What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do NOT make the game easier/less challenging

Comments

• Options
    alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited April 2015
    The Difficulty is not fine at all is nearly ******ed mode i got as GF this stats : 121k HP , 43% damage reduce aka almost 11k Defense, 33% deflect, using protector feat when i attack boss 4 times add him 20% dmg reduce debuff , 5% dmg reduce debuff from a feat when i attack while blocking , another 5% defense buff when i use knight valor , 8% change to life steal + perfect necrotic ( sometimes heals me multipl times to full hp every sec when i attack multiple mobs cuz the efect stacks up to 5times with a 4% chance to ls per stack)
    AND YEEEEEEEEEET BEING SO **** DEFENSIVE I GET ( 1HIT 200K OR A RANDOM CRIT THAT HITS ME WHILE BLOCKING I REPEAT WHILE BLOCKING FOR 130K DMG OVER MY HP) so conclusions? yea harder, very harder .
    NOTE this i got 4 artifacts , 3 are orange and 3 of them are defensive only 1 is offensive and i keep it for HP is the GWF artifact... jessus hope to see a real balance this mod is a monster
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Your not..

You need to sit in a astral shield, with a virt or faithful foresight (or bob feated) DC, mitigating via feats/powers/daily (hg). Slot a negation (even a lesser isnt bad, but each step up better).

Then use your shield. This STILL wont stop the cheese 1 million hits, as even with all that nothing. But for the 100k hits, and your 100 hp pool, its enough, then the DC needs to restore your HP quickly, if I have enough hots rolling on my virt, it will only take 2-3 seconds.

Doesnt mean its not hard, or some groups , just wont make it happen (so even if the DC/GF can get on the same page) if the other dps take too many hits, all the time, die in nano seconds wont work sometimes either.

one of my pet peeves, is dps running away from the DC.. like on the other side of lostmouth, where my bastion or hw isnt usable at all times (Ive switched to bastion, but sometimes go with HW, due to that fact, as it will heal in a straightline for those situations.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    and 1 thing more, im not here to judge them clerics but most of them just spam heals ok ! is not enough they need to use spells that shield players and there are few arround 3-4 if im right or else is nearly impossible to stay alive as GF while taking dmg from mobs that almost 1 hit you and from party members with knight valor active.
    the most intersting fact is : the gloves of haste is glitchy and without that is nearly impossible to do some epics....
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The tank ideea is to be able to charge into mobs first and aggro them but sometimes u have an hidden enemy LAG and u die in midle lunge cuz u cant charge in first and aggro them because 1 hit, if a tank full defense gets 1 hit why do i stack defense? i might just stack hp from everything i can get even inferior gear but that also mean reroll artifacts and some are unnavailble or extremly expanssive.... hope to see a fix, tired of mascots on forum saying the difficulty is fine , no its not fine to get 1 hit from almost every mob as tank and 3 hits from spitting spiders in etos (spitting spiders are the lowest mobs there u can 1 shoot them with anything)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    magnusolam wrote: »
    It would make a lot more sense to cater for both those who want 'a challenge' and those who just want a bit of fun. Introducing a choice of difficulty levels so that players can choose how challenged they want to be should be the way to go. Rewards should remain the same across the different difficulty levels so that a natural progression can then ensue (i.e. new players can move up a difficulty level once their characters are sufficiently tooled up - or existing players can drop a difficulty level if they just want a bit of fun for a change).

There is a choice:
    - levelling dungeons. They're still playable at max level. That's where anyone should start to learn how to play the game.
    - T1s. Quite easy. Doable with no tank or no healer. It requires not to stand in red and to have some elementary knowledge of the game mechanics and a decent build.
    - T2s: a challenge.

The issue is that everyone seems obsessed by T2 dungeons, demanding them to be nerfed so that the worst players could queue, smash random buttons and leave with purple gear, even though the instances can still be enjoyed at max lvl using the queue with no item level requirement.
  • Options
    buzzardsbaitbuzzardsbait Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    almondum wrote: »
    Just to make sure that some feedback about people who are AGAINST this whole "it's too hard" nonsense is sent to the Devs.

I disagree with the opinion of some people who claim that the game is too hard.
    The difficulty is just fine, please, do NOT reduce it.

Almondum

Your whole argument is invalid really. The game as it was through past modules could be very hard. Don't believe me?, just leave your armor and heal pots in the bank and run a dungeon.. Then come back and tell everyone how easy it is.. It really is the players fault when something is too easy.

Thank you,
    Have fun,
  • Options
    bruceiferbruceifer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There is no correct answer to was the game too easy before or too hard now; it all depends on how high your enchants and gear was. If you had put in the time and or money to be in maxed epic gear with fully maxed enchants you could wade through pretty much everything. If you were lev 60 but had only mid level enchants then soloing or even in a small group the bosses were challenging pre mod 6.

Keeping the game challenging for the top tier players, while still keeping it doable for the more casual folks is not going to be done with a one difficulty fits all mindset. I honestly think that the game WAS about right for the non elite players. instead of upping all the mobs, and deleting the in combat healing across the board, I think a more challenging hard core campaign for the uber players would have been great to keep them challenged.

Now I have 2 characters a GF(64) and a GWF(66), both of which get slaughtered by mobs of equal level (not bosses)if I try to stand and fight them. I need to dodge in and out like a mongoose on speed to survive, if I wanted to play that way I would have taken an HR. Yeah you jump out of the red areas...but even normal hits are hitting me with 5k a pop....4 mobs and I'm toast if I'm hit 8 times total in the fight. No AD&D game I ever played has had fighters this squishy.
  • Options
    wovenmidnightwovenmidnight Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For the sake of feedback, I disagree. I would very much like a difficulty reduction, but that's just personal taste.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    There is a choice:
    - levelling dungeons. They're still playable at max level. That's where anyone should start to learn how to play the game.
    - T1s. Quite easy. Doable with no tank or no healer. It requires not to stand in red and to have some elementary knowledge of the game mechanics and a decent build.
    - T2s: a challenge.

The issue is that everyone seems obsessed by T2 dungeons, demanding them to be nerfed so that the worst players could queue, smash random buttons and leave with purple gear, even though the instances can still be enjoyed at max lvl using the queue with no item level requirement.

Diogenes says T1 dungeons are "quite easy" because Diogenes is an awesome player who is able to solo everything.

But for the rest of us mere mortals, the T1 dungeons are still quite hard and DO require a tank and healer.

I haven't yet been able to finish Lostmauth, hopefully this weekend I'll be able to.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I dont agree with op .
    Single player camp are ok. At lvl 70 with lvl 70 gear.

But T2 and even in T1 some creatures and bosses deal insane dmg .
    I got with my paladin from Tos endboss 4 mill dmg from laser there is no way to avoid it as tank cuz tanks have no dodge.
    Just saying i had 40% dr +my divine call was up total 80% dr my daly was up another mignate (own layer)80 % DR + i have 120k hp and another 100 k temp hp and i died .
    Its total mess .
    Same thing affects GF too no matter what he do GF and tankadin have no dodge.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    buzzardsbaitbuzzardsbait Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    Diogenes says T1 dungeons are "quite easy" because Diogenes is an awesome player who is able to solo everything.

But for the rest of us mere mortals, the T1 dungeons are still quite hard and DO require a tank and healer.

I haven't yet been able to finish Lostmauth, hopefully this weekend I'll be able to.

I agree with you.

I want to see Diogenes run a day without all his leet gear. You stop and think about it the high gear guys did it to themselves. While there is nothing wrong with having the best of the best everything. it takes more and more of the challenge out. We control our own difficulty level in reality as we can also gear DOWN just as easy.

Want a real challenge?

PLAY NAKED :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I agree with you.

I want to see Diogenes run a day without all his leet gear. You stop and think about it the high gear guys did it to themselves. While there is nothing wrong with having the best of the best everything. it takes more and more of the challenge out. We control our own difficulty level in reality as we can also gear DOWN just as easy.

Want a real challenge?

I don't think Diogenes or anyone else should "play naked". Sounds like Diogenes is enjoying enough challenge with T2 dungeons.

I just wish Diogenes, and similar players, wouldn't patronize the rest of us by telling us "oh yeah, all that other content is just REALLY EASY". They don't seem to have any empathy or understanding for anyone else. That is just galling to me.
  • Options
    magnusolammagnusolam Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2015

Want a real challenge?

This is very true and always was. I keep thinking there should be guilds called something like 'The Spartans' for players who remove all armour and possibly 'Masochists Unlimited' for those who take off all their armour and never upgrade their weapons ;)
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The style of play right now is different than previous mods. Can no longer the the exact same way as before. I was able to do eLOL and VT with my alt T2 GF with CN weapons, few boons, and no companions. I definitely could not tank everything because i am undergear and will definitely cost a lot of AD to make him powerful enough to tank the new T1s and T2 dungeon damage.

This mod makes dungeons definitely difficult, but not impossible. As a side note, really enjoyed the Fiery Pit mini dungeon where you have to grab a bucket of water to defeat the enemy.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The 2000 dungeons should be raised to 3000 and a new set of 2000 dungeons need to be added with appropriate challenge. There is a huge "transition" issue right now from one tier of dungeons to the next.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I'lll take you to lostmauth this weekend if you want to. You know where to find me. You'll see, it's not that hard.
    I want to see Diogenes run a day without all his leet gear.

Lol. Most of my gear is blue and my item level is 2350 only.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The way of playing is exactly the same as it was when the game launched: stack as many CWs as you can for maximum CC.
  • Options
    elvenangerelvenanger Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Op...what is gonna happen when new players become frustrated and look elsewhere for fun? I want to have fun but I dread the dismal prospect of end game, I don't always have the time and I don't know the right people or guilds in order to do anything at level 70. What then?

It just feels like this was made for the elite 10% an no one else. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If you only had mid level enchants (at or below 7) even with the epic gear from Sharandar or Dread Ring the bosses were still challenging. The folks that were "over powered" and needed a challenge were the top end players with maxed gear and enchants (especially but not only maxed life drain). Unfortunately those of us who were happy were quietly enjoying our games while they were on the forums screaming "it's too easy please make it harder". Unfortunately the henceforth silent majority has taken too long to wake up.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bruceifer wrote: »
    If you only had mid level enchants (at or below 7) even with the epic gear from Sharandar or Dread Ring the bosses were still challenging. The folks that were "over powered" and needed a challenge were the top end players with maxed gear and enchants (especially but not only maxed life drain). Unfortunately those of us who were happy were quietly enjoying our games while they were on the forums screaming "it's too easy please make it harder". Unfortunately the henceforth silent majority has taken too long to wake up.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Back when these survivability nerfs were only on preview, I'd say that at least 90% of the players who either applauded the changes or actually wanted the game even harder were BiS hard-core PvP'ers.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Remember games are primarly about having fun and good time with those dear to you, games are not about frustration and being .

I play with my friends, and you can do the content with profession rare level 70 items and get the currency to buy better equipment.
    Just because people are lazy to use their brains that doesn't mean that the game must be for brainless people...
    Without challenge there is no fun to playing at all. For social stuff, I can just go to my friend's house or use "facebook".
    Not everybody stated mod 6 with 2-3k+ item level you know? If you're afraid that game may become to easy "FOR YOU" then let feel free to use some worse items for a more challenging game play or make the mobs deal bonus dmg based on your item level, so game will always remain challenging no matter what gear you get.

I don't have 2-3k Item level. Being lazy has consequences....you can get decent level 70 gear to do Tier 1 dungeons for the epic items. Wanting everything immediatly is another thing, I hate to have everything instantly...that becomes boring very fast.
    While this type of topic will attract fairly divisive opinions, the game difficulty/content format will be decided by something far more basic.
    1. If Cryptic are happy with the game income from the Mod 6 changes, it will stay as is.
    2. If Cryptic see a decline in player numbers/revenue from Mod 6, there will be changes.
    Yep pretty basic and obvious stuff here, but that's the reality of how it works.

This is exactly what is going to happen. I just started this post to force the MODS introduce some numbers in the statistics... I am pretty sure they are forced to make reports about our opinions(even if they can't/won't admit it), so now they will have to send some about people who are "in favor" of the Mod6 Difficulty.

Have fun everyone,
    Almondum.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Lol. Most of my gear is blue and my item level is 2350 only.

"Only".

I'm sitting pretty at 1800+. And I'm one of the more heavily geared people in my Guild.

"Only".

What a jerk.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just to make sure that some feedback about people who are AGAINST this whole "it's too hard" nonsense is sent to the Devs.

I disagree with the opinion of some people who claim that the game is too hard.
    The difficulty is just fine, please, do NOT reduce it.

Thank you,
    Have fun,

Almondum

I Agree 100%. I hadn't really PVEd in a long time...too easy... no point to run a dungeon if you had the gear in it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    you can get decent level 70 gear to do Tier 1 dungeons for the epic items

Where do you get decent level 70 gear without first completing T1 dungeons?
  • Options
    misery70misery70 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hard is fine but now they have destroyed the game, You have to be at least 65 for shandar, dead ring and icewind . Took dungeons away. added a crappy 3 person epic dungeon. took days and weeks worth of grind for gear and made it worthless. Added some dungeon book that I still havent fiqured out how to use because of no tool tip for it. I see a mass adios of this game coming, They have ticked off many players. And once people leave its hard to get them back. They are going to take a purse beating over this mess, At least they havent screwed up X box one yet
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I actually would like to see the game have extremely hard content for the top tier players with epic gear and maxed out enchants to feel challenged. I just don't think everyone should have to play there. The game is supposed to be solo friendly and advertises that; so throw out the rubbish about needing to team, because it's what D&D is about.

This is a D&D based game, but it is not D&D. Hell in D&D 2hit dice mobs like say 4 lizard men with darts (1-4 dam) and spears (1-6 dam) would never be more than a speed bump for a mid level fighter (avg 80 hp at 10th lev with a 17 con). Hell by the rules I played by in 2nd edition they would probably not even hit him. While with a great sword and weapons specialization maybe a slight strength bonus to dam. he would one shot them. That is definitely not the case in the broken shores.

I know most people do not play on steam...but the fact that the numbers on steam have dropped significantly since mod 6 is not surprising. Cryptic should certainly keep content to challenge the uber characters, but realize that the folks without top enchants are getting frustrated and do not like getting repeatedly beaten up. Many of us found Celadain, Jawbone, the jailer in well of the dragons, all quite difficult and challenging before, and were quite happy with the game at that point.
  • Options
    lastwolf25lastwolf25 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Still trying to figure it out, my gear with the lvl 70 blue gear I got from the 3-men dungs got me to 1500 iLvl counting all the rnk 5 enchantI'd found so far, so I can't even try to queu for the 1600 dungeons at all to try and start grinding to get better gear, just trying to grind glory at pvp ( I'd hated pvp since I started playing MMO's 10 years ago) to see if with that I can do something at sharandar, dd or WoD cause I want to get those boons ( hit lvl 60 4 days before mod6 was launched, and still trying to figure out how to get all those boons in just 4 days) as someone else here in the forums told was possible
  • Options
    slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »

E. Increase gear level to 2k for t1 and 2.5 for t2. Remove scaling from tiamat and enter a limit of 2.5k to enter. This just helps everyone.

The Item level doesn't need increasing on either the T1s or T2s.

I'm also interested on how you think a new player is going to get to 2000 item level for the T1s if that change did happen. I have a full Alliance set, both main hand and offhand are rare (blue) right now, 4 artifacts ,3 rare and 1 epic, and all my enchantments are either rank 6 or 7. All of that gives me "just" 2055 item level.

A new player is Not going to have more than 1 artifact in most cases unless they grind up 2 characters to 60.

A new player will not have easy access to fey or dragon hoards.

T2s and Tiamat should be the main challenge / End game. T1s and such need to be easier for casual players.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Did you try levelling dungeons at 70? They're supposed to drop gear of your level. Blue gear is also a very rare drop. And a SCA login reward. Currently, most of the blue gear sells for 500-5000 AD.