What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feedback (To Players): "Losing" RP With New Artifact Gear

Comments

• Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I know the numbers, its not what bothers me... What bothers me is what is unlocked AT rank 35 (that why i mentioned about this) u see i hava my specific build, i need that 1 Dex more, i need this 1% AP evry 3s more, and i need this CA coming from offhand, that why i said "for me". I never said its about stats, didnt i? Quit being so full of yourself, and start read what ppl r acctualy saing. Also, me, claming i only want and have r35 artis, its not even close to being/wanting to be BiS.

We all have OUR specific builds, things proc the way we want... if you're any good at a game you have this.
    Quoting myself here from an earlier post in this thread

"Now, RP aside... it is bull**** that we will have to buy more of those 12.5k cubes.... and god knows how many its going take to get the same bonuses we had before. I think that if you stick your dragon OH into the elemental OH that it should at least transfer the one you are currently using. "

so yes, please read what people are saying.
    Not mentioning, that new curves r killing what u saing about getting more.

As far as curves, see my post above this one please...
    And u know what will i do? I will go on GF and just rage trough any given dungen. I can do it, but that does not mean i need to accept that they made arti gear obolete after 1 mod (cloaks, offhand), while they promiesed, it will last for quite big amount of time.

Where did they say that it wasnt going to be obsolete? not rhetorical... i really want to see the post, please link.
    While I agree with you that it shouldn't have been made obsolete so fast, it was, and you pretty much have to accept it unfortunately. We all do.
    If they wouldnt say that, i would still run in Dread legion weaps set, and i would doing as good as im doing now in my r35. I would keep my **** rp. even if its only around 6mln. I dont want to farm 60% of this again.

You can still use any weapon set, armor set, ring set, and any other set there is, nobody is stopping you my friend. Nor are they FORCING you to upgrade.
    And i prefer do dung in 30 min, and i will, while u will sit ther for 4h and eventualy give up "coz u dont need to be BiS" (geez u guys r overusing "BiS").

I'm sorry, do you know me? How do you know I will sit there for 4h and give up? And what does this have to do with anything, really?

And yes, new artis made previous one obsolete, u proved this by yourself, just by giving stats. Its not like buying iphone 3 while iphone 6 is on, its buying iphone 3 month before iphone 6 for the price of iphone 6 (sorry for iphone example, could not find nothing easyer, maybe beside buying psx month before px4 caoming out, for the price of ps4, what? u can still play games!). Thats the **** diffrence (both r usable, both have almost the same functions, but u just got, literaly, fooled).

Very bad analogy... sorry, thats all I'm gonna say here.
    Geez. Kids those days.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

:P~
    I'm probably older than you.
  • Options
    matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    indyjim wrote: »
    Exactly. If you get robbed you should really be thankful since the thief could have killed you.

Put this as a title for this thread plz and close it.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ohh heck, pingpong...

Why not, lew will close this anyway.

We all answer from our own point of view, that undebatable.
    As far as curves, see my post above this one please...

No need to saying this like i have ignored u, u have wrote "post above this one" after i wrote my last. Now, yes game supposed to be more challenging, i accept new curves, what else can i do, it they best way to solve this game about not being challenging (beside nice, nice dmg) I agree here, problem is stat incrase on new artis compared to old ones is 20% or so, while stat effectivnes is around 50% if not less. So ehym. But yeah, point taken.

I want to find that **** post for like last 2 months too, i dont even remember if it was reddit stuff or somthing else, so will drop this point, since i cant get my hand on proof.

And yes, i can use what i want, and thats bigges stupidness what ppl r saying. We dont have somthing like that. Use what u want, its silly dream. Use what u want, if it works. If it makes u competetive. Nobody want to drag along 20k tr who cant even do half of dmg of my 21k gwf. I saw tr's like that. Excutioners. Thats pathetic, those ppl r pathetic, what if i will get 4 of them? Coz they r using what they want? Well i will just drop them, and go with firends i can trust they know what they r doing. I had already parties when all 20k+ were dying like flyes, while my poor hr was last one standing. Our "use what u want" is restricted. its liek with free will, do as u please, till u dont harm others. Period. Use what u want, till u r usefull, for others, and YOURSELF. Nobody have fun in game, if is one, big, lazy, clueless player. And he stays liek that for months, if any. usualy he deletes account and cry how game is HARD. BTW, u know how hard for me is to grab a party on my 17k hr wihout help from good folks from legit, despire fakt i can outlive evry1 in party including gf? That what i have to say about "free choice", utopy stuff like this dont exist. We r restricted.

I'm sorry, do you know me? How do you know I will sit there for 4h and give up? And what does this have to do with anything, really?

Thats funny from some1 saying we dont need to be BiS, coz either u will invest in ur eq, pick up ONE from maybe TWO good builds (that all in terms, of free to pick ur tools) or spend this endless time in dung trying to figure out why cant u end it. Period. Have u been testing those dungs? As far as its now, ITS chellenging, but not chellenging in way u want it to be, in first place it challenge u to have rly good gear and good build (which as i have said, each class have maybe 2, free choice my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>), when u overcome this, skills.
    That how i know u.

So yes, they r forcing me to upgrade, coz how it is now, u cant progress without upgrade. Rly...

About bad analogy, well, big words from some1 who cant explain why it is bad. Just saing somthing is bad leads to nothing.

Still, pingpong, we both behave like kids here.

Cheers.

Edit: Typos. So. Many. Typos. My old me, would cry. xD

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    my main problem with new gear is the slow rate of rp drops if they want us to switch gear every 3 months then they must give us a light at the end of the tunnle to work towards i have no problem with rp stones and enchants being bop or boa but they must remove or reduce the icd of the hoard and fey stones
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    lupisu wrote: »
    This would be a very harsh change for new players trying to gear up. One of the benefits from new gear is leveling the playing field between veterans and newcomers somewhat. The gap right now is very divisive and creates frustration all around. I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but this somewhat reads as "There should not be any new gear ever", which I'm thinking is not what you mean, and is either way not feasible. When a new mod comes out the people who have everything want something new.

As you can now get rp from actual content all that's really needed is to fix the interface that creates this burning hatred towards the whole process.
    the new gear will not change the diffearnce from high end account to new accounts beacuse they will be able to invest full legendary gear into new gear while the newer players will be no where near there lv
    most bis toons have artifact gear near or at top lv while new players are blues and purples bis toons will still be alot farther ahaed of regular toons
  • Options
    lupisulupisu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    the new gear will not change the diffearnce from high end account to new accounts beacuse they will be able to invest full legendary gear into new gear while the newer players will be no where near there lv
    most bis toons have artifact gear near or at top lv while new players are blues and purples bis toons will still be alot farther ahaed of regular toons

Erm, I thought the whole complaint was about losing 60% of refinement spent? The players that have invested rp into old equipment do get a head start, but it's that same 60% less than it would be with the other model.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    it is but i was trying to show that the idea of this helping to level the playing field between bis and new was wrong and that the bis will still be bis
    i feel there needs to be a 100% return on investment or just make the artifact scalable so we dont lose everything we invested into it
    i was verry lucky and got a 396 ap gain on my off hand with only 100k spent to get it i do not want to go thrugh that again
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Ohh heck, pingpong...
    Why not, lew will close this anyway.
    We all answer from our own point of view, that undebatable.

I do enjoy ping pong, and had a very lengthy response to everything you said here, but in the interest of not taking this thread further off track than we have, I am not going to post it here. If you would like to see my response to you, send me a message and i will respond with it.

To the OP, my apologies for our conversation pulling away from the topic.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is this also a bad metaphor, what i am missing?

The part where Cryptic said that Legendary items were going to be BiS for the next year.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    If you think that in half a year it's ok for it to cost more than how much your character can actually hold to get BiS for a single character, then fine. You support that while I'll support devs that value a players experience over milking players with putting low quality cheap tricks. I also personally don't think one should be capable of spending over a grand every 2 modules to maintain BiS. Sure you can get it for free (yet not realistically as things currently stand), but unless you bot, then you could do something else that has a similar fun level such as work and get paid more than a grand since generally $/time favours those that pay than take the time.

Not sure why people are fine with this but for some reason don't realise that you don't lose any progress from regular artifacts and enchantments. That's what the refinement system is all about, keeping your progress. Keep defending the very people that told us that there was a dragonborn sale for those that preordered, a pvp surprise coming, and said we'll keep 75% of refinement progress deliberately to make us think it wasn't so bad.
    im fine because 2x event
    you get back 80% with it, which means only 1M RP is left....500k in a 2x event...which means 10 stack of peridots selling for 100k
  • Options
    tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drtysnchz wrote: »
    And by looking at a bigger picture like stats curves and not just weapon stats i feel obliged to mention that one of their purposes with this mod is to present a challenge again, not just allow people to walk into the best of everything right away and have no challenge at all... I'm so bored on live that i treat the game like nothing more than a fancy chat program most of the time, and if mod6 had no added challenge I'd probably be just as bored.

So what you are really saying is, yes, it's an upgrade, because it has more stats, but in reality it's less effective, because we need more challenge.

Logic check?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tonyswu wrote: »
    So what you are really saying is, yes, it's an upgrade, because it has more stats, but in reality it's less effective, because we need more challenge.

Logic check?

Compared to the old Dragon weapon, which you can keep. By all means if the gold border is that important to you, don't switch to the Elemental weapon...it's just going to put you at a significant disadvantage versus the Elemental weapon once you get level 60.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    tonyswu wrote: »

Logic check?

Seems like an actual attempt at balance to me, give a little, take a lot... you know... lol.. it is an upgrade, as in it's an upgrade from current arti just by slapping the old one into the new one, you get higher stats... higher... up... see where I'm going here?
    The other half of that, well yeah... overall its less effective because new stat curve, still more effective than its predecessor could hope to be.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    That's great, but instead of having a system that is remotely friendly, you have one that 'works' out about 5% of the time and you have to adjust your play time to their schedule. Regular artifacts will give you more than 100% even at max rank for 2x rp. If you choose not to, then you still get the majority of your RP. They made a big point on that, and now they have taken a massive step backwards. The system is anything but friendly to us. "Oh but you get a better item out of it". Yeah well, probably the level 70 drops you can get is 'better' too. At worst would it kill them to have a permanent 80% return rate?

It won't kill them, but it'll hurt their income. It's a f2p game, they have to find ways to maximise how much people will spend.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

My opinion happens to be that there are two fundamental areas that I am disappointed in regarding the new artifact weapons and the refinement penalty.

1) It's too soon. Simply not enough time between gear creep events.

2) I'd be totally fine with this if RP was only obtainable through standard game play. That said, Cryptic/PW opted to monetize RP for purchase. Now it's wholly uncool. Their choice and I don't, no matter how holier than thou the OP wants to demand it be, have to agree with it.

My 2 RP (Devalued by 60%)...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mystagogue wrote: »
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

My opinion happens to be that there are two fundamental areas that I am disappointed in regarding the new artifact weapons and the refinement penalty.

1) It's too soon. Simply not enough time between gear creep events.

2) I'd be totally fine with this if RP was only obtainable through standard game play. That said, Cryptic/PW opted to monetize RP for purchase. Now it's wholly uncool. Their choice and I don't, no matter how holier than thou the OP wants to demand it be, have to agree with it.

My 2 RP (Devalued by 60%)...

You can grind hourlies in the new areas and get rp stuffs, that being said... I completely agree that its too soon to be worrying about having to refine another arti weapon. I also ultimately agree that they devalued everything I put into my arti, but I am ok with them giving me something better right out of the box.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arakk00 wrote: »
    Yeah- here's the thing. You were WRONG if you expected to buy that piece of artifact gear like a savings bond. You aren't getting use out of a savings bond- a better metaphor, if you need one, is a car. You've driven this one around and it's still 'road-safe'- an orange Golden Dragon weapon is marginally better than a green Elemental Fire and potentially a blue one; it's still high-tier gear for mod6, just no longer BiS. Upgrading it gives you a purple version of the Elemental Fire weapon immediately. If you want the orange color again, the BiS absolute? Yes, you have to put more into it. But you'll see one enchantment slot and a few stat points of difference- the primary enchant slot, the feature, most of the stats are unlocked. Upgrading your weapon at 70 will instantly give you the best weapon anyone will have for a while. Hitting Legendary is just trophy status, as always- and Cryptic needs the support of people paying for that trophy status. If they just GAVE you a stronger, better, faster 'new car' for your used Golden Dragon weapon... Where would they sell you RP? Wards? Prompt you to open lockboxes?
    It will not, I've already linked the crafted weapons on another thread. Unless something changed on preview lately they are better, I've bought all the crafting parts for 'pennies' and will use that until double RP.
    btw my metaphor was a stock and not a saving bond for an initial investment, bonds have 'assured' return, stocks do not.

I can live with cars, some countries (I believe most) have extreme depreciation as soon as you bought a car and registered it , you can no longer sell it at same price, it lost large % of it's value even if you drove it only few miles. In the metaphor spirit, Me and my friend saved up the same amount of money, I've bought a a car, my friend still rides , after 3 months when the new model came out we both want to upgrade, I can only trade mine for family sedan and he bought the sports version.
    All because of the depreciation of my car. Irrelevant of the usage of said car, I could have kept it in the garage and not use it at all.

Also, I believe you have also misconception about the value of base damage, let me ask you what more valuable (today on live) an R10 radiant (those that cost several millions) with 330 power (~2% damage over base) or 5 points of base damage (weapon that was 400-500 for one that is 405-505) ?
    arakk00 wrote: »
    You're complaining because you overspent on a trophy item and don't feel you got enough of a return on the NEW TROPHY ITEM. That's just silly. The new purple weapon (what you're getting trading in your orange one) is the BiS weapon until people get the orange one. You are paying/refining again for BRAGGING RIGHTS, essentially. After all, you're using that weapon you 'take a loss' on to FIGHT the bosses you're farming RP/items (ad) from. It's a very powerful weapon that noone else will have for a long while.

What everyone is missing here is that the 'loss' of that trophy-status-gaining RP is a balancing factor; these artifact weapons can be used in PvP, and you're getting that boost up first. They're a few stat points short of BiS for PvE, even if that's a lot of RP. Again, you're getting that INSTANTLY, provided you have the refining stones. And this is AFTER you got to use that Golden Dragon weapon as the BiS item it is on live for whatever amount of time- sorry about your luck if you just refined it the day Mod6 was announced. You're losing the RP for the advantage over other players it gives you to get that boost, essentially.

That is, if you're not getting 75% of the ACTUAL RP VALUE. I don't think anyone has considered- Mod6 is supposed to have more RP available for artifacts. 75% of levels would be level 45... It would make sense for these new artifacts to cost more, and with the stat curves being adjusted, it would also make sense if the new refining curves were a little more uniform. So don't quit before your chickens hatch because you're getting an upgrade that you STILL HAVE TO IMPROVE. That's the only way Cryptic can make their money with the limitations they have.

P.S. Yeah, new artifact weapons when they don't even have set bonuses is kinda a money sink, because they're hoping to stagger AD/RP farming bots enough that people will actually spend ZEN. As a mini PSA: This is because people buy from those bots. This takes money away from cryptic and means they have to create fresh money sinks with each set of countermeasures.

Have you read what I wrote ?
    I am sorry if I'm not clear, English is far from being my first language, but were the hell I've complained about Trophys ?
    Or mentioned it? Or care for it ? Do not assume, and don't put words into my keyboard or psycho analyze me please
    I don't care, what color it is, I don't care what gear people think. Neither I've complained about the upgrade, of gear, AD sink, or the Loss itself.

My single complaint was that people claim it is not a loss ! I'll admit it's a nitpicky complaint about semantics but it is what it is.
    If I did something (upgraded that weapon even with a single aquamarine) and another person did not, We got our new shiny elemental weapon, upgraded it and i have 60% less value of that aquamarine from my green non-trophy weapon then I lost value.
    No need to sugar coat it, showing me that i gained better item or anything, all of it can be true, but irrelevant, there was a loss of value of RP.
  • Options
    kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drtysnchz wrote: »
    You can grind hourlies in the new areas and get rp stuffs, that being said... I completely agree that its too soon to be worrying about having to refine another arti weapon. I also ultimately agree that they devalued everything I put into my arti, but I am ok with them giving me something better right out of the box.
    No thanks, never again. I have done it - and was more than enough - so far b/c of current artifact equipment.
    I don't want legendary, I never wanted. rank35 -epic - that's all I aim. It would be 225k+ RP after fusing the current one. And 2 times b/c of main+off - I do not even care w/ lvl70 neck/belt. Always 80% RP - not increased during RP event - is acceptable but 40% is lame.
    Still not decided what to do after Easter ...
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I saw they added RP rewards to the weekly quest in Sharandar. It's 11250 RP per week. I suppose it's not that great, but better than nothing. =/
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Two things:

1. There will be more RP drops and rewards in Mod 6.

2. No amount of complaining is going to change anything in mod 6. It is what it is.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    Two things:

1. There will be more RP drops and rewards in Mod 6.

2. No amount of complaining is going to change anything in mod 6. It is what it is.

to 1. OK, more RP. If you want the same lvl of gear, you have now (leg) on lvl 70, you will have to farm some sweet 1.5 million RP WITH double RF weekend. If you want to get BIS gear, again, you will have to farm 1.5 million RP for weapon and armor enchant, 7 million RP for artefacts and a 'few' million more for enchants (all with double RP in mind). Thats ONE char. Forget GMOP, wards etc. Just for one BIS char there are more then 10 million RPs to farm. They added a 10k RP reward to the Sharandar weekly? Just do the weekly and you will have your RPs in 20+ years (sarcasm).

to 2. They said:

a) 'artefact gear wont get obsolete'. For high end PvP it got obsolete and the fact, that it nets out RPs is semantics imo.

b) 'we will add some lvl to artefact gear'. Wups, we did not. Here is your new gear.

c) 'your old gear will net 75% of your item progression in new gear'. When we say 75% we are not talking about RP value, but lvl. Could have said 40%, but 75% sounded nicer.

Thats not complaining, but the facts so far. Now, if I add a 'they dont stick to their words and/ or treat us like ******', well thats complaining.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    2.5. Ranting and/or arguing is also not going to change anything in mod 6. It is what it is.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You gotta love adamant positions like this one. Suppose you were on a ship and there was this big *** iceberg coming up ahead. I guess no amount of complaining that you might crash and sink is going to change your course yes?

If I was a passenger and the iceberg was as close to us as Mod 6 is, then yes. Complaining would change nothing. I'd either head for the lifeboats or prepare to attempt a brave-but-futile acrobatic leap onto said iceberg, confidently rolling all those saving throws.

The mod is 5 days away. It ain't gonna change so we have to deal with it, whatever it is. Or we could head for the lifeboats I guess.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    2.5. Ranting and/or arguing is also not going to change anything in mod 6. It is what it is.

There is a difference between ranting and stating facts followed by an opinion. I just dont like the 'be thankful for getting *****ed' rationalization of OP.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    We gotta make sure our word is heard and every post launch patch is dedicated to fixing one of the many serious issues we have outlined in great detail on the forum.

Now you are just being silly. If you are going to post April Fool's jokes you need to do them on the correct day and also try harder to make them more believable.

The forum has raged against artifact stuff and refining since Mod 4. How far ahead does your lobbying campaign reach?