test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Transfer 18,000 ZEN to Neverwinter and get 4 cool companions and epic mount!

Comments

• Options
    nautilus777nautilus777 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmm, does this mean that we will see more Tanar'ri in the future?
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    After the promotion, I'm sure there will be plenty of the Magus available on the AH. Just spend your astral diamonds that you earned in game on it. No cash needed.
    I bet everyone will be able to get one from next Simril event :D If we survive that long.
    Hmm, does this mean that we will see more Tanar'ri in the future?

I believe they have eliminated that awesome part of the nine gates - . -
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was going to buy more zen anyway, so this is great. I wanted that Harper Bard, so I am buying enough zen so I get him. BTW, it costs 1 million AD to make your companion Legendary in preview and it says you get a 15% bonus of the companions stats or some such thing.

I decided that Elemental Evil should be called Elemental Evil:Rise Of The Companions

With Mod 6, many of our stats are being reduced as we level to 70 in order to set a new baseline from which to eventually reward stronger gear. Hit Points is one stat that we can rely on it seems...as the theory goes.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If this deal was the companions were account wide, id be all in. I got 16 toons, and all of them need crit severity.

No deal at just one magnus.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I love the QA they do on items and posts. The blog post for the campaign boosts was backwards, and now the tool tip for the Bard has several obvious spelling errors.

/wow
  • Options
    chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Not really. You can still log into the game and play it, for free. None of the game content or the classes are locked behind any sort of paywall.

It's like going out to eat at a restaurant where the entire buffet is free, including sodas and water to drink...but if you want alcohol, you need to buy it...would you complain that the restaurant sucks because the food isn't really free (since you can't get your beer without paying)? All the "free" food is being paid for by those people who are happy to pony up some cash for some extra drinks with dinner.

Actually it's more like going to a restaurant where the buffet is free and if you want a soda or water you have to buy a bottle of Dom Perignon for $300 and then they give you soda and water for free.

Unless you have another way of getting those companions (even for $) but without transferring $200.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chrcore wrote: »
    Unless you have another way of getting those companions (even for $) but without transferring $200.

Inevitably a bunch will end up on the AH. Buy them there without using real money. Problem solved.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    elvenangerelvenanger Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    arrgh never mind...
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Honestly? If I transferred 18,000 ZEN into NW, I wouldn't have to worry about companions. I wouldn't be able to play NW because I'd be dead. My wife would kill me for spending that much money on a game.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Inevitably a bunch will end up on the AH. Buy them there without using real money. Problem solved.

Unless they farmed Castle Never in beta or put down $200 for zen (which would defeat the purpose the the argument), kinda hard for players to buy expensive stuff on the auction house considering the rewards in PVE at the moment
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What would be cool is if they had sort of "running tally bonuses", where your total expenditure on the game is kept track of, indefinitely, and you earn reward points at different milestones - sort of like the invocation coins - you could spend those points on different rewards...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    elvenangerelvenanger Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    What would be cool is if they had sort of "running tally bonuses", where your total expenditure on the game is kept track of, indefinitely, and you earn reward points at different milestones - sort of like the invocation coins - you could spend those points on different rewards...

That would be so cool!

Those companions look amazing, I totally love that bard but...it's a bit out of my rage this time. :(

I'd love to see them become part of the normal shop someday, even if they were in a diminished status or wearing a different colour of gear.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    The people who complain are probably ones who I imagine do or have supported the game. The ones who don't contribute at all probably don't care as either way they wouldn't be able to afford it. The general amount of people find it more unfair that they want to support the game and get all of the stuff, but not at a rate in which they feel milked.

I tend to agree - people who kick in $5 here or $10 there kinda get the short end of the stick with these promotions. Those people may very well stick around for a longer period of time, and may spend more over their tenure with the game, but because they're not dropping that amount all at once, they don't get anything extra. The "first time buyer's pack" is more in line with the kind of stuff we need to see...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Let me just make sure I understand this: The amount of zen I need to buy is additive between the start and end date and not needed to buy all in one transaction, correct?
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let me just make sure I understand this: The amount of zen I need to buy is additive between the start and end date and not needed to buy all in one transaction, correct?

Yes. I had to make two purchases to get the total. I was going to purchase some zen anyways, and getting 5 Companions and Epic Mount (That I will sell) was a win-win.

Spent my budget for a while, but that is fine.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yes. I had to make two purchases to get the total. I was going to purchase some zen anyways, and getting 5 Companions and Epic Mount (That I will sell) was a win-win.

Spent my budget for a while, but that is fine.

Thanks....too bad we have to wait until the 18th. I would like to have been able to level one of the companions this weekend.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Things are pricey in general here but I always like these kinds of promotions and free goodies. One thing neverwinter does really well. Also, it really seems like the companions look awesome compared to very many of the actual available armor sets for player characters. Don't know why that is!
  • Options
    malvolio11malvolio11 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Like the above posts it is absolutely free if you intend on charging your Zen any time soon. I personally am not planning on buying Zen but if these unlocks were account wide not just 1 use I would actually think about it.

I would imagine if these were account wide many more people would buy them
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    last promotion event like this was buying 10.000 Zen and getting all in all 5 companions 01/15 i guess, 2 epic, 3 blues
    purple: vulcanic galebm, red cap powry
    blue: harfner, priest and a dead dog
    they need money if starting all two month such a promotion pack i guess, Zen is highly requested for exchange atm
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    they need money if starting all two month such a promotion pack i guess, Zen is highly requested for exchange atm

OFC they need the money - it's what pays their rent, fills their fridges,...

These events are somewhat regular on a 6-8 weeks rota, as far as I can remember. Prizes and prices vary, but it's ever so often again. And that one is probably put up to make people consider buying their ZEN with cash instead of AD, and to preemptively buffer the temporary dent in their income due to the delay of the Oathbound Paladin Booster Pack's release...
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    This seems very tantalizing. Not only are the companions quite good, but so is the mount. And two of the companions are epic which would help a lot with gateway's sword coast adventures - to beat the final castle.

What you guys think?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9066273

0079149bb3609758b4c1e69f18b363c81426216374.png

efd7e917b63542a8d868e0a032acc29f1426216358.png

cb90fcbe902f5d5f86c5347db4543dee1426273198.png

3c551a30e4b81e4720740171c90eb5611426216435.png

Plus the mount.

Nope none of them are worth the amount of zen you have to spend to qualify for the promo. Aimed at the wallet whales, nothing more. Priestess of Sune on promo again? I'll be damned if I'm paying 3k zen for that rubbish companion. The Cambion Magus seems okay but once again not worth the 9k zen you need to fork out.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Think of it like this. What if World of Warcraft gave out free stuff for people who purchased a 6-month subscription? You get the bonus stuff AND your six months of game time.

Since Neverwinter doesn't have a subscription option, think of this as being similar. You get the pets and mount for FREE for transferring Zen into the game. You still have all your Zen to spend on whatever you want. If you think in the future you might drop some Zen on the game, now's a good time to purchase Zen, because you get some very good pets for free.

But people will complain about anything...even if it's things that OTHER people spend THEIR money on so YOU can have a free game to play. It's pretty ridiculous.

Nice try to put a positive spin on it but without the subs you cannot play WoW, however, you can absolutely play NW without spending any zen. The one is not nearly the same as the other.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would like the bard for a character but will wait as can not afford it right now, but been seeing some bard companions makes me think there working on a bard class. Maybe after druid class comes out not sure but hope the sale happens again next week end when I have some extra money to spend.
  • Options
    one2b2one2b2 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would like the bard for a character but will wait as can not afford it right now, but been seeing some bard companions makes me think there working on a bard class. Maybe after druid class comes out not sure but hope the sale happens again next week end when I have some extra money to spend.

ok me i random post ...cause i wanna get the priest package from the web page....so i wanted to know if it Qualify...as charge (zen) whats so ever (qualify for the charge rewards ) ??? is any mod can answer to that ty
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Nice try to put a positive spin on it but without the subs you cannot play WoW, however, you can absolutely play NW without spending any zen. The one is not nearly the same as the other.

True and since these companions are very non Essentials, i have no idea what all the whining is all about? Its basicly just an extra incentiment for people to purchase zen, and in buying zen supporting the game and letting all the non paying customers(aka the freeloaders) continue to play this game.
    Personaly i wouldnt mind buying 18k zen, but tbh there is absolutely nothing worth buying in the zen store imo, the only thing worth anything these days is Blood rubies, and ill be damned if i pay that absurd Price they are asking for those.. thing i spend a total of 300-400 dollars on this game, but well havent spend any Money for almost a year, mostly because there isnt anything i want, and i aint gonna Invest irl Money in refining stuff only to see cryptic make it useless 1-2 months later... And yeah the rest of my needs my leadership farm can take care of.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The only time I go out of my way to buy zen is if I pick up one of those discount tokens in-game for refinement, which means I get to buy a Coal Ward for a decent price for a change. I may be tempted to buy the Air Archon when that is available in Mod 6. But absolutely nothing else piques my interest on the zen market.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Nope none of them are worth the amount of zen you have to spend to qualify for the promo. Aimed at the wallet whales, nothing more. Priestess of Sune on promo again? I'll be damned if I'm paying 3k zen for that rubbish companion. The Cambion Magus seems okay but once again not worth the 9k zen you need to fork out.

I just don't think you understand the promotion. You're not buying the companion. You're buying Zen. You get your 3000 Zen and the Priestess of Sune as a bonus. When you transfer 3000 Zen into Neverwinter, you still have every last cent to buy whatever you want. Get it?

Going price on the Priestess of Sune is 350-450k AD. That's worth an extra 700-900 Zen. That's more or less like saying "Buy 3000 Zen, get 30% bonus Zen" to a smart player.

The Bard is going for about 700k. Volanic Galeb Duhr is over a million. The mage and the scorpion have really good active effects, and I would guess would also be in the million+ range. That bear mount has been on the AH for anywhere from 5 to 12 million AD.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1