test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List of what should be under Xboxs known issues

diablodubsdiablodubs Member Posts: 41
The "offical" list seems lacklustre in terms of everyday problems that most of us encounter.
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?870631-Neverwinter-Xbox-Known-Issues

I really don't know how some of these very simple problems have not been fixed a week in.
Having played other mmos from "day one" (Even though this has been out for two years) I have always seen many quirk fixes within the first week, but reading up on how this game launched (and that there are still 2 domination maps) it seems "quick" is not cryptics style

(I have 150 hours on this game so far and love it)

So let's get a list going of what the devs should of already acknowledged day two.

-If someone leaves during the boss fight in "dread vault" whoever joins the party after will be stuck at the "press A to battle yshiggol" and will not be able to go forward because of the "waiting for group" super annoying.

-Chat gets "pushed" up in combat and disappears even when settings are set to never fade.

-After an hour - 2 hours of play time switching instances/areas will disconnect game until neverwinter is restarted (10+ confirms)

-Auction house filters do not work. Sorting by epic, level, class ect.

-Zone / LFG chat simply not working in some zones. Makes trying to kill carth / quest very difficult when this should be a simply thing to do

-Hopping to a group members instance does not work, And I believe a guild mates instance (this is in the official post)

-Instance hop list needs a sorting option by numerical order and player amount, as well as showing instances which have friends in them maybe?

- Need an option to turn off the chat filter

-Fix all the words that are filtered for no reason. #got problems.

- NEED a UI scale option.

-NEED a need/greed/pass UI scale option

-Make it so "leave party" is not one button press away from the "greed" option

- Daily dungeon quest "This can be completed in all level 60 dungeons" Other than the tier 2 dungeons you want to spend an hour on, have fun running a dungeon that gives you no use. ( Is this the case on pc as well?)

-Option to kick a team mate in PVP IF they have been idle for 1 minute ? How many games have we got destroyed because of 2 afkers..

- Party leader switches after every pvp game, annoying when 3-4 grouped people get with pugs.

Unrelated to Xbox one version and not really a bug

2 PVP domination maps since launch seems very odd. Things tend to get stale, and after my daily dungeon runs this is all that keeps me occupied.

All in all I f!@#@! love this game and spend way to much time and money on it haha, These are just concerns I have seen many many people complain about / mention (220 guild mates)

I really wish cryptic would show more effort in showing glaringly obvious bugs/flaws in there official post. If you guys can think of anything else that would be great(:

Offical Guild poster of the best named fastest growing most active and best grouping guild around )(230 members) http://imgur.com/RIaf7LU Credits - Stonietimelord
IGN- Reaper@Aarondiablo | sanctified@aarondiablo
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    With the amount of money the Xbox Community has dumped in this game within the first month I sure hope things start getting fixed. The past Bug fixes they did weren't that helpful honestly.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diablodubs wrote: »

-Make it so "leave party" is not one button press away from the "greed" option

glad to see im not the only person that this annoys, needs at a least a ''are you sure you want to leave party' thingy after the initial press.
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • Options
    schtick23schtick23 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Gateway please
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    gaanjaa81 wrote: »
    glad to see im not the only person that this annoys, needs at a least a ''are you sure you want to leave party' thingy after the initial press.

Yes even just a warning like that would be helpful. It happened to my friend last night at the end of tier 2 :(
  • Options
    krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Agreed 100%. Started off very content with the staff but am slowly losing faith. Lots of minor bugs that should have been easily fixed. They delayed maintenance and fixed virtually nothing. Just like you, I love the game but wish the developers would put more effort in keeping the player base happy.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • Options
    rokkrwolfrokkrwolf Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like to include another few issue that has arisen at least for me, it happens randomly so it's hard to replicate immediately. But it has to do with chat first off I'm sure others are probably annoyed by the chat disappearing. Whenever I seem to get into any fight or if others are fighting near me my chat magically just vanishes. Now I know there is a option to make it so it always stays but that doesn't help either. I think the combat chat menu is affecting the social chat hence why it's pushing it off the screen. This is a major issue if you are trying to grind and talk to others at the same time.

The other issue with chat is linking items. Well not linking in general but looking at the items. At random times I'll be reading chat standing at camp since the above issue is always a problem. So when I do I'm looking to buy item and need to see the stats ect well randomly when trying to highlight one the game will locked up and crash. It happens to myself and friends all the time.

Anyway I hope others who are having the issues also complain so something actually gets done about this. And my biggest gripe along with everyone is that leave group that really needs to get changed. No offense to you devs but whoever thought that was a good idea to make it the same as greed, well that's just bad programming. It makes no sense to have a "Are you sure you want to leave instance?" menu but not "Are you sure you want to leave group?" like seriously.... Either add that or move the leave group to the Options, so Select, Options, Leave Group.

As for the rest of you I agree completely, I understand it's new on XBONE but quite a few of the issues that are posted as known issues have been persistent on PC for quite sometime. Which puts a wrench in my gut every time I think about it, the game is great but it needs more love. But as others have stated I'm losing my faith quickly.

One last thing before my rant is over, I want back the last event Call to Arms: Orc Assault. I get it broke the queues, but some info would be nice if we will get it again or not.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    rokkrwolf wrote: »
    I like to include another few issue that has arisen at least for me, it happens randomly so it's hard to replicate immediately. But it has to do with chat first off I'm sure others are probably annoyed by the chat disappearing. Whenever I seem to get into any fight or if others are fighting near me my chat magically just vanishes. Now I know there is a option to make it so it always stays but that doesn't help either. I think the combat chat menu is affecting the social chat hence why it's pushing it off the screen. This is a major issue if you are trying to grind and talk to others at the same time.

I don't know I forgot this.. This is so...so...so annoying, I would use other words if I didn't know it would get my post removed lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hmm I may be the only one that don't think rouges are that OP, when you first hit 60 and have a few purple items they are not actually that good. But the way a fully geared rouge scales is way to much compared to the rest, I should never EVER be one shot killed in full gear.
    60 pvp is just broken in general, 6k GS can be put up agaisnt 14k GS ect... PVP in general is just unbalaced because of this. 60 PVP needs to be put into more brackets, either that or they need to remove the GS all together and drop peoples stats in 60.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    60 pvp is just broken in general, 6k GS can be put up agaisnt 14k GS ect... PVP in general is just unbalaced because of this. 60 PVP needs to be put into more brackets, either that or they need to remove the GS all together and drop peoples stats in 60.

Ya something needs to be done, this problem is still on PC
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ya something needs to be done, this problem is still on PC

Ya it's been like this forever, I really haven't looked into it, but I know friends who play on PC and complain about it all the time too. You figured this would be something fixed already... or more people would complain to actually get something done.
  • Options
    monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you dont think rogues are op you dont pvp much. Obviously they are because they actually did nerf them on pc
  • Options
    legend725legend725 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can they just give us dragonborn owners our race reroll token already? :(
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was ready to fork over some cash for the Dragonborn Pack and possibly more for a mount, but until I know the bugs with not receiving items you purchase with ZEN are fixed, I won't be making any large transactions any time soon.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The "offical" list seems lacklustre in terms of everyday problems that most of us encounter.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?870631-Neverwinter-Xbox-Known-Issues

I really don't know how some of these very simple problems have not been fixed a week in.
    Having played other mmos from "day one" (Even though this has been out for two years) I have always seen many quirk fixes within the first week, but reading up on how this game launched (and that there are still 2 domination maps) it seems "quick" is not cryptics style

(I have 150 hours on this game so far and love it)

So let's get a list going of what the devs should of already acknowledged day two.

-Unlocked profession slots do not transfer between characters like they are supposed to

Don't know where you got the idea that profession slots opened on a character would open on another character. They do not and never have.

If you meant somethings else, please clarify.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    zephyriah wrote: »
    Don't know where you got the idea that profession slots opened on a character would open on another character. They do not and never have.

If you meant somethings else, please clarify.

ah I was must of read some wrong information, I will change
  • Options
    finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The lvl 60 skirmish daily should also work with Battle for the Bridge and Abberant Assault, pretty jacked up that we need to nearly complete the entire campaign (with ridiculous time gate on it) to unlock the skirmishes to do the daily. It has been over a week now where i have been unable to do daily skirmish, i was without skirmish daily for the ENTIRE double AD event and didn't want to start another character yet as i am saving up Zen to get the Heirloom pack before i do so. Before anyone says something like "well thats how it works on pc and always has" i don't care how it works on pc, i care about how it works on xbox and it doesn't work and i am sick of seeing that stupid excuse everywhere. The level 60 daily skirmish quest is still impossible for everyone other than people who got headstarts to do.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The lvl 60 skirmish daily should also work with Battle for the Bridge and Abberant Assault, pretty jacked up that we need to nearly complete the entire campaign (with ridiculous time gate on it) to unlock the skirmishes to do the daily. It has been over a week now where i have been unable to do daily skirmish, i was without skirmish daily for the ENTIRE double AD event and didn't want to start another character yet as i am saving up Zen to get the Heirloom pack before i do so. Before anyone says something like "well thats how it works on pc and always has" i don't care how it works on pc, i care about how it works on xbox and it doesn't work and i am sick of seeing that stupid excuse everywhere. The level 60 daily skirmish quest is still impossible for everyone other than people who got headstarts to do.

Agree x 10000% People say stuff like this and the devs don't even acknowledge it
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The lvl 60 skirmish daily should also work with Battle for the Bridge and Abberant Assault, pretty jacked up that we need to nearly complete the entire campaign (with ridiculous time gate on it) to unlock the skirmishes to do the daily. It has been over a week now where i have been unable to do daily skirmish, i was without skirmish daily for the ENTIRE double AD event and didn't want to start another character yet as i am saving up Zen to get the Heirloom pack before i do so.

Agreed about the skirmishes. I think I will unlock it Tues, maybe Wed.

If you have an open character slot, not sure I understand why you are waiting. The Heirloom pack includes another character slot. You could be using the other character to generate some AD, gather some low level items and kits and use it as a mule. Then, when you get the Heirloom pack pass everything off to the one you really want give it a good head start.
  • Options
    finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zephyriah wrote: »
    Agreed about the skirmishes. I think I will unlock it Tues, maybe Wed.

If you have an open character slot, not sure I understand why you are waiting. The Heirloom pack includes another character slot. You could be using the other character to generate some AD, gather some low level items and kits and use it as a mule. Then, when you get the Heirloom pack pass everything off to the one you really want give it a good head start.

Because i don't want to start leveling another character until i get the heirlooms and i highly doubt i will want to make a third character any time soon anyway. Besides, the main reason i want the pack is for the shirt, pants and bag. I doubt i will even play the second character all that much.
  • Options
    rapier89rapier89 Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015
    agreed, rouge one shot for the win.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    even a simple post by the devs just saying "hey guys we know x x and x are ****ed, we are doing y and z to fix this"
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I now understand why this game gives so much content for free. It's cause of how many flaws there are. No one in their right mind would pay for this. Don't get me wrong, I love this game but it feels as if I'm playing a beta. There are just too many bugs and flaws that should have been fixed prior to release. I was more than willing to support this game buy spending money on zen but refuse to do so until, at the very least, all the small bugs and glitches are fixed.
  • Options
    latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    The devs won't respond because a majority of the problems listed here STILL exist on the PC version. I highly doubt they will magically fix something for the Xbox One version that is still broken in the PC version. While the game is enjoyable, one can easily tell that the development team as a whole does not consist of many top notch programmers. Which is understandable since a good, not great, programmer will require/demand a big salary. Something many smaller development teams &/or parent companies will not want to dish out for considering how much is being put into other aspects of the game. So we just have to deal with it. That or just wait until TESO releases for consoles. Which is a much more polished MMORPG.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    This bug list is awesome but there are several other problems that are generally not classified as bugs.

~~ Founders pack items are not available in the Xbox Version without having to repurchase the thing.

~~ Gateway is an absolute must in this game with the companion system

And no I don't think with all of the money some of us have poured into this game that it's unreasonable at all to expect a completely finished product on launch day!
  • Options
    karivaakarivaa Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015

The other issue with chat is linking items. Well not linking in general but looking at the items. At random times I'll be reading chat standing at camp since the above issue is always a problem. So when I do I'm looking to buy item and need to see the stats ect well randomly when trying to highlight one the game will locked up and crash. It happens to myself and friends all the time.

Anyway I hope others who are having the issues also complain so something actually gets done about this. And my biggest gripe along with everyone is that leave group that really needs to get changed. No offense to you devs but whoever thought that was a good idea to make it the same as greed, well that's just bad programming. It makes no sense to have a "Are you sure you want to leave instance?" menu but not "Are you sure you want to leave group?" like seriously.... Either add that or move the leave group to the Options, so Select, Options, Leave Group.

As for the rest of you I agree completely, I understand it's new on XBONE but quite a few of the issues that are posted as known issues have been persistent on PC for quite sometime. Which puts a wrench in my gut every time I think about it, the game is great but it needs more love. But as others have stated I'm losing my faith quickly.

One last thing before my rant is over, I want back the last event Call to Arms: Orc Assault. I get it broke the queues, but some info would be nice if we will get it again or not.

Why don't I ever see any social chat??? I am only level 26, is that why? I never see anybody talking, ever!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yes, chat is broken. Tends to be worse in certain zones. Never death graveyard chat never seems to work for me.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ya chat is broken in some areas, and just scrolls in others
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All of these bugs have been around on PC for over a year now. I'm sorry to tell you this, but don't expect any fixes any time soon - They ain't gonna happen. I'm pretty sure the only bugs that get fixed are the ones that directly effect the revenue stream :/
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    All of these bugs have been around on PC for over a year now. I'm sorry to tell you this, but don't expect any fixes any time soon - They ain't gonna happen. I'm pretty sure the only bugs that get fixed are the ones that directly effect the revenue stream :/
    Which won't fly on xbox, word of mouth is much more affective here, with the friends list and people always voice chating, everyone will soon be on eso.
  • Options
    danfilmsdanfilms Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It should be noted that Xbox charges developers a large sum of money to push updates for games over Xbox. I know for Live Arcade games its in the ballpark of ~$60,000. This is a major reason why smaller studio games will have a list of known bugs that will go totally unpatched, sometimes forever. Its not easy for a studio to afford that kind of an expense just to fix minor bugs.

Now this game and this studio can support that kind of an expense easily, however no company wants to be charged multiple times when it doesn't have too, so expect them to hold off an "nest" patches together so content and fixes can all be rolled out at the same time, to save on being charged for pushing updates over Live.

I agree with all the sentiments in this thread, but there is more to it than "oh we fixed two minor issues, roll out a patch!"