What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What are we wearing next mod?

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm thinking my half orc will be wearing a black silk Negligee. It'll do nightmare aoe damage to everyone in range.
  • Options
    kyobi16kyobi16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Im so hoping for some good new sets with actual set bonus
    hope they gone be at least as good as diablo 3 ones and as hard to get.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can tell you that BI is a non-starter for me. 1. I don't PvP (and never, ever will), and 2. if it needs batteries, I'm not interested.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    How much is the Eternal set?

I can't get on preview atm but if I remember right it is 20k ad , 15 dragon fangs and 50 dragonic coins ( or whatever they are called ) per piece .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I can't get on preview atm but if I remember right it is 20k ad , 15 dragon fangs and 50 dragonic coins ( or whatever they are called ) per piece .

Dang, can't believe the price is dat low. Good news if true.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

It's only a lvl 61 leveling set , no set bonus but a nice big HP boost.
  • Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    It's only a lvl 61 leveling set , no set bonus but a nice big HP boost.

I can also add that its totally unnecessary too, ive worn my same t2 gear from live all the way to 70 on test with no real issues. The elemental has good stats, but i refuse to give up my 2/2 set that easily, especially when they drop me 1 AC on the chest. And speaking of that... WHY?? i thought better gear was supposed to raise things like AC.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    drtysnchz wrote: »
    I can also add that its totally unnecessary too, ive worn my same t2 gear from live all the way to 70 on test with no real issues. The elemental has good stats, but i refuse to give up my 2/2 set that easily, especially when they drop me 1 AC on the chest. And speaking of that... WHY?? i thought better gear was supposed to raise things like AC.

It's blue gear compared to your T2 epics, so it makes sense the AC is lower. The stats of the elemental gear are just more optimized for the paradigm of Mod 6, with high HPs.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    with DT my cw has about 26k hp, with the eternal set (level 61 blue) I figure he'll have about 60k and with the purple 70 set over 80k.

do the math. you really want your "tank" to have what, 35-40k hp when cw's have 80k? GL

total random guess here but I figure a real tank in mod6 will have 90-100k. maybe more.
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I still think that High Prophet will be best, I have seen others mention that basic enemies will be hitting for 25k and elite enemies for 100k, but this is already how a lot of SOT works. In SOT one just needs to have some well timed dodges, an understanding of how the enemies behaves and the occasional sunbursts and you should never die. For Tiamat I saw somebody mention that they have increased the dragon head hitpoints, which will surely make High Prophet a must, again Tiamat is already full of one shot killers, so one should be dodging and avoiding now anyway.

The real fear is the damage that ranged enemies will be hitting at, if skeleton archers or imps or those Valindra shots (don't know else to call them) are hitting at 10k a shot, then High Prophet might be dead.

Also, the first post mentioned that Draconic will be junk, but if clerics are expected to be healers, and expected to pump out 50k heals, then the 20% extra healing from Draconic might make this a useful set to have (if there is a good Guardian or Palladin generating big threat).
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    I can tell you that BI is a non-starter for me. 1. I don't PvP (and never, ever will), and 2. if it needs batteries, I'm not interested.

totaly agree with you
  • Options
    edited March 2015

yea its a blue so its cheep
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh, well, 2 more weeks for everyone to get the Pink Coins and Glory for the PvP gear. I'll dare to predict we'll have week or two in uniform ahead, post-launch...
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The level 70 Domination PVP set seems to be the best now, not just for PvP but PvE too, unless T3 comes out later.

But you still have to get to level 70 from level 60 first, so T2 or BI to begin. The effectiveness of BI will drop off pretty quick due to no set bonus. T2 doesn't fare much better than the greens and blues you pick up a few levels later too... from there it is random trash blues and greens until level 70.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In leveling zones, I got up to 65 in my CBI gear without a sweat, so I am thinking up to 70 is fine with any T2 + gear. (I power leveled the rest of the way with tomes of exp for level 70 testing.)

If you want to go into IWD and ToD while leveling though, you will most likely want extra HP. So either from random drops, questing gear or the eternal set. Wearing T2+ sets in those two campaign zones will depend on individual player skill, class and build.

Still no clue what I will be wearing at level 70 yet.. I don't pvp so that gear is out. Right now my test character is wearing a mix of eternal, lathander's set and random <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at level 70 /facepalm.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    In leveling zones, I got up to 65 in my CBI gear without a sweat, so I am thinking up to 70 is fine with any T2 + gear. (I power leveled the rest of the way with tomes of exp for level 70 testing.)

If you want to go into IWD and ToD while leveling though, you will most likely want extra HP. So either from random drops, questing gear or the eternal set. Wearing T2+ sets in those two campaign zones will depend on individual player skill, class and build.

Still no clue what I will be wearing at level 70 yet.. I don't pvp so that gear is out. Right now my test character is wearing a mix of eternal, lathander's set and random <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> at level 70 /facepalm.

I checked the elemental set out, apart from the larger HP pool it really has no advantage over T2, made it all the way to 70 using my live build. I have picked up some lvl 67 blue stuff and it really is lackluster considering some the set bonus stats that would be sacrificed.

I cant wait to see what they have in store for gear, but something tells me that it will once again feel very underwhelming... though I hope not.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    personaly i really feel left out the pvp people got new sets with bonuses and because they use glory earned overthe last 2 years they get the sets as soon as they turn lv 70
    while the pve players will have to farm for it from scrach i think the new lv 70 pvp gear should use a new coin they have to farm at lv 70
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    personaly i really feel left out the pvp people got new sets with bonuses and because they use glory earned overthe last 2 years they get the sets as soon as they turn lv 70
    while the pve players will have to farm for it from scrach i think the new lv 70 pvp gear should use a new coin they have to farm at lv 70

Right now i would just be happy if new PVE gear existed for 70, but I definitely agree that PVP should have something of a grind to get the new stuff imposed on PVE people. And just to make it clear, I'm an avid fan of both PVP and PVE.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't know what the hell they're smoking up there. Someone just asked about new sets and Panderus went "what sets?"

No tenacity in the new BI. New sets only available from crafting with NO bonuses. No information about t2 drops next mod. The heck? And this was supposed to be the last patch before the mod. Lawd.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    And this was supposed to be the last patch before the mod. Lawd.

Supposed to be, before they pushed the release date back you mean?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    so far im getting less interested in mod 6 seams like its a loss
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I guess the strategy for me for now remains the same: hold on to my T2 sets and get the DT sets while Tia isn't yet impossible (though it's getting steadily more difficult as more and more players finish with it)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Ugh on gateway at least still only a few new sets , still no set bonuses to be seen on lvl 70 pve gear .

Nvm , panderus just said we should get a look at new pve gear in next weeks build. :D
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    so far im getting less interested in mod 6 seams like its a loss

It is already a loss in Lord Protector's Daily quests and the regular versions of SoT and LoL. AD sources and existing content have been nerfed left and right. We just don't know what else will be nerfed next.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    pve players need a curency to buy gear that lasts mod to mod like pvp players do
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    OK, thats what I thought. They have been in the game for a while, but have not been player visible (still aren't in this specific build as far as I know) but will be in next weeks preview build for sure.

New sets confirmed. They exist lol
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    pve players need a curency to buy gear that lasts mod to mod like pvp players do

Like, some kind of seals perhaps?
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    drtysnchz wrote: »
    Like, some kind of seals perhaps?

...well, those so far only last for a few levels in the base game, and with every module its own Seal currency is introduced...

Additionally, so far they always only buy you nerfed stuff without any set bonus, not as in PvP fully specced gear sets.

So while calling that "Seal of Whatnot" might be acceptable, it would have to be somewhat improved. Or maybe a Seal-only Moneychanger might be an idea, where you could trade your last tier's Seals to the next one at a reate of 2:1, maybe even just for some linited time - BUT can buy gear sets with a set bonus. Less choice - OK. Lower stat bonus? So be it. But that lack of a set bonus makes the gear subpar.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ...well, those so far only last for a few levels in the base game, and with every module its own Seal currency is introduced...

Additionally, so far they always only buy you nerfed stuff without any set bonus, not as in PvP fully specced gear sets.

So while calling that "Seal of Whatnot" might be acceptable, it would have to be somewhat improved. Or maybe a Seal-only Moneychanger might be an idea, where you could trade your last tier's Seals to the next one at a reate of 2:1, maybe even just for some linited time - BUT can buy gear sets with a set bonus. Less choice - OK. Lower stat bonus? So be it. But that lack of a set bonus makes the gear subpar.

I agree completely, but from what I remember the dread legion gear didn't have a set bonus at one time either, they fixed that as well. Sometimes it just takes longer, and while patience is to be expected of us, we would definitely like to hear some feedback on this.
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'll be wearing a loincloth and pretending I'm Tarzan with all those roots and vines. :cool:

On a serious note, it will most be templar stuff I wear until 70.