test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hero of the North pack..Does it transfer over to Xbox One????

Comments

• Options
    majesticpanda89majesticpanda89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    On top of that, all the items on the xbox are ~1.5 times the cost of the PC items. There's no way I'm going to dump money into this game at this point. It's all just too expensive.
  • Options
    theivinghoodtheivinghood Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are there any packs available on xbox, if so how do you buy them. Sorry cant start new thread as I'm a newbie on forum.
  • Options
    anholetianholeti Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Could you tell me if they are own game servers, or Microsoft servers ?!
  • Options
    phamonphamon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happy for the lack of character transfers so that the economy isn't trashed right out of the gate, but would also like to see paid content available on both. Our accounts ARE linked after all.
  • Options
    kurauddokurauddo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    The founder pack is not even available on xbox one as far as i know, not sure why people would expect it to transfer over.

They are, the "account-wide" unlocks we paid for are in the Zen Item shop pack labelled "Champion of the North Pack"
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    kurauddo wrote: »
    They are, the "account-wide" unlocks we paid for are in the Zen Item shop pack labelled "Champion of the North Pack"

So then what's the point of linking the console accounts with the account on Arc if it's not for the purchase information? I personally got my purchase on the website not on the game itself on the pc and it's an account unlock which they totally can do for us founders it shouldn't be that difficult.
  • Options
    bdtrybdtry Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So then what's the point of linking the console accounts with the account on Arc if it's not for the purchase information? I personally got my purchase on the website not on the game itself on the pc and it's an account unlock which they totally can do for us founders it shouldn't be that difficult.

It registers the game in your Arc account so that you can get customer/tech support from the website and post on the forum I guess.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    bdtry wrote: »
    It registers the game in your Arc account so that you can get customer/tech support from the website and post on the forum I guess.

There's no UI on the game itself to take you to the support interface to report problems it literally tells you to go to the website anyway which is something those of us who have played the pc version already have setup and we have to go on our pcs anyway.

So really, what is the point of registering and linking the accounts if Arc isn't yet available, game purchase data outside of the game launch isn't available (for founder's packs) doesn't make any difference does it? smh
  • Options
    attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    saerth wrote: »
    It probably will because idiots like you asstorn will continually let game
    company's get away with sleazy cash grabs instead of keeping their customer base
    happy and enjoying using their products.

I'm happy that its chances of surviving are good despite you (everyone?) hating it. Please continue to hate the game, but visit the forums every day to complain about how terrible it is.

Also please let us know about your interest in other games, and how much money you've dropped into this game, and how many hours you continue to play this one. Daily updates and complaints would be best. Whatever you do, don't leave us hanging. We NEED to know how you feel.
  • Options
    krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I cant believe people are this upset over purchasing something prior to there being any indication this game would be on another platform. Plus the servers arent even connected!
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    I cant believe people are this upset over purchasing something prior to there being any indication this game would be on another platform. Plus the servers arent even connected!

Well for me it's devaluing the founder pack entirely and no it wasn't officially launched but there were early interviews in which there was every indication that it was coming to consoles.

Don't devalue the people who helped you get your game launched that doesn't improve customer loyalty and neither does it improve your image in a new community because console players are going to ask about whether or not you're happy with the company and the answer I'm going to have to give is no, because of this problem.

I wanted to be on my drow riding around my spider on every character I'd ever create, it's really not that difficult to do because other games specifically RPGs have honored their founder players by making their original purchases prior to the game launching available on all platforms. It's simply bad business not to.

And I'm not worried about the AD but at the very least I should have title mount bag.
  • Options
    abominabomin Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I feel I am unappreciated as a long time player played beta, played game after beta, bought all the packs even the founder pack, and find nothing at all will transfer over its like the founder stuff means nothing much when I can't really play neverwinter on the pc as well as I can on the xboxone being able play with wireless controller.

Feeling less inclined in spending money in Neverwinter, STO, or any other games for zen items because I feeling what I buy just gets obsolete in the near future.
  • Options
    evo1oveevo1ove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I will add to this discussion as I too purchased Hero of the North and see no reason why purchases (inventory or Bank slots) and rewards should not transfer. That should have been part of the arrangement made with Microsoft since you tied your name to the service. People with the prior purchases will help sell more as people see the Spider mount, pets etc and think oh I want that! The people that already bought it will be more likely to just stay on PC and reduce the numbers of people in the world.

I do not expect cross play although Final Fantasy XIV showed that can be done. I understand we got what we paid for when we bought it (PC items) before mention of it coming out on Xbox One. I have to say it will not go over well as it will seem disrespectful to the customer base especially those that like myself invested $200 for Hero of the North well above the investment I would make on most MMOs even buying CE editions are usually cheaper and I have a desk covered in characters long after I stop playing. I had hoped to start playing this again as I drifted from the PC version, but without those rewards looks like basic characters without perks for my kids to play with...

EvolovE
  • Options
    jhixiausjhixiaus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just can't, for the love of me understand why people are so upset about this. I played the PC version also, I spent money on it, but their are PLENTY of games that have PC and console versions where they don't transfer. They are two completely different mediums. If you by an app on Iphone, and then you get an Android phone, you have to buy the app all over so why is it now suddenly such a big deal?
  • Options
    evo1oveevo1ove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That was an issue when it was harder to do or near impossible. Your comparison is a bit of apples and oranges with IOS and Android... Look at Final Fantasy Online, you can play on PS4 log off and log on PC and pick up where you left off. ESO will offer account transfers (for a fee...) most likely clone your account once over but at least it transfers stuff like my CE rewards. It can be done, it just depends on how much of a cash grab the company is hoping for and the level of respect for those that made investments in their game. It is more disappointing than infuriating... Just an issue of the caliber of the developer.
  • Options
    anshraanshra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I find it appalling that Hero of the North / Other large purchase packs cannot be used on the Xbox one if purchased already for the PC.
    We are not talking about a £5 app here, we are talking about a good £200 worth of stuff. The PC guys cash has paid for development of Neverwinter, including any cash used to port it over. Thanks Devs.

Absolutely Appalling. The tier 6 Galaxy in STO will be the last £ PW ever get from me.
    - Into the jaws of hell.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    How can people not understand the devaluing of something you pay for? It's like buying a car for the state you're in and then discovering that the car you bought cannot be driven in the next state you live in because they are telling you it's incompatible with the roads in the next state when frankly there's nothing wrong with the roads or the tires on the car you just bought but they keep giving you excuses preventing you from using the car and redirecting you to some other government agency if you try to get any straight answers about any of it.

That's essentially what's happening here That's why people are upset.
  • Options
    abominabomin Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How can people not understand the devaluing of something you pay for? It's like buying a car for the state you're in and then discovering that the car you bought cannot be driven in the next state you live in because they are telling you it's incompatible with the roads in the next state when frankly there's nothing wrong with the roads or the tires on the car you just bought but they keep giving you excuses preventing you from using the car and redirecting you to some other government agency if you try to get any straight answers about any of it.

A very good way of describing it.
  • Options
    jhixiausjhixiaus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I don't agree with this and contrary to the poster a few posts above me, the IOS Android comparison is the valid. The amount you paid is irrelevant. Should people who own PS4's and Xbox One's get a copy a game they buy for every single system that they own? That's how software works, it's for the medium specific to what is explained in the license and nothing more.

Just like you are now paying for different mediums, they are now supporting / developing on different mediums. I see what they are doing as no different from 95% of other software purchases out there.
  • Options
    darksilent15darksilent15 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    also you will notice the price on the Hero of the North is 6k zen which is around 75 bucks worth while PC is still 200 bucks. if they want accounts linked then the goods and chars should be linked too. This is something they need to do. There are plenty of games that do cross platform hell even World of Tanks will be crossed so NW should be too. Get on it INperfectworld!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    also you will notice the price on the Hero of the North is 6k zen which is around 75 bucks worth while PC is still 200 bucks. if they want accounts linked then the goods and chars should be linked too. This is something they need to do. There are plenty of games that do cross platform hell even World of Tanks will be crossed so NW should be too. Get on it INperfectworld!

Exactly. It's just good business to keep your founding customers satisfied because word of mouth can make or break a game it's been proven.

We need an announcement or an answer from the devs on this one. Like I said before I'm not even worried about any currency but I should be riding around on my spider mount and getting 1 free bag.

I planned on buying the heirloom pack, the hunter ranger booster and the warlock booster on the console so it's not like I'm someone who's just trying to get things for free and not spending any money on the game on the console version here.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    anshra wrote: »
    I find it appalling that Hero of the North / Other large purchase packs cannot be used on the Xbox one if purchased already for the PC.
    We are not talking about a £5 app here, we are talking about a good £200 worth of stuff. The PC guys cash has paid for development of Neverwinter, including any cash used to port it over. Thanks Devs.

Absolutely Appalling. The tier 6 Galaxy in STO will be the last £ PW ever get from me.

A google search shows not many games do cross platform purchases across accounts and platforms. If you bought a COD season pass on Xbox 360 and then buy a PS4, they don't honor that previous purchase. TESO is doing it because that game is very lackluster in comparison to its competitors and its a marketing ploy. Here is a better example, there is no cross platform carry overs for DCUO. PS3 to PS4 due to the same server, but no PC to PS4.
  • Options
    latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    The two should remain separate. As a very long time MMORPG gamer, the last thing I would want to see is an established MMORPG get dropped on a new platform & allow established players to transfer from one platform to the other for free. Right out of the gate, they will ruin the economy because lets face it, that is how a majority of MMORPG end game players are no matter how much they'll deny it. I was actually surprised that TESO is doing it considering that it does have a larger user base than many other MMO's on the market. Somewhere in the range of 700,000 subs prior to the devs turning on the F2P switch. I know because I still play the game on the PC.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    A google search shows not many games do cross platform purchases across accounts and platforms. If you bought a COD season pass on Xbox 360 and then buy a PS4, they don't honor that previous purchase. TESO is doing it because that game is very lackluster in comparison to its competitors and its a marketing ploy. Here is a better example, there is no cross platform carry overs for DCUO. PS3 to PS4 due to the same server, but no PC to PS4.

I'm not sure what Google you're using but the one I'm using when I asked the appropriate question came up with this.

Smite honors your purchases made on the PC to the console.

ESO will have full PC to Console transfer to keep progress. (another MMO to come out this year on Xbox One)

Defiance allows ARK hunter rewards cross platform (which is a similar framework to what's used for accountwide systems in many game titles out there)

Evolve PC rewards are accountwide and translate to the console version.

So really who's being dishonest here huh? It's not that difficult apparently to allow for accountwide purchases to be available on multiple platforms.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not sure what Google you're using but the one I'm using when I asked the appropriate question came up with this.

Smite honors your purchases made on the PC to the console.

ESO will have full PC to Console transfer to keep progress. (another MMO to come out this year on Xbox One)

Defiance allows ARK hunter rewards cross platform (which is a similar framework to what's used for accountwide systems in many game titles out there)

Evolve PC rewards are accountwide and translate to the console version.

So really who's being dishonest here huh? It's not that difficult apparently to allow for accountwide purchases to be available on multiple platforms.

Defiance ark hunter rewards are not the same, as someone who has played Defiance since launch. ESO was mentioned, smite is planning on it, however you are misleading about Evolve, if you bought Evolve on PC you still need to buy it on Xbox one which is the same for Defiance before it went f2p. However, if you participated in the Evolve open beta, you get the behemoth dlc for free if you pre-paid the game during this time.

Again, most games does not offer character transfer across platforms. I imagine everyone who bought the Founder's pack, played the game into the ground, why do you think its fair that you get the 200 for free on another platform? There is no devaluing since you already used the perks of the Founder's pack.
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    It's not confirmed but I am quite sure that such is all separate, as it doesn't go by Cryptic accounts but is using your Microsoft Account. I'll see if we can get clarification on the forums. Perhaps though, it will be brought up in the Livestream today, as it is a popular question.

Im not trying to be funny, but how can anyone at Cryptic/PWE justify not giving account unlocks on xbox for people that already paid money for PC content? Other games do it.

Hope you can provide a definitive answer about paid unlocks crossing over. Not characters/gear, just paid for game packs such as Hero of The North, Feywild packs, Dragonborn packs etc.

If it helps clarify people's position, i can tell you that i personally wont pay for these things again. I just simply won't ever play Neverwinter on my xbox, and seeing as i stopped playing it on my PC due to bugs that were never resolved, i won't be paying anymore at all.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Exactly. It's just good business to keep your founding customers satisfied because word of mouth can make or break a game it's been proven.

But I should be riding around on my spider mount and getting 1 free bag.

I understand everyone's thoughts but what I dont understand is that the company is not punishing its "founding base". You STILL have access to what you purchased on the PC. You can STILL ride around on your mount and use your bag. The entitlement of these "founders" amazes me though. If you do not like how the console works then continue playing on the PC. Nothing and No one is stopping any of you. At the end of the day this is a business and a business does need to make money to stay in business. Wanting everything for free is none sense and really shows peoples character. I am not pointing at anyone person and only used the above quotes as an example of the "general feel" coming across in the forums. As I said I understand the thoughts but we all already know at this point its not going to transfer so why continue to complain? Lets just enjoy the game on the console for what it is OR go back to playing on the PC.

Thank you for reading
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    draven165 wrote: »
    I understand everyone's thoughts but what I dont understand is that the company is not punishing its "founding base". You STILL have access to what you purchased on the PC. You can STILL ride around on your mount and use your bag. The entitlement of these "founders" amazes me though. If you do not like how the console works then continue playing on the PC. Nothing and No one is stopping any of you. At the end of the day this is a business and a business does need to make money to stay in business. Wanting everything for free is none sense and really shows peoples character. I am not pointing at anyone person and only used the above quotes as an example of the "general feel" coming across in the forums. As I said I understand the thoughts but we all already know at this point its not going to transfer so why continue to complain? Lets just enjoy the game on the console for what it is OR go back to playing on the PC.

Thank you for reading

Let me stop you right there at the misuse of the "entitlement" term. If we were talking about politics for example, taxes that you are owed by the IRS aren't entitlements they are contributions you've made to the system. Retirement isn't an entitlement because you've paid into it with your own money. Insurance isn't an entitlement because you paid into it with your own money. Let's switch to purchases in commerce, getting game time for subscriptions isn't an entitlement because you paid into it with your money. Items you buy from the Auction House using real money aren't entitlements (in games in which that is permitted). It's commerce you get what you paid for because you paid for it.

The founder's pack even though they added a nerfed edition of it to the console version doesn't qualify as a basic pack because it was sold before the game was launched on the website to be an account wide purchase.

You link your account to the console account in order to play the game normally receive rewards and have your data saved for support purposes. There's absolutely 0 reason for them to make good on the founder purchases because it's ACCOUNT WIDE which btw technically includes the account on the console once you link them. So when you eliminate all of the logical fallacy arguments against making this available for the foundry players as a make good you're left with the truth, that's it's not impossible, that it's not a simple class or race pack so that argument about the business needing money doesn't hold water for this type of purchase, and it's wrong of them not to do this for the players that actually bring in more money by word of mouth.

So I suppose you'll be telling people next that they are acting entitled when they actually expect their burger when they go to that burger place and paid their money. smh.
  • Options
    philparry80philparry80 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    U%2Bmad%2Bbro.jpg
This discussion has been closed.