test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game client Direct3D crash detecting Direct3D 11 feature level - crash ID 20085663

2»

Comments

• hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    prayerzz wrote: »
    Hello,

Could anyone inform me how to fix my following problem:

I start up my neverwinter client it patches update's everything then I login play for a bit and after 15mins-1hour of playing my screen decide's to freeze. ...
    Many Greets Dieter.

Hi prayerzz,

I'm looking into a bug that might be the same problem. If you can submit a manual crash dump, and post or PM the CrypticError ID, then I can tell you if you're having a known problem. Additionally, I can give you some diagnostic commands that may help, either to resolve the issue, or to help us diagnose why it's happening. I've copied out an excerpt of the instructions for reporting a stuck client from this thread "http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?69201-Feedback-Reporting-Client-Responsiveness-Issues&p=1087911&viewfull=1#post1087911".

Using the CrypticError report

1. With the game still running go to the game client directory

The following are the default directories for the game which will be different based on what version of Windows you have:

C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\profiler (Windows XP)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\profiler (64-bit Windows)
    C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\profiler (Windows 7)

2. Run the CrypticError program
    3. Select GameClient.exe from the list of running applications
    4. Click the ‘Send’ button to submit the report
    5. Note the Error Ticket ID number

Thanks!

Dave
  • hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Elixa66,

Unfortunately, that error number means the game was not able to directly report where the error was. Those reports all go into one report and get reprocessed here into the appropriate bucket. That means I can't tell your actual crash from that number to give you a status update.

Dave
  • zerowaitzerowait Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hithereyou wrote: »
    Hi All,

I just want you to know that we are actively working on various graphics stability issues including this one.

Dave
    Kindly check this topic for me. Its about client stability issue during game play.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?214651-FPS-Dropped-during-PvP
  • galanoxgalanox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since this morning one character gets stuck at the load-in screen for Protector's Enclave. I sent the dump, but would like to know if this might be related to the issue covered in this thread? Other character loads with no problems, but is not at the Enclave. Thanks :)
  • refulgentrefulgent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm getting this same error in Neverwinter very regularly and it seem so happen primarily around the Merchant area in Protectors Enclave:

I'm getting this 10+ times a day, 99% of the time is is near the merchant error in Protector's Enclave. Game full crashes, even the cryptic error message wrapper crashes and is unable to report the error.

FATAL ERROR

Fatal Error: Diirect3D driver returned error code (E_OUTOFMEMORY) while creating a texture.

Technical Details: E_OUTOFMEMORY while creating 2D texture size 1024 x 1024 (11 mips, RTEX_DXT5), 971.85 MB RAM, 71.98 MB virtual space available.

System:
    Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 32-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130410-1505)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3550MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 650
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FC6&SUBSYS_26503842&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 2487 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 967 MB
    Shared Memory: 1519 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: ViewSonic VX2250 SERIES
    Monitor Model: VX2250 SERIES
    Monitor Id: VSCCB25
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
    Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.2018 (English)
    Driver Version: 9.18.13.2018
  • epic1908epic1908 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    how about crash id:14782827 ? been getting this error since last week
  • n1bble5n1bble5 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey,

Ive been getting these crashes every 10mins or so.... It is making the game very unplayable :(

This is the error i get every time

neverwinter%20error.png

System:
    Windows 7 pro 64bit
    CPU: i5-2500K, 3.30Ghz overclocked to 4.50 Ghz
    8G of Ram
    GPU: 2x EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (1536 MB)
    GPU driver: Driver 320.49
    Cooling: NH-D14
    Mother Board: P8Z68-V PRO

Any help would me much appreciated
  • azent1991azent1991 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    we have been getting this error number 14178636, finally got it working in safe mode and that's it
  • alexandra365alexandra365 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have tried multiple different options to try and fix this, but nothing I try will work...

Fatal Error: Unable to create DirectX render device!
    One of following may help you resolve this issue: restart your computer,
    ensure your video drivers are up to date, contact technical support.

Error Ticket ID: 11475241

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)
    i7-3630QM CPU@
    2.40GHz 2.40GHz

Graphics Card Information: GeForce GT 630M

DirectX 11.1
  • kinukonekokinukoneko Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Everything was running fine I changed video settings to 3d11 and now the game won't load I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled deleted the local files tried the 3d11 work around and nothing is working. This must be a sign telling me not to buy the packs I was going to buy tonight....

*Nvm after the 100th or so try it let me log in and readjust my settings*
  • vyxinn1vyxinn1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im getting an error...

fatal error direct3d driver returned error code
    (dxgi_error_device_removed) while checking sync query

technical details sync query 7 0x163e4940 get data == 0x887a0005 0 NF
    o
    D3D11 Device removed due to dxgi error device hung 0x887a0006

I never had a hard time playing neverwinter until this last expansion.
    Someone please help me. =(
  • eritheyleritheyl Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vyxinn1 wrote: »
    Im getting an error...

fatal error direct3d driver returned error code
    (dxgi_error_device_removed) while checking sync query

technical details sync query 7 0x163e4940 get data == 0x887a0005 0 NF
    o
    D3D11 Device removed due to dxgi error device hung 0x887a0006

I never had a hard time playing neverwinter until this last expansion.
    Someone please help me. =(

Follow the hotfix directions in the original post.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    first of all i want to say ty to all the devs that are posting responses to our bug reports
    this is somthing i have been asking for for about 6 months and im so happy to see you doing it
    also what is the reason with so much lag in zones
    edited April 2015
    I did what the first post says to do but I am still not getting anywhere.
    Unless Im missing something else in the 5 pages of this thread.
    edited April 2015
    ok I tried what the first post said to do again and let it run thru a full patch. Now Im getting the error

fatal error: direct3d driver returned code (d3derr_devicehung) while checking sync query

Technical Details: Sync query 3 0x37c1f40 GetData==0x88760874 0 f 0
  • jynxed0704jynxed0704 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    workaround did nothing.no change-same crash before character screen.
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited April 2015
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everybody!

We've received reports that users with various Intel Integrated Graphics devices are experiencing crashes during the startup Direct3D 11 feature level check. The Cryptic Error ID will appear as 20085663.

We have a workaround that requires disabling the Direct3D 11 support in the client, so affected users running the workaround will be restricted to using the Direct3D 9 graphics support. To enable the workaround, follow these steps:

1. Run the Neverwinter launcher.
    2. Open the Options dialog.
    3. Add the following to the Advanced command line field: -d3d11Enable 0

That should do the trick! :)

Obviously is not what's going on with mine. Did that and it came up with the music, the cursor, and a black screen. No menu. Removing the code. Would rather reboot over and over just to clear the Direct X than deal with no menu, thank you.
    edited April 2015
    that fix doesnt work.
    edited April 2015
    i went into options and logged in with no trouble in safe mode-no crashes,smooth play.
  • warrios72warrios72 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have a problem with the new update, once it starts to uchituva game before you show up with any player to play tells me a problem and I can not enter
    OnlyGodCanJudgeMe
  • blackcatmeowmix2blackcatmeowmix2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello, I've just tried running me launcher again to send a report as to what is going on.

With me, every time I press play on the launcher, it gets passed the Cryptic loading screen, however, the game always crashes on the second before I can even get to the character selection. All this started happening since yesterday when Module 6 was released. I did try re-installing the game, even restarting my entire computer. Since it's happening to quite a bit of people on other forums, I can only assume that something with the new module has effected our game play and won't allow us to load all the way.

Honestly, I love NW immensely and hope to return to the game as soon as I can.
  • warrios72warrios72 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    whether there is a link to download direct3d 11
    OnlyGodCanJudgeMe
  • wishbone11wishbone11 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Changed my desktop resolution on my laptop and it let me play, but no mouse pointer at all, not even at selection screen. changed resolution back and it wont load says device hung
  • wishbone11wishbone11 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Try changing desktop resolution, changed mine on my laptop and it worked. stopped getting D3D errors and didnt have to use the disable work around.
This discussion has been closed.