Install Arc
Options

Black Ice Upgrades

2»

Comments

• Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Has anyone crafted the black ice set yet? I'd be very interested to know if the empowerment functions the same as in you go from T2 to T3? Or does it go higher?

I would also like to see what some stats probably look like. Personally my main is a CW that has over 120k black ice preparing for this but I'm leaning towards just using the PVP set and upgrading it.

On a side note I don't know what all the hoopla is about on the black ice belts .. yeah they are pricy but aren't supposed to be something you get easily, granted in my opinion I think 250k is too much per piece ... I think around 150k per piece would be more reasonable and still rather difficult to obtain except from the most dedicated players of the area.

As other people noted you can always buy from AH with your hard earned AD and make other people richer ... or you can get in on farming runs for neck and belts and hope you get what you want or trade/sell those for the ones you want.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The amount of black ice needed is ridiculous and I'm certainly not gong to bother grinding it out for my GF who won't be wanted anyway.

The problem is, the devs will know people will be pre-farming it, and so have to set the amounts needed high so that people don't have BIS gear straight away, and most casual players won't bother grinding it out either because by the time they get it, mod 7 will come and have a new gear set with set bonuses, basically like our mod 5 gear is worthless.

Personally, I would have just had new armor sets, and just boosted the current artifact gear to be inline with the new stat curves (some of this gear only lasted one mod which is too short). Mod 6 seems like a complete start over, in which case I might just go and start a new game with new zones, etc rather than having all previous content rehashed which is what we have got now.
  • Options
    glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    h7ySVFb.png

Maybe we wont need to buy the base gear again.....

I have the full purified set but only the arms come up like this.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The BI glove is the only item that isn't bought. With Remo turning level 89, it'd be hard to get again. The glove is the only gear peice that can be crafted from the purified or corrupted BI gear. The rest ya buy.
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    why would anyone want to wear greater cloak and greater belt of black ice?
    For the 3-piece bonus?
  • Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wow there are a few here that really need to learn how to use a calculator lol..

Here's the real math...
    Rank 4 Black ice Shaping: 50K black ice and 10 Unified Elements
    Rank 5 Black Ice Shaping: 25K black ice and 5 Unified Elements.

Now before i go any further..
    I honestly wouldnt worry about Rank 5 for now. why you ask?
    You will need to do the Dungeons to get initial item via purchase or possible lucky drop.

If your not lucky on the drop for the item...

then you can buy the pieces.. each piece approx 200,400, or 600 seals each..
    btw new seals: seal of the elements (blue item to epic upgraded version via Black ice)
    Seal of the protector (epic item to epic upgraded version via Black ice)
    Which in total could be around 1600-1800 seals of either (or more pending on selection on the rings/neck/belts)

Now that's said.
    Rank 4 Black ice shaping:
    Black ice upgraded set from initial black ice helm, boots, bracers, chest via vendor / drop
    Hood/Helm cost: 2 Unified Elements and 9,200 Black ice
    Chest cost: 3 Unified Elements and 11,800 Black ice
    Bracers cost: 2 Unified Elements and 9,200 Black ice
    Boots cost: 2 Unified Elements and 9,200 Black ice

Rank 4 Set Total:
    39,400 Black Ice set + 50K for rank 4 = 89,400

Now what it seems alot of people are NOT realizing is that you get a return on some of the black ice per item made. some up to 3K pending on your assets.

Rank 5 there are so many items and pieces that this area could get expensive, so just to analyze 1 set for general idea.

This is full item list INCLUDING the rank 4 to 5 black ice shaping upgrade for the 4 piece Elemental Elven Assault Set..(helm, boots, chest, bracers only)

114,400 Black Ice total
    24 Unified ELements
    3 twisted black ice wedge
    1 Black Ice Wedge? Blue?
    1 Shamanic Salve
    1 Hide of the Beholder
    3 black ice spine
    1 black ice core
    3 black ice splinter

I hope this gives you all some clarification..

My advice to you all.. Go FARM your black ice and HE's! you will need it for the following reasons.

1. Alot of us are going to realize this might be the better way to obtain decent lvl 70 Epic items until we become much more survivable in any of the epic dungeons to obtain any seals to get better items.. (mainly due to the random black hole item issues still happening on the preview server).. so for the HR class I have yet to see any blue gear drops yet (besides a ton of waists, belts, and rings) that are even worth bothering with...

2. on Preview in IWD and DV.. Just the normal bears, wolfs, dwarves, etc.. will hit you for approx 20-30K a pop... You will not survive this unless your are sitting in the 70-80K HP range..
    I got hit 2 times on my HR, Dead.. (no Lifesteal to save your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>..)

As far as some1 asking about the rank 4 set.. I have made the Helm and chest for my HR so far..
    Chest filled 100% with black ice
    Helm i think around 75%
    Untitled1_1.pngUntitled2_1.png

I am in the process of replacing my Templar draconic with the black ice set because Literally almost ALL of the stats are vastly better on this set then the Templar BEFORE the black ice enhancement.

It will take some variant of stones to add/replace the stats you may lose from your current set whatever it may be.. for me its critical strike due to the lack of that stats.. (Yet again) that i will have to come up with..

I've been testing for awhile on Preview so I have managed to get Katrina 99.9% ready for Mod 6.. Just missing the Black Ice gloves.. Gonna have to deal with a crappy random blue or make a set Leatherworking..

Good Luck to you all and see you on Mod 6 day :).. If any of you have any questions or would like more intel on what you need for Mod 6, feel free to PM me ingame @dyeslee.. Just mention this post and I will do my best to remember.. Have a notepad ready LOL.. The List is long..
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    btw just made that helm/chest 2day...
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dyeslee wrote: »
    wow there are a few here that really need to learn how to use a calculator lol..

Here's the real math...
    Rank 4 Black ice Shaping: 50K black ice and 10 Unified Elements
    Rank 5 Black Ice Shaping: 25K black ice and 5 Unified Elements.

Now before i go any further..
    I honestly wouldnt worry about Rank 5 for now. why you ask?
    You will need to do the Dungeons to get initial item via purchase or possible lucky drop.

If your not lucky on the drop for the item...

then you can buy the pieces.. each piece approx 200,400, or 600 seals each..
    btw new seals: seal of the elements (blue item to epic upgraded version via Black ice)
    Seal of the protector (epic item to epic upgraded version via Black ice)
    Which in total could be around 1600-1800 seals of either (or more pending on selection on the rings/neck/belts)

Now that's said.
    Rank 4 Black ice shaping:
    Black ice upgraded set from initial black ice helm, boots, bracers, chest via vendor / drop
    Hood/Helm cost: 2 Unified Elements and 9,200 Black ice
    Chest cost: 3 Unified Elements and 11,800 Black ice
    Bracers cost: 2 Unified Elements and 9,200 Black ice
    Boots cost: 2 Unified Elements and 9,200 Black ice

Rank 4 Set Total:
    39,400 Black Ice set + 50K for rank 4 = 89,400

Now what it seems alot of people are NOT realizing is that you get a return on some of the black ice per item made. some up to 3K pending on your assets.

Rank 5 there are so many items and pieces that this area could get expensive, so just to analyze 1 set for general idea.

This is full item list INCLUDING the rank 4 to 5 black ice shaping upgrade for the 4 piece Elemental Elven Assault Set..(helm, boots, chest, bracers only)

114,400 Black Ice total
    24 Unified ELements
    3 twisted black ice wedge
    1 Black Ice Wedge? Blue?
    1 Shamanic Salve
    1 Hide of the Beholder
    3 black ice spine
    1 black ice core
    3 black ice splinter

I hope this gives you all some clarification..

My advice to you all.. Go FARM your black ice and HE's! you will need it for the following reasons.

1. Alot of us are going to realize this might be the better way to obtain decent lvl 70 Epic items until we become much more survivable in any of the epic dungeons to obtain any seals to get better items.. (mainly due to the random black hole item issues still happening on the preview server).. so for the HR class I have yet to see any blue gear drops yet (besides a ton of waists, belts, and rings) that are even worth bothering with...

2. on Preview in IWD and DV.. Just the normal bears, wolfs, dwarves, etc.. will hit you for approx 20-30K a pop... You will not survive this unless your are sitting in the 70-80K HP range..
    I got hit 2 times on my HR, Dead.. (no Lifesteal to save your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>..)

As far as some1 asking about the rank 4 set.. I have made the Helm and chest for my HR so far..
    Chest filled 100% with black ice
    Helm i think around 75%
    Untitled1_1.pngUntitled2_1.png

I am in the process of replacing my Templar draconic with the black ice set because Literally almost ALL of the stats are vastly better on this set then the Templar BEFORE the black ice enhancement.

It will take some variant of stones to add/replace the stats you may lose from your current set whatever it may be.. for me its critical strike due to the lack of that stats.. (Yet again) that i will have to come up with..

I've been testing for awhile on Preview so I have managed to get Katrina 99.9% ready for Mod 6.. Just missing the Black Ice gloves.. Gonna have to deal with a crappy random blue or make a set Leatherworking..

Good Luck to you all and see you on Mod 6 day :).. If any of you have any questions or would like more intel on what you need for Mod 6, feel free to PM me ingame @dyeslee.. Just mention this post and I will do my best to remember.. Have a notepad ready LOL.. The List is long..

And you forgot 250k black ice for greater black ice neck and 250k for greater black ice belt.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dyeslee wrote: »
    *snipped*

Thx for the detailed info , I was reading the other posts where people were saying that it costs 500k black ice for a BiS set and I was thinking 'wtf these guys on? ' so it looks like from lvl 61 to 69 I will probably use the Eternal set from WoD then at 70 use the elemental black ice set then use that to farm the elven raid set from the dungeons to upgrade to elemental elven raid set , sweet , I have a plan and it looks like the Hammerstone pick is going to be useful afterall xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    everwee1everwee1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Which Heroic Encounters give Unified Elements? Just in IWD?
  • Options
    mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    I know for a fact I saw a Dev say you will be able to improve your existing BI armor. Perhaps that has changed, but was indeed said.

I doubt that applies to the purified and corrupt sets :/ I rather fear I'll have to farm extra ice to buy the normal black ice gear from the vendor.
  • Options
    traxsutraxsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    There are multiple ways to obtain belts and cloaks. This is a non-issue.

That's the ilvl 60 gear, not the ilvl 70 gear. Check again.
  • Options
    mrsmcsmithymrsmcsmithy Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2015
    traxsu wrote: »

The Dragon heralds on preview drop the lvl 70 greater belts , I'm pretty sure they always have and the mid range HE's in WoD on preview have a chance to drop all types of the greater cloaks. I still agree that 250000 refined black ice is far too much for the belt or cloak.
  • Options
    everwee1everwee1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    everwee1 wrote: »
    Which Heroic Encounters give Unified Elements? Just in IWD?

Can someone answer please?
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I'm pretty sure Unified elements were possible quest rewards as were the stuff you can use to craft them ( no idea if that changed since a couple of weeks ago), you can also craft them using Alchemy , it takes 12 days to make one XD ( no idea if that will change before launch)
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    traxsu wrote: »

No, heralds drop the belt, and the cloak can be purchased for a handful of linu.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    What i do not get about all this new gear is the fact, for now, that we will not have the purple rank of elemental black ice gear...

Yeah kinda sad we can't upgrade bi gear to epic while we can upgrade blue seal gear
  • Options
    traxsutraxsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    No, heralds drop the belt, and the cloak can be purchased for a handful of linu.

Not black ice belt/cloak item level 70.

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

No heroic encounters give unified elements. These are available from the dailies in all of the adventure zones that reward an elemental <earth/fire/water/air>. Sometimes on quest completion it will be subbed for a unified or an elemental asset which can be combined into a unified with alchemy. Current time to conversion is maximum 12 days/minimum 4 days with 100k per day cost. So a 5 day would cost 500,000 AD.