test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Greater Black Ice Belt & Cloak insanity

bezik01bezik01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
edited June 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Greater Black Ice art set is the only 70 lvl art set, which can ONLY be obtained through mining and processing black ice. Other art set have already flooded AH (dropping from lockboxes and HE), they can also be bought with Linu.

What is the point behind that insanity? Do devs reeally believe people would spend all their playing time in IWD mining half a million of black ice and then processing it for several days?

Dear devs. Please stop making this game a nolife experience. First: forcing people to invoke 6x a day, now that 500.000 black ice stupidity.

Really. How much more?
Post edited by bezik01 on

Comments

• sasiltonsasilton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    WTF? new black ice belt and cloak are obtainable only from npc when you have 500k black ice refined? hahahhahahaaaa gl with this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    also they have new abilty stats con and chr now i ether have to go with a differant set like the valendras or keep the old ones
  • bezik01bezik01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    also they have new abilty stats con and chr now i ether have to go with a differant set like the valendras or keep the old ones

stats are ok for a warlock class but it's now the only class which is forced to spend insane amounts of time on farming black ice and then processing it in order to get a set. I wonder who lost his mind designing it.....
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah the black ice belt and cloak are definitely unfair compared to the other sets , 250000 refined black ice per piece is quite honestly insane.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • bezik01bezik01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah the black ice belt and cloak are definitely unfair compared to the other sets , 250000 refined black ice per piece is quite honestly insane.

Insanity designed by insane ones.
  • odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    But no need to do Tiamat. Considering the frustration of failing Tiamat by low geared pugs, I am not sure the 500k BI routes sound that bad! :P
  • thexarkunthexarkun Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on black ice gear. Always have. Always will.
  • laiusslaiuss Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2015
    thexarkun wrote: »
    I <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on black ice gear. Always have. Always will.
    Artifact greater black ice set is BiS for a warlock, so unfortunately warlocks cannot <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on it, as you suggest.

However making the zone lvl 73 and implementing price per set on 500 000 black ice (which you have to refine first....) means one thing: it's impossible to farm the set in reasonable amount of time.

Why is it the only artifact set unobtainable by other means? Why cannot it drop even from lockboxes like every other artifact sets?

Why is the warlock class discriminated ?

That's just another example how careless and short sighted current dev team is.

Guys, do you even play/test the game you create?
  • lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bezik01 wrote: »
    First: forcing people to invoke 6x a day, now that 500.000 black ice stupidity.

Uh... forced? Someone have a gun to your head and making you invoke 6 times a day?
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    bezik01 wrote: »
    stats are ok for a warlock class but it's now the only class which is forced to spend insane amounts of time on farming black ice and then processing it in order to get a set. I wonder who lost his mind designing it.....

acually for me i bought the 3 peice set on last mod for my cw int and chr is good now im also screwed because if i want the 3 peice set bonus i have now i have to farm 3 more peices including a new artifact so i am pissed also
    edited April 2015
    lldt wrote: »
    Uh... forced? Someone have a gun to your head and making you invoke 6 times a day?

You don't have to invoke. You do not have to level up. You don't have to gather new gear and refine it. But an MMORPG means one thing: constant evolution of your character, making it better and stronger.

If such progress is impossible - for most people there is no reason in playing the game and supporting it with real money.

If I have to spend 2 months on farming black ice every day and doing nothing else (sorry, cannot spend 6+ hours in game daily, got real life) just to get new, better set to farm few weeks later... sorry, I'm out. Just like many others. You've already lost 50% of your Q3 income due to decreasing player base. Are you sure it's really the right way ?
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    laiuss wrote: »
    You don't have to invoke. You do not have to level up. You don't have to gather new gear and refine it. But an MMORPG means one thing: constant evolution of your character, making it better and stronger.

If such progress is impossible - for most people there is no reason in playing the game and supporting it with real money.

If I have to spend 2 months on farming black ice every day and doing nothing else (sorry, cannot spend 6+ hours in game daily, got real life) just to get new, better set to farm few weeks later... sorry, I'm out. Just like many others. You've already lost 50% of your Q3 income due to decreasing player base. Are you sure it's really the right way ?
    Ooooor is BiS is too hard to obtain and not worth the effort, you go for 2nd best option?
    Its not like couple hundred stat points will make you lose to anyone or any encounter-it just means some tears from min-maxer minority.
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Ooooor is BiS is too hard to obtain and not worth the effort, you go for 2nd best option?
    Its not like couple hundred stat points will make you lose to anyone or any encounter-it just means some tears from min-maxer minority.

If you could point out where I may obtain a normal belt/neck of black ice, sure. But sadly they removed those both from the store (Were 20k each) and now all I can find is the greater versions (At 250k each).
    edited April 2015
    What's more: Ice Wind Dale is now a lvl 73 zone. You won't survive long with standard 60 lvl gear, even having top-end 60 lvl gear AND 70 lvl gear from ToD store doesn't change much.

We hear that in order to farm anything in Ice Wind Dale you must have "maxed" lvl 70 gear. Fine - but warlocks actually need IWD to farm black ice to get lvl 70 gear....
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Ooooor is BiS is too hard to obtain you go for 2nd best option?
    Really? And why should we agree to the fact that the warlock class is being discriminated and people are not able to obtain BiS gear in reasonable amount of time like every other class so they must put it off and go for lesser gear ?

That completely doesn't make sense.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While we can agree the price is pretty whacked, do you really think you're going to need a completed artifact equipment set in order to quest in IWD once your other items have filled in appropriately? Wouldn't some other suitable temporary belt and neck combination suffice?

Do you think the same is true of people who are going to end up doing IWD at 70 who are not really pursuing BiS artifact equipment but would still kinda sorta like to work on their unfinished boons?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited April 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    It's not insane, just stupid.

... just imagine:

"Are you excited about the opportunity to buy Black Ice gathering tools in the Zen Market? Drop a note in this thread and let us know!"

All other art sets are available from lockboxes. Except this one: greater black ice set. So no, I have nothing against making it available in ZEN store if that was the intention behind this ridiculous idea of black ice insanity.
  • lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    laiuss wrote: »

My reply was specifically about your statement that you are being forced to invoke 6 times a day. I didn't mention the belt because I can see a balance issue there. Each belt has different stats. Making some very easy to obtain and one very difficult means that some people get what they want easily while others have to work very hard. Your argument should focus on the balance issue. Don't mention invoke or anything else. They're not comparables.
  • misjonarzzrosjimisjonarzzrosji Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    why greater black ice belt doesnt drop from chest in dungeons?? a lot of blue belts in ah but no greater black ice, bug?
  • donatianusdonatianus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I play a warlock, and I agree with your post bezik01.
    Greater BI set is the best one for warlocks, but almost impossible to make it.
    Is there a way to report this to DEVs?
  • name0rngname0rng Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2015
    Black ice artifact gear should have more low req .. The point of artifact gear is not getting it .. Is refine it and that's the policy this game have
    Right \wrong policy .. Different discussion .. The point here that the set should be available after medium farming and not strictly hardcore
    100 k black ice for both - 50 k and 50 k
    it's the golden number I would put
    I believe they will nerf the req ice number in future
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Reasons why nobody won't buy this black ice set.

-500 k Black ice for TWO parts of the set is too high.
    -Black ice have a better use for others things.
    -Time consuming to gather such an amount of BI with a high risk to be obsolete very quickly
    -Bonus set is one of the worst.
    -It's BOP (the only one)
  • donatianusdonatianus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    well, there are many ways to fix this:

- they can low req (ex. 50k each)
    - they can change req into "raw black ice", so you don't need to refine it
    - add alternative way to get it (linu favor, lockboxes, kessel skirmish chests, ...)
    - make it BOE (but I would be worried about price in this case)

please DEVs do something
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think they typed 0 behind the main number by mistake and it was supposed to be 25k on each part. These items arent even close to BIS and before you get them we'll have mod7 already with some new items to buy.