Install Arc
Options

Mod 6 Preview recap

2»

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Maybe someone who's actually played the contest should make this list, because it's rather obvious you haven't - A large portion of the information on that list is outdated.

Could you explain what we are missing then?

Thanks lancer for the info
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Somebody has to pay. They're not just created out of thin air. Someone buys a token, sells it for gold. And those tokens are redeemed for subscription time, not the cost of the expansions.

Same in this game. Someone has to pay but if that someone is not me then it doesn't bother me.

You better believe the next step is Tokens have other usages including paying for expansions among other things, but without going into specifics since this forum is not about WoW, I won't say anything more now. The key point is you need content in a game, not just raising the level cap and asking players to redo the same things over and over again, modules after modules.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    healary wrote: »
    Did they go back to Sharandar and add new dungeons after the Dread Ring module? No.

The saga continues as ToD took players back to previous zones to kill dragons but other than daily instances no main dungeons are added.

Through the first 5 modules, we have yet to see the developers go back to theme zones in older modules and add main dungeons there.

Who said anything about having to go back to old zones? You said you doubted mod 7 would continue the Elemental evil theme.
    healary wrote: »
    Doubtful. Module 7 should come in June/July rather and it is extremely doubtful it will be Elemental Evil again. So, no. I think nothing new as far as Mod 6 goes.

I expect it will continue, but they will most likely add new zones to accommodate the new dungeons and such. At no point did anyone mention or imply that we would be revisiting old areas again.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Who said anything about having to go back to old zones? You said you doubted mod 7 would continue the Elemental evil theme.

I expect it will continue, but they will most likely add new zones to accommodate the new dungeons and such. At no point did anyone mention or imply that we would be revisiting old areas again.

Don't put words in my mount or other people's. I said I doubt there would be dungeons and skirmishes added to module 6 later, not the Elemental Evil theme. The poster who raised the question voiced his concern of lack of new dungeons and skirmishes in the new module. That's the topic of discussion, not the "theme" of the module or the lore or lack of.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please, dear people who defend the mod, enlighten me.
    A nearly 26k GWF, maxed to the point of only r10's missing, 100% on ALL campaigns, what am I supposed to do once I hit 70? Farm rp?
    24/7 Herald rounds til my new belt hopefully drops? Run VT? What the hell am I supposed to do with no new actual content/campaign/new dungeons to unlock? How is this the biggest mod to date but it fails to bring me anything to do that's not farming related? I feel cheated. I do not look forward for next mod at all.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yea i miss the point too.
    the story is interesting, the levelling is challening, new gears, new upgrade.
    i will definitely have fun for a month keep it slow during the levelling process between my two mains...but then what?
    lets say i need the ads for the upgrades...what am i supposed to do? rerun the same upgraded dungeons can be fun for a week and honestly they should not pretend more for the work an upgrade of dungeons can require.

and of course pvp with new bugs, power, feats, power gearing etc etc will be unviable to play for a quite long time
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    To be honest I escaped to the PVP realm because PVE had nothing to offer me anymore. I soloed every single dungeon and it was just a yawn-fest. I thought the new mod will make me stick with PVE for months again, new content and stuff, but alas I was wrong. And with all these PVP broken things and how non-viable the GWF will be once again I also have nothing to escape to anymore. I need some serious good news this week. This is getting worse.