test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

From Dailies to Notlies

ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
From Dailies to Notlies

Sharandar - empty
Dread Ring - empty
Icewind Dale - empty
Well of Dragons - 5 instances. Explored two of them. Mostly folk standing around a bit bewildered. Heralds arrived. No-one attacked them.

Went back to PE and looked at the tree. Nice tree.
Post edited by ninatheaxe on

Comments

• Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lol that made me laugh, +1
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    adhewr5jh53adhewr5jh53 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PS: and dont even bring up the group thing. A group of 14-15k people will die just as easily as a solo 15k player. If a CC immune, solo instance boss can nearly hit kill my 24k GWF ( at lvl 65 with lvl 65 armor and 80k HP ) then any team of 15k people will be 1 shotted in an instant. The only class I see managing this new, forced group content solo is probably the rogue, going as stealthy as possible
    Heard about resurrect? Was about 4 deaths during "Dread Spire" with my 10k gs HR, but none was forced resurrect at campfire. Press F and move on.

Keep in mind its 70 lvl area. Complain at least after you got 70 lvl. But why 60 lvl allowed come to 70 lvl area and get fake 70 lvl? Good question
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone who tested preview should know this. Mod 6's solo content is doable if you were bis or near bis during Mod 5. The casuals better pay up or be damned. This is the message and I got it loud and clear.

PS: and dont even bring up the group thing. A group of 14-15k people will die just as easily as a solo 15k player. If a CC immune, solo instance boss can nearly hit kill my 24k GWF ( at lvl 65 with lvl 65 armor and 80k HP ) then any team of 15k people will be 1 shotted in an instant. The only class I see managing this new, forced group content solo is probably the rogue, going as stealthy as possible
    how did you get the level 65 armor? cause i need it. and im at level 65 still using my dt set.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ninatheaxe wrote: »
    From Dailies to Notlies

Sharandar - empty
    Dread Ring - empty
    Icewind Dale - empty
    Well of Dragons - 5 instances. Explored two of them. Mostly folk standing around a bit bewildered. Heralds arrived. No-one attacked them.

Funny and sad at the same time!

Devs didn't read our feedbacks on the empty places, like Dungeons, that nobody did and other haunted places. Now they introduced more of such emptiness, cause while people level the chosen toons, those who got to level only 1 or 2 toons will be bored, while the insane damage will keep players away from fight. LOL i saw more campfire warmers in a PVE environment today, than in PVP, which is by all means a miracle. LOL
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Having had some time to digest I've realised the problem:
    Previously mods were added and we typically got a new area with slightly harder enemies and quests and some new rewards. We were free to attempt the new stuff, and if it was too hard we could go back to the stuff were were already doing and gear up a bit, get a few more boons, whatever.

Mod 6 turns that on its head. The stuff we were already doing is suddenly way too hard so we are forced to play the new mod, even if we were not ready for it. Presumably when we've done with that we'll be strong enough to go back to the previous mod area and continue our boon progress. It's kinda backwards to how it should be.

Still, the tree *is* nice.
  • Options
    oldcampaigneroldcampaigner Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, and Boo is kinda cute.
  • Options
    dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well I'll just do my Professions and hang around eating up server bandwidth and not spend anymore money on this game. Feel free to join me for a free ride.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    dingoballz wrote: »
    Well I'll just do my Professions and hang around eating up server bandwidth and not spend anymore money on this game. Feel free to join me for a free ride.

+1 for the comment
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From Dailies to Notlies

Sharandar - empty
    Dread Ring - empty
    Icewind Dale - empty

yeah it is really strange that people are doing the NEW CONTENT(even if most of it is not exactly new, still need to level up anyway) or doing paldins and the rest of those instances you said were bots.

that's very interesting, you want all the old instances full on one day after launch... funny.
    and if you cant handle the dificulty, thats fine. go level to 70, gear reasonably and go again, if still hard, party up.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »
    and if you cant handle the dificulty, thats fine. go level to 70, gear reasonably and go again, if still hard, party up.

Or, I just quit this frustrating game and leave you all alone in your epic, elitist campaigns, just like some people seem to want it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Or, I just quit this frustrating game and leave you all alone in your epic, elitist campaigns, just like some people seem to want it.

i wish for once the elitest whales would shut up about how the games to easy. take your gear off then.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Because we're all busy levelling to 70. Now campaigns also requires gear from dungeons. As it should. It's now:

Levelling to 70 > T1 dungeons > daily quests. Campaigns aren't a convenient way to skip half of the content anymore. The original purpose was keeping people busy while waiting for another module, not being a loot pinata for fresh max lvl characters.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

The campaigns were always end game content, could you go to sharandar on lvl 50? you couldn't. the new level cap is 70, they are only keeping the lvl 60 players probably because of compatibility and any old progress you had.

It is doable if you are overgeared, sure, but you CAN still do it with aparty, is that too hard to find someone else that also wants to do dread ring or sharandar or whatever? I dont think so.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    i wish for once the elitest whales would shut up about how the games to easy. take your gear off then.

dude, the whales are the fist to cry when they cant facetank ****, you are already seeing posts and tears on dungeons.
    the content is too hard and will be fixed, but the campaigns aren't meant for undergeared, alone lvl 60 players. just like they weren't meant for lvl 50. don't confuse me knowing my limits and knowing where I can go to elitism.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm really sick of people pretending like dread ring and sharandar are only meant for level 70 bis players. They said here that "The endgame campaigns have been adjusted to bolster players’ combat effectiveness to ensure the content can be played by anyone of level 60 or higher.", also "These campaigns should now provide additional leveling content for post-level 60 progression."
    Besides that, even level 70 content shouldn't have level 73 enemies, when enemies that are 2 levels higher than the player are now supposed to be the limit of what you can beat. By that definition alone this content is unbeatable.
    This is not about facerolling, this is about trying to beat level appropriate content and failing so many times that people ragequit in frustration. It's not "challenging" if enemies just get a 5000% health boost and deal five times damage now.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    dude, the whales are the fist to cry when they cant facetank ****, you are already seeing posts and tears on dungeons.
    the content is too hard and will be fixed, but the campaigns aren't meant for undergeared, alone lvl 60 players. just like they weren't meant for lvl 50. don't confuse me knowing my limits and knowing where I can go to elitism.
    yeah well if leveling to 70 didnt suck so bad people prob wouldnt even think of complaining about this stuff.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm really sick of people pretending like dread ring and sharandar are only meant for level 70 bis players. They said here that "The endgame campaigns have been adjusted to bolster players’ combat effectiveness to ensure the content can be played by anyone of level 60 or higher.", also "These campaigns should now provide additional leveling content for post-level 60 progression."
    Besides that, even level 70 content shouldn't have level 73 enemies, when enemies that are 2 levels higher than the player are now supposed to be the limit of what you can beat. By that definition alone this content is unbeatable.
    This is not about facerolling, this is about trying to beat level appropriate content and failing so many times that people ragequit in frustration. It's not "challenging" if enemies just get a 5000% health boost and deal five times damage now.

from the same post you linked:

"Greetings Adventurers!
    With the increase in level cap we are taking this opportunity to adjust how our campaigns work. Our intent is that the Sharandar, Dread Ring, and Icewind Dale campaigns remain compelling high level content, while the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign continues to provide an exciting and challenging introduction to campaigns while leveling, and an engaging alternative to the regular leveling content."

No one said you should have a easy easy way on dread ring. they did said you should continue having an easy time on tod campaign and really the dragons now are the same level of the instance and are overal much easier.

but I do agree with you, already said that on another threat, trash mobs hitting too hard, even on ranged/non dodgeable atacks.
    your damage is probably fine to kill them fast, but yes they are hitting way too hard even for lvl 70 players, that will probably be fixed soon.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    yeah well if leveling to 70 didnt suck so bad people prob wouldnt even think of complaining about this stuff.

that's a different issue, gotta make a thread about increasing the xp rewards on the new elemental evil content, it really suck ***, I am at 75% bonus xp and still taking 3 or 4 days of playing to level to 70. the same xp bost makes a lvl 40 to 60 in one or two days of reasonable game time.

oh and tod missions really give more xp than dr/sharandar so I think you should do them, just the dragons and the mission there they are easy and give alot of xp. I get like 8k xp every mission.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I don't know what you're talking about. I've killed a few mobs in WoD yesterday, out of curiosity, with some lvl 60 gear, and my char is far from being BiS, because I have two. :) It's what used to be a 17k DC. I've been there, killed a group with a rage drake, another one with one of those archers, and called it a day.

Now if you want the easy mode, wait until you're 70 and have some gear. You're the only one saying we said you had to be BiS. That's trolling. And that's wrong, by the way. Some gear isn't the same thing as best gear. I do know a lot about the game mechanics, so it's easier for me, but it merely requires not to stand in red and killing minions applying dots first...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Level 61-69 is "high-level", Tyranny of Dragons campaign starts at 26, that's what that means. And again, I don't want it easy, I just don't want it frustrating. And that's what it is atm, because you have to be on edge all the time when a zombie jumps you and instantly kills you for no reason. After that happened 20 times or so, you just quit.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I don't know what you're talking about. I've killed a few mobs in WoD yesterday, out of curiosity, with some lvl 60 gear, and my char is far from being BiS, because I have two. :) It's what used to be a 17k DC. I've been there, killed a group with a rage drake, another one with one of those archers, and called it a day.

Now if you want the easy mode, wait until you're 70 and have some gear. You're the only one saying we said you had to be BiS. That's trolling. And that's wrong, by the way. Some gear isn't the same thing as best gear. I do know a lot about the game mechanics but, so it's easier for me, but it merely requires not to stand in red and killing minions applying dots first...

Congratulations. I had 12k GS before mod 6, so I'm just screwed now, because more gear and boons come from areas I can't go anymore?
    Also, I could do a Dread Ring lair at 60, at 61 I couldn't anymore and at 63 I'm too afraid to even go there. I get weaker from higher levels, while enemies get stronger. And it's the same in the new areas. Got so frustrating I gave up now, because I know all the grinding will just lead to a new level up which will make the game harder etc. So how am I supposed to get to level 70?
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And, believe it or not, there are some players like myself who enjoy the journey to higher levels and obtaining gear, not just the destination.

This mod has only served to drag everyone back 10 levels, then forced mindnumbingly boring and worthless content for us to journey through.

The constant race to be the highest level with the best gear is NOT the D&D that I know, love and have played.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Congratulations. I had 12k GS before mod 6, so I'm just screwed now, because more gear and boons come from areas I can't go anymore?
    Also, I could do a Dread Ring lair at 60, at 61 I couldn't anymore and at 63 I'm too afraid to even go there. I get weaker from higher levels, while enemies get stronger. And it's the same in the new areas. Got so frustrating I gave up now, because I know all the grinding will just lead to a new level up which will make the game harder etc. So how am I supposed to get to level 70?

The new areas are really easy. The fiery pit and the end of the new helm's hold has some tricky parts but the beauty of the thing is that with hourly quests, you can play the quests you like and avoid the ones you don't like.

The first thing to do is talking to seargent knox, as you have to do after every new module. Or talk to the people near the tree in the protector's enclave. You have 3 easy instances to do to unlock the new areas...
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tried the Heralds on Tuesday. Good group, but slower as the Dragons were level 73. As soon as the adds showed up we died in droves (6 times I think) with several revivals on just the White Dragon which we never got to kill.
    From Dailies to Notlies

Sharandar - empty
    Dread Ring - empty
    Icewind Dale - empty

• Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You have to consider that people who unlocked the bonus feast from camps before m6 will have them on full power once they reach lvl70 while new players will have to start from a lot worse position.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Tried the Heralds on Tuesday. Good group, but slower as the Dragons were level 73. As soon as the adds showed up we died in droves (6 times I think) with several revivals on just the White Dragon which we never got to kill.

Hehe. I could not resist having another go yesterday. I eventually found an instance with a small but enthusiastic group. White herald arrived, in we dived. We lasted a short while, and I actually got through a couple of rotations, then... boom, those that had no dodge (or were too slow) are dead, including me. One of the survivors started to res people, a couple of the others just walked away. If we had done any damage at all to the herald then my monitor does not have enough pixels to show it. I turned off the chat, because I already know enough swear words.

I'll return when I gear up and ding 70. ;p
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The campaigns were always end game content, could you go to sharandar on lvl 50? you couldn't. the new level cap is 70, they are only keeping the lvl 60 players probably because of compatibility and any old progress you had.

It is doable if you are overgeared, sure, but you CAN still do it with aparty, is that too hard to find someone else that also wants to do dread ring or sharandar or whatever? I dont think so.

Still not understanding my point.

Existing content should have been left alone.

New endgame content for higher/increasingly more difficult encounters should have been provided.

Simple.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79