test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will the free respec from Mod 6 remain indefinitely?

ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Will the free respec from Mod 6 remain indefinitely?

With mod 6 came a free full respec (a button on your char sheet, just in case you did not notice it!).
My main toon kept all his power point allocations and most of the feat allocations and I was able to reallocate the remaining feat points without using the respec.

So my question is: can I hold back the full respec until I am level 70, or even further in the future?
Post edited by ninatheaxe on

Comments

• rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In the past free respecs have remained until you used them, though you were limited to a total of two free respecs waiting to be used at any one time.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Free Respecs do not expire. They do not stack though, so if they give out another free respec later down the road and you still have one, you'll only have one.
  • ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Free Respecs do not expire. They do not stack though, so if they give out another free respec later down the road and you still have one, you'll only have one.

Thanks, I wasn't planning to keep it forever but I would like to keep it until I have a better feel for the new skills.
    Plus I expect there will be one or two skill re-balances in the coming weeks so I'll probably wait until the dust settles and I ding 70 before I respec into my final topnotch-uber-godlike build. Well, final until the next time of course.

As an aside, I do feel that there is a bit too much moving and amalgamating of threads on these forums. It's quite confusing and, in the case of this particular thread, I don't think it belongs in the PVE only section as it surely applies equally to PVP (but please don't move it again!).
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    ninatheaxe wrote: »
    As an aside, I do feel that there is a bit too much moving and amalgamating of threads on these forums. It's quite confusing and, in the case of this particular thread, I don't think it belongs in the PVE only section as it surely applies equally to PVP (but please don't move it again!).

Yeah, sorry it got checked by mistake when I was mass-moving. It is a general topic so if you'd like, I can move it back.
  • coliercolier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Does anyone know how long the free respec we all got with the Mod6 update is available? Does it time out or does it stay available until I decide to use it? Can I use it after I turn level 70?

Thank you in advance...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Until you use it, or until the company gives out another free respec as they won't stack.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited April 2015
    colier wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long the free respec we all got with the Mod6 update is available? Does it time out or does it stay available until I decide to use it? Can I use it after I turn level 70?

Thank you in advance...

Please see my post above in reply to another user's inquiry. I've merged these thread and put them back in their proper home, in General.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • oldcampaigneroldcampaigner Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't really know what they mean by respec.
    edited April 2015
    Don't really know what they mean by respec.

Respec is short for Re-specialization. It's when you re-do your character to rechoose your powers, ability scores, boons and feats. There are "Respec Tokens" in game that allow this.