test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Ice Upgrades

valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
I just upgraded my Black Ice profession to level 4. The issue many of us had was there a need to do a task requiring more black ice until you can get to level 5. NO is the answer, yay!!! :D Once you reach level 4, level 5 upgrade is available, if ya have all the ingredients. The new Black Ice gear is available at level 4 which requires about 9 Unified Elementals and a ton of ice. Level 5 can wait as you need to farm the epic dungeons for the seals to buy the starter gear. Depending on how many epic alchemists ya have, you can be wearing the full new black ice gear in a few weeks.

*For the impatient rich folks - the cost ratio to finsih a task early is roughly 100k AD per 24 hours. :eek:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    valwryn wrote: »
    Depending on how many epic alchemists ya have,

I wonder how many of these will get used up in the upcoming Alchemical Extravaganza in a couple of weeks xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    this is really going to hurt people that dont have aclhamy started
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    So going from rank 3 to 4 costs 50000 BI and rewards 600 exp but going from rank 4 to 5 costs 25000 BI and rewards 300 exp? XD
    edited March 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    So going from rank 3 to 4 costs 50000 BI and rewards 600 exp but going from rank 4 to 5 costs 25000 BI and rewards 300 exp? XD
    That's the unknown. I'll find out next week.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    so from what i see most of us are not geting lv 70 epic gear anytime soon with the exception of the pvp people(who get it day 1) and those with tons of real money in the game the rest of us are done for pve is going to be a real pain
    edited March 2015
    BI5.jpg

The good news is that getting to level 5 is just the one time upgrade. Sad news is ya need lots more ice and Unifieds to upgrade your gear. Those with the new PvP gear will want to get to level 5 to quickly upgrade your gear. PVE players can just get the level 4 BI gear to help with getting the dungeon gear then ya can move up to level 5. ;)
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    valwryn wrote: »
    BI5.jpg

The good news is that getting to level 5 is just the one time upgrade. Sad news is ya need lots more ice and Unifieds to upgrade your gear. Those with the new PvP gear will want to get to level 5 to quickly upgrade your gear. PVE players can just get the level 4 BI gear to help with getting the dungeon gear then ya can move up to level 5. ;)

Did they improved bi gear ?last time I was looking it it did not look to good it was blue and not a lot better then lvl 120blue from npc in well zone so I'm not sure is it even worth of bi needed to craft
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You get BiS lvl 70 stuff by upgrading pvp/pve stuff with lvl 5 black Ice shaping.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    umsche wrote: »
    You get BiS lvl 70 stuff by upgrading pvp/pve stuff with lvl 5 black Ice shaping.

Don't think this alone will be worth of grinding to lvl 5 not at least for me
    edited March 2015
    There are 6 different sets of armor to upgrade at BI Rank 5. All the stats on them are far greater than the starter gear needed for the upgrades. The only grind in the ice and the starter gear. The unifieds are easy just time consuming.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so it about 370.000 Black Ice to BIS Gear.....
    I am not sure that i gonna farm that much Black Ice to get there, its a really huge sum
  • frobonatorfrobonator Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so it about 370.000 Black Ice to BIS Gear.....
    + 500.000 Black Ice ;)

2015_03_28_00010.jpg
    edited March 2015
    what is ment by epic alchemists, you mean the balck ice alchemists not the alchemist from the profession alchemy?
    and why do i need that much?
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let's say you can refine 1500 BI twice a day. 370.000/3000=123 days. 4 months of refining.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    370k? who did this crazy math? >.>

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

edited March 2015
    its more than 370k its 500k look above
    and in case of not having 4 epic alchemists, its 8 month and more, so if next mod comes in 6 month making all worthless, no thanks ;)
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Emmm, but u know... BI stuff is dropable (both belt and cloak)

Upgrade to r5 acroding to warpet cost 75k, set upgrade cost like 50k or so 125k, from where this 245k more? What do i missing?

• aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can't wait until mod 7 gear.
    edited March 2015
    i only talk about the four armorpieces, if u want to upgrade them to level 5 incl getting to level 5 its >500k Black Ice to refine
    so first time to thinnk about epic alchemist and epic upgrades to refine..... too much imo
    Belt and cloak i guess will be not BIS for PVP, think thats gonna be artifact again, can´t say
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    what is ment by epic alchemists, you mean the balck ice alchemists not the alchemist from the profession alchemy?
    and why do i need that much?

The alchemists (from the alchemist profession) are needed to produce one of ingredients for the black ice set.
  • southwind0southwind0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Anyone knows if you can empower the new black ice armor pieces you get at lvl 4? Maybe it can be BiS if you fully empower it..
    edited March 2015
    are you sure about that? can´t see any ingredient in the shown pictures wich is build by alchemist profession?
    edited March 2015
    are you sure about that? can´t see any ingredient in the shown pictures wich is build by alchemist profession?

You have to unlock the Aggregate and Unified thingies b4 you can see them at level 24 & 25 Alchemy.
    edited March 2015
    its more than 370k its 500k

If you are a collector and want all the sets than it might cost 500k. The stats on each are different, just pick the ones ya want. Less grindy.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are multiple ways to obtain belts and cloaks. This is a non-issue.
    edited March 2015
    Where is this 500k Black ice needed for a BiS set coming from? ATM you need at most around 120k-130k black ice , 75k to get from rank 3 to rank 5( this might be incorrect atm ) and 48400 black ice to make the 4 piece set of BiS gear.
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Has anyone crafted the black ice set yet? I'd be very interested to know if the empowerment functions the same as in you go from T2 to T3? Or does it go higher?

I would also like to see what some stats probably look like. Personally my main is a CW that has over 120k black ice preparing for this but I'm leaning towards just using the PVP set and upgrading it.

On a side note I don't know what all the hoopla is about on the black ice belts .. yeah they are pricy but aren't supposed to be something you get easily, granted in my opinion I think 250k is too much per piece ... I think around 150k per piece would be more reasonable and still rather difficult to obtain except from the most dedicated players of the area.

As other people noted you can always buy from AH with your hard earned AD and make other people richer ... or you can get in on farming runs for neck and belts and hope you get what you want or trade/sell those for the ones you want.
  • evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The amount of black ice needed is ridiculous and I'm certainly not gong to bother grinding it out for my GF who won't be wanted anyway.

The problem is, the devs will know people will be pre-farming it, and so have to set the amounts needed high so that people don't have BIS gear straight away, and most casual players won't bother grinding it out either because by the time they get it, mod 7 will come and have a new gear set with set bonuses, basically like our mod 5 gear is worthless.

Personally, I would have just had new armor sets, and just boosted the current artifact gear to be inline with the new stat curves (some of this gear only lasted one mod which is too short). Mod 6 seems like a complete start over, in which case I might just go and start a new game with new zones, etc rather than having all previous content rehashed which is what we have got now.