test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List of what should be under Xboxs known issues

2»

Comments

• Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    danfilms wrote: »
    It should be noted that Xbox charges developers a large sum of money to push updates for games over Xbox. I know for Live Arcade games its in the ballpark of ~$60,000. This is a major reason why smaller studio games will have a list of known bugs that will go totally unpatched, sometimes forever. Its not easy for a studio to afford that kind of an expense just to fix minor bugs.

Now this game and this studio can support that kind of an expense easily, however no company wants to be charged multiple times when it doesn't have too, so expect them to hold off an "nest" patches together so content and fixes can all be rolled out at the same time, to save on being charged for pushing updates over Live.

I agree with all the sentiments in this thread, but there is more to it than "oh we fixed two minor issues, roll out a patch!"

Well here's the thing, that argument would hold water had they spent just a little more time fine tuning the launch before putting it out. You see there's this thing called professionalism, and this company has had a history of not having it.

Their original launch had this game in perpetual beta for at least 5 months without some of the classes that they'd touted would be in launch from the beginning and some of those bugs are still present to this day.

So it's a real concern for the community to see that once again, we're getting yet another "beta" launch instead of a full version launch and excuses are being made or they are ignoring the community entirely hoping this will go away.

Some of us don't forget and some of us don't have attention spans of fleas, we know the real deal. There is no excuse for poor management.
  • Options
    danfilmsdanfilms Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not going to argue with any of that, but the launch has nothing to do with what I said.
  • Options
    rokkrwolfrokkrwolf Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It should be noted that Xbox charges developers a large sum of money to push updates for games over Xbox. I know for Live Arcade games its in the ballpark of ~$60,000. This is a major reason why smaller studio games will have a list of known bugs that will go totally unpatched, sometimes forever. Its not easy for a studio to afford that kind of an expense just to fix minor bugs.

Now this game and this studio can support that kind of an expense easily, however no company wants to be charged multiple times when it doesn't have too, so expect them to hold off an "nest" patches together so content and fixes can all be rolled out at the same time, to save on being charged for pushing updates over Live.

I agree with all the sentiments in this thread, but there is more to it than "oh we fixed two minor issues, roll out a patch!"
    Where do you get your information? Back in 2013 MS got flaked to hell over patch fees, eventually they quietly got rid of patch fees on the 360. Not entirely sure if it changed when the One came out but I haven't heard devs complaining so I'm going to say no.

Also to add some back info devs were allowed one free patch and then charged up to ~$40,000 not 60k. You can easily find all this info just looking back through gaming news cause it was a big controversy.

So to sum up, using that as a excuse is most likely bull. In this games particular case it's beyond bull seeing as many of these, as others have stated, have been on the PC for a while now.
  • Options
    danfilmsdanfilms Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fair enough, last time I was involved with a release it was in 2012-2013, so my info is old. Good to hear they dropped it. (looking up Xbox One info now)

EDIT: It appears they do not charge for updates on Xbox One.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/launching-indie-games-on-xbox-one-can-cost-up-to-5000
    There is no fee to apply to ID@Xbox and we provide registered developers with two development kits. There are also no fees for certification or title updates on Xbox One.

With Unity 5 being fully open and powered for free now, there is really no reason any Dev shouldn't be looking at Xbox as a platform. Wish I had the time to get back into it.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great list, op. I'm loving this game too and I'm happy with the ROI on the money I've put in already, but those issues are very real and should be in the known error's list.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Judging by how active the devs/admins are here on the forums, im guessing they simply dont give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about fixing any/most of that stuff. Ive never seen a developer so NOT into what its customers think than this one. At least other companies hire forum admins to try to act like they care atleast. Wondering if this wasnt just one of those 'get rich quick and move on' developers.
  • Options
    diablodubsdiablodubs Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2015

edit: was already explained it's free now
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Good news patch today!! OH WAIT, nothing fixed.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's weird we didn't get the campaigns that were released like 6 months before the mod we got.