test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogue's are extremely over powered/PvP not replacing players when it should

bulletplayer2bulletplayer2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvP Discussion
Rogue's are unbelievably Over powered in PvP, it's almost unbearable. You take one class that can easily take out 3 guy's almost one hitting everyone of them, I'm a Guardian Fighter with 35,000+ HP, and they take out half my HP in a single hit, and then at the same time as taking out half my HP in one hit they also stun lock me leaving me unable to defend myself therefore killing me in one encounter..... Not to mention my character type is the SLOWEST in the game, I do have some moves that stun lock, but I can't hit most people with them types of moves, because everybody's got some form of move that makes them dodge attacks, so referring to the Rogue specifically they can hit me, stun lock me, and take out half of my HP in the one hit. Then when I come out of stun lock I can try to use one of my encounter moves and it just says "DODGED", I can't block the stun lock invis move if I do successfully block the move it still takes a lot of my HP, and from what I noticed happen to me I still get stun locked, and I can't dodge it. I personally think the Rogue's need to be fixed to where it's not the most overpowered Character type in the game, I can't even enjoy a single PvP game because these Rogue's are ruining the fun. Also I'd like to point out that when somebody backs out in PvP they don't get replaced so then you're stuck with one less person, there was a few games where I was the only one left on my team against 5 guy's. What's one Guardian Fighter supposed to do by them self in a PvP game besides leave, and I personally am not about leaving games what's the point in playing if your just going to back out when it's a tougher game... So why should I be punished when I don't back out? There should be some sort of penalty for quitting early such as a timer on when you can join another PvP queue, or the next game (depending on how many games you back out prior) you get a percentage based on games deducted from your end game reward(s). Anyway these are things I personally feel need to be looked at by game DEV's just to make the game feeling more balanced, and to encourage to finish games, specifically when the game gets tough.
Post edited by bulletplayer2 on

Comments

• robertdiazrobertdiaz Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    I still don't understand why people keep complaining about rogues. The real evil is the cleric my friend...
    Britney Spears Hunter Ranger

twitch.tv/xx_alucard
  • bulletplayer2bulletplayer2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Honestly I don't have problems with healers, it's the rogue's that are annoying. I can kill a healer. rogue's are extremely frustrating to deal with. I don't mind playing with them in PvE. I don't even like playing with them when they're on my team in PvP, I feel like it's a greasy win. If they were more balances it would be fine.
  • sudnd3thsudnd3th Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rogues are suppose to be frustrating to deal with thats what they are designed for, and they aren't as strong as you think they are, They do big damage but really doesn't take much to take one out if they play it wrong.
    suDnd3th - LvL 70 PvP WK Scoundrel TR
    Pyx - LvL 60 PvP AC DC Retired

XB1 GT - suDnd3th
  • latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    I'm not a GF but for the sake of simple common sense, a rouge should not be able to dump larges amounts of damage into one PERIOD. That is MMORPG design 101. It's the job of a ranged bow & arrow type class that by default, should have the ability to penetrate heavy armor as it is the role of the class. They are the hard counters for heavy armor type classes & pretty much always have been in a majority of MMORPG's. Rouges should not be wrecking havoc the way they currently are. Pretty much confirms that the devs have zero experience with understanding how MMORPG mechanics should work.
  • krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pvp in general is really unbalanced. Just played a match against a team with 2 healers and 2 rougess. While we had no healer. When exactly how you would think. Horrible matchmaking.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    Pvp in general is really unbalanced. Just played a match against a team with 2 healers and 2 rougess. While we had no healer. When exactly how you would think. Horrible matchmaking.

Then find a group and queue as a pre-made. (Problem solved)
  • divine82pvpdivine82pvp Member Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    Then find a group and queue as a pre-made. (Problem solved)

Agreed, rogues are not that bad if you have a team, try and get recruited by a pvp guild.
    Tenacity PvP Guild
    Divine 60 Spellstorm Control Wizard
    twitch.tv/Divine1982
  • divine82pvpdivine82pvp Member Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    robertdiaz wrote: »
    I still don't understand why people keep complaining about rogues. The real evil is the cleric my friend...

You just have to corrdinate spikes and CC. Hardest cleric to take down I've seen is Gravitron, from Made in Quebeq.
    Tenacity PvP Guild
    Divine 60 Spellstorm Control Wizard
    twitch.tv/Divine1982
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You just have to corrdinate spikes and CC. Hardest cleric to take down I've seen is Gravitron, from Made in Quebeq.

I love how powerful DC's have become now. Before I quit on PC you had to be extremely skilled with very good, specific gear to stand a chance..specially in premades.

2 DC's and 2 TR's certainly doesn't mean game over though. If you have a horrible team that likes to fight off points and doesn't understand triage killing then yes.

Just have to have good back cappers that can hold a point, or at the very least put it in contention. Once you get that, everything changes and the other team is forced to move around, more than likely those 2 DC's will split and then its back to game time if your team can focus.
  • geltabgeltab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    A good impact shot + smoke bomb into a synchronized dual shocking execution should knock a dc out of their DR AOE, stun/slow them, then instant gib. 2 well timed TR can make waste of a DC easy (not to mention would look awesome). Then, you just rinse and repeat on the 2nd one.
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I can melt any DC on my warlock.

And as for rogues, everyone knows they are the for the noobs class.

Let them have it, it's just more satisfying when you kill their squishy *** knowing they died miserably even though they are overpowered.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    geltab wrote: »
    A good impact shot + smoke bomb into a synchronized dual shocking execution should knock a dc out of their DR AOE, stun/slow them, then instant gib. 2 well timed TR can make waste of a DC easy (not to mention would look awesome). Then, you just rinse and repeat on the 2nd one.

Ohhhh how we love to hunt them DCs :):)
  • ab0vegr0undab0vegr0und Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6
    edited April 2015
    geltab wrote: »

OR you can simply stand behind them invisible and wait for the yellow circle to go away, then slow/daze them, finish them with duelist flurry or cloud of steel. if they somehow live, a shadow of demise will proc for 20k and one hit them. Can also use impossible to catch in between so no one interrupts you from picking off the Dc.

In-any case, people need to stop hating on the Tr, they already got nerfed a ton. A mod3 TR can solo an entire pvp party without breaking stealth once. Now a couple at-wills and the stealth is drained, be happy you aren't playing the old neverwinter, otherwise you'd probably had rage quit by now and broke your xbox one.

People complained for 2 YEARS, Perfectworld still thinks to this day the rouges have been nerfed enough, hell they probably play as them.

I love my Tr, and having the ability to solo the dracolich and make other rouges look like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because they are new-to-mmo generation and thought a sneaky class would be cool. I also love to see the new-to-mmo generation start playing nevewinter on the xbx1 for the first time and finding out TR is OP and dominates the entire game. (bunch of naabes)

Anyway to all rouges out there, go to my xbox profile and watch the solo of dracolich, use my build. If you aren't, you're doing lousy dps, and a dummy.
    Peace gangsters.
  • rapier89rapier89 Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015
    e11z wrote: »

Let them have it, it's just more satisfying when you kill their squishy *** knowing they died miserably even though they are overpowered.

As a DC i can agree 1000000%. A decent warlock wrecks me super quick and i absolutely dread seeing one in most matches. DC's aren't hard to take down though unless they are straight heals and buffs. But then their damage is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. We still get insta killed by most rouges though
  • wade8765wade8765 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm going to start a Rogue character for the Purpose of learning how other players overcome one. Because quite frankly, I have no idea on how to beat the Rogue. I play a Hunter Ranger and it's been the same problem all the way up to L54 where I am now. The Rogue goes invisible and instant kills me with a knife through the neck a lot of times.

Anyway, I have my own thread in this forum that asks the question, "How does a Hunter beat a rogue in PvP ?"

Thanks

• krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    e11z wrote: »

^This

There's just something so satisfying about killing a Rogue.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • sammy101982sammy101982 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Rogues do severely need to be fixed. them killing you while in full stealth is BS. Or stealth, teleport behind you and instakill 100% of your life. Any class that has ability to lock you down completely needs to be addressed. had same problem will rogues on world of Warcraft. They eventually fixed them not before noob rogues cried that they would no longer get free kills.

They need to be balanced. no attacking while stealthed. no dodging literally everything thrown at them. no taking more damage then a plate wearing tank. And definitely no instant kills. Its BS to walk around and randomly die because a stealthed rogue happened to be standing nearby with their instant kill available.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The issue is only related to PvP because it's a fairness thing. Instead of using tenacity to try and balance things, they need to have a pve and pvp mechanic for each skill for EVERY class - that way they can tweak on a skill by skill basis and not nerf the entire class through unintended consequences.

Guild Wars did this with great effect for many years. It's a great way of levelling the playing field and would apply to all OP skills from ALL classes.

E.g. my CW has a new skill in mod 6 that deals HUGE damage in one hit and if the opponent is below a certain HP/My weapon ratio they are insta-killed. I wiped about 10 players with it yesterday - it was great :dizzy:

The problem is I don't think ANY class should be able to drop 50%+ of your HP with a single encounter. Dailys ok, they take a while to charge & its luck of the draw, but this skill has a short cooldown...

A skill by skill reassessment for pvp only is imo the best way to address things.

You wait til we see L70 paladins in PvP, even the TR's will be calling for a nerf ;)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    lol...rogue is not op, they kill a lot but also die a lot, CW on the other hand is the real evil especially if the toon is properly geared with 70% critical rate and above, will 1 shot tr like eating rice!!! =(
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • xrollxtidexxrollxtidex Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    s4v10rx said:

lol...rogue is not op, they kill a lot but also die a lot, CW on the other hand is the real evil especially if the toon is properly geared with 70% critical rate and above, will 1 shot tr like eating rice!!! =(

The OP was made back in April with last mod's balances when the TR's were OP. Mod 6 came with the most recent balances. See patch notes. TR's are still good they just are not brokenly overpowered like they were last mod. The game feels much more balanced between the classes now then last mod.
    Roll Tide : Guardian Fighter
    ASYLUM
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    CW's got a bit of a nerf too and all builds that relied on high crit also suffered due to the new linear progression but I'm not having any issues as the respec allowed me to correct a few mistakes on my old build. Saying that, I've seen some GWF's doing insane damage with their buff.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    yes, i also can see the gwf damages have gone up significantly... here i thought i was about lvling my cw...lol...just waiting for some1 to complain about how overpowerd the oathbound paladin is =)
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • I am a trickster rouge .. :wink: but i just started a paladin and my first time in PvP i got 12 kills as a level 11 and i was playing against actuall level 19's .... if thats not OP idk what is ...
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User

I am a trickster rouge .. :wink: but i just started a paladin and my first time in PvP i got 12 kills as a level 11 and i was playing against actuall level 19's .... if thats not OP idk what is ...

lol

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • darnximxdeaddarnximxdead Member Posts: 36 Arc User

I am a trickster rouge .. :wink: but i just started a paladin and my first time in PvP i got 12 kills as a level 11 and i was playing against actuall level 19's .... if thats not OP idk what is ...

idk, feels like it will get boring after awhile, people either going too ignore the paladin or just troll them. Course there will be good player then there will be the bad one. Similar too Rogue before the mod 6; good one were unstoppable, while bad one still did good just because of the class mechanics. TR (pre-mod) vs Paladin (currently) just not going too see the huge damage spikes(minus dailies) just going too get annoying cause of the damage being absorbed.

Probably be similar too TR pre-mod an each game will probably have multiple paladins on the teams being new an all, especially when people start hitting the higher lvl, so paladins will probably go toe to toe most of the time in the later games (immortal conflict) just holding the node or trying to cap.

contest changes where can't contest 1v1, people will just troll/kite him on the node just too keep building points for the team an leave match 4v4, even if they dont go cap an 5v5 battle at 2 it going too be on the performance of the players too win that battle, an one team will fail and all that remains is a paladin at 2 for no reason since he can't contest(1v2+). PvP teams just need too hold home base and 2, no reason too push for 1/3 (enemy base).

Just not going too see that big of a change later down the road in pvp with the paladins.

lol..u must be having a dragon bone weapon and shield just like mine do, my paladin is full CON and i was holding enemies node 3 and going 2 vs 1 =)

let's just say after a while they just ignore me =(

Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User

The real evil is the cleric my friend...

Indeed.

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • nickinightnickinight Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    After reading some of the comments and posts above, I personally don't think TR's are OP, certainly not any more. As a TR myself, I've noticed a hell of a lot of difference in the new mod. It seems TR's do less damage than others (In my experience). Even at lvl 68-69 I watched as a GWF took down some of those giants in the last area (Can't remember name now Dx) and on a TR it seemed quite the challenge. The only way I felt it could be done was staying in stealth.

Personally, in PVP I haven't been up against a Paladin yet (Or if I have, I haven't noticed), but GWF are now seriously OP. I mean, I had a match last night where I went in stealth and ran the opposite way in which the GWF was coming, yet, somehow, while going invisible, he used some encounter and still hit me hard, I'm also still invisible when knocked down and he sure as hell came over to finish the job. It probably doesn't help that I have none of the new PVP gear and are not using the new Elementals since they undercut my current weapons at the moment. (Vid http://xboxclips.com/NikkiNight/4d17cacf-43f5-426c-8ac3-8f4b9b6841c6)

It seems Clerics also do a nice chunk of damage now as well. CW's not so much. And HR's have those deadly roots that seem to have you "disabled" for a darn long time.
    Lvl 70 HR Mistress Fleur | Lvl 70 TR Countess Myra
    1. "Cleric: Protect at all costs.
    2. Rest of Group: Expendable."
    GT= NikkiNight (Looking for new peeps to run ANY dungeons/skirmishes with. GS irrelevant)
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    @s4v10rx Have you gotten the ensorcelled Weapon/Shield? I have those on my Paladin and there are awesome. Granted, I don't PvP, but in PvE they MELT everything.
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    funny now rogues say other classes are OP. anyway, no reason for ppl post here, the topic was created premod6;p
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL