What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback (To Players): "Losing" RP With New Artifact Gear

13»

Comments

• learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    arakk00 wrote: »
    Hi. I see you don't think through things very well. Or read very well. This is a 'be grateful you aren't being ****ed' thread. Golden Dragon weapons are still fairly powerful compared to standard mod6 epic gear- not obsolete, the devs told the truth. Trading it into a new artifact weapon is not losing RP- you're salvaging RP to instantly get BiS. It would neither be fair to new players nor net Cryptic any income to just GIVE someone who has been using a BiS weapon nearly since it came out the new BiS weapon. Of course, you -want- that BiS item; you think you should stay ahead of the rabble. And Cryptic is obliging you! You're getting back an epic-tier artifact weapon, no matter how much progress 'remains' to get absolute BiS again. Until everyone else catches up, with the exception of the rare super-hoarder of RP, THAT WEAPON IS BiS. The only thing better than an epic Elemental Fire weapon is a Legendary one- and noone else but the owners of high-ranked Golden Dragon weapons will have one at the start of mod6.

I've noticed a lot of baseless complaining, as well. Have not tested this setup myself, and I'd reckon- neither have you. Who's to say you aren't keeping 75% of the RP VALUE, with an adjusted curve on these new artifacts? I can't say that with certainty. Can you?
    fair to newer players would have been to alow them to keep there artifact wepons we all know that the new gear hurt the newer players more than it did the bis players
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    These sorts of discussions are pointless, because the players here who scream the loudest about the refining system object to the *entire system*. It doesn't matter if they get a better weapon by doing nothing but plopping their existing weapon into the new weapon. They don't want to have to use the new weapon because they just don't. want. to. do. any. more. refining.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    Where did you get your 300k RP per level. Maybe it could have been 50-100k?

Level 60 needs 300k, lv 61 would need more. Exactly like artifacts.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    These sorts of discussions are pointless, because the players here who scream the loudest about the refining system object to the *entire system*. It doesn't matter if they get a better weapon by doing nothing but plopping their existing weapon into the new weapon. They don't want to have to use the new weapon because they just don't. want. to. do. any. more. refining.

How i love to disscuss with u. No. Its not old weapon or new weapon choice, since stat curves r changed, COMPARED TO PREVIOUS MODs, it choice between "worse weapon" and "even worse weapon". Open ur glued eyes already. And yes i have bloody enought of refining next 50mln or with using 500 rp items, how brainless one must be to do such non-effective work over and over again and be happy about that? But hey! If u like it, i wont judge u.

Ohh boy, if u would only able to take a peek on this issue from logistical or managment point of view. Or at least logical.

i wont even speak about farming this trashes over and over again. And next mod prolly too. Either this, or spending big manies, or one will never end any dung.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Level 60 needs 300k, lv 61 would need more. Exactly like artifacts.

For a R10 enchant you need 2 R 9s. R 11 'just' needs RP, GMOP and some stuff. They can change mechanics, if it would be unreasonable otherwise.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    For a R10 enchant you need 2 R 9s. R 11 'just' needs RP, GMOP and some stuff. They can change mechanics, if it would be unreasonable otherwise.
    rank 11 still needs 600k refining points and 5 gmop.
    rank 10 may need 1 rank 9, 300k rp and 2 gmop but at the end the price is still the same.

trust me, they did the best with this