test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

im so far away from a accountwide epic mount

blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
so im getting tired of waiting. im thinking of just buying a account wide blue mount. what do you think. im still 550k ad away from the mount. and honestly im tired of waiting. it takes so long to accumulate anything plus everything in the campaign costs something. its so fustrating only being able to refine 24k a day btw my main has a epic mount
Post edited by blackxxwolf3 on

Comments

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    if you settle for a blue mount then you will be that much farther again from getting a decent mount that you will want to upgrade to anyways. just hang in there :)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you get a 80% you will regret it , just keep on slogging towards the 1.25 million AD (isn't it?) .
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    thanks guys just what i needed.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Don't bother with an 80% mount. It's not worth it.

If anything, you can buy zen in $5 and $10 amounts and add it to the zen you can buy with AD. Meet half way or whatever, if you don't want to "wait".
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    It's far cheaper to just buy an account wide 110% Zen mount, for upgrading a single character's mount is not account wide. You'd need to spend that much on each character on your account, where-as if you buy a Zen mount, that mount will be re-claimable for free on each character on the account. However, I'd also not buy anything less than a 110% mount from the Zen shop, as even though they're account wide, if you upgrade one on a given character to 110%, it will not be upgraded on any other character that re-claims it.

If one is swimming in AD though and really loves a mount at lesser quality though, one may want to do that and just upgrade it the rest of the way for each character specifically.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    so im getting tired of waiting. im thinking of just buying a account wide blue mount. what do you think. im still 550k ad away from the mount. and honestly im tired of waiting. it takes so long to accumulate anything plus everything in the campaign costs something. its so fustrating only being able to refine 24k a day btw my main has a epic mount

You will regret not getting that purple mount. I hate waiting as much as the next guy, but trust me when I tell you to be patient. If you have an extra character slot available, roll a character for it, get them to level 10, and start them on leadership. Make sure to have them invoke, and keep on top of those leadership tasks. Bide your time, and that day will come when you can get that 110% speed mount!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    jackedbrahjackedbrah Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I've been in that same struggle before OP.

Trust me, giving up right now is NOT worth it.

Once you get that shiny 110% mount you will feel the satisfaction of the Lords.

Whereas if you get a puny 80% mount . You will be stuck with it and regret it. Wasting all that previously earned AD for a subpar speed mount.
    Elitist dooshbag

Guardian Fighter main. I will never switch to Paladin even if we're a dying breed. GF for ever!

Main alts: Great Weapon Fighter, Control Wizard.
  • Options
    cataphractoscataphractos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Save for the purple. Cheapest is the Stormraider Clydesdale at 2500Zen. If you have a free character slot, roll a new character and level it up. There is usually a good chance of getting a 15% Zen mount discount coupon to help lessen the pain and wait :D. After that you've got a leadership toon as well.
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My suggestion would be to collect the zen up to be able to buy one, but then wait until there's a purple mount on sale that week. Then level a character to 20 (or level past it and just don't open the Adventurer's box reward thing until then). This'll get you a 15% off coupon for the mount as well. All told you'll get a purple mount for at least 30% off, most likely more.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    amenephis wrote: »
    My suggestion would be to collect the zen up to be able to buy one, but then wait until there's a purple mount on sale that week. Then level a character to 20 (or level past it and just don't open the Adventurer's box reward thing until then). This'll get you a 15% off coupon for the mount as well. All told you'll get a purple mount for at least 30% off, most likely more.

Just an FYI - you can only apply one discount to Zen store item - so if a mount was on sale for 25% off, and you got a 15% off coupon in-game, only the 25% off would apply. While your advice about waiting for a mount to go on sale is a solid one, trying to coordinate the leveling up of a character to coincide with that sale is kind of pointless.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    zelfironzelfiron Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well I personally am one who had this same issue. What i did was basically every time I had a bit of extra AD id dump it into the Exchange. I remember at one point I had almost enough to buy the **** horse and i wasted it off on keys. So i began my journey to an epic mount once again using the same tactic. Lo and Behold a couple weeks ago when i was tempted to login and buy keys again there happened to be a sale and it just happened to be on the clydesdale guess who had more than enough at that point??? This Guy -points to self-. So even though you dont have enough now wait a bit. Tough it out. Tis worth it. -rides off into the sunset on my epic horse-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Zelfiron: Control Wizard
    Siana: Trickster Rogue
    Andromeda: Devoted Cleric
    Death Strike: Guardian Fighter
    Blind Fury: Great Weapon Fighter
    Phantom Reaper: Hunter Ranger (To be Changed to Huntress when I figure out how to)
    Helena: Oathbound Paladin
    Bad Juju: Scourge Warlock
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Just an FYI - you can only apply one discount to Zen store item - so if a mount was on sale for 25% off, and you got a 15% off coupon in-game, only the 25% off would apply. While your advice about waiting for a mount to go on sale is a solid one, trying to coordinate the leveling up of a character to coincide with that sale is kind of pointless.

Really? I could have sworn I did exactly this at one point and it worked out just fine.

That was also quite a while ago though, so I'll freely admit I could be wrong here. Regardless, since the OP sounds like he doesn't care what the specific mount is, only that it be purple, I'd just go with the sale then.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    zelfiron wrote: »
    Well I personally am one who had this same issue. What i did was basically every time I had a bit of extra AD id dump it into the Exchange. I remember at one point I had almost enough to buy the **** horse and i wasted it off on keys. So i began my journey to an epic mount once again using the same tactic. Lo and Behold a couple weeks ago when i was tempted to login and buy keys again there happened to be a sale and it just happened to be on the clydesdale guess who had more than enough at that point??? This Guy -points to self-. So even though you dont have enough now wait a bit. Tough it out. Tis worth it. -rides off into the sunset on my epic horse-

do you know how much it will cost when it goes on sale. just so i can have enough. thanks