test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogue's are extremely over powered/PvP not replacing players when it should

2»

Comments

• shoukonsshoukons Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    TR's- They've been balanced out. They lost their 4 piece set bonus, by making stats linear the TR's have gotten a round about nerf, for example they can't reach all defensive and offensive soft caps anymore, less effective forever dazing specs, perma- stealth means less. A lot of TR's have and will reroll to the new flavor of the mod, HR.

HR- Primary and most useful spec is the perma daze root. Easy to use, easy to build, strait forward compared to other classes/builds. #1 offensive class for it has the damage, the cc and the roots glitch out some enchantments/feats/boons. Once avalanche and Elven become more readily available people will see what's happening there.

OP- Better as a defensive spec than an offensive spec. People don't have an idea about the mechanics so they'll think people are exploiting. Some Paladins are exploiting and it will be very easy to see them exploiting. If a paladin spams a long CD encounter multiple times in a row they are exploiting. High survivability, on line with the DC survivability, maybe more because of the lack of understanding how to kill a Pally by the general public. DPS spec have lower DPS overall than the GF, but more survivability. Bulwark Paladins have duuuuuuuuuumb amount of team buffs in their encounters, feats and their shield that helps all teammates with a 20% damage reduction in the shield unlike the GF one that is just for him. Currently. with my 0 tenacity Paladin, saving up the tokens for the 27 mark gear, I give my team 18-30k heals every 9ish seconds which cleanse them of all dots and cc/roots. A shield that gives them 25% more damage and 30% damage reduction, a daily bubble which makes it that I take their damage, aoe stun all the time on their targets, they get 10% of my power when around me, and Lay of Hands that I just full heal people for giggles. When I get more gear it's going to be worse because I can run encounters that will be less tankier for me and more for the team. It's crazy.

GF- Received a rebalance towards dps, lost the pure tanking spec for pvp due to the changes to regen. Highest burst damage of all classes when all classes are at equal max gear and properly geared. That shield instead of the roll is BiS, even over the pally since even as DPS you can hold it 6x longer than the pally can, did the test myself. They just wreck things when they're fighting small groups, much more trouble with fighting 3+.

DC- DPS spec is great, but going to be underused. Immortal healer once geared. Almost as many team buffs as the OP. They're like the QB of a team.

GWF- Re-rebalanced so that they are actually useful in pvp. Great at running from one node to another which is very important with the changes to node allocations. Great dps/stuns, good survivability. Again, they will feel op because the general public has little experience fighting these now that they're in the fights longer and actually being effective.

SW- They got a nice choke. Still hurting, but a bit better. I'm unexcited about these guys being as viable as the other classes in pvp because their mechanics are complicated and hard to counter if you don't put down the time to learn, understand and play one for some time.

CW- They all rolled HR =(. Still awesome cc and the best anti TR/stealth class hands down. Same as it was in xbox mod 5. Lots of harsh damage too.

So, are TR's overpowered? Well, everyone has caught up and they lost a few things, but the TRs who stick to their class and don't reroll HR will put down any class. This mod is going to be that the best player wins with the moderate advantage to HR's.

I'm going to make my OP the anti to Hr's since they're the flavor of the mod just as i made my GF the anti TR. Then, after it's all said and done I'm going to write the community an anti HR post so you guys know what to do and what gear/enchantments/feats etc to invest in when you come across the 5 HR teams that are coming up.
    Node Troll
  • darnximxdeaddarnximxdead Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    shoukons said:

OP- Better as a defensive spec than an offensive spec. People don't have an idea about the mechanics so they'll think people are exploiting. Some Paladins are exploiting and it will be very easy to see them exploiting. If a paladin spams a long CD encounter multiple times in a row they are exploiting. High survivability, on line with the DC survivability, maybe more because of the lack of understanding how to kill a Pally by the general public. DPS spec have lower DPS overall than the GF, but more survivability. Bulwark Paladins have duuuuuuuuuumb amount of team buffs in their encounters, feats and their shield that helps all teammates with a 20% damage reduction in the shield unlike the GF one that is just for him. Currently. with my 0 tenacity Paladin, saving up the tokens for the 27 mark gear, I give my team 18-30k heals every 9ish seconds which cleanse them of all dots and cc/roots. A shield that gives them 25% more damage and 30% damage reduction, a daily bubble which makes it that I take their damage, aoe stun all the time on their targets, they get 10% of my power when around me, and Lay of Hands that I just full heal people for giggles. When I get more gear it's going to be worse because I can run encounters that will be less tankier for me and more for the team. It's crazy.

So, (Justice [path]) is a exploit?

Vengeful judge (Mastery feat) - each charge of divine call (3x) reducing 35% cooldowns an has a chance too gain another divine call from encounter powers.

Echoes of light - At-will's have a 5% chance to instantly recharge all cooldown for encounters powers on the next encounter power used.

----------

aura of wisdom - increases 20% (25% - lv70 if put a point in) recharge speeds

----------

Circle of power (44 second refresh) example - place it down, duration 28 sec(32sec lv70) one click of divine call will pretty much reduce the cooldown enough for the encounter power to refresh before it fades for atleast 3 times, with in that amount of time, they'll either get a proc of (echoes of light) or get another divine charge from encounter powers.

----------

I'm probably missing something, it similar too SoD and the Plague fire(Pre-mod6) happening with paladins an something triggering echoes of light non-stop?
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Why isn't there a delete option? Anyway.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I'll never change to a HR, I'll go semi perma stealth with 100% weapon damage as piercing damage which ignores tenacity and cannot be deflected with a ton of recovery for spamming and use my ITC against the rooting if I'm caught.

Post edited by yourenext2die on
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    patsfire said:

@s4v10rx Have you gotten the ensorcelled Weapon/Shield? I have those on my Paladin and there are awesome. Granted, I don't PvP, but in PvE they MELT everything.

nope..got the dragon bone shield n weapon by using the AD i farm, the only ensorcelled item i have is the cloak

my OP is still lv 20, been focusing in lvling my CW

Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

I think the new mod pretty well evened out tr, although they still have a huge survivablility with itc and stealth, but just taking away the pf glitch evened things out abit..a good tr is still good, but you no longer have the bad crutch players reaking havoc on geared players that they otherwise would never be able to touch..the new thing is hunter rangers, if you have battle the perma root daze build ie/trapper, face it, trapper acounts for 99 percent of hunters..they are godly.

Until the (next) previously mentioned class rebalancing comes - PC players say that stun duration isn't fixed but they do less damage - wrong way round imo (should've been keep the dmg but have an icd on the stun/roots) but hey, I'll take it.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    shoukons said:

TR's- They've been balanced out. They lost their 4 piece set bonus, by making stats linear the TR's have gotten a round about nerf, for example they can't reach all defensive and offensive soft caps anymore, less effective forever dazing specs, perma- stealth means less. A lot of TR's have and will reroll to the new flavor of the mod, HR.

HR- Primary and most useful spec is the perma daze root. Easy to use, easy to build, strait forward compared to other classes/builds. #1 offensive class for it has the damage, the cc and the roots glitch out some enchantments/feats/boons. Once avalanche and Elven become more readily available people will see what's happening there.

HR per ma daze root is kind of overrated, TR Impossible to catch or lurker's assault can break away from those easily

Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @s4v10rx - Yeah unfortunately most of us are not TR's...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    s4v10rx said:

shoukons said:

HR per ma daze root is kind of overrated, TR Impossible to catch or lurker's assault can break away from those easily

From the point of view of a GWF. I am free to attack when I am unstoppable. but the gap is 4~8 seconds, depending how much I let my determination fills. Let full determination fills is a gambling because I will be taking more damage, and more likely to die against a strong HR. However, going for the half determination 4seconds is also a gambling. Fox cunning+the dodges of hunters make them somewhat effective in stopping my combo in these few seconds I have to attack.
    If playing with a class that has CC immunity once in a while can be a strugle, I can only imagine what other classes are facing... I think it was a huge mistake adding daze for roots. Seems they haven't learned the lesson from the PERMA DAZE rogues.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
    azuosed89 said:

s4v10rx said:

shoukons said:

From the point of view of a GWF. I am free to attack when I am unstoppable. but the gap is 4~8 seconds, depending how much I let my determination fills. Let full determination fills is a gambling because I will be taking more damage, and more likely to die against a strong HR. However, going for the half determination 4seconds is also a gambling. Fox cunning+the dodges of hunters make them somewhat effective in stopping my combo in these few seconds I have to attack.
    If playing with a class that has CC immunity once in a while can be a strugle, I can only imagine what other classes are facing... I think it was a huge mistake adding daze for roots. Seems they haven't learned the lesson from the PERMA DAZE rogues.
    hm...did your gwf go the iron vanguard route?

if it is with the buffs that the dev have made to gwf, the stun should not take that long without unstopable

Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    s4v10rx said:

azuosed89 said:

s4v10rx said:

shoukons said:

hm...did your gwf go the iron vanguard route?

if it is with the buffs that the dev have made to gwf, the stun should not take that long without unstopable

i don't get stunned whil eunstoppable. I have lost 1 v 1 to only one HR at the moment, and was a super geared one from my guild. But every battle was really close against most good HRs. It is really annoying to hit them while I am unstoppable because of their dodges and fox cunning. If it is "hard" for a class that has so many CC immunity mechanics I can imagine that is not fun at all playing a CW and etc against a HR. I think any perma anything is very bad idea.
    the roots itself were already very strong. that stun was totally not necessary...
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL