test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Transfer 18,000 ZEN to Neverwinter and get 4 cool companions and epic mount!

vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I'll just leave it here
fktwfo.jpg
Post edited by vasdamas on

Comments

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They've been in the companion collection for a while, but their source was unknown.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Black_Death_Scorpion
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Cambion_Magus
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    New Charge Rewards Promotion: Earn Exclusive Companions Today!
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zebular wrote: »

Nice, boost your crit severity to the top. Might be not bad idea to stick to vorpal now >.>
    With that monstrous crit severity one can get. I guess that's blade > erinyes > magus. 25% extra crit severity from just the companions.
  • Options
    doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zebular wrote: »

Are there nothing but rich people that have nothing else to spend $200 on playing this game? Seriously why not run some poor people promos once a month for a few months, you know something that aims to get $20 a month from players instead of like 200? Say maybe the first of every month you get bonus zen or something all these promos seem to be getting more and more expensive.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah I posted a bunch of the new companions in the preview section last week but had no idea what promotion they would be included in , Cambion magus looks like a chaos daemon prince from Warhammer 40k xD

nl54pJm.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Are there nothing but rich people that have nothing else to spend $200 on playing this game? Seriously why not run some poor people promos once a month for a few months, you know something that aims to get $20 a month from players instead of like 200? Say maybe the first of every month you get bonus zen or something all these promos seem to be getting more and more expensive.

You get the companions for free as a bonus for transferring Zen into Neverwinter. You're not actually buying the companions.

If you transfer 3000 Zen, you get the Priestess of Sune for free AND whatever you want to buy with 3000 Zen.

The pets are purely a bonus.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Looks cool..i wish they could make a succubus companion too..i mean who doesnt want them :P
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Good way to inject some Zen in the Zax, not sure about reoffering some companions from the last promotions though, was waiting for the Galeb to go up on AH before selling mine, guess I'll have to wait longer.:p
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Dat black scorpion bonus... lol
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015

There was a promo a while back to spend $5, get a green ioun stone. Very nice offer (which unfortunately was bugged and subsequently exploited, but that's a different matter...)
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There was a promo a while back to spend $5, get a green ioun stone. Very nice offer (which unfortunately was bugged and subsequently exploited, but that's a different matter...)

Yeah the Ioun stone of Radiance promotion was fantastic , transfer 1000 zen into the game to qualify , I got it by simply doing the peanut lab offers lmfao , as far as I know it is still one of the best augments available when upgraded plus in module six it is finally getting a new skin , golden/bright yellow ,it looks sweet .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This seems very tantalizing. Not only are the companions quite good, but so is the mount. And two of the companions are epic which would help a lot with gateway's sword coast adventures - to beat the final castle.

What you guys think?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9066273

0079149bb3609758b4c1e69f18b363c81426216374.png

efd7e917b63542a8d868e0a032acc29f1426216358.png

cb90fcbe902f5d5f86c5347db4543dee1426273198.png

3c551a30e4b81e4720740171c90eb5611426216435.png

Plus the mount.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Isn't the Cambion also epic?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Isn't the Cambion also epic?

they didnt all fit:

d304abb58668d815361b3fa15257ed561426216395.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The Cambion Magus is fantastic and you have to spend money.

The companions are free. A free extra gift if you buy the zEN.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wonder how SCA will work with all companions getting 5 additional max levels for free - in essence, all the companions offered will be "epic+" once Mod 6 goes live.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I wonder how SCA will work with all companions getting 5 additional max levels for free - in essence, all the companions offered will be "epic+" once Mod 6 goes live.

do you have to pay AD to get them to the next tier or is it 100% free? Seems too good to be true.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    do you have to pay AD to get them to the next tier or is it 100% free? Seems too good to be true.

Yes, 100% free...

I'll try to find the article/post where it says that.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While I agree that the tiers required to get each reward are rather high, I do want to point out that you still get the Zen - it's not like you spend X amount to *just* get the companions - and with the market backlogged like it is now, you can get the most ADs for that Zen... or use it on the XP boosters or campaign completions that are also currently discounted...

The blue Ioun stone and additional character slots also being on sale are rather nice in their timing.

You do indeed get Zen, but you're forced to spend a huge amount of money to get something competitive. That's the kicker. It doesn't really matter that you get the Cambion + 12,000 Zen for the cost of 12,000 Zen, it matters that there is an unavoidable cost. 12,000 Zen isn't that hard to scrape together in game.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited March 2015
    I really would love the Cambion for more crit sev, but all these companions are single claim only. I guess that means you only get 1 per account and not 1 per character.
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Curious " All items are single claim and Bind on Equip." in the descriptions.

However the picture of the mount Lord's Armored Polar Bear indicates that it is Bound (character). While all the other items are BoE.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Here are the details about the free companion level cap increase:

Preview Patch Notes

Of particular note is:
    panderus wrote:
    Companions can now earn Legendary quality and gain up to rank 40 with new passive powers to unlock! Companions can all also gain 5 new ranks regardless of their current quality.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Here are the details about the free companion level cap increase:

Preview Patch Notes

Of particular note is:

Ty for that :)

Looks like it means you can get 5 free levels but you'll then have to pay the AD cost to increase the new Tier and unlock legendary.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeh you have to pay, or atleast last time I checked preview you did
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I want a Drider companion just for the vocals - "Fear the Demon Web", "I'm Lolth's Mistress".

I always think it's funny in Tiamat when someone has a summoned Erinyes fighting another Erinyes - of course it dies in one hit though
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    Ty for that :)

Looks like it means you can get 5 free levels but you'll then have to pay the AD cost to increase the new Tier and unlock legendary.

Here's what I'd recommend - copy a character, with a companion you like, and as many companion XP tomes as you have, over to test, level up that companion, and see what the cost is to upgrade them. Now compare that cost to live, and see if you are better off paying now, then benefiting from the free 5 levels after Mod 6 hits live...
  • Options
    taymmataymma Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wow! I looked at the prices they are charging for what is essentially imaginary goodies and decided I can live without them. If the prices were the same as the last time with 10,000 zen the highest tier, maybe. That same $180 will pay for a weeks worth of groceries for my family, or a couple of nice outfits. Maybe if this was all I had in my life I could justify it, but it isn't. I don't play every day and I really don't want to, so again for me it is wasted money. I'm sure there are lots of you with the kind of disposable income that it won't impact you in any way. Besides I've already spent what amounts to a small fortune in the zen store and need to stop anyway. Now is a good time to do just that. ;)
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Think of it like this. What if World of Warcraft gave out free stuff for people who purchased a 6-month subscription? You get the bonus stuff AND your six months of game time.

Since Neverwinter doesn't have a subscription option, think of this as being similar. You get the pets and mount for FREE for transferring Zen into the game. You still have all your Zen to spend on whatever you want. If you think in the future you might drop some Zen on the game, now's a good time to purchase Zen, because you get some very good pets for free.

But people will complain about anything...even if it's things that OTHER people spend THEIR money on so YOU can have a free game to play. It's pretty ridiculous.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Not really. You can still log into the game and play it, for free. None of the game content or the classes are locked behind any sort of paywall.

It's like going out to eat at a restaurant where the entire buffet is free, including sodas and water to drink...but if you want alcohol, you need to buy it...would you complain that the restaurant sucks because the food isn't really free (since you can't get your beer without paying)? All the "free" food is being paid for by those people who are happy to pony up some cash for some extra drinks with dinner.

That's how this works. And they make no effort to hide that. Your free play time and content is being subsidized by people who enjoy spending THEIR entertainment dollars on imaginary unicorns and fake elves. But that's their right to decide how they spend their own money.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1