test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Your TOP 3 hopes for the patch on the 23rd.

Comments

• Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1 - Lag and random team-wide disconnects in dungeons.

2 - Fixing the AP DC exploits and the ranger dps exploits.

3 - Minor adjustments (as in: minor) to final bosses in Cragmire and Grey wold den, without nerfing the rest of these dungeons! to make them doable with a good group without cheats.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm totally uninterested in the EE "storyline" and leveling from 60 to 70. To me it's a chore. I have no hopes for this module whatsoever. What I want is for them to redo the entire EE "campaign" and put some effort into it - which will never happen. So, yeah, no hopes.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    1 - Lag and random team-wide disconnects in dungeons.

2 - Fixing the AP DC exploits and the ranger dps exploits.

3 - Minor adjustments (as in: minor) to final bosses in Cragmire and Grey wold den, without nerfing the rest of these dungeons! to make them doable with a good group without cheats.

This i would 100% agree on tbh AP DC expliot and ranger dps expliots are the causes of the server lags in Spireware rise and also in dungeons and pvp which giving them unfair advangtes and yet they dont care (needs to be punished)
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • Options
    gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    roll back
    this bug exploiters its advantaged
    i want to clear all sealls and items who pick up with seals
    need balance on exploit bugs and normal players who play with no exploit
    1 roll back will be good for all
    Dragons? On MY Way !!
  • Options
    bruceiferbruceifer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1) Try to fix as much of the lag and D/C probs as you can.
    2) Ether slightly reduce mob(non boss) damage or bring back in combat healing (not the 100% life steal of before, maybe 50%)
    3) Level 70 mobs should not be dropping the old lev 60 items, upgrade the drops.
  • Options
    lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Let me answer in two links…

1: stop messing, balance classes

2: LET US HELP! LISTEN!

3: COMMUNICATE !!!

3a: have injury levels on all zones (gotten from crits, traps and very hard blows) from 0%-100%, where:

0%-25% heals naturally even while walking
    26%-50% heals naturally at camp with 0.5%/sec on all zones.
    51%-80% heals naturally at camp with 0.1%/sec on all zones.
    81%-99% Needs injury kit. Increases(!) by 0.1%/sec on all zones while not camping.
    100% Needs special Healer in PE or some other main area.

Adjust malus on characters values appropiate for percentage value. Allow potions that reduce timings, potions that stop further degeneration and potions that heal everything under 50%.

3b: Special character relevant quest items -> Prebound to Char
    Items from the Zen Store as Promo -> Prebound to Account
    Items people found or payed AD/ZEN/whatever for -> FREE(!) to use anywhere.

Turn down the wall cryptic, it is YOU, not we that dont know how this game or ANY roleplaying-game should work.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    1 - Lag: 20 deaths in Malabog because lag. And to add insult, the only time it didn't lag was when we were running back to fight Malabog. . .Trollag. As a GF lag is satan. We have tiny windows in which to activate our extremely slow powers, so we could do with less lag.

2 - Bloodftheft: Broken enchantment is broken.I killed myself on a GWF while he wasn't even fighting me. He was attacking my DC so I attacked him, and died.

3 - Whatever the DCs are doing needs to be stopped. Yes, in the dungeons it is probably useful seeing as the ''weakest'' critter can hit you for 4 trillion damage, but in PVP perma dailies are game breaking.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arakk00 wrote: »
    So, we've been promised a large array of fixes on April 23rd, which hopefully doesn't just mean flat out performance tweaks and bugs, but bad design changes that have been widely protested. This thread is for naming THREE THINGS you're hoping will be fixed, in order of importance.

For me, the list goes like this.

1: Scourge Warlocks. The class simply got nerfed too hard. Accursed Diabolist was a huge amount of DPS that we weren't compensated for (I thought needing the set to do any DPS was unhealthy in the first place). My hope is that the folks at Cryptic will bump up the damage for the entire class, and also fix the Temptation tree. The healing it has right now is useless- making the capstone a utility (increasing crit/lifesteal versus cursed targets, maybe) might be a better option.

2: HOOOOOOOLY SWEET JESUS. The damage ratios. Solo content is Nintendo Hard for some classes, though my Guardian Fighter is doing well (thanks for all the buffs!). As for t2 dungeons.. As that Guardian Fighter, I'm not looking forward to them. I'm tactician spec, and so far as I know, I only generate party AP when NOT SHIELDING. So.. The damage on mobs needs to go down so I can soak normally. This goes for basically anyone who strategically takes hits to improve performance, too; I really hope the mobs get toned down some.

3: THE TRICKSTER ROGUES. AHHHHHH. The 2 second reveal we were promised on these slippery little anklebiters is now more like a .2 second reveal. PvP will be off my list until this is fixed.

So there you have it; my top 3 most-wanted fixes for Thursday. Share yours!

Honestly, at this point I have no hope for the patch on the 23rd. They've destroyed the Warlock class as far as I'm concerned. My level 63 CW with blue and purple gear is more useful in level 70 encounters then my level 70 warlock in legendary gear with the new level 70 armor.

So at this point why even play it? I stripped the enchantments from my character in legendary gear, to put it on a character in blue gear. And honestly, I'm still not having any fun in Neverwinter.

As seen by the fact that I'm posting here instead of playing.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. Ban wave
    2. Bug fixes
    3. Level 60 soloable content resurrection.

Honestly this is a Make or Break moment in the game history. Delaying launch by 3 weeks to release the preview server version of the game? Unacceptable, So many issues, so little content. If EVERYTHING is not fix for the 23rd I will become a free to play player as intendended by the devs.
  • Options
    zickyjackszickyjacks Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pick from any of these 3:
    1. Lag. We know it's too late to actually go back and overhaul the coding to make the game take up less resources like BF4. But at least get rid of the lag that keeps happening in general. Specifically the dungeons and new areas when they have a high population.

2. Revert to the old stat curve. It seems as though in this mod it was completely ignored. Instead of us doing less damage as we got higher in level, we seem to be doing more. Looks like that 400 to 1% ration did not go into effect at all (not that I wanted it to anyways)

3. Balance the classes. Enough said there.

4. Listen to the community on what they want in the game. (Won't happen but meh worth a try)

5. Make the dungeons playable. Hearing and seeing people having to glitch the new dungeons in order to actually complete it makes sense. Yes keep the content difficult, but keep it within reason. A boss hitting single person for 1 mil+ in damage is crazy.

6. Fix the bugs with enchants.

7. Do SOMETHING to improve the foundry. At this point anything would be a step forward.

8. Increase the drop rate on the seals needed to get the Elven gear. A full set costs 1.8k seals but we only get 10 seals a run? Lets say it takes an hour (currently) to get through a dungeon at 10 seals a pop. Lets say the average person plays 10 hours a day that's 100 seals. That times 7 days a week (if they want to/can do that) is 700 seals. Grant it at the end of a week that's two pieces of armor but at the cost of 10 hours a day. Lots of non-stop grinding that I'm pretty sure people (if they haven't already gotten burned out with the current content) will just cave.

9. Fix the gear stat wise. Give more variety.

10. Fix general bug/glitches
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. Lag getting fixed
    2. TR buffs (it's too weak without stealth)
    3. Paladin tweaks (several abilities need adjusting)
  • Options
    lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sorry, CRYPTIC, in case it was not clearly enough told:

TELL US WHAT YOU PLAN, HOW YOU WANT TO DO IT, LISTEN TO FEEDBACK BEFORE YOU DO IT.

If you want a monodirectional relationship: please dont expect ANY income at all. Dont make us close the pool. nuff said.
  • Options
    pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    No hopes = no disappointment :)
  • Options
    jkr1269jkr1269 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm going to ask and address a few things i've not really seen mentioned much in the previous posts that I see are also bad programming issues making the game overly hard at the moment.
    1. Fix the immunity on resurrection. For instance, you get tail whipped in eLoL and it 1 shots you and tosses you into the molten gold. A team mate res's you and you are inta killed by the gold instead of the chance to run/shift/teleport out and fight on. This happens in many situation. CC, archer 1 shots you, team mate res's you and before you can dodge, heal, anything you get shot again insta death.

2. Fix the mobs movement speed. as a CW i used to be able to shift away from mobs and actually be able to start casting steal time or something to protect myself. Now before i'm even able to move after the shift the mobs are already hitting me so you have effectively removed any advantage of the shift key.

3. Fix the ranges at which melee mobs can actually hit you with swing's / swipes. I was on a stairway at the top of it. A mob was 7 steps below me (yes i counted them as i lie there dead from yet another 1 shot from a zombie) and he pawed at me and i fell over dead.

4. Fix the amount of healing mobs get when they take potions to match ours. I have 76K hit points. I take a hit of 60K from basic mobs regularly in dungeons. OH goody i take a new and improved potion for 10K and still cannot survive any hit from any mob from it. but, a Mob can be 10% health left after hitting him 25 times, take a potion and be back to 70% health.

5. This one will never happen but i'm putting it out there. Make 2 completely separate skill trees, 1 for PVE, 1 for PVP. This will fix the "balance" issue. Seeing how this is supposed to be a DnD game PVP should not be a key factor in how classes work. The reason me and many others I know play this game is because PVP is not open world and not forced to proceed in the game. There are many other good PVP games out there but very few good NON PVP games. Quit changing how PVE content works based on PVP complaints. Separate them completely with different trees and you can then balance PVP to your hearts content without <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the PVE content.

6. Make it possible to get gear good enough to complete a dungeon without having to complete the dungeon to get the gear. Although with things as is none of the gear is good enough to really help much. With a 2733 item rating i still get 1 shot by Dire Polar Bears.

7. Take a look at the cast rates for some mobs. Many of them can chain cast their power spells way too fast. Some even cast multiple ones at the same time. For instance (can't remember their exact name) the red iron golems at the beginning of eLoL can cast both their destructive red circle around them and their cone flame at the same time.

8. Give us a distance indicator from mobs. Many spells are based on distance to or away from mobs but we have nothing to show us how close or far we actually are.

9. Make items only obtainable in PVP not usable in PVE or make a way to obtain them in PVE.
  • Options
    ehhhhhhwatehhhhhhwat Member Posts: 52
    edited April 2015
    FX induced lag :(
    Is my nemesis in WoD on dragon runs :v
    Many players = much FX = LAG
    Need fix pls..

My options are already lowest of the lowest and I play in safe mode...
  • Options
    mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ehhhhhhwat wrote: »
    Need fix pls..

I usually enjoy a bowl of popcorn while watching the herald's slide-show as well
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Wrongly calculated TT by Lol bosses.
    Kicked out from dungeons w/o return to instances
    Broken Lostmauth set
    Inspect others
  • Options
    fenchimpfenchimp Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Need fix pls..

Yeh, it's actually unfathomably sad that I have a $3000 up-to-date gaming rig and even playing on medium-low settings I get ridiculous texture pop and some pretty wicked FPS drops. I don't know what's up with it, but sometimes it takes a good three minutes for my textures to render after logging in, leaving even a low-population Enclave instance laden in white until the game decides to catch up.
  • Options
    sharky445sharky445 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    #1. Roll servers back to mod 5 and redesign 6 completely into a campaghn.
    #2.see #1.
    #3.see #1.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Need fix pls..

If I am saying this correctly... the lag, and all of the DC's has possibly been created by the DC AP bug and the HR bug. Especially with the Heralds and in PvP.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And thus the meme "Because of DC" has been created.

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    quaranax wrote: »
    And thus the meme "Because of DC" has been created.

I wish we could just +1 or like something instead of posting.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    -Dragon Hoard fix
    -More pvp maps
    -More pvp modes

And if I had a 4th then free ad :D
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    literaryaceliteraryace Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would like to be able to log in without waiting over 10 minutes for the launcher to load in properly.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. Either restore the purple armor, weapons, and off-hand items to the various lairs in Sharandar & Dread Ring, or add good blue/purple items to their respective campaign currency stores. Bring mob levels down to something more reasonable - 70 or maybe 71 at most.

2. Address the lag and quest-flow issues in the Elemental Evil zones - improve XP gain, lessen the repetitive nature of these areas, improve access to certain quest mobs/drops/glowies, etc.

3. Improve the dungeons so they are both more desirable to run and not as insurmountable of a task to complete in the first place.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1: Fix the gamebreaking bugs: DC AP bug, HR trapper bug
    2: Fix lag - a problem in all zones but most noticeable in the EE ones
    3: Tune down campaign zone damage levels a little to make it(at least Sharandar) soloable with the gear you have when you exit Spinward. Right now NW is not very casual/new player friendly, and I worry about the long term economic health of the game if the casuals are scared off.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1 fix hr thorned roots not applying anymore armor pen.
    2 fix broken enchants bloodtheft, vorpal, feytouch and buff subpar one...hi barkshield
    3 fix lag

4...introduce something to do...3 dungeons is just not enough. i m basically just doing 10vs10
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. Fix all not working skills/enchants (including ones which have no trans/pure effect) and fix those which have not intended effect.
    2. Rework curves and ITC of enchants.
    3. Remove game breaking bugs DC/HR with lol set, mobs one hitting literally everyone etc.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. Fix AP DC bug
    2. Fix HR bug
    3. Fix lag

The top 2 are game-breaking, the 3rd just breaks my game.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR