test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thought this would be helpful for people MOD 6 Preparations

cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Repost but contained some info I had not thought about. This is not my work.

Here is your non-graded list of stuff you want to do or avoid.

Buy ZEN: The ZAX always explodes in anticipation of a new Mod, because new stuff is being added to the store, and it’s no different this time. The backlog is already at 2.5M, but if you exchange AD for ZEN today, you’ll probably still have them in your wallet next Tuesday.
There is no campaign assigned to Mod 6, so some of the new stuff will be available from the old ToD campaign, which means you can start to farm gear right now.

Farm PVP currency: This is mandatory for all your PVP toons. The new Elemental Armor Set costs about 80k Glory and 27 Seals of Triumph, is available right at start and should be BiS for PVP. Next to the glory cap at 50k you can amass additional Seals and GG Coins to get your new set asap.
Get 60 Fallen Dragon Fangs and 200 Dragon Hoard Coins: At the WoD vendor there’s a new Eternal set available for 15 Fangs and 50 Coins per item. It’s a level 61 blue set which is a decent start into your post-60 advancement and the new stat curves. The most important thing: It adds over 30k HP, which you are going to need.
Farm Linu’s Favor: The new Greater Cloaks are available for them at 15 each.

Deleted from the the ideas I had ran across as it changed. Please remember this was something I ran across not my ideas but gave me some food for thought.

Start the Dragonforged Artifact Task and claim the reward in the new Mod: The new level 70 Artifact Weapons drop from the same task that brought the 60 ones, so if you want your new BiS weapon asap you can start the task in advance. It’s not really as important though because you need some time to get to 70 anyway and the Weapon is available from completing the new quest line.
Buy Malabog and Dread Weapon Fragments: This is a shaky one because there were new recipes that used the old fragments to produce sizable level 70 weapons. The last patch removed those and the old level 60 recipes and nobody can tell whether they’ll return.
The current equipment at level 60 is made obsolete, so there are a couple of market decisions you may want to consider.

Don’t refine current Artifact Gear: There will be a complete new line of Artifact Gear so invested RP are partially wasted.
Try to sell all BoE level 60 equipment: All level 60 gear will be obsolete once the new Mod hits and the prices should go down significantly. This also includes any Artifact Cloaks or Belts you still own.
Try to sell all BoE RPs: This one is hard to predict, because both the supply and the demand will be going up in Mod 6. Overall though players will be able to get their RPs a bit easier and, that’s important for AH value, more BoE RPs will drop.
Get old collection lockbox items: It looks like the old lockboxes will receive a nerf, because they won’t drop stuff for level 70 characters. So they are probably no longer as desirable to open which means old mounts and companions will probably get more expensive.
Sell old lockbox items: For the same reasons stated above, you should sell old Artifact Provision Packs, Strongboxes of Enchantments and stuff. The new Earth-Aspected Strongbox of Enchantments no longer drops Rank 6 Enchantments in example, but adds Rank 8 ones and Normal instead of Lesser Weapon/Armor Enchants. The one exception might be the Rusted Iron Lockbox, because Mulhorand gear still holds some value in pre-60 advancement as well as lower level PVP and it drops Lantern and Waters Artifacts, that can be used to efficiently refine other Artifacts.
Last but not least, a few profession notes.

Invest in the Jewelcrafting profession: The new Black Earth Lockbox will no longer contain a Jewelcrafting Special Pack, which means the prices of the assets should go up.
Invest in the Alchemy profession: Alchemy will be used to craft the new Unified Elements that are needed as materials for all higher tier crafting recipes. The purple ones should be even more valuable than Dragon Eggs, so people will want to produce them. This also means you should have at least one toon with Alchemy at max rank.
Invest in the Platesmithing profession: All items for the Paladin, especially underwear, will be in high demand at the start of Mod 6.
Post edited by cayapp on

Comments

• Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cayapp wrote: »
    Invest in the Alchemy profession: Alchemy will be used to craft the new Unified Elements that are needed as materials for all higher tier crafting recipes. The purple ones should be even more valuable than Dragon Eggs, so people will want to produce them. This also means you should have at least one toon with Alchemy at max rank.

I assume that those Unified Elements will require an ingredient that is expensive to obtain, is this something that is available now, or only in mod 6 ?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I assume Available in Mod 6...could not find it on any of my toons and not logged into preview. I do not know all this...just found some interesting thoughts and suggestions for Mod 6.

I took a break from NWO until a couple a weeks ago for the entire mod 5.
  • Options
    railakrailak Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Repost but contained some info I had not thought about. This is not my work.

Here is your non-graded list of stuff you want to do or avoid.

Buy ZEN: The ZAX always explodes in anticipation of a new Mod, because new stuff is being added to the store, and it’s no different this time. The backlog is already at 2.5M, but if you exchange AD for ZEN today, you’ll probably still have them in your wallet next Tuesday.
    There is no campaign assigned to Mod 6, so some of the new stuff will be available from the old ToD campaign, which means you can start to farm gear right now.

Farm PVP currency: This is mandatory for all your PVP toons. The new Elemental Armor Set costs about 80k Glory and 27 Seals of Triumph, is available right at start and should be BiS for PVP. Next to the glory cap at 50k you can amass additional Seals and GG Coins to get your new set asap.
    Get 60 Fallen Dragon Fangs and 200 Dragon Hoard Coins: At the WoD vendor there’s a new Eternal set available for 15 Fangs and 50 Coins per item. It’s a level 61 blue set which is a decent start into your post-60 advancement and the new stat curves. The most important thing: It adds over 30k HP, which you are going to need.
    Farm Linu’s Favor: The new Greater Cloaks are available for them at 15 each.
    Farm Draconic Heralds in WoD but don’t open rewards: Two things: a) The HEs get a pretty significant upgrade in the RP they drop and b) will drop the new Greater Artifact Belts. If you save the rewards and claim them in the new Mod, they will contain the upgraded loot. The ones that absolutely want BiS on the first day and can afford it will pay a fortune for the first new Belts available. So if you luck out on the rewards, you are going to make a decent coin.
    Start the Dragonforged Artifact Task and claim the reward in the new Mod: The new level 70 Artifact Weapons drop from the same task that brought the 60 ones, so if you want your new BiS weapon asap you can start the task in advance. It’s not really as important though because you need some time to get to 70 anyway and the Weapon is available from completing the new quest line.
    Buy Malabog and Dread Weapon Fragments: This is a shaky one because there were new recipes that used the old fragments to produce sizable level 70 weapons. The last patch removed those and the old level 60 recipes and nobody can tell whether they’ll return.
    The current equipment at level 60 is made obsolete, so there are a couple of market decisions you may want to consider.

Don’t refine current Artifact Gear: There will be a complete new line of Artifact Gear so invested RP are partially wasted.
    Try to sell all BoE level 60 equipment: All level 60 gear will be obsolete once the new Mod hits and the prices should go down significantly. This also includes any Artifact Cloaks or Belts you still own.
    Try to sell all BoE RPs: This one is hard to predict, because both the supply and the demand will be going up in Mod 6. Overall though players will be able to get their RPs a bit easier and, that’s important for AH value, more BoE RPs will drop.
    Get old collection lockbox items: It looks like the old lockboxes will receive a nerf, because they won’t drop stuff for level 70 characters. So they are probably no longer as desirable to open which means old mounts and companions will probably get more expensive.
    Sell old lockbox items: For the same reasons stated above, you should sell old Artifact Provision Packs, Strongboxes of Enchantments and stuff. The new Earth-Aspected Strongbox of Enchantments no longer drops Rank 6 Enchantments in example, but adds Rank 8 ones and Normal instead of Lesser Weapon/Armor Enchants. The one exception might be the Rusted Iron Lockbox, because Mulhorand gear still holds some value in pre-60 advancement as well as lower level PVP and it drops Lantern and Waters Artifacts, that can be used to efficiently refine other Artifacts.
    Last but not least, a few profession notes.

Invest in the Jewelcrafting profession: The new Black Earth Lockbox will no longer contain a Jewelcrafting Special Pack, which means the prices of the assets should go up.
    Invest in the Platesmithing profession: All items for the Paladin, especially underwear, will be in high demand at the start of Mod 6.

Farm Draconic Heralds in WoD but don’t open rewards: Two things: a) The HEs get a pretty significant upgrade in the RP they drop and b) will drop the new Greater Artifact Belts. If you save the rewards and claim them in the new Mod, they will contain the upgraded loot. The ones that absolutely want BiS on the first day and can afford it will pay a fortune for the first new Belts available. So if you luck out on the rewards, you are going to make a decent coin

I have a question, for example, I farmed Draconic heralds for 15x this day then farmed again the next day for 15x, Will they stack and not disappear?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Honestly I have never tried to check to see how many...I thought the same thing when reading this...I have gone as high as 54 HE rewards stacked
  • Options
    railakrailak Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ok thank you
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The main hand and offhand lvl 70 artifact weapons are quest rewards now so I don't think they will remain in the ToD campaign tree and campaign store for actual release , same with the greater cloaks , no harm in trying to get them the ways suggested though but just don't rely on it.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I just want to point out that the gear also costs 20k AD each, for a total of 80k AD.

I think most of my alts will just make do with green drops, rather than blow 80k on items that will probably get replaced in a level or two.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Forget it. I cannot do so much grinding anymore. Sure as hell will not endure the hell of pvp 50 times per char just to get new gear. 60 dragon fangs for starter gear that will get replaced quickly is madness. If they're forcing me to do that just to progress than I'll just play something else because that doesn't come close to being any bit of fun.
  • Options
    sale0007sale0007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    1. How do i not claim rewards from Heralds? I thought that pop-up is gone when we log off...
    2. When you say we should sell/salvage all lvl60 gear, you mean that Black Ice too? Cause i thought it will get updated with new mod.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Farm Draconic Heralds in WoD but don’t open rewards: Two things: a) The HEs get a pretty significant upgrade in the RP they drop and b) will drop the new Greater Artifact Belts. If you save the rewards and claim them in the new Mod, they will contain the upgraded loot. The ones that absolutely want BiS on the first day and can afford it will pay a fortune for the first new Belts available. So if you luck out on the rewards, you are going to make a decent coin

This sort of sounds like an exploit in my book :confused:
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    BI gear does get an upgrade ability. But you'll have to pay for it. Not sure it's worth the effort of doing so.

...meh. Still gotta hit the gold vein / lucky strike / once-in-a-lifetime event - and get those dumb gauntlets. Sigh (*resign*)...
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    This sort of sounds like an exploit in my book :confused:

So should we also also open all Blue & Purple leadership boxes that we may be currently holding, since they will offer possible new rewards as well?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mystagogue wrote: »
    So should we also also open all Blue & Purple leadership boxes that we may be currently holding, since they will offer possible new rewards as well?

Fair point. I'll be in the Well of Dragons if anyone needs me ;)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Fair point. I'll be in the Well of Dragons if anyone needs me ;)

LOL :) Right there with you man.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i disagree with all this noone should able to get new reward from prefarmed herald.is unfair to new players coming we the old players we are not smarter than them to exploit that system i hope this will not happen please cryptic wipe the rewards or give reward module 5 instead module 6
  • Options
    silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i disagree with all this noone should able to get new reward from prefarmed herald.is unfair to new players coming we the old players we are not smarter than them to exploit that system i hope this will not happen please cryptic wipe the rewards or give reward module 5 instead module 6

You have a point who's to say that they don't wipe our HE's that we have yet to open when they do the patch. That would mean that we farmed the dragon's and got nothing because we did not open them. Not sure if I want to chance my luck with not losing my HE rewards on a chance that they might still be there after they put in mod 6.
    stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
    stealth is damage
    stealth is mobility
    stealth is everything
    everything is stealth
    Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This was a REPOST of something someone else posted online. I only posted it for food for thought.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This was a REPOST of something someone else posted online. I only posted it for food for thought.
    Sharing the 4-1-1 bud, as always appreciated... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I do not have a strong opinion on this however then farming favors before mod 6, should also be wiped. It is going down the same path.

Oh and talon and so on. Might as well remove any books and dragon gems as well. It all should be wiped since it will help you advance.

What I think you might not be realizing ...you can use the drops until you hit lvl 70.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Another one to add:

If you're wanting to get to level 70 sooner than later do all of the Sharandar, Dread Ring, Icewind Dale, and Tryanny of Dragons quests in the days before the Mod 6 Launch. Don't turn any of them in. Equip Azure enchantments in Utility slots for XP boost. Then at launch run around and turn all of the quests in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Another one to add:

If you're wanting to get to level 70 sooner than later do all of the Sharandar, Dread Ring, Icewind Dale, and Tryanny of Dragons quests in the days before the Mod 6 Launch. Don't turn any of them in. Equip Azure enchantments in Utility slots for XP boost. Then at launch run around and turn all of the quests in.

Good idea, but I don't feel like doing it now since I will be left with nothing to do after the launch. Same goes with getting the glories now...
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Max out your BI as the only L70 gear on preview is crafted with L5 BI profession. It's about 100k BI to level and build the gear. The mats are not yet available. Mainly the chest is the issue because you want a 2-slot chest at L70.
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Does anyone know if currently salvageable lvl 60 gear will be salvageable in mod 6 and if we get same amount of AD for it. I have stored some T1/T2 gear from Tiamat drops, which i plan to salvage on paladin to use it's 24k daily limit, but I want to be sure, that it won't be wasted.
  • Options
    peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In the upcoming mod all companions will be getting 5 LEVELS .But they will not upgrade to higher rank-only the level value will increse so that Common companion will become lvl 25(up from 20)and so on.
    Those 5 levels tricked me to think we will get a free rank up.WE WONT GET FREE RANKS.
    So there is no need to upgrade them imediately,you can do it whenewer you like.

I was wrong guys sorry for that.I hope i didnt make somebody upgrade companion in vision of free rank.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    peregr1nus wrote: »
    In the upcoming mod all companions will be getting 5 ranks for free...so blue ones will upgrade to epics etc...So now we should upgrade all our companions to lvl 30 and we will then get those 5 extra levels for free (those lvls which will be most expensive)

And btw,does somebody know if the legendary companion bonus (15% of the summoned pets ratings) will stack with bonus from augments?

makos.png

so, basically make sure all the pets you care about that are not purple already get them to maxed out blue, and you wont have to pay 750k each to upgrade to purple.

that is GOOD advice,
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Another one to add:

This is not directed at your post but I am using it as an example.

Just wanted to add this for the sake of clarity for doing it like this..hmm...using Shar, DR, IWD and Well...forgot to add in the all dailies for TOD...just what I said would be 33 quests worth an estimated 235200 exp.

So Once again ( as math makes my head hurt) pre-questing sounds fine to people, but other pre-planning does not.

Favors can get you 2 artifacts on day 1,
    Glory can get you PvP BIS full gear on day 1
    Pre doing the TOD artifact campaign quest can get you MH artifact on day 1
    Another item from the dailies in WOD will allow you to buy lvl 61 gear that as a SW will autmatically give me 30+K exp I think you need 60 or 80 of them total and 80k AD
    and so on...

If you can do one then why not another? If one is fair how come another is not? Or another way if one is not fair how is another form pre farming fair?

Every has to remember you cannot equipped the artifacts until you hit lvl 70.

Part of this thread were never my intent but was only to get people to think about what they might want to be working on to prepare their toons for mod 6. It was not call out exploits, insults or anything else. IT was something I read, and it gave me pause of some things to think about what could I be doing to prepare my toons.

As a non pvp'er I do not begrudge the pvp'ers the right to stock up on glory and tokens and what not to bank glory.

As a PvE'er, I should have the right to stock up on what favors I needed. But once again come March 17th will make Tiamat that MUCH harder so is that right or fair cause I read the forums about upcoming stuff on preview?

As a PvE'er I have been saving every artifact belt drop I got for the sole purpose of feeding a new. I currently have 34 banked, at max RP return ( lvl 4) with what ones I estimate I will get to bring it to a total of 50, I will receive roughly 250,000 RP which is worth a lot more then current RP stones are selling for vs the value of the belts on the AH. ( Mind you I came back to playing about 2 weeks ago after a break that preceded WOD mod) Is that right?

Honestly the drop rate is rather low on preview, I just opened 75 Herald rewards on preview and got 1 belt ( 2nd test) my First test of 75 yielded 2 belts.

All I am saying here, is with the incredible RP grind that is gonna be needed for any new artifact gear, it is almost a senseless argument.

PS...about pre questing and getting exp that will put you firmly into lvl 61, and the results are not going to be pretty for anyone who tries to speed level this content. The stat scaling in this mod is the gate not obtaining the gear needed whenever. The stat scaling from lvl 61 to 69 is rough and hell at lvl 70. Just read the forums I do not want to rehash this.

Once again, the only point was to make people think about maybe some priorities for their toons for the next few days. Not about what is right or not right for you. Hey if you wanted to solely concentrate of storing glory good for you, or if you wanted one of the many other things mention that is all good. This person thoughts, gave me a lot of food to think about so to say and what I wanted to concentrate on and what direction I wanted to be going over the next few days. As much as I want to say about some posts here and in another thread, I will not for various reasons as it could be insulting to others to look at motivation behind certain thoughts. Personally I say let the belt rain like candy for 2 reasons, to prevent 3rd sellers selling them and making it affordable for the masses through AH.

NWO as other MMOs are not all just about logging in, though you can do just that in any MMO, but they also require you to think about your choices and plan of action as well as setting short and long term priorities.
  • Options
    wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    is it not ridiculous that rather than getting your gear to a place where you feel strong, what people are saying to get ready for this mod is 'gather stuff so that your amazing gear can be replaced as quickly as possible?'

this whole thread has made me sick to my stomach. i appreciate what the OP tried to do, as that is helpful information to anyone who plans to continue in this carrot chase. however, for me, at least, it was more of a deterrant than a motivation.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wildwolf8 wrote: »
    is it not ridiculous that rather than getting your gear to a place where you feel strong, what people are saying to get ready for this mod is 'gather stuff so that your amazing gear can be replaced as quickly as possible?'

this whole thread has made me sick to my stomach. i appreciate what the OP tried to do, as that is helpful information to anyone who plans to continue in this carrot chase. however, for me, at least, it was more of a deterrant than a motivation.

I think it is so we can be ready for the launch then spend an astronomical amount of Zen, AD and campaign currencies to get BiS and lvl 70 in one day.
    Then on day two, and on all subsequent days, we can be totally dedicated to complaining about how bored we are and how there is nothing worth doing and how the previous mods were better.

I've only been playing about 9 months but I think that's how it works...