test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What to expect tomorrow for mod 6 release?

b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm curious what to expect tomorrow (besides the obvious) but as this is my first 0Day module releaseI'm wondering how this will roll out (or how previous modules have)

Is it an instant (ha) switch or will there be an hr or 2 of no play while the servers are updated.. or will it be a complete random update.. Either way I'll be counting down the time as it happens.. can't wait!

If there will be an official thread created about this (I'm just impatient I guess) that would be even better.

thanks!
Post edited by b0rkch0p on

Comments

• Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Don't expect much.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hopefully the game won't have any game crashing bugs (like really, client crashing ones, not general unbalancing bugs)
    and the foundry will probably be down for a few days to a week :(
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    hopefully the game won't have any game crashing bugs (like really, client crashing ones, not general unbalancing bugs)
    and the foundry will probably be down for a few days to a week :(

I'm sure there will be some hiccup.. always is with things.. I've said it once.. you can't expect the unexpected. but hopefully being as it's not a weekend there won't be a ton of people on.. unless they're like me.. and taking a vaca day ;P
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is anywhere written meaning of these "things"? - without jokes, just serious statement.
    ..because i am curious..

This was taken loosely from a developers quote prior to Mod 6's release on the Test server.
  • Options
    kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    adapt and survive
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pro Tips to consider regarding new Mod update patches:

If you login today: logout at a campfire; be sure to invoke to collect your coins/AD/etc. *before* you logout today. If you are in a time zone that allows it: login quickly in the morning and invoke to preserve your coins. If you can't do that, log into Gateway and invoke to preserve your coins - before the servers go down for patching (and when they go down so does the Gateway).

Down time will be "expected" to be 2/3/4 hours, will likely go longer by an hour or two.

When the servers come back up there will be a major influx of players logging in: servers are not yet stabilized, they will be laggy, rush of players coming in to experience new stuff: server lag will multiply to horrendous levels. best to just wait until late afternoon/evening time to log into the game after such a major patch (Pacific Daylight Time).

After logging in: check all your gear and inventory to make sure nothing is amiss. It happens sometimes.

Expect an "emergency patch" later in the day, that evening, or in the morning after. If they can hot-patch it they will (causes some lag when that happens) otherwise servers will go offline again (best to invoke again the minute you get back into the game after patching is complete: another reason to logout from a campfire).

Bugs - they will be in force, so expect them and be patient.

It's going to be a bumpy week.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    now that's the kind of answer I was looking for ;) thank you.
  • Options
    drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Expect delays :)
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Assuming the game goes up and doesnt go down 5 mins later till next day, I'll just sit in my chair and watch the fireworks
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...on a slightly diverging branch of this topic:

How many re-patches / fix-patches are we gonna see this coming week?

My guess would be 4. :p
  • Options
    ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just exited the game and the loader fired up and is patching 3.6 Gig.

But yes, assume a chaotic server for the first day or so, probably a patch or two, maybe some downtime and almost certainly a bugged quest or two. Invoke when you can and turn chat off when the endless and repetitive complaining starts getting to you (anyone remember the fetch quest in when WoD launched?)
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My advice is to start early, Panic now! :cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ninatheaxe wrote: »
    turn chat off when the endless and repetitive complaining starts getting to you

is it wrong I can't wait to see this? Another reason I want to be part of the 0day.. is the crazy lol..
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Angrysprite gave some great advice about invoking.

Other preparations you can make now:

-- All characters will be getting a "full, forced" respec. (I'm still not entirely sure if this includes Paragon path, but I think so.) It's a good idea to screenshot your characters' feats, ability scores, boon choices now. EDIT: Use /screenshot_ui_jpg .

-- Because there are so many power/feat changes - many poorly documented - I wouldn't respec all your characters as soon as you log in tomorrow after the patch. Wait until the dust settles and there is some good information on the Class Forums about the new abilities. Obviously you will want to start leveling, so maybe just pick one character you feel confident about to respec, and wait on the rest.

-- All professions will now go to 25. Try to set up profession tasks that give a lot of profession experience that will finish after the servers come up.

-- Clean out your bags! We will be getting more RP and enchantment types dropping, which means more bag slots -- assuming you save RP for double-RP weekends. Clear out the junk in your bags to make room: campaign-reward cloaks, pinatas, Winter Fest sky beams...

-- Salvage any black ice gear you aren't actively wearing now. Today it salvages for 4k black ice, tomorrow it will salvage for AD.
  • Options
    lking73lking73 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All characters will be getting a "full, forced" respec.

where does this info come from? on preview the only respec was some of the feats back to the ones they added .
  • Options
    ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you make a Half-Elf Oathbound Paladin, you can expect to NOT get your racial trait "dilettante", you will NOT get +1 to a non-class ability score.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mod 6 will essentially be done in at least two releases. Phase 1 is planned for tomorrow and Phase 2 is planned for the 23rd. Phase 2 is suppose to include many bug fixes. I fully expect a rocky start, but im excited at the same time.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lking73 wrote: »
    All characters will be getting a "full, forced" respec.

where does this info come from? on preview the only respec was some of the feats back to the ones they added .

It's in the blog post about Regeneration and Lifesteal:
    We're also giving players a free full character respec with the release of Elemental Evil, so they will be able to reallocate their stats as they see fit when the module comes out.
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    did they just nerf the blue lv 61 gear you buy with dragon claws its now showing 3k hp i thought it was 15k
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If you still happen to have a free respec on one of your characters. Remember that they do not stack, you can only have one freebie at any given time.
    A good suggestion would be to burn up any old ones you might still have just before you log out for the patch, but don't spend any points. That way you still get the respec without using up the new one.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    did they just nerf the blue lv 61 gear you buy with dragon claws its now showing 3k hp i thought it was 15k

Not sure, but I think the HP scales with your level. ??
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Not sure, but I think the HP scales with your level. ??

dont thionk it scales yesterday i had 40k hp lv 69 with 2 pieces of it now i got 25k everything else is the same

never mind i fiogured it out i was in a lower lv area and it nerfed me down
  • Options
    ndiovndiov Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    If you still happen to have a free respec on one of your characters. Remember that they do not stack, you can only have one freebie at any given time.
    A good suggestion would be to burn up any old ones you might still have just before you log out for the patch, but don't spend any points. That way you still get the respec without using up the new one.

Good tip, thanks. Think I have a TR with one of those from a few mods ago.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you can't do that, log into Gateway and invoke to preserve your coins - before the servers go down for patching (and when they go down so does the Gateway).

As far as I know, unless they've changed something in the past day or two, you can't invoke via the Gateway. Professions, read mail, AH, etc. - yes. Invoke - No.

I wish . . .
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    cormerilcormeril Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you can't invoke exactly, but you can extend your timer by about 3 hrs with one of the missions
  • Options
    slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    In-case it hasn't been mentioned, do not do the shandar weekly until mod 6 is live. Come mod 6 it will drop around RP stones, right now it does not.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    cormeril wrote: »
    you can't invoke exactly, but you can extend your timer by about 3 hrs with one of the missions

It extends it 20 hours, It pretty much gives you another day. Not sure how useful its going to be for mod 6 however. It changes invocation significantly and it will no longer be possible to lose coins.

So its anyones guess what effect, if any, extending the timer will accomplish.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    It extends it 20 hours, It pretty much gives you another day. Not sure how useful its going to be for mod 6 however. It changes invocation significantly and it will no longer be possible to lose coins.

So its anyones guess what effect, if any, extending the timer will accomplish.

I was wondering this too.. but isn't that what the sword coast adventure is for? it takes 5mins to do usually (sometimes more) but ends with a coin..

The Temple of Reflection
    Invocation (Rank 1-30)
    Stamina Cost: 0

Visit this temple to extend the life of your collection of Celestial Coins.

Upon completion of this adventure, the timer on your Celestial Coins will be extended, slowing their disappearance. They will still vanish if you do not invoke within Neverwinter or repeat the Temple of Reflection again within 30 hours.

You must invoke within Neverwinter to receive rewards.

You have 9h 16m until your current invoke expires!
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    b0rkch0p wrote: »
    I was wondering this too.. but isn't that what the sword coast adventure is for? it takes 5mins to do usually (sometimes more) but ends with a coin..

The Temple of Reflection
    Invocation (Rank 1-30)
    Stamina Cost: 0

Visit this temple to extend the life of your collection of Celestial Coins.

Upon completion of this adventure, the timer on your Celestial Coins will be extended, slowing their disappearance. They will still vanish if you do not invoke within Neverwinter or repeat the Temple of Reflection again within 30 hours.

You must invoke within Neverwinter to receive rewards.

You have 9h 16m until your current invoke expires!

**** - I forgot all about that cause I never do it. I'm logging in every day anyway.
    I aim to misbehave
This discussion has been closed.