test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chem's Comprehensive MoF guide (PvE, Mod4)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi Chemboy613,

VERY VERY GREAT JOB.

I'm a player who his very busy in real life, I don't have the time to do all the test I want on my own.

It's why player like you, who share their experiences and in-depth knowledge of the class are always welcome.

I know that all those tests are very time-consuming, it's why I appreciate your work.

I don't write often on the library because English is not my native language, but I read it every day...

Thanks again...
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • Options
    lootjunkielootjunkie Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Great guide, I've been enjoying playing MoF for the last 2 months because of this compendium. Now that we see the various bits and pieces with 2 enchantment slots that can be made from the new jewel crafting profession, what is the best augment pet for us?
  • Options
    chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think that the new profession knocks the allure stone off the list. Beyond that i'm not sure yet. It probably has a lot to do with your personal stats and customization.

however, now, that icon slot is just not as good - let alone the bonus does work. Obviously the worst augment for CW.
  • Options
    azutherazuther Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Chem -

I've been running with this build as best I can since I started playing just after Xmas. Love it! I say "as best I can" because this is my first character, so my ability to spend AD is a little limited.

You talk about the Draconic Armor set, but you don't talk about the Draconic Templar set. I was gifted the Shadow Weaver set and I'm wondering about upgrading from there. It doesn't sound like you have any positive recommendations for the 2.5 sets. With the Lifesteal nerf in mod 6, I think the SW set is going to hamper us, unless they mod the set. In fact, since we rely greatly upon LS, what are your current thoughts about how to "fix" our LS problem in mod 6?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Don't worry too much about what armor set you're going to wear in Module 6 until we see exactly what the choices are.

As far as lifesteal goes, it's going to impact other class a lot more than CW's, so that's another thing I wouldn't worry about. As far as the LS changes go, we'll be ok.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    fullmetalwitnerfullmetalwitner Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    First off thank you very much for the write up, I really appreciate the work you did, to create such a long guide.

Secondly I have some questions. :3

First about Malevolent Surge the feat. Isn't that highly dependent on you getting the last tick to kill an enemy mob, I can see in high add situations it have a decent up time since or aoe is bound to pick up one or two. But for lower add fights can it be a little more luck based and have a lower up time if anyone else gets the last tick to kill the mobs. Or as a CW are we just bound to pick up add kills all the time, giving it very good uptime.

Secondly, for Fanning the Flame, in situations where we use it, is it important to overlap the FtF debuff time with adds dying, with smolder, around it. For the extra burst damage that comes with the FtF passive element, where smolder targets that die around it do damage to the FtF target. Or should you just use it off cooldown.

Thanks!
  • Options
    nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For FtF, use it of cooldown.
    The idea is to put it on the big boss then have all the add around with smolder ticking on them.

For malevolent, i don't remember but it's not a feat I use.
  • Options
    insomnium1234insomnium1234 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello MOF-Community!

Does anyone else noticed that something is wrong with generating critical smolder hits. Non of the spells i use generate smolder. So for me, the only way to apply smolder is with a critical hit thanks to critical confligration.

After many runs with ACT my critical rate for smolder and rimefire smolder is far away from 100%.
    Tests at the dummies showed that only critical icy terrain could generate critical smolder hits. All other spells generate non critical smolder if they crit.

Do i get something wrong or does it not work like it supposed to be.
  • Options
    nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello MOF-Community!

Does anyone else noticed that something is wrong with generating critical smolder hits. Non of the spells i use generate smolder. So for me, the only way to apply smolder is with a critical hit thanks to critical confligration.

After many runs with ACT my critical rate for smolder and rimefire smolder is far away from 100%.
    Tests at the dummies showed that only critical icy terrain could generate critical smolder hits. All other spells generate non critical smolder if they crit.

Do i get something wrong or does it not work like it supposed to be.
    Maybe you should be posting this in the bug forum.
    It have been found recently that when Smolder have been converted in Rimefire, it tend to lose it's Critical stat if the spell that apply the Chill stack isn't a crit.

In short, it mess up a lot in MoF damage.

End also, I found that Smolder/Rimefire damage don't change with stuff or level. In short, it will keep dealing 2k/4k damage at level 70. (if someone can confirm this).