test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Heroic Encounters/Glory/AD/False outrage

everwee1everwee1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
panderus wrote: »
Items and Economy
  • Heroic Encounter Rewards are now clamped to level 60 values if earned then.

Okay, so this next mod literally has hundreds of bugs, and seems to be removing more content then adding content. So much so that the mod was pushed back a few weeks(first time I've seen this in the MMO industry, admittedly limited game titles... but over 15 years) and yet there is time to 'fix' what some people viewed as an exploit. And as expected, these people are now happy with the result.

My question is... why stop at Heroic Encounters?

Is it fair, that someone can farm 50k glory/Seal of Triumph's/Grym Coin's right now in mod 5.... and on day one of mod 6 have a full lvl 70 pvp set within seconds?

Is it fair, that someone can farm millions of AD under mod 5 and then use that same AD to buy mod 6 gear?

Is it fair, that someone can farm millions of RP via Dragon's Hoard Enchantments under mod 5 and then use that mod 5 RP to refine mod 6 artifacts?

Is it fair, that someone can farm thousands of Kessel's Sigil's/Icewind Dale Treasure Cache's in mod 5 and then use them to refine mod 6 gear with, turning a rank 1 lvl 70 artifact into a legendary on day 1 of mod 6?

Is it fair, that someone can farm Linu's Favor in mod 5, and then on day one buy lvl 70 Greater Cloaks and Off hands before they can even use them?

Is it fair, that someone can farm the ingredients to the Main Hand, and on day one of mod 6 be able to craft a lvl 70 Main Hand weapon?

Etc Etc Etc

To all the people who cheer this decision, stop being hypocritical and demand all of the above! Stand up for what you believe in, fairness for all. Everyone's account needs to be wiped of all AD, all gear, all levels, all characters. Completely new start for everyone. How else can we be fair?
Post edited by everwee1 on

Comments

• Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What mmo has ever wiped an entire persons progress and currency and work in each new essential expansion? Now thats Absurd.
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    this isn't a simple black or white thing

relativity plays a huge role here

the WOD heroic encounter prefarming was close to being an exploit imo

you're literally getting level 70 gear (or were) for doing level 60 content....i don't think it was ever intentional, at least i hope not, and well, now it seems to be fixed...

to put it in a little more context...if you remember, back when ppl were soloing normal dungeons and getting epic tier 2/3 loot from the dungeon chests, which was bugged...

even more context, imagine you're doing a level 10 dungeon on your level 10 toon and you're getting level 60 gear...it's just...asinine to think this is "legit" haha

none of your examples are relevant, except for maybe the pvp gear, but in that situation, really, pvp is so dynamic, you could be farming glory since level 10....

the only "fair" part was that ANYONE could be farming heroics, but everything else about it was pretty sketchy
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What mmo has ever wiped an entire persons progress and currency and work in each new essential expansion? Now thats Absurd.

exaggerate much?

as much as i dislike the whole artifact thing...you don't really NEED any of the BiS gear to complete content, it's just honestly for bragging rights and show

lol @ "wiped an entire persons progress and currency" wtf
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bugs and exploits need to be fixed. Nobody is supposed to save all the Dragon Herald rewards now and magically get better rewards in Mod 6. It is an exploit. It needs to be fixed although it should not take 25 days.

The glory coin farming now is fair since everybody can farm them now. Nobody has to pay for glories. The rich doesn't get richer. It is fair.

Farming AD is hard to say fair or unfair. We don't even know what are the best gear when Mod 6 comes. As it stands now, the best PvE gear is still T2. It is dirt cheap. The best PvP gear is the level 70 Domination set. Either of them doesn't need much AD.

Farming Linu's is not a huge problem. Linu's are only needed to get the off-hand and only 15 of them are needed. The other pieces like the Cloak is tradeable. It is not that big an issue. The real issue is the cost of the RP, which will remain an issue regardless of how many more Linu's you can farm due to the delay of release of Mod 6.

I don't know the exact Kessel Sigil thing that needed to refine mod 6 gear, maybe somebody can fill me in.

The main hand should also not be a concern. I believe most people have done enough ToD campaigns long since the announcement of Module 6 a month ago.

The main concern is the ridiculous RP system. The problem remains unresolved.

Other people have concerns over class balances but I think it is an ongoing issue.

Overall, I think the delay is not a huge issue that will benefit a lot of players, but I also think a week or 10 days instead of 25 are enough.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i agree with you about glory and seals should not be a way to get the new pvp gear with prefarmed glory.
    about farming astral diamonds here you are wrong if no new gear to buy how you will use your astrals to buy it, same goes for the refinement point items and also the kessel sigils they are refinement source too.
    about linus again i agree you should farm linus from the new tiamat to get the new offhands-cloaks.
    AND also i agree about the ingredients you should have new ingredients based on module 6 to craft a weapon.

IN General you should not able at first minute-day to get gear that is based on module 6 without actually farm it.ONLY lockbox should give that option for the poeple rush to get the things faster and want support and the game buying zen.

ANd is different when in module 5 the encounter give draconic level 4-coffer-old artifact gear-
    in module 6 gives resonances-70 level artifact gear-draconic level 5 is too much to become true.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    everwee1 wrote: »
    Okay, so this next mod literally has hundreds of bugs, and seems to be removing more content then adding content. So much so that the mod was pushed back a few weeks(first time I've seen this in the MMO industry, admittedly limited game titles... but over 15 years) and yet there is time to 'fix' what some people viewed as an exploit. And as expected, these people are now happy with the result.

Is it fair, that someone can farm 50k glory/Seal of Triumph's/Grym Coin's right now in mod 5.... and on day one of mod 6 have a full lvl 70 pvp set within seconds? Yes it is, besides they still need to get to lv 70 like everyone else

Is it fair, that someone can farm millions of AD under mod 5 and then use that same AD to buy mod 6 gear? Yes, why would you take away someone's AD away because.. I don't know?

Is it fair, that someone can farm millions of RP via Dragon's Hoard Enchantments under mod 5 and then use that mod 5 RP to refine mod 6 artifacts? Yes

Is it fair, that someone can farm thousands of Kessel's Sigil's/Icewind Dale Treasure Cache's in mod 5 and then use them to refine mod 6 gear with, turning a rank 1 lvl 70 artifact into a legendary on day 1 of mod 6? Yes

Is it fair, that someone can farm Linu's Favor in mod 5, and then on day one buy lvl 70 Greater Cloaks and Off hands before they can even use them? Yes

Is it fair, that someone can farm the ingredients to the Main Hand, and on day one of mod 6 be able to craft a lvl 70 Main Hand weapon?Now that shouldn't be necessary it's also given in quest reward for reaching lv 70 and at the end of the 4 new zones quest line. But even if that wasn't the case, it would still be yes

Etc Etc Etc

To all the people who cheer this decision, stop being hypocritical and demand all of the above! Stand up for what you believe in, fairness for all. Everyone's account needs to be wiped of all AD, all gear, all levels, all characters. Completely new start for everyone. How else can we be fair?

Great idea ! let's create a mass exodus to ESO! Worst idea I ever saw sorry.

It only seems to me you were sadly too lazy to prepare your account for mod 6 unlike other players, your suggestion goes against the logic of all MMOs, read history to find out what happens when devs of a game reset it (such as going from game 1 going to game 2) and people have to start over? people don't, they change games
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bugs and exploits need to be fixed. Nobody is supposed to save all the Dragon Herald rewards now and magically get better rewards in Mod 6. It is an exploit. It needs to be fixed although it should not take 25 days.

Correct.
    The glory coin farming now is fair since everybody can farm them now. Nobody has to pay for glories. The rich doesn't get richer. It is fair.

And how this is diffrent from farming HE now, and open later? What is the diffrence with farming glory now( on lv60 content) and use to buy l70 stuff?
    you don't really NEED any of the BiS gear to complete content, it's just honestly for bragging rights and show

And u also dont need to be competitive, thats why u r still riding this old bike from '60 evrywhere, right? It still good right? A bit rusty, no shifting, long not working breaker. But u dont need a better wehicle, for sure not a car, or even bus.

Ohh, if ppl would stop lying to themself.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    edited March 2015

I was being sarcastic... Did you even read what I wrote?
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    you're literally getting level 70 gear (or were) for doing level 60 content....i don't think it was ever intentional, at least i hope not, and well, now it seems to be fixed...
    Are you not literally getting lvl 70 gear for doing level 60 content farming glory/linu's?
    healary wrote: »

Farming AD is hard to say fair or unfair. We don't even know what are the best gear when Mod 6 comes. As it stands now, the best PvE gear is still T2. It is dirt cheap. The best PvP gear is the level 70 Domination set. Either of them doesn't need much AD.

Farming Linu's is not a huge problem. Linu's are only needed to get the off-hand and only 15 of them are needed. The other pieces like the Cloak is tradeable. It is not that big an issue.
    Wait what? On one hand you think 'magically' getting mod 6 gear is an exploit for doing mod 5 dragon heralds but on the other hand 'magically' getting mod 6 gear for saving glory in mod 5 isn't??? And somehow glory/linu's farming is fair since everyone can farm them now is different from everyone farming dragon heralds is different how? Wut
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    It only seems to me you were sadly too lazy to prepare your account for mod 6 unlike other players, your suggestion goes against the logic of all MMOs, read history to find out what happens when devs of a game reset it (such as going from game 1 going to game 2) and people have to start over? people don't, they change games

Another person that wasn't able to grasp my sarcastic tone.

I'm sorry. I should have been more clear...
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Another person that wasn't able to grasp my sarcastic tone.

I'm sorry. I should have been more clear...

You're probably right, I can't hear text very well either :P

Sarcasm doesn't translate very well in text, and we get all kinds of folks on the forums..so sometimes it's hard to tell.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is annoying they fixed it but it isn't really a huge deal , the drop rate from the HE's for the lvl 70 belts looks similar to what it is for lvl 60 ones so within a couple of weeks they will be super cheap anyways.

Is it fair, that someone can farm 50k glory/Seal of Triumph's/Grym Coin's right now in mod 5.... and on day one of mod 6 have a full lvl 70 pvp set within seconds?

I must admit it does seem weird and pretty unfair that pvpers can farm for their BiS gear pre module 6 yet the new gear that has been added for pve players is bought with 2 entirely new currencies that cannot be pre farmed but whatever.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    It is annoying they fixed it but it isn't really a huge deal , the drop rate from the HE's for the lvl 70 belts looks similar to what it is for lvl 60 ones so within a couple of weeks they will be super cheap anyways.

I must admit it does seem weird and pretty unfair that pvpers can farm for their BiS gear pre module 6 yet the new gear that has been added for pve players is bought with 2 entirely new currencies that cannot be pre farmed but whatever.

we dont know how difficult will be the new heralds dont be so sure :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    we dont know how difficult will be the new heralds dont be so sure :)

I doubt anybody is going to bother leveling any artifact belts before a 2x event anyways so we probably have plenty of time , no rush :)
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I doubt anybody is going to bother leveling any artifact belts before a 2x event anyways so we probably have plenty of time , no rush :)

Some will, we call them relentless BiS ones.

But yeah most will w8 till double rp, especialy since the took our HE rewards. QQ

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Is it fair, that someone can farm millions of AD under mod 5 and then use that same AD to buy mod 6 gear?

Is it fair, that someone can farm millions of RP via Dragon's Hoard Enchantments under mod 5 and then use that mod 5 RP to refine mod 6 artifacts?

Is it fair, that someone can farm thousands of Kessel's Sigil's/Icewind Dale Treasure Cache's in mod 5 and then use them to refine mod 6 gear with, turning a rank 1 lvl 70 artifact into a legendary on day 1 of mod 6?

Is it fair, that someone can farm Linu's Favor in mod 5, and then on day one buy lvl 70 Greater Cloaks and Off hands before they can even use them?

Is it fair, that someone can farm the ingredients to the Main Hand, and on day one of mod 6 be able to craft a lvl 70 Main Hand weapon?

Etc Etc Etc

You can go right ahead and wipe YOUR entire account back to 0 in the name of "fairness" if you wish, I personally don't think its very fair to take away what others have been grinding out for quite a while. Some of us have been playing more than a couple of months and have managed to accumulate massive amounts of things yeah, that doesn't mean it should all be taken away because someone else hasn't.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Maybe they should add a special currency for T3 PvP gear earned during Module 6 dailies that's the analog to the Seal of Triumph. Sure, you can save the glory, but you'll still need to grind for x days to get enough seals of X to actually buy the gear.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Maybe they should add a special currency for T3 PvP gear earned during Module 6 dailies that's the analog to the Seal of Triumph. Sure, you can save the glory, but you'll still need to grind for x days to get enough seals of X to actually buy the gear.

Yeah something like that and I'd be surprised if Graaxl3 hasn't already though of it ,it just seems off that the pve players have to wait till module 6 then they have to not only unlock rank 5 BI crafting but also then grind out 1800 seals of the protector to be able to get what is until now the BiS gear for pvers while the pvpers can just pre grind all the glory and seals of triumph and start picking up their gear on day one. .
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is not a forum for philosophical or ideological debate.
    If you advocate pre-farming Heroic Encounters to get the module 6 reward, then start a thread about it.
    If you are opposed to pre-farming glory/seals/coins, then make a thread about it.
    After reading the original post multiple times, I still cant figure out if the original poster is for or against pre-farming.

The point of the original post seems to be "be fair" and "don't be a hypocrite".
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Farming Linu's is not a huge problem. Linu's are only needed to get the off-hand and only 15 of them are needed. The other pieces like the Cloak is tradeable. It is not that big an issue. The real issue is the cost of the RP, which will remain an issue regardless of how many more Linu's you can farm due to the delay of release of Mod 6.

From what I've heard, farming Linu's WILL be a big deal in mod 6.

From what I've heard and seen, RP will be far more plentiful. That is mostly what people would get from pre-farming Heralds. At this point, it's not even bound. If it stays unbound or not, it will bring down both the cost and price of RP. Either the supply goes up, or the demand goes down.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    2 different things going on here....

1) HEs dropping 70 gear at lvl 60. That's poor game design. It's fixed.
    2) People prepping for level 70 gear by farming glory/seals ahead of time. That's players thinking ahead. Complaining about this is like complaining about peeps stockpiling RPs for double RP weekend. TPTB might add an additional lvl 70 currency to gear costs, but planning for the future by doing what you can today is always a wise move. Just ask my various retirement accounts....

Nothing to see here, move along.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    why you can decide when to open the reward is a better question.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    2) People prepping for level 70 gear by farming glory/seals ahead of time. That's players thinking ahead.

You seem to be missing the point - New BiS pvp sets are pre farmable , New BiS pve gear is not since you need a new currency to purchase it.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I get what you're saying. I just don't consider it an issue. TPTB might add an additional currency, but farming ahead of time is ALWAYS a good idea.

THAT is the true point.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I get what you're saying. I just don't consider it an issue. TPTB might add an additional currency, but farming ahead of time is ALWAYS a good idea.

THAT is the true point.

Then why cant PVE people farm for the new gear ahead of time? You're right, it is always a GOOD idea, and i would LOVE to be able to do it for my PVE gear as well as my PVP gear.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    drtysnchz wrote: »
    Then why cant PVE people farm for the new gear ahead of time? You're right, it is always a GOOD idea, and i would LOVE to be able to do it for my PVE gear as well as my PVP gear.

come on you see you are always the ones complaining.
    So me as a pvpers i demand to not touch pve never again to gear myself and to be able to make a fortune by only playing pvp.
    just play have fun, or do gaunt and the dungeons after to stack glory.

edit: the reason for which pvpers can prefarm is that even with the new set they would still playing.
    while giving pvers the set a soon as possible without further content would mean losing 50% and more of the playerbase.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    drtysnchz wrote: »

PvE gear sets drop from Dungeons. PvP gear is bought. You can't run unreleased content, but you CAN save currency. Dem's the breaks.

I'm nearly exclusively PvE. Lack of PvE pre-farming doesn't bother me. It means dungeons will once more become relevant.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    sangrine wrote: »
    This is not a forum for philosophical or ideological debate.
    If you advocate pre-farming Heroic Encounters to get the module 6 reward, then start a thread about it.
    If you are opposed to pre-farming glory/seals/coins, then make a thread about it.
    After reading the original post multiple times, I still cant figure out if the original poster is for or against pre-farming.

The point of the original post seems to be "be fair" and "don't be a hypocrite".

You would think a direct dialog would be beneficial. But with the way I've seen these forums modderated. It seemed allegory was the best way to discuss the dev's decision to 'fix' this 'exploit'.

On one hand the thread hasn't been deleted, but on the other most people seem to have missed the entire point I was trying to get across.

I was trying to show the absurdity of removing prefarmed dragon herald when the mod has hundreds of problems. They dedicated time to 'fix' this 'exploit' instead of delivering content or fixing said bugs. While at the same time leaving numerous other ways to do the same exact thing they view as an 'exploit'.

For further clarification, I do not want anything I listed in the first post to occur, nor do I want dragon herald loots nerfed.
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    healary wrote: »

no one in pve can save any curency to buy lv 70 set gear but pvp players can this is a exploite as well i have no problem with pvp players buying rings belts and necks with there saved glory but lv 70 full sets with set bonuses is wrong
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I have no problem grinding for my gear, there are items on test right now that you can buy with new seals that aren't available on live yet, they have to be farmed, i accept that. My issues lies with the PVP gear being ready for purchase out of the gate. Why cant they do the same to PVP that they did to PVE? Force them to grind a new seal for the gear like the PVE people are forced to do.
This discussion has been closed.