. CW 2 vs 1 is dead in 10 second, so please stop babbling "CW is new TR".
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CW is the new CW.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dbpunch wrote: »
    Don't worry they will be nerfed in tomorrow patch

Nerfed? More like buffed if they fix the bugs.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CW is ranged version of TR which have OP shield instead of stealth ;)
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Nerfed? More like buffed if they fix the bugs.
    and you know they will cause it will earn them money
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "I can't fight against new class, because I don't know its powers, capabilities and limitations, therefore new class is OP, I'm pro by the way"
    edited April 2015
    lerdocix wrote: »
    "I can't fight against new class, because I don't know its powers, capabilities and limitations, therefore new class is OP, I'm pro by the way"

pallys owns gf. the only thing gf had going for it is its amazingness to oulast the opponent. pallys take ti down easily. but thats just pvp. in pve pally still owns gf. because pally can heal amazingly.
    edited April 2015
    pallys owns gf. the only thing gf had going for it is its amazingness to oulast the opponent. pallys take ti down easily. but thats just pvp. in pve pally still owns gf. because pally can heal amazingly.
    A tank beats a melee DPS.
    More news at 11.
    Also, GF have incomparably better DPS then pally, if you want to escape a pally, all you have to do is walk away, if you have to escape GF, good luck with that when you're marked and have him chase you with lunging strike, bull charge and either griphons wrath or anvil.

Also if pally is healing amazingly, he isn't tanking. If he is tanking, he doesn't heal at all.
    Last time I checked GF didn't had healing paragon, feats or powers, so why are you comparing it here?

Pallies do not have magical 26/26/26 spec with both paragon chosen at once you know.
    edited April 2015

^ Pretty much this.
    edited April 2015
    A tank beats a melee DPS.
    More news at 11.
    Also, GF have incomparably better DPS then pally, if you want to escape a pally, all you have to do is walk away, if you have to escape GF, good luck with that when you're marked and have him chase you with lunging strike, bull charge and either griphons wrath or anvil.

Also if pally is healing amazingly, he isn't tanking. If he is tanking, he doesn't heal at all.
    Last time I checked GF didn't had healing paragon, feats or powers, so why are you comparing it here?

Pallies do not have magical 26/26/26 spec with both paragon chosen at once you know.

why cant a pally tank run healing abilities? and healing is tankyness havnt you learned this from clerics?
    edited April 2015
    why cant a pally tank run healing abilities? and healing is tankyness havnt you learned this from clerics?

Check pally powers and paragon descriptions and how the powers actually work with different paragon and you'll know why.

Until that, my previous post quoted by zvieris applies SPECIFICALLY to you.

You don't even know how the class works and call it OP? Please, don't humiliate yourself.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yesterday i got hit for 106k no crit from a known paladin with a daily.... while we were hitting in 4 just scratching its temporary hp.
    Balanced.
    edited April 2015
    Check pally powers and paragon descriptions and you'll know why.
    i have. my pally still does fine. but myne isnt even near 60 yet.
    edited April 2015
    i have. my pally still does fine. but myne isnt even near 60 yet.

Check again, this time read the parts where it states how skills change depending on paragon.
    If by that time you still won't know why healy pala doesn't tank and prot pala doesn't heal, and feats won't change that as with DC, then we have nothing to talk about until you get a clue.
    edited April 2015
    Check again, this time read the parts where it states how skills change depending on paragon.
    If by that time you still won't know why healy pala doesn't tank and prot pala doesn't heal, and feats won't change that as with DC, then we have nothing to talk about until you get a clue.

repeat that and be less rude. healing pally AGAIN is tankiness by definition. same as a dc is.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Isn't a little bit early to call for a nerf to a class,that correctly have staten,99% of us here,don't know its powers,its rotation,its dailies etc?

I find it unfair.
    Let the palls take a shine in the sun.

I played around 50 games untill now ,face a dozen or so OPs.They are easy to handle.But state again that this is a new class and 99% of the toons we see in pvp are undergeared,unexperienced and boonless.We have to wait at least a month untill we have just the possibility to make an assesment and an evaluation.

OPs should not even consider for a nerf untill then.And even then we have to compare them with other classes.

First the M1 Abraams CWs,then the DCs,then the Sab MIs .And ofcourse the real -problem now in pvp,which is :

The perma daze -root HR that eats 30k hp from your hit bar and your log shows nothing.Deal with this first guys (and the feytouched/trans terror combo of trapper TR) and then with the "OP" (!) poor Pally.

Conclusion:
    LEAVE PALLYS ALONE!!!! :mad:
    edited April 2015
    LEAVE PALLYS ALONE!!!! :mad:

This reminded me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc
    :D
    edited April 2015
    repeat that and be less rude. healing pally AGAIN is tankiness by definition. same as a dc is.

Yes, healing pala is tanky, but not as much as prot one and it definitely will not kill anything as it could have a fresh trout for a weapon nd it would be equally effective "killing machine".

And just because GF doesn't know how to kill pally or can't out dps his heals doesn't mean pally is OP.
    You wouldn't judge pvp efficiency of a class below max level with zero pvp gear, zero boons, zero enchants before mod6, what makes you think you can now?
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited April 2015

^^^

lol :)
  • greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only class that seems to kill Paladin with relative ease right now is the CW.

CW has surpassed TR now.
    edited April 2015
    Paladin is in fact the new TR. (minus the stealth)

Their damage mitigating skill duration is too long in pvp. Paladins with pve gear can tank an entire team in pvp and don't take any damage for AGES. It's just as bad as the TR constantly rolling and stealthing in order to not get hit, while stalling an entire team.

#edit:
    I just counted the seconds of immunity, or whatever we may call it. It seems 20-25 seconds... with no cooldown ontop of that... Can my GWF get infinite unstoppable, too please? Or my GF infinite block? It is just another stab into the backs of the real melee classes, in my OP-inion. I don't even know the name of the skill that i'm complaining about, tbh. But i know it is a 'bit' out of line and could use slight adjustments. (not trying to enrage anybody, just stating what i've witnessed in 50+ Dom matches, and 30+ GG matches so far.)

However, every match against a paladin, they were paired up with a DC. If the constant damage immunity is due to the well known DC exploit, then i apologize in advance, already.

Have a good one.

And how much damage does Paladin inflict against thebteam he's tanking, hm? If he manages to tank a whole team it's because he has specced and chosen defensive encounters only. But then again, you got to be pretty dumb to fight one paladin with half a team while his team mates are capturing other points :) it's the same as trying to get rid of one saboteur TR with a whole team. But hell, the saboteur can actually clear the node, unlike paladin.

So instead of complaining without knowing anything about the class, read trough the tips shadow has given you in this thread.

And yes, with DC bug Paladin can be pretty much invincible due to 20s long daily that gives 80% damage reduction.
  • misharonamisharona Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And how much damage does Paladin inflict against thebteam he's tanking, hm? If he manages to tank a whole team it's because he has specced and chosen defensive encounters only. But then again, you got to be pretty dumb to fight one paladin with half a team while his team mates are capturing other points :) it's the same as trying to get rid of one saboteur TR with a whole team. But hell, the saboteur can actually clear the node, unlike paladin.

So instead of complaining without knowing anything about the class, read trough the tips shadow has given you in this thread.

And yes, with DC bug Paladin can be pretty much invincible due to 20s long daily that gives 80% damage reduction.

Guilty party here. I tried killing a pally last night and barely dented his armor. No other toons in sight from either team so it was just he and I, mano y mano. He also didn't dent my GF. It boiled down to useless expenditure of testosterone for both of us. Finally I moved out and found a HR to pick on.

I'm a newbie to this game so coming in just with the latest release is...interesting. With a lot of thread reading today, I understand the concern regarding the power of the OP and the concern of him being a better tank than the GF. Even without any personal history in this game I am able to understand why many players are upset. At the same time, having quite a bit of experience with other MMO's, this all seems quite natural to me. A new class creates new problems, different tactics, new critics and some fans. It's no different when WOW does an expansion--there is always a great wailing and gnashing of teeth until things get sorted out (ie--balanced).

My 1st impressions of Neverwinter are "It's Fun" and time will tell if it stays that way for me. I certainly am not trying to upstage you veterans who have much more experience than I (Salute) but I think (hope?) that the play balance issues with the release of a new class are normal and will take time to iron out the little wrinkles and hack off the alarming branches. As a newbie, my biggest concern is why I can't get into those dungeons even though I have the quest and am the appropriate level....

Cheers!
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015

Funny how that same sentiment never applied to us TRs.

So if a Paladin decides to go full defensive its OK for them to be able to tank the entire other team, but if a TR decides to go full defensive for node trolling against 3~4 people, its is broken OP.

Talk about friggin bias and double standards. ROFL.

In you people's own words, "nothing should be able to fight and hold off 3~4 enemies at a time" -- which I personally agree to, FYI -- because being able to do so inherently effects the outcome of a domination rule match much too severely.

(ps) It's just too funny to see how easy it is to predict which people move over to which bandwagon when new patches/mods arrive. LOL
    edited April 2015

So if a Paladin decides to go full defensive its OK for them to be able to tank the entire other team, but if a TR decides to go full defensive for node trolling against 3~4 people, its is broken OP.

In you people's own words, "nothing should be able to fight and hold off 3~4 enemies at a time" -- which I personally agree to, FYI -- because being able to do so inherently effects the outcome of a domination rule match much too severely.

(ps) It's just too funny to see how easy it is to predict which people move over to which bandwagon when new patches/mods arrive. LOL

Yeah, you're good at posting stuff without context. Where did you learn that? School of balls in mirrors? Cool story bro. A TR who can hold a whole team by himself and kill them one by one and paladin who can't scratch anyone but tank good are two very different things. So shut up and get back to ballmirroring.
    edited April 2015

I'd rather fight a concrete brick using plastic knife then against laughing shadow with best sword in the world.
    You can CC and knock away pally of the node, what you can do to TR you can't even see and once you do, can't kill?
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm noticing people who whine about OP are the ones blowing their whole rotation and a daily or two while the OP has Sanctuary up.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    yeah man but no. You missed the part where ther troll rogue actually has killing capability while the troll paladin can only hold on to his own hp bar without being a threat to the opposing teams HP

Didn't miss anything.

As a matter of fact I specifically mentioned the reason behind it, at which point I realized that whenever I even speak of this "reason", everyone usually starts to fall silent and decide to not respond at all, just ignore the issue, forget the whole thing, and then return to TR bashing a few days later as if nothing happened.

Yeah, you heard me right. The moment I mention the ill-effects of broken AP gain rates through EPIC PHAIL ideas such as Sigil of the Divine and AP cloaks, and how it fundamentally scars PvP balance by flooding the game with daily spams, allowing all classes to just non-stop spam 'special powers' that were never meant to be used so often. The only way a TR survives against multiple enemies with same amount of skill, experience, gear of the top level, they were doing it by spamming dailies every 20~30sec intervals.

So clearly, the players chose to not press the issue, and just suffer the TRs as they are, rather than agree to implement a solution that removes a bad idea that had ill-effects to both PvP and PvE as a whole... because heck, none of them had the balls admit that abnormal AP gain rate is a part of the problem, and it needs to go away, even if it means they can't spam dailies any more.

None of those hypos have any right to complain about the TR.