test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Guardian Fighter Cap Raise

Comments

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Collection/Epic_Equipment_%28Guardian_Fighter%29
    T1 armor sets dont have crit stat T2 dont have too (only timless (4th set bonus) and they defensive stat are super low T2.5 dont have crit stat T3 dont have too PVP sets dont have crit stat.
    + Draconic/draconic templar sets dont have crit stat too.
    I dont know what are you talking about you cannot play whit min recovery and min arp .
    You need at least 4000 arp and 3000 recovery to hit the min .
    Also guard gain got heavy nerf , you need to build stamina gain too.

Greater Armor kits can give you total 800 stat = 2 % crit chance.

I can put together weapon/off hand, chest plate, gloves, helmet - all of them have crit PLUS lifesteal at once, except boots. Not sure if they will be available as a lvl 70 version and they also do not have a set bonus but to say there is no crit armor etc. for GF is just plain wrong, mate. Note: the armor, gloves etc. look terrible and have to either be covered by fashion or transmuted.

I actually used these crit items until they revamped reckless attacker and it worked, like a charm. And since the developers announced revamped lvl 70 versions of certain dungeons, i am quite sure, that there will be updated lvl 70 epics, which happen to be the crit ones. And at lvl 70, these items should be giving 1500 - 3000 crit each.

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Rewert this change to stalwart or give the old bonus to some of the new sets .http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Patch_NW.5.20130812b.8

Stalwart Bulwark: This set bonus has been reworked. The new effect is as follows:

When you are blocking, strikes against you generate stacks of Stalwart Bulwark. Your next power deals 20 bonus damage for each stack of Stalwart Bulwark on you. You may have up to 10 stacks.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • ilsilenziosoilsilenzioso Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    so you want to take both 80% Less damage, be CC immune, and deal even more unavoidable Unmitigatable damage back to the squishier enemy? Thats pretty overpowered. Thats like a GWF saying that 25% of all damage they take during sprint should be dealt back to the enemies, only sprint uptime is NOWHERE NEAR as much as block uptime.. I've seen GF able to permablock, if they had this, you'd literally just afk while blocking with your back to the wall, mark who ever is attacking you and not be able to die because of the sheer amounts of damage you're returning.

I have a GF and I already find it funny how little damage people can do to me when I have block up.

Piercing damage in general is a bad mechanic as it massively reduces the effectiveness and value of 2 main stats.

Why not? I don't see the problem in Gf doing more damage than now. The so called "squishy" classes have already a lot of tools to be tanky like us GF: shield on Cw, extreme deflect on Tr, and so on. Other thing is that, in next mod, the amount of HP will be similar for each class, thanks to new gear. And, if strikers classes will have hight HP, hight survivability and extremely hight damage, also tank classes need very good survivability, tons of HP and, finally, some damage. What is tanks job? Take aggro, take damage, survive. Strikers class job is either control and kill. Also Dc got a good degree of damage, and they aren't overpowered. Obviously other classes, like Gwf or Sw need more defensive tools too.
    What i simply i don't get is: why a fighter player has to be "penalized" just for the fact he play the class he likes most? I play only Gf because i like the class, i don't want to play another. I have no damage? Fine, but i'd like to have the best survivability. I don't have the best survivability? Then i need more damage. Simple.

Regards
  • ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just an idea. Instead of stamina increasing in protectors tree (inshakable line) CC immunity for tank and allies would be nice solution. Especially, that so few ways to increase CC immunity. What you think?
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug :Guardian Fighter
    Damage of powers has been increased by 20% across the board.

Only the tooltip is changed but we dont get the 20%. Dmg buff.
    2qwhfv4.png
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BUG: tooltip and actual damage are way off, tested against test dummies.

Crushing Surge:
    Tooltip minimum damage 6742, log file minimum damage: 5350

Anvil of Doom:
    Tooltip minimum damage 18276, log file minimum damage: 14466

Bull's Rush:
    Tooltip minimum damage 14996, log file minimum damage: 11944

And so on...

• caciquenorecaciquenore Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tactician path need buffed up

when is copared whit other 2 path the feat are too lazy

need buffed up the Temp hit point in gereneral on GF is too low for the big CD
  • sethr4sethr4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Two general changes would help alot:

First give the gf a +1 % crit chanche for every attributepoint over 10 (dex or str). Secondly let the gf attacks during his classmechanic (blocking) hit more targets, like in 180 °.
  • ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Combat Superiority class feature has levels 1 to 4 extending its duration yet the 5/5 Tactical Superiority feat in the conqueror tree removes the need for any duration at all, please consider changing the class feature so it increases damage by 1/2/3/4/% or change the Tactical Superiority feat in conqueror tree
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Desperate Survival Elemental shield off hand bonus
    This bonus of a HoT when under 25% hp is not activating at all.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • titanishu1488titanishu1488 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BUG: It seems, that GuardMeter consumes much faster than on live server.
    edited March 2015
    reduce the internal cooldown on the t1 paragon feat take measure to increase the uptime of temp hp in order to work more synergistically with paragon feat wrathful warrior, perhaps have it mirror CW internal cooldown of 10sec of their t1 feat critical power, at the very least it should be reduced to 30 secs to match the heroic feat shielded resurgence, either that or create more ways for conq spec gf to acquire temp hp without taking up an encounter power slot such as substituting the extra damage resistance given to the encounter powers lunging strike and bulls charge with temp hp instead- the amount could be a set amount rather than based on %hp and even be minimal like 1k at lvl 60 upto 10k at lvl 70 in order to provide the buff without unbalancing play.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    reduce the internal cooldown on the t1 paragon feat take measure to increase the uptime of temp hp in order to work more synergistically with paragon feat wrathful warrior, perhaps have it mirror CW internal cooldown of 10sec of their t1 feat critical power, at the very least it should be reduced to 30 secs to match the heroic feat shielded resurgence, either that or create more ways for conq spec gf to acquire temp hp without taking up an encounter power slot such as substituting the extra damage resistance given to the encounter powers lunging strike and bulls charge with temp hp instead- the amount could be a set amount rather than based on %hp and even be minimal like 1k at lvl 60 upto 10k at lvl 70 in order to provide the buff without unbalancing play.

The duration of Wrathfull warrior when-if-never happens is 3 secs or less.The icon is a fist same to conq capstone.How seldom have you seen ti?I play Gf 1 year and some months and i have seen it 3 or max 4 times.

Suggestion:
    Rework Wrathfull warrior:Make it a flat damage boost,or a flat crit boost or an arm pen flat boost.Currnetly does not work at all.
    edited March 2015
    The duration of Wrathfull warrior when-if-never happens is 3 secs or less.The icon is a fist same to conq capstone.How seldom have you seen ti?I play Gf 1 year and some months and i have seen it 3 or max 4 times.

Suggestion:
    Rework Wrathfull warrior:Make it a flat damage boost,or a flat crit boost or an arm pen flat boost.Currnetly does not work at all.

Lol I know right?!.. but with so many feats in the class built around generating temp hp but all limited with massive internal cooldowns, the idea of turning temp hp into a damage boost im not opposed to and it makes an interesting dynamic for the GF if implemented properly.. however temp hp generation is too poor due to internal cooldowns, either balance with reduced cooldowns or encounter powers generating temp hp as i stated earlier, both options can be balanced by reducing the amount of temp hp gained if required but for 5 paragon feat points there should be a greater / more consistent uptime of temp hp for wrathful warrior to work with.

..as you suggest turning the damage boost into a crit boost would be much more interesting from a player perspective and would work towards the massive deficeit in crit that the class has (due to no ability scores providing any) and would then provide more synergy with jaggedblades...
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Anvil of Doom
    Anvil of Doom misses it's target while the GF is air born (weird how it happens). Ex: If I were to walk off an edge to drop down onto my enemy, and press the button to activate AoD before my feet touch the ground, AoD animation will be completed without the loud chime to let the player know he hit his target.

Bug: Griffin's Wrath
    When Griffin's Wrath is cancelled EVEN before the GF raises his hand, it uses up a charge and goes on a COMPLETE cool down.

Bug: Villain's Menace
    Villan's Menace CC-immunity glitches out sometimes, no longer shielding the Guardian Fighter from CC. I have video evidence of this. Let me know if you'd like me to upload it for review.

Villain's Menace should grant CC-immunity WHILE casting.

SoS should be rolled back to an earlier state before it was nerfed, due to the AP gain of Knight's Valor.

Knee Breaker should have a 3 second cool down when missed, like Take Down for GWF's.

Enduring Warrior needs an increase. 3% is BARELY effective.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Lol I know right?!.. but with so many feats in the class built around generating temp hp but all limited with massive internal cooldowns, the idea of turning temp hp into a damage boost im not opposed to and it makes an interesting dynamic for the GF if implemented properly.. however temp hp generation is too poor due to internal cooldowns, either balance with reduced cooldowns or encounter powers generating temp hp as i stated earlier, both options can be balanced by reducing the amount of temp hp gained if required but for 5 paragon feat points there should be a greater / more consistent uptime of temp hp for wrathful warrior to work with.

..as you suggest turning the damage boost into a crit boost would be much more interesting from a player perspective and would work towards the massive deficeit in crit that the class has (due to no ability scores providing any) and would then provide more synergy with jaggedblades...

^^^
    it is not the long cooldawns the only problem,friend.
    The Wrathfull warrior duration is max 3 secs.that's one att will for us.

And another Gf said that temp hp are somehow bugged when shield meter is full.B ug.Currently i cannot confirm it though.

In any case Wrathfull warrior as tactical syperiority need a rework
  • killernorekillernore Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    any work on GF? like GWF? buff for future? more Temp HP? a rework for Tactician path? no?
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    The guard meter being consumed faster on preview than on live seems to be a problem every mod. Usually they fix this some time after launch and tons of complaining.
    Also, the pvp set bonus is being removed so the large bonus to guard meter is gone.
    So between these 2 things its a large nerf to guard duration.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: PVP Burning Equip
    This is still only for paladins and not for guardian fighters.

This bug prevents me from doing any testing for pvp etc.

Bug: Desperate Survival Offhand Bonus
    The desperate survival class feature offhand bonus does not work at all.

Bug: Desperate Survival class feature
    The increased stamina regen does not seem to be working at all from testing this feat only gives 4% more deflect.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Any ideas on what enchants we need to be running for PVP next mod? With the paladin around I have a feeling the protector is totally dead. So I have been running conq for the last week to break the dust off. I figure it would go in this thread because you guys could tell me what has worked and what you recommend in reference to what is working/not working :D
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    freshour wrote: »
    Any ideas on what enchants we need to be running for PVP next mod? With the paladin around I have a feeling the protector is totally dead. So I have been running conq for the last week to break the dust off. I figure it would go in this thread because you guys could tell me what has worked and what you recommend in reference to what is working/not working :D

I heard the Brilliant Energy weapon enchant is good. Cant be upgraded but half of the damage bypasses targets DR which is pretty powerful :)

Brilliant Energy: You have a 30% chance to deal 12.5% of weapon damage as Radiant damage with every strike. This damage ignores half of the targets damage resistance. (This is the enchant that comes with the level 60 Delzoun Epic weapon from the Delzoun Epic chest as part of the Founders pack.)
  • ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yep da best, every 3 hit "here's your 65 pure dmg in your face buddy, I hope it burns brillantly!"
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm gonna get Lifedrinker. Supposedly a +5% lifesteal chance could do wonders combined with guarded assault.
  • kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please, increase the size of new artifact mainhand, it looks more like an oversized toothpick than longsword.
    http://i.imgur.com/ThqGbiT.jpg
  • ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bleeehhh this is some ugly sword breaker... Art designer shoud get whipping for this.
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
  • dwamurdwamur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Elemental Alliance Assault: Stats are shuffled instead of just slightly higher compared to Alliance Assault (less crit, more recovery and arpen); whereas Elemental Alliance Ward has the same stats as Alliance Ward, just slightly higher. Is this intentional?

Elemental Elven Ward: Stats shuffled compared to Elven Ward (less regen, more deflect); whereas Elemental Elven Assault has the same stats as Elven Assault, just slighty higher. Is this intentional?

Elemental Black Ice: Corrupt and Purified don't have the same stat totals. Is this intentional?
    Purified has more Power and Crit than Corrupt, whereas Corrupt has Deflect, which Purified lacks. The stat distribution seems a bit odd, possibly actually backwards. Was it intentional to put Deflect on Corrupt and Power and Crit on Purified?

Bug BI crafting:
    The Elemental Burning Gladiator / Executioner give the right results, but the tasks themselves are not named Gladiator and Executioner as they should be
  • runonnikerunonnike Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Burning PvP Equipment:

This gear can only be equipped by paladins.

The stats of "Burning Executioner" armor seem randomly distributed. Currently, my mod 5, level 60 "Black Ice" gear gives 1,301 power. However, the "Executioner" set gives 1,293 even though it is level 70. Another stat I am disliking is armor penetration. "Black Ice" gives 732 of this stat. However, "Burning Executioner" gets none. The "critical strike" stat is one that is not very important to guardian fighters. I would like to see the "Burning Executioner" set have more power and armor penetration and less critical strike.

I know the 2/4 set bonus hasn't been set yet, but I would not like to see any more "defense" in this place. The reworks with defense left it nearly useless. Besides, bull charge and lunging strike give me enough of this stat.I would like to see an offensive stat for the 2/4 set bonus. Perhaps power or armor penetration, but not critical strike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.