test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ad sink needed

kyafoxkyafox Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Ooooookay so double refinement, I can only assume, was their AD sink to fix the Zen Xchange. However, no one will touch main hand, offhand, half the artifacts, cloaks or belts until new mod. (because you're introducing new gear that makes our current gear obsolete *a whole other rant entirely*) They only refined enchantments, which are also under great speculation at this point. It's not enough.

The AD sink was good, but not strong enough to fix the AD to Zen exchange. The system needs a strong AD sink right now, and it can be more creative than what we've seen. Appeal to the people who will buy Zen, then Xchange it. Put some mounts in the AD store that are epic and make them expensive, put some new fashion, some unique dyes that only AD can buy (it's okay if it's ridiculous expensive) The AD sink must be good enough to excite players to spend, and "vanity is the best sin"

Paying players don't care, let's face it. If you make some exclusives that have to be purchased through AD, you will get some belly ache'ers that don't understand economics, but you will also get the AD vs. Zen Xchange under control. There's nothing new for your money spenders to turn Zen to AD....fix it. Please. It's killing this game.

Kya Fox
Post edited by kyafox on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    I think it's more of a matter that people are saving their Zen to see what there is to buy in Module 6, rather than it being "broken." The AD backlog isn't no where near as bad as it has been in the past. Give it time, people are selling Zen, it just takes approximately 24 hours per million of AD in the backlog. So, right now that puts it at about 36 hours, give or take.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    I think it's more of a matter that people are saving their Zen to see what there is to buy in Module 6, rather than it being "broken." The AD backlog isn't no where near as bad as it has been in the past. Give it time, people are selling Zen, it just takes approximately 24 hours per million of AD in the backlog. So, right now that puts it at about 36 hours, give or take.

This, I've got Zen saved up too see what specials hit with mod 6, and whether any new packs / items pop up I'll want to spend Zen or AD on. (Plus I'm considering buying the sharander completion pack if it ever goes on special because sharander is soooooo boring... but I cant warrant 5 mil ad worth of zen on it lol)
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A coordinated effort can lower the exchange price, that's pretty easy.

As far as AD sinks go, the only thing I'll "sink" my AD into is Guild Housing.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...well, the ZEN spent on Packs won't ever make it to the ZAX.

But I think with all the upcoming changes to come, people are somewhat reluctant to invest now when they might grieve that decision soon. Also, with the current prices for RP, you gotta be fairly desperate to buy there and now, when there'll be a Jewelcrafting (or was it Leadership?) task generating RP soon...

...once the Pally hits the dancefloor, I'd expect/guesstimate a lot of People will spend ZEN to pay the hilariously overstretched AH prices for Dragon Bone, Mulhorand or other leveling gear, and that'll fix the backlog jam for good for a while, I suppose.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kyafox wrote: »
    Ooooookay so double refinement, I can only assume, was their AD sink to fix the Zen Xchange. However, no one will touch main hand, offhand, half the artifacts, cloaks or belts until new mod. (because you're introducing new gear that makes our current gear obsolete *a whole other rant entirely*) They only refined enchantments, which are also under great speculation at this point. It's not enough.

The AD sink was good, but not strong enough to fix the AD to Zen exchange. The system needs a strong AD sink right now, and it can be more creative than what we've seen. Appeal to the people who will buy Zen, then Xchange it. Put some mounts in the AD store that are epic and make them expensive, put some new fashion, some unique dyes that only AD can buy (it's okay if it's ridiculous expensive) The AD sink must be good enough to excite players to spend, and "vanity is the best sin"

Paying players don't care, let's face it. If you make some exclusives that have to be purchased through AD, you will get some belly ache'ers that don't understand economics, but you will also get the AD vs. Zen Xchange under control. There's nothing new for your money spenders to turn Zen to AD....fix it. Please. It's killing this game.

Kya Fox
    they should just get rid of leadership...as a normal player who think to can get stuffs by playing i really dont need any ad sinks. if something i need way to earn ads.
    get rid of leadership, double daily rads, increase rads from savaging. profit.
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    they should just get rid of leadership...as a normal player who think to can get stuffs by playing i really dont need any ad sinks. if something i need way to earn ads.

Except that there aren't any ways currently to earn good income from doing in game content, as they "killed" dungeons several months ago. So this one walls apart quickly.
    edited March 2015

Leadership tasks are the way to stay in the pipeline for those people who have a strenuous RL schedule on weekdays, but still want to participate - without having to empty their pockets. Want a game for schoolkids, jobless, pensioners and rich ??? => remove Leadership. Want a game with a broad playerbase, don't.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I find it kind of an oxymoron to say "remove leadership" and complain about not having ways to make RAD at the same time. Leadership is and should be one of your ways to make RAD! I like it and its helped me a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Yeah take away the best and only legit way of making some decent AD in this game currently, which hardly rewards not in PVE and not in PVP. PVE rewards from chest loot are worth max the salvage price and PVP is so broken less people play it day by day. What a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> idea!

With bad RNG like mine, where you get nearly zero, i would have left the game, if i couldn't compensate it a bit with leadership alts. And i am not alone in such a boat. Don't take the hipped PVP guilds for an example, who get everything on 1st run from loot, just to advertise the game.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really dont understand this post...

1. there is nothing wrong with the Zen Exchange I used it about a week ago it took me 2 days-ish to get my zen
    there being a backlog on zen doesn't mean the exchange is broken just meand you have to wait a bit for your zen is all.
    the zen exchange is high right now because people are hoarding both zen and AD for mod 6 plus the key sale not too long ago. just give it a bit its a dynamic market it will come back down again I promise and we can all just calm down have some dip and play our free online game. besides I have seen the Zen exchange at 24+ mil and you are crying about 1.6 mil really?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Well, Leadership is changing. It wont be as easy to make AD from leadership without investing more into it. They are also giving people a choice at higher levels, AD or RP, not both. So while not completely removed, they are making it harder and giving less incentive to leadership farm for AD.

The Protector dailies are going away too. So no more double daily RADs either. And AD from Invoking is changing radically as well.

So, in a way you got what you want. AD will be in less supply after mod 6.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You folks are somewhat heading off topic and into a debate that has been done to death.
    To get back to the OP, be assured that there is both an AD sink and a Zen sink heading our way very soon. It's called Mod 6 and it's the reason why myself and (presumably) many others have are saving up AD and Zen rather than spending it. I don't know what I will spend it on but I do want to be in a position to be able to buy new stuff when it is available.

I'm pretty sure we'll see the ZAX back to normal in a couple of weeks when players start needing/wanting to convert $$$ into AD.
    edited March 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    In a literal sense you're right. Although usually you work for these professions in-game and not through a few easy clicks on a website over 50 alts. And that's kinda the whole problem. Making AD through professions is not a problem. The problem is making AD without any actual playtime required.
    anyone with an ad farm will tell you no it isnt a few easy clicks hell I have only 10 leadership alts and between invoking, opening the bajillion leadership boxes and refining all the enchants i get out of em reseting my professions on the gateway It take about 45 mim to an hour total I couldnt even imagine doing 50 a day. look it just gives the people who cant play 4-6 hours a day the ability to F2P
    hop on the gateway on yor lunch break and reset your professions

besides this thread is about the AD exchange not people farming AD and farming AD isnt breaking the economy there isnt anyting in this game that is ridiculously priced unless its somthing rare like a legendary mount or chromatic dragon token or older lockbox loot thats to be expected
    edited March 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    You folks are somewhat heading off topic and into a debate that has been done to death.
    To get back to the OP, be assured that there is both an AD sink and a Zen sink heading our way very soon. It's called Mod 6 and it's the reason why myself and (presumably) many others have are saving up AD and Zen rather than spending it. I don't know what I will spend it on but I do want to be in a position to be able to buy new stuff when it is available.

I'm pretty sure we'll see the ZAX back to normal in a couple of weeks when players start needing/wanting to convert $$$ into AD.

I hate you for typing faster than me .... I will find you cand crush you.... or just glare at your profile for a bit

feel my glare *glareing intensifies*
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zebular wrote: »

^This.
    I have 20k Zen sitting around doing *nothing* right now and 5 Million AD with nothing of interest to buy, so why would I buy more AD? It's exactly as Zeb put it in my case and I suspect for a lot of other people, too.

As for sinks... be careful what you wish for;
    Mod 6 will answer you in a forceful, frightful way if you aren't prepared for it.

P.S.: The 'smart' people don't wait until they want Zen before trying to exchange AD for it. They do that now, then leave the Zen in their account, building up steadily until they're ready to actually spend it on something.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    'The AD sink must be good enough to excite players to spend, and "vanity is the best sin"'

I only buy stuff that makes my character better, not better looking. Even though I committed to waiting for mod 6 before spending anything, I could not do it. There is still so much stuff I want that I didn't even know about to make my character have higher stats. YES, stats ARE important to me. Don't judge. LOL

I am also really enjoying the professions that I did not have time to work on before.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We know there's at least 4-5 new companions coming with mod 6. I'm sure there's more stuff, like hopefully a Paladin Booster pack. After everyone buys all the new stuff, I'm sure the economy will snail its way back to normal.......at least until some drunk kabold spills the beans on the new housing projects. :p
    edited March 2015
    ...again: Dragon Bone & Mulhorand gear for Pallies will initially be quite an AD sink, too. Pleasantly enough, some lucky sods will get that, not miss hoity-poity and her AD store... :^)

...well, not immediately, at least.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kyafox wrote: »

Kya Fox

Yes, we need an AD sink.
    To punish the poor people and make things easy for the richer.
    Your ideas are great. When are you becoming president of PWE?
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    leadership needs nerf and idols need to be removed from game this 2 things brings to much new ad in game
    edited March 2015
    warpet wrote: »
    leadership needs nerf and idols need to be removed from game this 2 things brings to much new ad in game

yea neverwinter is not gonna de-value zen... thats how they make their money

besides there isnt "too much AD" to begin with I dont know what you are talking about
    edited March 2015
    warpet wrote: »

Um, Idols you get from Boxes... Not gonna happen

Leadership IS getting nerfed. Where have you been?

You sound like someone who didn't practice the five P's of operations management. Should have started crafting day 1.

Those of us that did start crafting to earn money (Like we do in EVERY MMO EVER) early on have a leg up, deal with it. Why should a person be able to join the game now and be where I'm at after putting Serious Time, Money and Time into crafting to earn in game currency?

Simple answer: They shouldn't. They should bust out their/mommy's credit card if they want to compete. At least in this game people can purchase the in game currency directly from the game devs.
    edited March 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    yea neverwinter is not gonna de-value zen... thats how they make their money

besides there isnt "too much AD" to begin with I dont know what you are talking about

Over time I'd really hope that the AD prices of things was reduced by them reducing the cost of things like GMOP and pres/Coal wards it'd be really nice if by mod 9 or 10 The cost of making a perfect enchantment was 50% of what it is now and as such all weapon enchants / armor enchants and normal enchants were about the same amount cheaper. it'd make the ceiling seem more achievable for those Totally f2p players with 2 or 3 character slots. Sadly this probably will not happen

• quetumquetum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Simple solution: Remove the 500 AD collar on buying Zen. Let the exchange rise to 1000+ AD per Zen. Give value to those that actually buy Zen from the company.

And FYI, I am one of those people that have been playing since day 1 and have a 50 alt leadership army and can produce a million AD per day. So, I'm not saying remove the collars for my own benefit, but rather for the long term viability of the game.
    edited March 2015
    quetum wrote: »
    Simple solution: Remove the 500 AD collar on buying Zen. Let the exchange rise to 1000+ AD per Zen. Give value to those that actually buy Zen from the company.

And FYI, I am one of those people that have been playing since day 1 and have a 50 alt leadership army and can produce a million AD per day. So, I'm not saying remove the collars for my own benefit, but rather for the long term viability of the game.

No, because they ban people for playing the stock market too heavily. It cuts into their pocket books. This one won't work either.
  • todddyb1todddyb1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    AD sinks hurt poor people... just leave it alone.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015

And in a few weeks, you'll have people wanting the exchange to be raised even higher. The cap is in place to keep the market from spiraling out of control and making the ability to obtain ZEN without having to buy it directly out of reach for many.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited March 2015

1 mil a day... holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and people wonder why there is so much AD in the game.

edited March 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    Over time I'd really hope that the AD prices of things was reduced by them reducing the cost of things like GMOP and pres/Coal wards it'd be really nice if by mod 9 or 10 The cost of making a perfect enchantment was 50% of what it is now and as such all weapon enchants / armor enchants and normal enchants were about the same amount cheaper. it'd make the ceiling seem more achievable for those Totally f2p players with 2 or 3 character slots. Sadly this probably will not happen

honestly I think they have the entire wrong idea on how to monitize this game, have a more robust character creation along the lines of Champions Online sell customization and outfits a better selection of dyes. yes have a couple of things like bags, keys and boosters but take col wards and the like off the zen market along with the blood rubies. I dont know anyone who thinks that is a "good deal" 20$ for 150k refinement points when it takes millions to hit legendary? does anyone even buy those?
    edited March 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    honestly I think they have the entire wrong idea on how to monitize this game, have a more robust character creation along the lines of Champions Online sell customization and outfits a better selection of dyes. yes have a couple of things like bags, keys and boosters but take col wards and the like off the zen market along with the blood rubies. I dont know anyone who thinks that is a "good deal" 20$ for 150k refinement points when it takes millions to hit legendary? does anyone even buy those?

I've always thought blood rubies should be 100k each not 50k.