Install Arc
Options

Heroic Encounters/Glory/AD/False outrage

Comments

• Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    drtysnchz wrote: »
    I have no problem grinding for my gear, there are items on test right now that you can buy with new seals that aren't available on live yet, they have to be farmed, i accept that. My issues lies with the PVP gear being ready for purchase out of the gate. Why cant they do the same to PVP that they did to PVE? Force them to grind a new seal for the gear like the PVE people are forced to do.

+100000 totaly agree this is what needs to be done
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    +100000 totaly agree this is what needs to be done
    no prob i will buy artifacts to be ahead of you 30 levels on day one :P
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well it's easy to see where this will lead when one class of players are able to pre-farm their gear while the other class is not.

The answer is simple: give both groups of player the ability to pre-farm their gear legitimately. And we already kinda have that with the upgraded BI gear through the BI profession, which can serve as a semi-reasonable PVE set to be used while farming the 10 million seals that we will need to get our final PVE sets from the seal vendor. We can pre-farm black ice to get ready for mod6, although we will still need Unified Elements. Even still the upgraded BI gear is inferior to the lvl 70 PVP gear. So I would suggest the following:

- Tweaking the stats on the upgraded BI gear to make it more PVE-friendly (get rid of the tenacity and instead convert it into an equivalent amount of HP or Power, depending on Purified or Corrupted, respectively)

- Get rid of the Unified Elements barrier to the new gear.

We will still need to farm BI to maintain the gear, which is obnoxious especially since Mod6 IWD is going to be really hazardous, but at least we will be able to have something reasonable once we get to lvl 70 that PVE players can now prepare for, like the PVP players can.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    Well it's easy to see where this will lead when one class of players are able to pre-farm their gear while the other class is not.

The answer is simple: give both groups of player the ability to pre-farm their gear legitimately. And we already kinda have that with the upgraded BI gear through the BI profession, which can serve as a semi-reasonable PVE set to be used while farming the 10 million seals that we will need to get our final PVE sets from the seal vendor. We can pre-farm black ice to get ready for mod6, although we will still need Unified Elements. Even still the upgraded BI gear is inferior to the lvl 70 PVP gear. So I would suggest the following:

- Tweaking the stats on the upgraded BI gear to make it more PVE-friendly (get rid of the tenacity and instead convert it into an equivalent amount of HP or Power, depending on Purified or Corrupted, respectively)

- Get rid of the Unified Elements barrier to the new gear.

We will still need to farm BI to maintain the gear, which is obnoxious especially since Mod6 IWD is going to be really hazardous, but at least we will be able to have something reasonable once we get to lvl 70 that PVE players can now prepare for, like the PVP players can.

we will have to raise black ice to rank 5 and that was done via campain in mod 4 so this isnt a viable either
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    we will have to raise black ice to rank 5 and that was done via campain in mod 4 so this isnt a viable either

To get the upgraded BI gear in Mod 6, you only have to raise the BI profession to rank 4. Which, currently, requires 50,000 Black Ice and 10 Unified Elements.

I suggest getting rid of the 10 Unified Elements part.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    To get the upgraded BI gear in Mod 6, you only have to raise the BI profession to rank 4. Which, currently, requires 50,000 Black Ice and 10 Unified Elements.

50k black ice is crazzy i dont have that on any toon
    so get 50k blackice get 10 Unified Elements and then get 40k black ice and then have to get the mats for the gear so who is going to have that
  • Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I'm ok with the 50k BI, but again, I don't mind a grind to get somewhere, but I can def agree that the unified elements need to go.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The Op complains about 2 things:

First is the HE rewards.Since in mod6 HE rewards can have immenselly expensive arti gear ,i kinda agree on thr change that happened.Although it is still unfair for some guys that got soloing epic HEs while some others were doing sharandar and dread legion skirmish.I mean ,ok,not to get greater cloaks but at least the pre farmed HE rewards to give anything but that.That would be fair.
    I had a friend who was soloing HEs for a week.Soloing.And now-puff-all his efforts are gone.Is this fair to you?
    Lv65 or lv 70 without arti gear seems fair for me.

Second is the absurd suggestion about PVP seals and glory.So some think that fighting powries in arcane reservoir and 17k+ TRs in domination is the same thing?Sorry mates some people got frustrated in dom and hoarded glory and seals.While you were running PK and killing level 62 mobs.You cannot have the same reward as some guys that we farmed pvp.

I see a basis for your complain though:That you need PVE elite geat to compete in new zones.I agree on that.But in next friday new sets will be revealed from what i heard.If not,then BI T5 gear should have the "elements" thing removed.Not the BI though for the same reason as stated with pvp.
    You cannot have the same treatment and reward killing powries with corrupted bears.Nor to do your normal leadership and gain easy AD while the rest sacrifized AD in order to accumulate BI by refining it in proffesions.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    50k black ice is crazzy i dont have that on any toon
    so get 50k blackice get 10 Unified Elements and then get 40k black ice and then have to get the mats for the gear so who is going to have that

run kessel's skirmish.The bound rings/necklaces you gain salvage them.each gives 3k unrefined BI.If you run Kessel's one hour per day(4 skirmishes at least) you will have 4x 700 Bi plus at least one salvaged gear=3k BI.That is 5-6k BI per hour.Is it so difficult friend?
    Do one hour Kessel's per day for 2 weeks and you are prepared for lv70 :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    run kessel's skirmish.The bound rings/necklaces you gain salvage them.each gives 3k unrefined BI.If you run Kessel's one hour per day(4 skirmishes at least) you will have 4x 700 Bi plus at least one salvaged gear=3k BI.That is 5-6k BI per hour.Is it so difficult friend?
    Do one hour Kessel's per day for 2 weeks and you are prepared for lv70 :)

except i dont have lv 60 black ice gear to run it im a pve player noit a pvp player
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    except i dont have lv 60 black ice gear to run it im a pve player noit a pvp player

In order to run kessel's the only requirement is 13k gs and 20% Bi resistance.This can be acheieved by having just 2 pieces of any hellmet/chest/legs/main hand/off hand.

The skirmish by itself is a walk in the park 90% of players run it with out soulforged equipped.
    You can find groups for running kesels in legit channel.

To aquire the two pieces of BI gear and upgrade the you ll'need to do the dailies of IWD for a week or so.
    You have to sacrifise your Tiamat/WoD runs and dedicate some time to IWD.And you don't have to play for hours.Just do the dailies there for a week.Then skirmish kessel one hour per day.I did not told you to play 24/7. With 2 -3 hours per day you will be ready.:)
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Current black ice gear is usable in PVP and PVE; the tenacity is a bonus.

If you have Black Ice Shaping at rank 3 already (which I assume you do if you're talking about getting BI gear in Mod6), just make a couple pieces of the BI gear right now, and head into Kessels. You can buy any 2 pieces of head/chest/feet/OH and then craft them up, which is enough to give the BI resistance you need to enter. I'm pretty sure you can switch back to your T2 gear once you enter.

Edit: Bah, ninja'd.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I get what you're saying. I just don't consider it an issue. TPTB might add an additional currency, but farming ahead of time is ALWAYS a good idea.

THAT is the true point.

And that is the reason it needs to be made fairer , they aren't removing drake seals from the game yet instead of letting pve players prefarm them they added a whole new currency just for the elven elemental gear so there is no reason why a new currency isn't added for the pvp gear too
    PvE gear sets drop from Dungeons. PvP gear is bought. You can't run unreleased content, but you CAN save currency. Dem's the breaks.

At the moment the only pve gear listed on preview is the stuff you need to buy from the seal vendor for a new currency that only comes out in module 6 then you need to upgrade it using rank 5 BI shaping.

Yeah but to be able to craft the new (current) BiS pve gear on preview you need to farm 1800 seals of the protector to buy the basic elven elemental set then you need to get BI shaping to rank 5 to upgrade the gear to be the (current) BiS version , none of which can be done in advance of the module's release.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    And that is the reason it needs to be made fairer , they aren't removing drake seals from the game yet instead of letting pve players prefarm them they added a whole new currency just for the elven elemental gear so there is no reason why a new currency isn't added for the pvp gear too

At the moment the only pve gear listed on preview is the stuff you need to buy from the seal vendor for a new currency that only comes out in module 6 then you need to upgrade it using rank 5 BI shaping.

Yeah but to be able to craft the new (current) BiS pve gear on preview you need to farm 1800 seals of the protector to buy the basic elven elemental set then you need to get BI shaping to rank 5 to upgrade the gear to be the (current) BiS version.

finaly someone else understands
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    everwee1 wrote: »
    [...]fairness for all. Everyone's account needs to be wiped of all AD, all gear, all levels, all characters. Completely new start for everyone. How else can we be fair?

You forgot: Experience!

Is it fair that my DC has all eightysomething Power Points, just because she's been around for over a year, while poor Luusi Goldspammer only has 4? Noooooo......

So, I think, to be fair we should all start out at the shipwreck beach again!
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ​​ suggestion:a new seal to get the pvp gear and trade the x number of triumphs for 1 new seal.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm all for a Seal exchange vendor... ...everything just 1 higher for 2 lower, starting with the meek little Lvl 1-30 ones, all the way up to high and mighty seals of the Elements.

I'd also like to suggest to award Seals of the appropriate difficulty (Pegasus for 60ies) in Foundry end chests - where the most visited ones might need to be evaluated or verified by someone to prevent abuse...
  • Options
    everwee1everwee1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You forgot: Experience!

Is it fair that my DC has all eightysomething Power Points, just because she's been around for over a year, while poor Luusi Goldspammer only has 4? Noooooo......

So, I think, to be fair we should all start out at the shipwreck beach again!

This is a great idea, I'm sure the dev's are already otw to implement it!

I'm pretty sure you are one of maybe two people that seems to have grasped what I was going for.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    Yes, and since you'll most likely be able to buy the new PvE sets on the AH, or the assets needed for BI gear upgrades, while PvP gear can only be bought with PvP currencies, they should wipe the AD of PvE players, just to be fair. It wouldn't be fair if they introduced a new currency for PvP gear while PvE players got to keep their AD, after all.

not likely - new gear is only purchaseable with seals (bound), and the upgraded BI gear, as of right now, isn't all that appealing, inferior to the new PVP gear.
    Or maybe they should just make a new currency for the AH and WB -- ethereal gold bars or something, leaving existing AD worthless. That is essentially what you're suggesting.

nobody is suggesting to make all currency worthless. that's a total strawman.
    While the purpose of playing PvE is about continuously grinding for better stuff, the motivation to play PvP is to have a fun, competitive experience.

While the purpose of playing PvE is to have a fun immersive experience with your friends and guildies, the motivation to play PvP is to grief and humiliate your opponents.
    The faster everyone can be on the same gear level, the better, and being able to save up currency for that purpose benefits those who are less hardcore PvP players the most. If you play PvP occasionally, it's better for you, not for those that play PvP the most. If you don't play PvP at all, it obviously doesn't affect you in any way, and calls for "fairness" are just a veiled way of expressing bigotry against PvP players.

Advocating for one category - and one category alone - of players to be able to pre-farm their mod6 gear, while leaving everyone else behind, is just a not-so-veiled way of wanting to have only a privileged few benefit at the expense of all others, that has nothing to do with experience, or planning, or even luck - just based on their membership in a class.

How is this any different than, say, CW players - and CW players alone - having the special ability to get all their CW gear before everyone else? No one here would stand for such a thing, so why are you defending such a thing on behalf of PVP players?
  • Options
    sh0uj0sh0uj0 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And if PVP players are really going to come to these forums and suggest that it is right and fair that they and they alone should occupy such a place of privilege to be able to have endgame lvl 70 gear before everyone else - gear which is viable for both PVP and PVE, mind you - then I suggest all of us PVErs should spend the next 3 weeks farming glory by going into PVP matches, getting the minimum 500 points needed for glory, and then just AFK at the campfire. Why not? If PVPers are intent on ruining my Mod 6 PVE experience, then I don't have any qualms whatsoever of ruining their remaining Mod 5 PVP experience.

Emphasis mine. If you think so, then farm the glory and tokens now and use it for PvE once it hits. There's nothing stopping you other than your dislike of pvp seeing as all you think of it as is an activity designed to humiliate opponents.

And how does somebody else having gear you don't have access to ruin your personal experience in a cooperative pve setting? It's an advantage that will be used to help you out in a dungeon run. And it's not even a permanent advantage, but a temporary one and one that's unlikely to be BiS for pve.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    mattock13 wrote: »
    A simple solution to the seal situation is to offer a bag of seals of elements/protector, purchasable with unicorn and drake seals. The exchange rate would have to be fair though.

cant see how to do this the max number of seals we are alowed to have is only 500
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    They haven't revealed all the new sets yet. As Panderus (I think) stated recently, most of the new PvE sets are invisible to players, but will become visible in an upcoming build. Those new sets will be tradeable on the AH (unless they intend to completely destroy the economy).

No, but people are proposing to make currency earned from playing PvP worthless. Since that currency is only worthwhile for buying PvP items for PvP play, making that worthless in order to be "fair" would mean making the same "fair" adjustment to all other currencies.

The fact that this notion of "fairness" is being supported by people like you, who are openly hateful of PvP just goes to show that "fairness" isn't really the main concern here.

not making it worthlees no more than our drake seal are worthless just have to buy lv 60 gear and salvage it like we have to
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This is just ridiculous. How are PvP players "ruining" your experience by PvP currency retaining its value? Are you suddenly going to start PvPing a lot in module 6? The fact that you're also advocating outright griefing of other players demonstrates a very unhealthy attitude.
    no im advocating a even playing field pve players have to start from scratch so should the pvp players
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This is just ridiculous. How are PvP players "ruining" your experience by PvP currency retaining its value? Are you suddenly going to start PvPing a lot in module 6? The fact that you're also advocating outright griefing of other players demonstrates a very unhealthy attitude.

Well let's see, I don't think it's a big secret.

Once you and your PVP crew hit lvl 70, which will be approximately 10 minutes after Mod 6 goes live, and you get your lvl 70 gear, you all will be the only players in the entire game that are able to queue for the Lvl 70 dungeons, where all the sweet new Mod 6 loot will be, and have the gear necessary to beat them. That might be rather lucrative, don't you think?

And for the record I am fine with PVP currency retaining its value. I just think the cost of the new PVP gear ought to be increased, to include, oh I don't know, "Seals of Humiliation" or something that you can only earn from PVP matches in Mod6.
This discussion has been closed.