test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you new Xbox players think about the PVP?

joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvP Discussion
Curious to see your point of view.

Reply ITT.
Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
Post edited by joocycuzzzzzz on

Comments

• zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited March 2015
    I have played tons of various MMO's since Everquest 2, 99% of which are PC. I am not just a console/Xbox player when it comes to gaming, but I plan to main Neverwinter on Xbox simply because I favor gamepad controls over keyboard/mouse any day, as long as it works well.

That being said, I have always hated PvP, and despise games that force it on the player. Aion is a perfect example of a PVE game that forces players into PvP with no way out. PvP only titles like League of Legends, Smite, and other "MOBA" games are among the worst games I've ever tried in my opinion.
  • lost2uagainlost2uagain Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've been growing bored with FPS for my multiplayer an with neverwinter, it's giving me something else too look forward too that doesn't involve firearms in pvp. I never got into anything outside of PvE when playing on PC; maybe it would have been different if i played something other then Everquest (1).
  • giantsirslayergiantsirslayer Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I will give it go. In the beta i did a few dailys , it was fun. Pve is where ill be mostly playing.
  • spuratisspuratis Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    From what I played, a very small mount of Dominion, I enjoyed it. I was playing a Rogue. I didn't LOVE it, but I had a lot of fun. My only concern is the end-game PVP. Are we going to only have Dominion? Will there be open-world PVP in the X1 version? I know that the PC version got an expansion that opened Icewind Dale or something for open-world PVP, just not sure exactly what the X1 will be getting.

I'm a huge fan of MMO PVP, I played Dark Age of Camelot back in the day and have a problem with holding games to that standard which is extremely high. Only game that really came close so far for me was Warhammer Online. So far I've gone into Neverwinter with extremely low expectations on purpose and I'm actually really happy with the game, at least what I've played. Didn't make it passed level 12 though.
  • myrkul76myrkul76 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I played some domination last night.

I have played Everquest, Everquest 2, Dark Age of Camelot, WoW, City of Heroes, Age of Conan etc etc etc...

It seemed to me that it takes a REALLY long time to kill someone, even with multiple people targeting the same person. It was fun, I just don't know if it has a long lasting appeal to me. The way the battle seemed to flow each team captured their spawn point and there was an all out brawl for 15 min at the center capture point.
  • finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Played 2 pvp matches so far, first one the team i was on stomped all over the other team, second one the other team stomped all over my team. The second match was a lvl 20-29 tier match and had at least one person that was under 20 in it (he was level 13) and the rest of us at the lower end of the tier again what i assume were all people on the upper end of the tier which resulted in us getting obliterated. There needs to be some sort of team balancing in pvp, if there is balancing it is pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for lower level matches.
  • antikzzantikzz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PvP is all I plan on doing. Just hit 60, hurry up so I can make people scream about how OP TRs are.
  • xxhollywoodxxhollywood Member Posts: 44
    edited April 2015
    Zero interest in PvP.
    I'm in this to play co-operatively with others, so I'll be sticking to the PvE aspect of it.
  • bronaldinhobronaldinho Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It'd be a lot better if the people joining it actually new what they were doing. Watching everyone rush home node at the start is disheartening, watching one player try to be Rambo and getting murdered by the other team then blaming me for it (apparently I'm supposed to perform miracles on my cleric) does not impress me and watching people fight off-point and chase kills makes my head hurt.
  • lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I've brought a group of friends into the console world with this launch. If we get into PVP as a whole, then maybe I'll dip again. Or I might settle for some guantlegrym and that new mode. PvP in this game was fun, but it isn't the best I've seen. We'll see what's changed in a year when I get there.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lobo0084 wrote: »
    I've brought a group of friends into the console world with this launch. If we get into PVP as a whole, then maybe I'll dip again. Or I might settle for some guantlegrym and that new mode. PvP in this game was fun, but it isn't the best I've seen. We'll see what's changed in a year when I get there.

pvp here is gear based and with a suboptimal matchmaking..
    if there were rooms it would be better
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Curious to see your point of view.

Reply ITT.

Sticking with the OP topic. PvP was interesting. I am not a huge PvP player to begin with but with the daily quest option I figured why not.

Likes: In the matches I played all team members where leveled to the same level? I got a pop up saying my level increased for that match or something along those lines.

The matches are easy to jump right into without "much" of a learning curve.

Matches tend to be quick and I love the post match breakdowns

Dislikes:
    I play a Healer Cleric. As if that isnt "enough said" PvP is definitely different from that aspect than anything I have dabbled in before. The 2 matches I played my team won as I healed by rear off for the team BUT there was not a lack of disgruntled players (on my teams) about the fact I wasnt really killing much even though often I practically brought several members back from near death. Post game had my assists up in the 70's but actual kills were only 5

Crowd Control seems a bit off or maybe I just dont know enough about other classes. Stun locks tend to be common as well as being suspended in air back to back to back without a break.

Maybe due to PUG mentality but there does not tend to be much "teamwork" going on in PvP. Again more than likely due to PUG's but still there does need to be a little bit of common sense when playing a competitive mode in any game. Maybe I just have too high hopes being an older player.

Anyways that is my opinion/point of view. Its fun but I feel its more of a novelty to break the monotony than a preferred game mode.

Thanks for reading
  • haiz86haiz86 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I find the PvP very fun, job well done. My only concern is as a healer I love keeping my team alive but since I'm low on kills/assists my performance is frequently low and I don't get very good rewards. I'd love to see performance based on healing given and maybe even damage taken for those guardians out there that enjoy being a meatshield. My other suggestion is I would LOVE capture the flag.
    edited April 2015
    haiz86 wrote: »
    I find the PvP very fun, job well done. My only concern is as a healer I love keeping my team alive but since I'm low on kills/assists my performance is frequently low and I don't get very good rewards. I'd love to see performance based on healing given and maybe even damage taken for those guardians out there that enjoy being a meatshield. My other suggestion is I would LOVE capture the flag.

there are no very good reward.
    the only reward worth something is glory which is the same for the winning team.
    personal score is totally pointless.
    this is why you should never go cap a node where there is already a teammate without enemies.
    as cleric you should stay at 2 keeping your team alive, usually 3 people you included and randomly when needed go to heal someone at 1 or 3
    edited April 2015
    draven165 wrote: »
    Sticking with the OP topic. PvP was interesting. I am not a huge PvP player to begin with but with the daily quest option I figured why not.

Likes: In the matches I played all team members where leveled to the same level? I got a pop up saying my level increased for that match or something along those lines.

The matches are easy to jump right into without "much" of a learning curve.

Matches tend to be quick and I love the post match breakdowns

Dislikes:
    I play a Healer Cleric. As if that isnt "enough said" PvP is definitely different from that aspect than anything I have dabbled in before. The 2 matches I played my team won as I healed by rear off for the team BUT there was not a lack of disgruntled players (on my teams) about the fact I wasnt really killing much even though often I practically brought several members back from near death. Post game had my assists up in the 70's but actual kills were only 5

Crowd Control seems a bit off or maybe I just dont know enough about other classes. Stun locks tend to be common as well as being suspended in air back to back to back without a break.

Maybe due to PUG mentality but there does not tend to be much "teamwork" going on in PvP. Again more than likely due to PUG's but still there does need to be a little bit of common sense when playing a competitive mode in any game. Maybe I just have too high hopes being an older player.

Anyways that is my opinion/point of view. Its fun but I feel its more of a novelty to break the monotony than a preferred game mode.

Thanks for reading

well ofc the first experiences are strange but you still need to develop the knoledge about common pvp situations.
    what to do and when to do it basically.
    than if matchmaking is doing its job right, the experience is a blast.
  • txhorns233txhorns233 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    antikzz wrote: »
    PvP is all I plan on doing. Just hit 60, hurry up so I can make people scream about how OP TRs are.

ayy..my kinda guy. lol
  • antikzzantikzz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've noticed the only thing that can kill me is another TR.. If the other team doesn't have a TR, then they are in trouble lmao
  • j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Know that im 60 and have done some pvp, TR's are stupid strong when they get the drop on you, same with HR or CW (TR just the strongest) GWF is meh, need more damage reduction when unstoppable, GF isnt bad atm, do decent damage and good live especially if they have a DC they are protecting, SW is trash atm. Need more game types than domination, like to see a ctf and maybe a 10v10 type of game, gives more versatility to the group comps.
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As somebody who played during the release on PC, it is as bland as before.

Very easy, too.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • xboneforeverxboneforever Member Posts: 36
    edited April 2015
    I had a blast at lower levels. My heirloom pack really put me ahead of the crowd with my warlock. Now in the 40's their is current;y a rogue **** going on in my face and I'm not sure if PvP will even be viable at high levels except to lose and get my daily diamonds. I find it fun, I just think my class has some week CC for a ranged class in PvP. Could be my particular bracket or lack of class experience I'll be the first to admit.
    edited April 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    there are no very good reward.
    the only reward worth something is glory which is the same for the winning team.
    personal score is totally pointless.

So even the top player with highest score on the team gets the same exact glory as the bottom guy on his team?
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    So even the top player with highest score on the team gets the same exact glory as the bottom guy on his team?

Personal score definitely matters.
    edited April 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    Ok good, had a 38-3-20 game and if i got the same as the bottom guy i was gonna be kinda annoyed.
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Ok good, had a 38-3-20 game and if i got the same as the bottom guy i was gonna be kinda annoyed.

Good job, representing the TR?
    edited April 2015
    Good job, representing the TR?

HR actually, been getting mad kills today, so much so i got me some invites to join opposite teams xD
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • sirfortysirforty Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2015
    In reply to OP, I'm freaking loving it. Think my cw named Demon is starting to get some recognition going into matches lmao. Steadily on top of the board by at least 2k score and there's maybe 1 or 2 games out of 20 that I'm not first in points and kills. Keep the death record low as well. Those one hitter and perma stealth rogues? Figure out how to bait them to come out of stealth for that half a second which is enough to get my combo out for which they can't move...or when they pop that ITC too early and I just wipe the node with them and whoever they felt like needing to bring to try and get me off theirs. If the back cap happens twice in a game, I usually just annihilate whoever is attempting it, and then say well ok, my turn to go back cap and kill the lone straggler who likes to respawn after getting killed. Almost to the point where some of the enemy team has to wait til they got 3 players sitting by the fire before they make an attempt to come back down lmao.

But yeah, loving it. Getting my fix in before some of the pc pvp peoples who know what they're doing make their way over.

If your team wins and you finish out high score, you'll be pulling in around 900 glory a match.
    Demon "Head Hunter" Spellstorm Control Wizard
    Skorn Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Midget Healz Anointed Champion Cleric

Xbox One
    GT : SirForty
  • zdragonlordzdragonlord Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2015
    PvP is entirely unbalanced and needs dire attention focused on the mechanics... Granted I hate PvP in almost any game, but at least I give it a shot. For the 2x AD event I just have to suck it up and deal with it, but here's how I mean:

3 games straight, again, 3 games straight. Full opposing team of TRs, not related in a guild or anything. Basically they capped all 3 zones within four minutes and camped our spawn zone. The second anyone jumped down, instant disable, ganked and killed in seconds. he top person in my team got a whopping 15 glory. This is why I stay away from PvP, it's bias to what class can get anything done and horribly unbalanced.
  • googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's the worst part of my day having to go into one of the two maps and get butchered for 10 minutes for my daily quest ADs. It's never a close match and so bad it's funny. :p
  • divine82pvpdivine82pvp Member Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    sirforty wrote: »
    In reply to OP, I'm freaking loving it. Think my cw named Demon is starting to get some recognition going into matches lmao. Steadily on top of the board by at least 2k score and there's maybe 1 or 2 games out of 20 that I'm not first in points and kills. Keep the death record low as well. Those one hitter and perma stealth rogues? Figure out how to bait them to come out of stealth for that half a second which is enough to get my combo out for which they can't move...or when they pop that ITC too early and I just wipe the node with them and whoever they felt like needing to bring to try and get me off theirs. If the back cap happens twice in a game, I usually just annihilate whoever is attempting it, and then say well ok, my turn to go back cap and kill the lone straggler who likes to respawn after getting killed. Almost to the point where some of the enemy team has to wait til they got 3 players sitting by the fire before they make an attempt to come back down lmao.

But yeah, loving it. Getting my fix in before some of the pc pvp peoples who know what they're doing make their way over.

If your team wins and you finish out high score, you'll be pulling in around 900 glory a match.

PM if you are interested in joining a pvp guild. Also what spec are you?
    Tenacity PvP Guild
    Divine 60 Spellstorm Control Wizard
    twitch.tv/Divine1982
  • nfldpatriotnfldpatriot Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am enjoying it very much and plan on collecting Glory for the lvl 60 pvp gear. It does take some build adjustment from my pve HR to be prepared to face the TR and CW- mostly keeping range, stamina regen for shifting and strong roots.