test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback - Jewelcrafting 25

b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
xr3sv94u.png

There are 3 new rings, belts and necks with the same(!) stats.
1x defense, 2x offense... both with power and arp/rec ... no crit.

That are very limited choices! Very limited. Why are the no crit, life steal and deflect items. Why is there nothing with Tenacity ??!! Why do rings/belts and necks have the same stats? Where is the D&D spirit/feeling??? We need more diversity. ATM everybody is wearing the same! How boring! Please! Copy/paste/modify ... whats the problem?

//Bellistor
Post edited by b3llist0r on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    .....look those regen rings....
    if only i could have them months ago.
    no regen thanks
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well Power and ArPen are the premier offensive stats in M6, Crit is playing a minor role, so not having it might not be as bad after all.

In terms of LifeSteal they might just be very careful, because they really want to play tanks, healers, tealers and hanks a major role.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Looks very nice.
  • b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    loboguild wrote: »
    Well Power and ArPen are the premier offensive stats in M6, Crit is playing a minor role, so not having it might not be as bad after all.

In terms of LifeSteal they might just be very careful, because they really want to play tanks, healers, tealers and hanks a major role.

I don´t think that crit will play a minor role. Crit will be desired and maybe overhaul power. The calculation will show soon^^.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ...they're still BoP.

Come on! Forcing people to grind professions on every character to acquire gear was, is, and will be asinine! Professions need to be OPTIONAL if they'll ever be worthwhile.

BoP is simply another aspect of NW's endless grind, grind, grind.

Please, for the love of FSM learn from past mistakes and fix this before going live.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why? I makes professions worth doing. I like having stuff that makes the profession valuable, and requires people to level them.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ...they're still BoP.

Come on! Forcing people to grind professions on every character to acquire gear was, is, and will be asinine! Professions need to be OPTIONAL if they'll ever be worthwhile.

BoP is simply another aspect of NW's endless grind, grind, grind.

Please, for the love of FSM learn from past mistakes and fix this before going live.

^This. Do they really expect me to level it up 8 times to level 25 along with weaponsmithing/artificing and leadership? I only bothered on 1 toon this time, and frankly next mod I'll probably go from Practically BiS for pve to idgaf for even trying to get BiS. It just doesn't seem worth the effort.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    frishter wrote: »
    ^This. Do they really expect me to level it up 8 times to level 25 along with weaponsmithing/artificing and leadership? I only bothered on 1 toon this time, and frankly next mod I'll probably go from Practically BiS for pve to idgaf for even trying to get BiS. It just doesn't seem worth the effort.
    It's quite a fast skill to level. I already have it on one character and ALL the rest of my characters are at level 12-16 just by ONLY working ONE task once or twice a day.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You can level up JC for basically free by just doing the gathering tasks...
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    It's quite a fast skill to level. I already have it on one character and ALL the rest of my characters are at level 12-16 just by ONLY working ONE task once or twice a day.
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

I know. Every single one of my myriad characters has maxed every single profession. If I'm still playing after mod 6, every single character will max every prof again within 6 months. I KNOW professions forwards and backwards. You miss the point.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »

Compared to leadership yes, however most of my toons already levelled artificing or weaponsmithing and so working jewelcrafting on top of that is just too taxing for me. With an artifact ring release it wouldn't even be BiS. Therefore I'm not sure it's worth the effort to level it just for something that is already outclassed in a lot of ways. It only makes sense that crafting would be account wide in some form and would be a huge QoL improvement. I don't think we'll see it though, so focusing on the one character will have to do until that takes it's final toll too. With rank 12s and more rp for for artifact items, it seems like that part will have to be something I'm going to ignore as a goal. If multiple toon usage was more friendly and was convinced about getting a lot of use out of the profession then maybe I could justify it, but I'm not convinced.
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    You can level leadership for free too, but it doesn't mean the burden isn't there. In the end that pays off, while for jewelcrafting, if I just play 1 character, i'd make more use out of it without having to sort inventory items if I go a faster route, lose out on ad if taking a longer route or spending as much attention on levelling it up on more characters. Plus of course there's the 5 extra levels needed now which make it more taxing.

I've been doing a lot of profession levelling, personally I want to reduce the workload as I have limits on what I want to do. Of course it depends on the cost/benefit of it all.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hmm, so stat wise its better for me to stick with my old hero rings since the new ones give useless regen.. nice, no need to upgrade JC any further
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My SW's going to be using those better Power/ARP rings, but any non-DPS character I have is going to not bother with what Jewelcrafting at lvl 25 has to offer. So, I'm pretty disappointed at the offerings.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    loboguild wrote: »
    Well Power and ArPen are the premier offensive stats in M6, Crit is playing a minor role

This is debatable.
    For everybody who have crit severity ≥100%, crit will be most valuable.
    For everybody who have crit severity <100%, ArP will be most valuable in most cases.

Personally, I have 97% crit severity (75% base, 20% from Critical Conflagration and 2% from Sleet Skills boon) so I will not feel the difference beetween crit and ArP.
    edited February 2015
    frishter wrote: »
    With an artifact ring release it wouldn't even be BiS. Therefore I'm not sure it's worth the effort to level it just for something that is already outclassed in a lot of ways.

So your argument is that JC isn't worth it because something that isn't in the game or even planned yet might end up in the game?

If you don't feel like leveling up JC to get the rings is worth the effort, don't do it. You don't NEED those rings. There's no part of the game that's unplayable without them.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • pudding66pudding66 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Does anyone knows what is needed to craft lvl 25 jewelcrafting rings ?
  • malvenornmalvenorn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Gamepedia has some info, but bear in mind that anything from the preview server is subject to change/removal before going live.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Jewelcrafting
  • pudding66pudding66 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    malvenorn wrote: »
    Gamepedia has some info, but bear in mind that anything from the preview server is subject to change/removal before going live.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Jewelcrafting

Thank you sr
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    so there ill be no life steal/hp rings and instead we get useless regen and hp rings?

Basically this, I was looking at using Lifesteal rings in mod 6 as I'm going to try to build towards a respectable lifesteal chance. With the changes to regen and lifesteal, I'd still rather lifesteal. However I can see that they want these rings to be used by tanks, and as such the Incoming healing bonus from Regen is what they are going for I assume. A Defence / HP ring would of been nice also
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,